ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Selecting Visa Type

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: travelling date..URGENT REPLY PLEASE

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:51 pm

No there shouldn't be.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dolly_14

Post by dolly_14 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:15 pm

Thank you very much for answering all my questions patiently. You've been very helpful. Thanks to this website.
Looking forward to hear from the embassy soon.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:20 pm

Keep us updated with how it's all going.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dolly_14

Chennai processing times

Post by dolly_14 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi all,

I've submitted my application on 23rd November 2015. I've received an email yesterday stating that my application have been received at Chennai by BDHC.

In how many days can my visa be processed?
As it's not the time for student visa...can we expect it bit earlier?
How can I know if any updates?

Thanks in advance.

dolly_14

Re: Chennai processing times

Post by dolly_14 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:18 pm

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/india/pdf/In ... 161115.pdf

If we go through this link, under Chennai section, we could see that the processing time for settlement visas is 15 days which is unbelievable. Can this be true?

dolly_14

Bank statements and call logs

Post by dolly_14 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:37 am

Hi all,
I have submitted my application on 23rd Nov 2015.
1) My online application was submitted on 6 Nov 2015 and I've submitted the bank statements till October. I mean the last transaction date was 10 Oct 2015. Is that fine?

2) Along with that I have submitted a printed statement for the month Oct-Nov (which I feel not necessary).
I've also included the printed statement for the month of Aug-Sep which I felt was missing. As these are printed statements, will they consider the rest as printed statements instead original?

3) I have submitted very few screenshots of our email,whatsapp.
4 screenshots of email
12 screenshots of whatsapp call log (from May to Nov).
6 screenshots of whatsapp messages
4 screenshots of text messages in the month of February (the month we got engaged)
Is that okay?

I'm worried a lot because of the above. Someone please let me know if these are fine.

dolly_14

Visa rejected

Post by dolly_14 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:46 am

Hi. I got my visa refused...I've received the courier from Blue dart yesterday and ve seen that my visa was refused.

Reasons :

1) they've stated that ielts is not an approved exam for English language requirement. Moreover they also stated that we should ve CEFR A1 level..my score is 6.5 which is B2 I believe.

2) They ve mentioned that my degree certificates are not original bt they're original certificates that I've got from university and how to prove it?

3) they ve stated that we didn't meet the financial requirement and other related documents are missing. But we did meet the financial requirement.

Visa type: spouse settlement visa
Visa application: 23 Nov 2015
Visa refused: 14 Dec 2015

Please suggest me how can I move on and is there any way to move to uk asap.... By applying for a visitor visa or something. Please help...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa rejected

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:48 am

What is the exact wording of the refusal (taking out personal details).

Unlikely you will be granted a visitor visa if your settlement visa has been refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dolly_14

Re: Visa rejected

Post by dolly_14 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:57 am

Thanks for the reply.

Documents not submitted :

CT600

VAT registration

Evidence of ownership

Proof of PAYE ref no

I'm sorry for not being so clear about the documents. I'm not able to understand what exactly I need to past as the refusal letter was 6 pages.please suggest me if I can appeal or reapply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Applied and Update : Visa Refused

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:02 pm

I suspect that the online bank statements were an issue. Also, as Casa had asked you, what about the missing payslips that you did not have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dolly_14

Re: Spouse Visa Applied For : Update : Visa Refused

Post by dolly_14 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:06 pm

I've submitted the missing payslips as well. There were no issues with pay slips.they've stated that they've verified the payslips and those are fine.

My main concern is regarding IELTS.
I've written ACADEMIC module for ielts.

Speaking:7
Listening:6

As there is a new pattern that was introduced recently, I think there was an issue.. But I've written my IELTS on Aug 4 2015. I believe that was approved test by that time and is still valid. The new pattern is for only fresh applicants.

They've mentiined that there should be a unique reference number as UKVI number on the IELTS score card which was not there on my score card.

At the time I've seen on the website that English language requirement is not mandatory for adult dependent relative.

Please help me...is that approved one or do I need to take a new test or let me know if it's mandatory
Last edited by dolly_14 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:10 pm

for adult dependent relative.
You are not applying as an adult dependent relative.

English A1 is mandatory for a spouse visa and if not submitted your application will be refused.

What does your English certificate say (name of institution, awarding body, level etc)? Is it a SELT Consortium provider? Does it definitely appear on the list of approved providers?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dolly_14

Post by dolly_14 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:14 pm

They've told that there should be a unique reference number known as UKVI number to verify the score. But it doesn't appear on my score card.

I've checked the SELT approved centres at my place and I've written the exam at that center. But couldn't get a unique reference number.

Any other alternate way?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:18 pm

CR001 wrote:What does your English certificate say (name of institution, awarding body, level etc)? Is it a SELT Consortium provider?
Also, which list are you looking at as there have been a few this year. English Tests (Click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dolly_14

Post by dolly_14 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:30 pm

Thank you for the reply...yes it does appear in the list that you've provided.

I've these on my score card.

Candidate number, center number, date,first language, academic module individual score and over all band score with personal details included. I've this reference number with me which I got in my mail when I've registered for the exam.
IN001-xxxxx-xxxxx
Is this one?

dolly_14

Post by dolly_14 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:41 am

Hi.....

When I've applied for IELTS exam in the month of may, there were only two options...

Academic and General. I've opted academic.

As now there is a new option included called life skills for immigration purpose, will it effect my appeal?

It came into existence after Nov 19th...I'm not sure about the exact date...but its after that and moreover I've submitted my online application on Nov 6th. Do I need to write the life skills or appeal with the same score card. Please help.

dolly_14

Post by dolly_14 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:49 am

I want to apply without ielts. Is it possible?
Because, as the rules have been changed I need to take ielts again. We have slots available in the next month. Need to wait for a long.

I've ielts score card but they told that UKVI number is missing. Any alternate option to get it done.

Please help me...

dolly_14

Settlement visa from UK?

Post by dolly_14 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:00 am

Hi,
I'm from India. My husband is settled in UK and he is a PR holder. My visa has been refused in the month of December. We've to reapply it. He is in UK at present. I heard that we can apply from UK even if the candidate is not in UK and if the visa is granted, we can send our passport for stamping. Is this true? Can my husband submit my application there on my behalf even if I'm in India?
Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:13 pm

You 'heard' wrong. You have to apply in India if you do not have a valid visa for the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dolly_14

Post by dolly_14 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:23 am

Thank you for the reply. Solicitor told that he will be applying from UK itself and at last I need to send my passport for stamping at Vfs. I'm confused as why he is saying so. He told that we can do in that way. Can they do it?