ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All DECEMBER 2007 Applicants: Please post here...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

I applied in Dec 2007 and result is..

Approved
91%
Rejected
9%

Total votes: 47

naveen_k_das
Newly Registered

Got the ref no what next

Post by naveen_k_das » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:29 am

Got the reference number what next .... tried calling the HO at the number thru which i had initially got the reference id but they are not even willing to confirm if a case worker has been assigned .

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:40 am

I suggest that you leave them alone. When did you apply ? I believe they are working on applications received on the 17th Dec now.

naveen_k_das
Newly Registered

Post by naveen_k_das » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:39 am

my application reached HO on the 21st of Dec. Do we sit tight and wait for the HO to make the next move?

Ranjanx

Post by Ranjanx » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:50 am

Payment deducted : 24th dec 07
Reference number received : 7th Jan 08

Not sure if this means case worker assigned or not. Any expert opinions ?

bphanirajkumar

Post by bphanirajkumar » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:54 am

Hi naveen,

As of now they r assessing 17th received aplication, so it may take some more time for us......So have fun till then...

Cheers,
Phani

tsp

Post by tsp » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:00 am

What is the advantage of having REF number? Anybody can explain?

Got a ref number. but the case is not allocated to CASE WORKER.. Is that normal.

If my application received on 20th DEC and Automated message says that the are working on 20th Dec application. Can I expect the decision on 21 Dec..

Difficult time .... no other go.. have to pass thru.

NvNv

Post by NvNv » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:02 am

Hi All ,

send application 26 dec
reached home office 28 dec.

till now i didn't got reference number.just an hour back i send a mail requesting reference number.

how much time they will take to give reply ?

bphanirajkumar

Post by bphanirajkumar » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:02 pm

Hey TSP,

When did u call them up?? yesterday some body told they are workign on 17th application...Looks like they are workign fast.... :lol: :lol:

Hi NVNV,

They will give reply within 4 workign days.....

Regards,
Phani.

tsp

Post by tsp » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:08 pm

Hello,

I have informed that, they are working on 17 Dec application. Even Today also the same status.

Since chandra told, his/her application received on 17 Dec by HO, and he has got decision reply from them, just wondering, whether I can expect the reply from them, if their automated messages says that they are working on 20th dec application.

However, I have not received any REF number thru Email, I called them yesterday and got the Ref number and also the person told, it is not allocated to case worker yet....

This is the situation at this moment...

touchsensor

Ref No.

Post by touchsensor » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I spoke to the Work Permitts (HSMP) Team yesterday. There are two reference numbers we are talking about. One is the reference number for the payment and the other is HSMP reference number. The payment reference number is generated when your payment goes through and the HSMP reference number is generated when you case is allocated to a case worker. My payment cleared on the 31st. I have the payment reference number but not the HSMP reference number as my case is not allocated to a case worker yet. I am guessing once the case is allocated to a case worker, it won't longer that two days to get a decision if there isn't any complication. I can be wrong though.....my payment ref num is HS29********. If anyone want to share theirs, that is cool. I don't know the HSMP reference number but it will be good if someone who has them shares it with all of us so that we have an idea on how is should look like ;)

Good luck everyone......

hsmpseek

Post by hsmpseek » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:35 pm

I can understand the restlessness and tension. But dont worry. If your case is straight forward, transparent and all documents are in place then it takes max 5-7 working days for HO to conclude.

There is no much use of Reference number but its existance depicts that application is received by them and is being considered. And it also helps if you want to send additional documents while your application is under consideration.

They simply DO NOT disclose the decision over phone.

HSMP Seek

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:49 pm

HSMPSeek,

What time of the day did you get your documents back ?

naveen_k_das
Newly Registered

Post by naveen_k_das » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:49 pm

eg : 24****/01 is my hsmp ref number

Ranjanx

Re: Ref No.

Post by Ranjanx » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:50 pm

touchsensor wrote:Hi everyone,

I spoke to the Work Permitts (HSMP) Team yesterday. There are two reference numbers we are talking about. One is the reference number for the payment and the other is HSMP reference number. The payment reference number is generated when your payment goes through and the HSMP reference number is generated when you case is allocated to a case worker. My payment cleared on the 31st. I have the payment reference number but not the HSMP reference number as my case is not allocated to a case worker yet. I am guessing once the case is allocated to a case worker, it won't longer that two days to get a decision if there isn't any complication. I can be wrong though.....my payment ref num is HS29********. If anyone want to share theirs, that is cool. I don't know the HSMP reference number but it will be good if someone who has them shares it with all of us so that we have an idea on how is should look like ;)

Good luck everyone......

Not sure if this is accurate. I got my payment reference number on 31st dec and it is in the format HS29********
However, I did not got my "Reference Number" till yesterday. It is a 6 digit number in the 24**** series (at least in my case).

Since my payment was recieved on 24th Dec but they are still working on 17th December, it should mean that the case has not yet been assigned but still a reference number exists.

I am not really tensed about it but willing to keep track and interact in this thread for the fun of it :)

touchsensor

Ref. no

Post by touchsensor » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:56 pm

It is quite enlightening I would say....;) Since we all are working on Candra's timeline, it will be extremely useful to know which reference no. is she/he talking about(payment ref no. or HSMP reference no.).....Wouldn't you agree?
:D

tsp

Post by tsp » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:15 pm

I have not received any Ref number thru mail. Payment has done on 21 Dec. Application reached on 20th Dec.

I have called yesterday and received the Ref Number : 20****(6 Digit). No idea, what ref number it is...

However, after the person given the Ref number, I asked her, whether the case allocated to Casework, She said not yet....

Hope it does help....

But dont know the time lines... How long will it take to process....

Ranjanx

Post by Ranjanx » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:25 pm

This could be interesting.
My reference number is 243377 , date of submission 24th dec.
If tsp has a ref no starting with 20****, date of submission 20th dec, can we start working on a theory around ref number format ?
This way we might be able to work out an approximate number of cases between any two dates or reference numbers (which not never be confirmed ) and do away with some anxiety on the waiting period ?
Anyone else sharing their reference number ?

NvNv

Post by NvNv » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:41 pm

Hi,

After calling to home office i get to know that....

My application was allocated to caseworker. But didn't generate reference number.

how many days it will take to get approve after allocated to caseworker.

Phani thanks for the info ......

Application sent 26 dec
Reached Ho 28 dec
Money credited 2 jan

Allocated to case worker 5 jan...

No reference number yet.....

How many days it will take to approve...

Thanks
NvNv

mrrajawasim

Post by mrrajawasim » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:42 pm

hi
i call up HO ppl today n got ref no. n currently they ppl r working on 17/12/2007 received applications.....
getting anxious as ma application received by HO on 18/12/2007....... :s

tsp

Post by tsp » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:45 pm

Hey, Dont take my REF number, Mine is 2nd application... As soon as I told my DOB and Last name they assigned 1st app Ref numebr, that is one year back...

tsp

Post by tsp » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Hey mrrajawasim

Please keep update us. even I m curious to know their guide lines...

Thanks

tsp

Post by tsp » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:48 pm

NvNv wrote:Hi,

After calling to home office i get to know that....

My application was allocated to caseworker. But didn't generate reference number.

how many days it will take to get approve after allocated to caseworker.

Phani thanks for the info ......

Application sent 26 dec
Reached Ho 28 dec
Money credited 2 jan

Allocated to case worker 5 jan...

No reference number yet.....

How many days it will take to approve...

Thanks
NvNv

Hey I was wondering . How did u know about this. They are currently working on 17 Dec Application....

Please confirm.

Ranjanx

Post by Ranjanx » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:54 pm

tsp wrote:Hey, Dont take my REF number, Mine is 2nd application... As soon as I told my DOB and Last name they assigned 1st app Ref numebr, that is one year back...
In that case, reference numbers might be completely sequential. Anyone from 17, 18th Dec willing to share their ref number ?

NvNv

Post by NvNv » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:06 pm

Just 2 hour back only i made a call to home office....what she said i put it there..in my earlier message....

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:18 pm

The wait is killing isn't it...I wish I had applied a week earlier......