ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 General Visa from India - 2017

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 4 General Visa from India - 2017

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:58 am

christinar1087 wrote:hi,

no did you get any......
nope ...I called them twice last week....I have to wait anyways...next week i''ll call them...that's all I can do ...they are not saying anythg much,,, :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: waiting for 30 working days....I applied in Chennai,india....but when you see processing time in new delhi...it says 100% in 30 working days....that's the maximum days they will....lets hope for the best...I should have gone for priority service..i made a mistake...wasting these many days worrying about this visa..

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:03 am

by the way...anyone pls help me.... I submitted both Bank letter stating 28 days period....and bank statement... is the bank letter acceptable?

lavey

Post by lavey » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:24 pm

People who all are applying from Delhi.They are not facing this issue I guess because 2 of mine known people got visa on 15 working day.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:53 pm

lavey wrote:People who all are applying from Delhi.They are not facing this issue I guess because 2 of mine known people got visa on 15 working day.
yeah...some of them getting visa earlier...but not all....

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:54 pm

aerobalag wrote:by the way...anyone pls help me.... I submitted both Bank letter stating 28 days period....and bank statement... is the bank letter acceptable?
I know 6 people who are still waiting as of today including me . No updates. All are returning students. I know one who got visa yesterday in 10 working days but he applied piority service and was new applicant. Best to ask your uni to call case working team.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:34 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:by the way...anyone pls help me.... I submitted both Bank letter stating 28 days period....and bank statement... is the bank letter acceptable?
I know 6 people who are still waiting as of today including me . No updates. All are returning students. I know one who got visa yesterday in 10 working days but he applied piority service and was new applicant. Best to ask your uni to call case working team.
BY THE WAY ...I ASKED bank letter...nd u replied abt smtg else

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:13 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
BY THE WAY ...I ASKED bank letter...nd u replied abt smtg else
This was for your other question and yes bank letters are acceptable with bank statements.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:15 am

any one who applied before 12th july....got their visa or any mail from ukvi?

krishdarsh
Newly Registered

Post by krishdarsh » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:25 am

Looks like i aint the only one stuck in this soup.

Here goes my timeline, would be of great help if you guys could help me out :)

I am a new student applying for Bachelors. I choose the Standard processing time cause i had a lot of days left before Univ starts (now cursing myself why i did not take the priority) :roll:

24th July : Applied for tier 4 PBS student visa
26th July : submitted bio-metrics/had an interview/scanned my documents and my passport was taken
from "VFS CHENNAI"
8th August : received a mail from Sheffield saying my application is being prepared for consideration by
an ECO.
18th August : received another mail from Sheffield saying my visa application still remains under
consideration and that they are unable to process it within the 15 day time frame.

I am happy that they atleast sent me a mail on the 16th day. But its kinda frustrating to wait for god knows how long.

I would also like to add that after my interview the interviewer ended the conversation by saying "Enjoy the rest of your days" still debating with myself if that is positive or negative.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:30 am

krishdarsh wrote:Looks like i aint the only one stuck in this soup.

Here goes my timeline, would be of great help if you guys could help me out :)

I am a new student applying for Bachelors. I choose the Standard processing time cause i had a lot of days left before Univ starts (now cursing myself why i did not take the priority) :roll:

24th July : Applied for tier 4 PBS student visa
26th July : submitted bio-metrics/had an interview/scanned my documents and my passport was taken
from "VFS CHENNAI"
8th August : received a mail from Sheffield saying my application is being prepared for consideration by
an ECO.
18th August : received another mail from Sheffield saying my visa application still remains under
consideration and that they are unable to process it within the 15 day time frame.

I am happy that they atleast sent me a mail on the 16th day. But its kinda frustrating to wait for god knows how long.

I would also like to add that after my interview the interviewer ended the conversation by saying "Enjoy the rest of your days" still debating with myself if that is positive or negative.
it sucks......I didn't receive any mail from ukvi..that they unable to make decision within 15 days...for its 27th working day....I applied on 12th jully............if u don mind...can u post that screenshot of tht mail saying they can not process mail in 15 days

krishdarsh
Newly Registered

Post by krishdarsh » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:36 am

i dont know how to attach a photo but the mail went like this :

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application remains under consideration.

We have previously communicated our customer service target for non-settlement applications as 15 working days. Unfortunately, we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service target. We apologise for any inconvenience that this might cause.

We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible over the coming days.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:47 am

krishdarsh wrote:i dont know how to attach a photo but the mail went like this :

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application remains under consideration.

We have previously communicated our customer service target for non-settlement applications as 15 working days. Unfortunately, we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service target. We apologise for any inconvenience that this might cause.

We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible over the coming days.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

thanks bro...lets hope fr the best

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:00 am

[quote="Waqasrafiq2"]

bro..when u submitted ur biometrics?

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:49 pm

Friday over...today also no reply this is my 27th working day...next working day monday :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:57 pm

aerobalag wrote:Friday over...today also no reply this is my 27th working day...next working day monday :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Decisions made on thursday gets update on Sunday.Saw many soo you can . I am waiting for reply from uni.

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:05 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:Friday over...today also no reply this is my 27th working day...next working day monday :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Decisions made on thursday gets update on Sunday.Saw many soo you can . I am waiting for reply from uni.

Today i emailed my uni and they replied me that its pretty early to Ask abput your visa if ypu dont recieve any updates till 4th thn we shall email them:(

lavey

Post by lavey » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:12 pm

Mine is 25th working day.Man now I am getting depress.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:57 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:Friday over...today also no reply this is my 27th working day...next working day monday:
my university told me..they cant do anything......u guys getting some help from uni...im just sitting nd waiting fr my decision....this is so frustating :cry: :cry: :cry:

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:04 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:Friday over...today also no reply this is my 27th working day...next working day monday:
my university told me..they cant do anything......u guys getting some help from uni...im just sitting nd waiting fr my decision....this is so frustating :cry: :cry: :cry:

i hope you'l receive some notification in coming week..as one
my friend applied on standard visa on 6th july just got her decision after 40 days

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:20 pm

Razbi wrote:
aerobalag wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:

my friend applied on standard visa on 6th july just got her decision after 40 days
Was she returning student or new student?

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Never thought I'd ever hate weekends but now I do. :|

36 days and counting....

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:53 pm

Razbi wrote:
aerobalag wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:

40 working days or normal days bro?

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:54 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:Never thought I'd ever hate weekends but now I do. :|

36 days and counting....
when did u submit ur biometric? I submitted on 12th july

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka