ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

90 DAYS CONTINUITY BROKE DUE TO COVID-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

secret.simon

Re: 90 DAYS CONTINUITY BROKE DUE TO COVID-19

Post by secret.simon » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:54 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:47 pm
if you are one of the non-British nationalities that can vote
To expand on that, you can register to vote if you have any Commonwealth, EU or Irish citizenship.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

shb101
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by shb101 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:33 pm

Hi All,

Once you submit the application and you got appt after a month so can we upload docs 48 hours before the appt or I need to upload it now.

Furthermore, there is an option once you upload the doc then you can submit the docs as well, however once you submit then you cannot amend or replace the doc. Kindly advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:52 pm

Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload”
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

shb101
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by shb101 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:05 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:52 pm
Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment).

So you mean to say by saving processing time that once I upload docs and self-submit, so case working will start working on the application no matter biometric is not done or they will wait until the biometric is done ?

shb101
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by shb101 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:25 am

shb101 wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:05 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

So you mean to say by saving processing time that once I upload docs and self-submit, so case working will start working on the application no matter biometric is not done or they will wait until the biometric is done ?
Any comments on my above query please.

shb101
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by shb101 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:57 am

shb101 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:25 am
shb101 wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:05 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

Any comments on my above query please.
Hi Cullinan and others,

Any comments on above ?

shb101
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by shb101 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:45 pm

Hi Guys,

I got Sopra Steria appt in end of Jan, however I submitted my application in December, However, referee docs signed date and cover letter date are the same date when I submitted my application my application.

Or do I need to get the referee declaration signed near the date of my Sopra Steria Appt ?

Furthermore, I uploaded below docs but not yet submitted, let me know if I am missing anything because I am about to submit the docs by myself.

Docs:

Passports
BRP
Referees Declaration
University Degree
Life in the UK Test

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:55 pm

You are overthinking - the biometrics appointment is just that, for biometrics, it is not relevant to your application date or the date of referee declarations. Your document list looks ok.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

shb101
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by shb101 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:34 am

Hi Gurus,

As national lockdown has been annonced last night. So what will happen with our appts which is already booked for January ? Any idea as UKVCAS hasn't posted anything about this yet.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:37 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shb101
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by shb101 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:41 am

Hi Guys,

What is the timeline for the decision now a days once you submitted you biometric ? I know they say within 6 months they will make a decision however any idea how long they taking now a days to decide the application. Thanks in advance