ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BladeS8
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension queries

Post by BladeS8 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:36 pm

Hi all,

We’re just uploading our documents to the portal in advance of the appt next Friday.

Does it matter what category you put things in it’s says try and put something in each one?

Mandatory documents for X applicant
Below is a list of mandatory document categories for your application. Each category tab contains a description of the documents required. Please ensure that you provide a document in each of these categories.

Only proof of identity and proof of application does it say exactly what to upload.

Proof of identity
Uploaded husbands brp, and my driving licence, birth certificate and uk passport

Proof application
Husbands Pakistan current passport
Husbands old Pakistan passport with entry to uk
Part 1 husbands consent declaration
Part 2 my consent deceleration
Spouse my deceleration

Other
Proof of home ownership

Residence in the uk
Council tax
Letters addressed to us in the last 2 years

Finances
Bank statements husbands and mine
Declaration of savings husbands and mine

Proof of business
Don’t know what to put in here

Life events
Daughters birth certificates
Marriage certificate

Medical information
Daughters ongoing medical support

Sponsors / employment
P60 2020
Payslips
Confirmation of employment letter

Educational
English language test certificate

Also are we ok to submit photos I know we had to when we applied for his spouse visa.

Thanks

Nikki

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:08 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:36 pm
Hi all,

We’re just uploading our documents to the portal in advance of the appt next Friday.

Does it matter what category you put things in it’s says try and put something in each one? No, it doesn't matter, only endeavour to upload all needed docs in support of application
application

Mandatory documents for X applicant
Below is a list of mandatory document categories for your application. Each category tab contains a description of the documents required. Please ensure that you provide a document in each of these categories.

Only proof of identity and proof of application does it say exactly what to upload.

Proof of identity
Uploaded husbands brp, and my driving licence, birth certificate and uk passport

Proof application
Husbands Pakistan current passport
Husbands old Pakistan passport with entry to uk
Part 1 husbands consent declaration
Part 2 my consent deceleration
Spouse my deceleration

Other
Proof of home ownership

Residence in the uk
Council tax
Letters addressed to us in the last 2 years

Finances
Bank statements husbands and mine
Declaration of savings husbands and mine

Proof of business
Don’t know what to put in here

Life events
Daughters birth certificates
Marriage certificate

Medical information
Daughters ongoing medical support

Sponsors / employment
P60 2020
Payslips
Confirmation of employment letter

Educational
English language test certificate

Also are we ok to submit photos I know we had to when we applied for his spouse visa. There is no requirement for photos, cohabitation documents will take care of evidence

Thanks

Nikki

BladeS8
United Kingdom

Post by BladeS8 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:44 pm

Thank you Amazonian.

We’ve submitted the documents now.

We only submitted six months of banks statements for my husband but 12 months of payslips as he’s non salaried and that’s what was asked for. Think Seagul said that’s fine just want to double check it’s ok?

We meet the financial requirement by employment and cash savings

Thanks

Nikki

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:21 am

BladeS8 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:44 pm
We’ve submitted the documents now.

We only submitted six months of banks statements for my husband but 12 months of payslips as he’s non salaried and that’s what was asked for. Think Seagul said that’s fine just want to double check it’s ok?

We meet the financial requirement by employment and cash savings

Thanks

Nikki
Hopefully caseworker wouldn't be confused from excessive amount of payslips.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

BladeS8
United Kingdom

Post by BladeS8 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:50 am

we followed the document checklist as that’s what it said on there didn’t want to get it wrong. It says on the upload page to make sure you do everything ok the checklist. Is that ok 12 months payslips and 6 months bank statements?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:37 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:50 am
Is that ok 12 months payslips and 6 months bank statements?
Ideally these should remain identical. However, if you were falling under category A then obviously your 6 months of superfluous payslips will be inconsiderated.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

BladeS8
United Kingdom

Post by BladeS8 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:46 pm

Thanks Seagul we think he falls in cat a as he’s worked for the same company since he arrived started about a month from when he arrived 2.5 years ago. He’s on a four hour contract but does roughly same hours each month and pay differs by 100-300. Hopefully they’ll be fine with what he’s submitted and ignore the additional 6 months payslips as we can’t remove now as all docs have a status of submitted. We followed the checklist and didn’t want to elect anything wrong but as you’ve said they cover a number of scenarios.

Also when he attends his UKVAS appointment for he need to bring all the print outs or not? It says not but we don’t want to get caught out. He’s planning taking his Id and appointment letter.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:17 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:46 pm
Thanks Seagul
Also when he attends his UKVAS appointment for he need to bring all the print outs or not? It says not but we don’t want to get caught out. He’s planning taking his Id and appointment letter.
Hypothetically the original ones must be taken to the appointment so that if anything gets missing then can be spotted on & re-uploaded. However, most often these aren't being asked/seen other than the identity check.

BladeS8
United Kingdom

Post by BladeS8 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:47 pm

Ok thank you good to know.

Regards

Nikki

BladeS8
United Kingdom

Post by BladeS8 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:38 pm

Hi,

A work friend of husbands is also extending his spouse visa but they are only supplying a screenshot from their bank showing Work money going into their account for the last 12 months not full banks statements like we’ve submitted. They are relying solely on employment income. Just thought I’d check for them this is ok?

Thanks

Nikki

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:42 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:38 pm
Hi,

A work friend of husbands is also extending his spouse visa but they are only supplying a screenshot from their bank showing Work money going into their account for the last 12 months not full banks statements like we’ve submitted. They are relying solely on employment income. Just thought I’d check for them this is ok?

Thanks

Nikki
Screenshots won't be considered regardless of how severe is the state of national/personal emergency. Simply log in into personal banking and download the bank statements.

BladeS8
United Kingdom

Post by BladeS8 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:01 pm

I thought so. I’ll let them know. Thank you.

Nikki

BladeS8
United Kingdom

Post by BladeS8 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:21 pm

Hi all,

Husband has been to his UKVAS appointment he was literally in and out it was that quick they didn’t mention anything about the first name having a capital letter in it. Only annoying thing they made him wait outside in the rain for 5 mins even though they have a massive reception with no one in there.

Hopefully it will be a good outcome from when caseworker sees his application. Although we’ve been told it is taking longer to process them during covid.

Thanks

Nikki