ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension - BRP card & passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Massmass
India

Spouse visa extension - BRP card & passport

Post by Massmass » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:08 pm

Hi.

For spouse visa extension, is spouse passport taken to provide a new stamp (vignette?) or is it just new BRP provided.

The BRP card shows expiry of 28th March 2021 so is it ok to apply for extension visa on Feb 28th 2021?

When does biometric have to be done once online application is submitted? is it before the expiry on BRP?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa extension - BRP card & passport

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:20 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:22 pm

For spouse visa extension, is spouse passport taken to provide a new stamp (vignette?)

No!
or is it just new BRP provided.
Yes.
The BRP card shows expiry of 28th March 2021 so is it ok to apply for extension visa on Feb 28th 2021?
Yes.
When does biometric have to be done once online application is submitted? is it before the expiry on BRP?
Within 45 working days after submitting online. Current brp expiry date is irrelevant. The relevant Date of application is the date you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Massmass
India

Post by Massmass » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:56 pm

how does it work with the 45 days as surely old BRP will have expired making spouse overstayer?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:00 pm

Massmass wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:56 pm
how does it work with the 45 days as surely old BRP will have expired making spouse overstayer?
It doesn't matter as long as you have submitted and paid online BEFORE visa expiry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Massmass
India

Post by Massmass » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:00 pm
Massmass wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:56 pm
It doesn't matter as long as you have submitted and paid online BEFORE visa expiry.
ah ok thanks, I have never quite understood why people say you can apply a day before the BRP expires if you want as I thought due to processing etc you become an overstayer as BRP will have expired by the time online application is verified. I am guessing there is some clause which prevents this from happening to spouse so they don't count as overstayer?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:40 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

Massmass
India

Post by Massmass » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:40 pm
Section 3C, link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... d-3d-leave
Thank you, very kind of you to help :D

Massmass
India

Post by Massmass » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:04 pm

apologies but one last question:

Having a look at the HO letter from the first visa, it says ''your application has been sucessful. This means that when you arrive in the UK you will have permission to be in the UK (known as leave to enter) as PARTNER (Standard) from...

Does this mean my wife is on the 10 yr route or 5 year route and can they be switched if needed?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:24 pm

Massmass wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:04 pm

Having a look at the HO letter from the first visa, it says ''your application has been sucessful. This means that when you arrive in the UK you will have permission to be in the UK (known as leave to enter) as PARTNER (Standard) from...

Does this mean my wife is on the 10 yr route or 5 year route and can they be switched if needed?
You are on 5 years route if it states STANDARD on your vignette.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:13 pm

Massmass wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:04 pm

She is on the Standard route of 5years and need not switch from or to any other route.