ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - T2 General - Covid 19 Vaccine from NHS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - T2 General - LIUK Test

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:04 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:39 am
Many Thanks for the responses.

I am inclined towards marking the Home Office Reference number question as NO, as the OUR REF on my T2 General visa letter is not being accepted by the Registration form.

I am just wondering if the Home Office Reference number is the same as BRP Number, although I appreciate that you marked that as NO on your LIUK Account?

I am not due for ILR until a few months from now, but I am trying to take the Test in advance. Is that acceptable? Does it have an Expiry Date?

Also, was the Bank Statement you carried Stamped and Signed by the Bank?

Finally, how is the Appointment availability looking now? Are all Centres open now? Also, how difficult was the Test and is practising the Test mock questions sufficient to pass?

Yes, just mark the reference number question as "No" and move on. It is not a mandatory field. The BRP number is a unique permit number, not the same as a home office reference number.

Yes, the test needs to be taken in advance anyway. Few months in advance is not an issue. There isn't an expiry date for it - the "PASS" result is valid indefinitely.

The bank statement I carried was one I get posted from the bank (not signed or stamped). I still get at least one statement posted for proof of address purposes rather than going completely paperless. You can also carry your driving licence if you have one (for peace of mind - once again, neither me nor anyone there was asked for proof of address).

Availability was good when I was booking a couple of weeks ago. I think most centres are open, but I only checked the centres nearest to me when booking.

I can only speak for my own experience - the test was really easy for me - I might have gotten lucky with that bit. I would suggest reading the book and practising mock tests that can be found online by Google searching. We are not allowed to link 3rd party websites but if you Google "Life in UK test web", the first result is a good resource for practise/mock questions. Just make sure you learn the facts and not just the questions and answers from mock/practise tests.

anub2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by anub2016 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:16 pm

Many Thanks.

I believe the Expiry Date of the ID Document to be filled in the Form is the VALID UNTIL Date mentioned on the BRP. Is that right?

The Bank Statement I got printed from the Branch has only been Stamped and NOT Signed. Also, it shows my partner's name as well, as it is a Joint Account.
Is that fine?

Also, is there a way to check the Appointment Availability first without having to register the details?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:28 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:16 pm
Many Thanks.

I believe the Expiry Date of the ID Document to be filled in the Form is the VALID UNTIL Date mentioned on the BRP. Is that right?
Yes

The Bank Statement I got printed from the Branch has only been Stamped and NOT Signed. Also, it shows my partner's name as well, as it is a Joint Account.
Is that fine?
I did my test a couple of months back. I didn't take any address proof and was never asked for one.

Also, is there a way to check the Appointment Availability first without having to register the details?
No
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

anub2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by anub2016 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:09 am

Hi,

Could the Moderators/Experts please advise on the Documents that are required to support the ILR application?

Also, should the question about the Net Salary be answered with the Salary amount on the latest Payslip?

I am conscious because the Pence part of the monthly Salary could differ every month and I believe that last 3 months' Payslips are required to be submitted with the Application. Is it okay if the Salary amount on those Payslips differ in the Pence value?

Many Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:50 am

anub2016 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:09 am
Hi,

Could the Moderators/Experts please advise on the Documents that are required to support the ILR application?

Also, should the question about the Net Salary be answered with the Salary amount on the latest Payslip?

I am conscious because the Pence part of the monthly Salary could differ every month and I believe that last 3 months' Payslips are required to be submitted with the Application. Is it okay if the Salary amount on those Payslips differ in the Pence value?

Many Thanks.
Go read the Tier 2 guide :!:
Minor differences are NOT important and only the last payslip is required.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

anub2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by anub2016 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:21 pm

Hi,

Do the questions in the real LIUK Test specifically ask to mark Two Answers if there are two correct answers to a question, or is it left to the knowledge of the applicant?

Many Thanks.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:12 pm

They ask you to select two options if that's what the expectation is.

Google for "life in uk test web" and click on the first link to see 15 sets of Exams. Practice these repeatedly until you get all of them right
Myself & friends received at least 22 out of 24 LIUK questions from these 15 exams
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

anub2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by anub2016 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

poper wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:12 pm
They ask you to select two options if that's what the expectation is.

Google for "life in uk test web" and click on the first link to see 15 sets of Exams. Practice these repeatedly until you get all of them right
Myself & friends received at least 22 out of 24 LIUK questions from these 15 exams
Many Thanks poper. So, that means that the actual Test is similar to the Practice Tests with regards to asking to select the number of responses.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:12 pm

I took my test three months back. I do not recall receiving a question which had multiple answers tbh.
It shouldn't be different

anub2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by anub2016 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:27 pm

poper wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:12 pm
I took my test three months back. I do not recall receiving a question which had multiple answers tbh.
It shouldn't be different
Thanks poper.

Also, did you take just the BRP to the Test Centre or did you also take Address Proof and a Print Out of the Test Booking Confirmation email with you?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:37 pm

Just the BRP as I registered with it

anub2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by anub2016 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:44 pm

poper wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:37 pm
Just the BRP as I registered with it
Many Thanks.

The Handbook has a lot of Information to digest which makes me a bit nervous :) Not sure if you passed the Test with just practising the Tests.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:55 pm

I never read the handbook. Neither did my spouse. It could be an overkill.
When I gained confidence on these 15 tests from my friend, i practiced just those.

anub2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by anub2016 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:14 pm

Hi,

I have a query regarding the LIUK Account.

* Could you please advise what are the details that are shown after clicking the 'Edit Details' button on the My Account page of the LIUK Account? And which ones are Editable?

As far as I know, only the Name, DOB and the Address are shown on the main Home Page.

* Also, is the 'Edit Details' button still Active and the Details editable after passing the LIUK Test?

Many Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:24 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:14 pm
Hi,

I have a query regarding the LIUK Account.

* Could you please advise what are the details that are shown after clicking the 'Edit Details' button on the My Account page of the LIUK Account? And which ones are Editable?

As far as I know, only the Name, DOB and the Address are shown on the main Home Page.

* Also, is the 'Edit Details' button still Active and the Details editable after passing the LIUK Test?

Many Thanks.
We do not have the sight to the original online form. Best to run a dummy in case you want to see something.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

anub2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by anub2016 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:48 pm

Thanks Cullinan.

Hi Poper. Are you able to login to your LIUK Account and let me know if the Button is still Active and what details it shows when clicked?

Many Thanks.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:04 pm

Yes, fields are editable for me.
But, why would you want to edit something after the test?

anub2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by anub2016 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:37 pm

poper wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:04 pm
Many Thanks Poper.

Are you able to tell me please if all the below Details show up after clicking the Edit Details button?

* Country of Nationality
* Country of Birth
* Town of Birth
* Document ID Number
* Document ID Expiry Date
* Reason for taking test
* Home Office Reference Number
* Dependent of British Armed Forces
* Telephone Number

Also, which of these are Editable?

Many Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:44 pm

A mere editing from the applicant end doesn't necessarily amend the details already held in the test centre database.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:57 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:44 pm
A mere editing from the applicant end doesn't necessarily amend the details already held in the test centre database.
Exactly
Personal attributes are editable as one may need to take more than one test in case they fail their first test

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:02 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:37 pm
poper wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:04 pm
Many Thanks Poper.

Are you able to tell me please if all the below Details show up after clicking the Edit Details button?

* Country of Nationality - No
* Country of Birth - Yes
* Town of Birth - Yes
* Document ID Number - Yes
* Document ID Expiry Date - Yes
* Reason for taking test - Yes
* Home Office Reference Number - Yes
* Dependent of British Armed Forces - Cant see this field
* Telephone Number - Yes

Also, which of these are Editable?

Many Thanks.

anub2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR - T2 General - Joint Bank Account

Post by anub2016 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:14 pm

Hi,

I hold a Joint Bank Account with my partner and my Salary is paid into this Account.

* Will the Statement of this Joint Bank Account be acceptable for ILR?

* Is any additional document/declaration required from the Joint Account Holder in this scenario?

Many Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR - T2 General - Joint Bank Account

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:30 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:14 pm
Hi,

I hold a Joint Bank Account with my partner and my Salary is paid into this Account.

* Is any additional document/declaration required from the Joint Account Holder in this scenario?

Many Thanks.
Yes

Joint account holder will sign part 2 of the consent form.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

anub2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by anub2016 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:43 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:30 pm
anub2016 wrote:
Hi,

Many Thanks.
Yes

Thanks Cullinan.

Do you know why is that required? Are checks carried out on the Joint holder too for making a decision?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:55 am

anub2016 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:43 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:30 pm
anub2016 wrote:
Hi,

Many Thanks.
Yes

Thanks Cullinan.

Do you know why is that required? Are checks carried out on the Joint holder too for making a decision?
The bank statement is in joint names. Both of you and your wife consent is needed. HO may carry any checks they want.