ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appeal won-next

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jdawood

Re: Waiting for the HO to reply

Post by jdawood » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:29 am

khan11 wrote:
  • jdawood wrote:Thanks for the advices, i have won the appeal case on the 10th Feb and is still waiting to hear from the HO, as per the the comments above it has taken 6 weeks by HO to rpely back for the pasport to be send for the visa to stamp, and thre was one who applied through a solicitor, i think i might ask my solicitor as well to write to HO regarding getting my visa stamped,

Thanks for the advices,
May I know based on which grounds did the Home office refused your visa ?
The Funds, As they did not accpeted my Reserve Statements, so i produced another statements and won the appeal, now waiting to get my PP back from HO.

PaulJohnAndCo
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by PaulJohnAndCo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:41 pm

I won an appeal on 5th Feb and I received a letter on 27th March for the passports.

The normal address for sending the passports after the appeal is allowed is
UKBA
The Home Office
Appeals Directorate
Appeals implementation Unit
P O Box 502
Leeds, LS1 2ZE

This will be there in the letter you receive from the unit. Normally the passports are returned to your solicitor if you have one and it is recommended to send your passports by recorded delivery

Regards
Paul

dejavus
Newly Registered

Post by dejavus » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:26 am

Passports were never returned by the home office when we applied for the first time. Now appeal has been allowed on 23rd Feb and HO has not contacted yet. Has anybody else same experience when HO retained the passports. I am just worried if they loose them.

zarikashif

abt pp

Post by zarikashif » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:10 am

HI MATE
sometimes home office keep the passport i got my determination on 20th of feb still no responce ,
i m in a same boat mate

jdawood

Re: appeal won-next

Post by jdawood » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:21 pm

sany_mano wrote:HO have rejected my PSW visa due to absence of the Uni awarded certificate and I have appealed and Judge gave decision on my favour.
So can anyone please tell me how long it will take once receive judge's decision to letter from the HO requesting passports ?

Now 20 days have passed already after judge's decision

has there anyone had a similar experience? please tell me how long it takes for requesting passports?

Thanks
Have You recived your PP yet?

jdawood

Post by jdawood » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:23 pm

sany_mano wrote:
Diokpa wrote:I guess the letter comes afterall, just that it takes time...I need to start counting my 6 weeks also. Congrats!

PS:

Sorry I don't know what address you should sent it to, wasn't that stated in the letter?
i sent my passport to sheffield where the letter come from

Thanx
Any news on the PP, how many days does it takes to come back with the visa stamped.

zarikashif

which address?

Post by zarikashif » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:05 pm

hi guys,
kan anybody who applied through solicitor tell me plz on which address i will get the call in letter from home office for passport ,on mine address or my solicitor address
thanks

zarikashif

contact no of AIU

Post by zarikashif » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:20 pm

hi guys,
Anybody who knows the contact number of Appeals implementation unit ,LEEDS(AIU),PLZ POST IT HERE
BUNDELS OF THANKS

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Re: contact no of AIU

Post by Diokpa » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:47 pm

zarikashif wrote:hi guys,
Anybody who knows the contact number of Appeals implementation unit ,LEEDS(AIU),PLZ POST IT HERE
BUNDELS OF THANKS
I don't think there is a contact number for them but if anyone has been successful in speaking to them on the phone then do provide the number. Thanks.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

sban

Post by sban » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:57 am

On the AIT website FAQ it says:

"When an appeal is allowed, the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal (AIT) will forward the Tribunal determinations to you, your representative and the Respondent (the UK Border Agency ). This is so that any party who wants to ask for a review of the determination on a point of law can do so. The AIT aims to do this within 12 working days of the hearing. The UK Border Agency will let the Entry Clearance Officer know of the decision. The UK Border Agency has 5 days in which to challenge the determination. If they decide not to do so they will send a copy of the determination to the Entry Clearance Officer and aim to do this within 4 weeks."

Also:
"When the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) receives a copy of the decision, they will link it to your file and take one of the following actions:

They will contact you regarding the issue of your entry clearance. The visa section will aim to contact you as soon as possible but this can take up to 4 weeks.

When the Immigration Judge has allowed an appeal the ECO will confirm whether you still wish to travel, the category of entry clearance required and whether there has been any change of circumstances. This may require another brief interview and the need to see further documents. The entry clearance should then be issued unless there has been a significant and material change of circumstances since the refusal decision, or a material deception has come to light of which the Immigration Judge would be unaware."

So ideally eight weeks (plus five days for contesting the appeal decision), but going by members' experience, a lot longer.

I received my decision on 4 April so I guess I have a long wait ahead.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:20 am

rahilnaz wrote:Does anybody know Who HO send this letter to, Would that be me or my solicitor?

I changed my address during appeal process and wondering which address HO would send it to. Appeal decision was sent to my new address.

Thx
Hello rahilnaz, have you received your passport back from the HO?

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:42 pm

Diokpa wrote:
rahilnaz wrote:Does anybody know Who HO send this letter to, Would that be me or my solicitor?

I changed my address during appeal process and wondering which address HO would send it to. Appeal decision was sent to my new address.

Thx
I received letter from Appeal Unit last week confirming that visa has been stamped but they require picture ID or photograph attested by professional person. I sent photograph signed by my office manager and hoping to receive passport in this week. I will let you guys know

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:10 am

rahilnaz wrote:
Diokpa wrote:

Thx
I received letter from Appeal Unit last week confirming that visa has been stamped but they require picture ID or photograph attested by professional person. I sent photograph signed by my office manager and hoping to receive passport in this week. I will let you guys know
great news.. best of luck..

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:27 am

yasa wrote: great news.. best of luck..
Dear All,
I have received my passport today with 2 year leave valid until mar/2011.
HO did not count 5 months which they wasted in appeal process (my student leave expired in October).

Anyway, if someone need help please let me know via thread only.

Take care and wish you best of luck for your future.

A

Post by A » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:39 am

rahilnaz wrote:
Dear All,
HO did not count 5 months which they wasted in appeal process (my student leave expired in October).

That's great news, rahilnaz. Well done! Fingers crossed my letter for my passport will hurry up and arrive soon so I can finally get mine too!

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:39 pm

Great news....keep it up n best of luck from now onwards...!!!

jdawood

Post by jdawood » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:34 pm

rahilnaz wrote:
Dear All,

Can you please tell me, how much time did it took, since when you send off the PP to HO, after the callin letter, means when did you send the PP and pics, and after how long did it came back, as i need to know, because i want to Travel out to Pakistan, for some personal reasons.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:26 pm

jdawood wrote:
rahilnaz wrote:
Dear All,

Can you please tell me, how much time did it took, since when you send off the PP to HO, after the callin letter, means when did you send the PP and pics, and after how long did it came back, as i need to know, because i want to Travel out to Pakistan, for some personal reasons.
I wouldn't advice you to base your estimate of the time you'll receive yours on how long it took Rahilnaz to get his. The HO are very inconsistent with how they treat appeals implementation. So don't go buying tickets or anything until you get your visa back. Good Luck.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:59 pm

I got my visa back today from Appeal Implementation Unit and it's valid for 2 years obviously. Thanks for all the support I got on here and I hope you all get through this stressful process. All the best everyone!

jdawood

Post by jdawood » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:44 pm

Diokpa wrote:I got my visa back today from Appeal Implementation Unit and it's valid for 2 years obviously. Thanks for all the support I got on here and I hope you all get through this stressful process. All the best everyone!
Hello Congrats, thanks for the advice, and congrats on receiving your visa, Please tell me how long did it took yours to come back since you send the PP and pics, as i need to know the estimated time, cause have some urgent plans for travel. please let me know, the time frame it took since you send the PP to Leeds with pictures.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:04 pm

My passport came back approximately 5 weeks after I sent it to Leeds.

jdawood

Post by jdawood » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:30 pm

Diokpa wrote:My passport came back approximately 5 weeks after I sent it to Leeds.
Hmmmm gr8, i did send my PP on the 15th march, so i must expect to come back next week any time. then, thanks for this. take care and enjoy.

jdawood

Post by jdawood » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:02 pm

jdawood wrote:
Diokpa wrote:My passport came back approximately 5 weeks after I sent it to Leeds.
Hmmmm gr8, i did send my PP on the 15th march, so i must expect to come back next week any time. then, thanks for this. take care and enjoy.
Dear All

I have recieved my PP today, with a leave for one more year untill 20th Aprill 2010, Thanks for all the support and advices.

Any one need help, can contact me on the threads.

Thanks and Best wishes to all and Good Luck.

Take Care

megastar
Newly Registered

Post by megastar » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:50 pm

same with me. i got my PP back today(with my solicitor). apprx.. 5 weeks..
this forum helped me a lot... thanks & best of luck to people awaiting decisions....

zarikashif

Post by zarikashif » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:30 am

i recieved my call in letter today