ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Registration Success (MN1) For Child Born in Uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:04 am

John wrote:You are no doubt including your spouse on the form SET(O), so any reason why you are not going to include your newly-born child?

Actually another thought! As you are applying for ILR on the basis of HSMP JR2009, the date of issue of your ILR could well be back-dated, and possibly back-dated to a date before the birth of your child!

If such back-dating does happen, the conclusion is that (retrospectively) your child will have been British since the moment of birth. In which case, following the issue of such back-dated ILR, you would just apply for a British passport for your child ... no need to register using form MN1.

Actually, when did you come to the UK on HSMP? That is, when does your HSMP 4-year period start?

Other thoughts on this very welcome.
I don't think it can be certain that the courts would accept "backdated" ILR as sufficient to confer British nationality on a child ... registration under MN1 is a safer option.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:41 am

Yes, but maybe an unnecessary expense.

It would be good to know the attitude of the Passport Agency. That is, will they simply issue a British Passport for the child, if an application is made for that?
John

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:03 pm

John wrote:Yes, but maybe an unnecessary expense.

It would be good to know the attitude of the Passport Agency. That is, will they simply issue a British Passport for the child, if an application is made for that?
Apparently, one poster was rejected, while another one succeeded.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

inzellhsw

Post by inzellhsw » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:20 pm

hi guys, I'm going to apply naturalisation for my baby daughter who's born in the UK and 14 months old now. I contacted the NCS and they said she definitely needs two referees. It will cost me £20 to get the GP sign on the form.

my question is, later on when she needs to apply for the passport, does it need to get the GP sign on the form again? that will be another £20. (sorry I couldn't locate a passport application form now to find it out myself)

thank you! :)

eric79

Re: Child Registration Success (MN1) For Child Born in Uk

Post by eric79 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:21 am

f2k wrote:Just wanted to say got registration certificate for my baby.

Applied: 10 June 09 (Croydon NCS)
Applied Under Section 1(3)
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 19 June 09
Payment deducted: 21 June (paid by cheque £460)
Registration Certicate received: 26 June Dated (23 June 09)

Thats just about 2 weeks to complete. Child was born here in UK and did not have ILR.

I went with my passport and wife's passport with our ILR's (only one was required but the NCS registrar said since i had them there she might as well copy them) and birth certicate which was also copied so i left with my originals.
Also the application did NOT have any referees. Hope this helps those struggling to get referees for their babies
thanks f2k for your advices thx very much.
applied 03 august 09(NCS)
applied under section 1(3)
card debited 6 august 09
acknowledgement letter received 10 august 09
registration certificate received 20 august 09

sameera82
Newly Registered

Post by sameera82 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Hi all,

Thankfully I recieved my kids registration certificate today. Here is my timeline:

Applied thru NCS: 6 Aug 2009 (Hounslow, London)
Applied under Section 1(3)
Payment debited: 11 Aug 2009
Acknowledgment recieved: 21 Aug 2009 Dated 11 Aug 2009
Certificate recieved: 21 Aug 2009 Dated 19 Aug 2009

No, i havent made a mistake. acknowledgment letter and certificate arrived the same day. I dont know why they took so long to mail the aknowledgment letter.

Thanx to all of u.
Good luck with ur applications.

faz123

Re: successful MN1 application timeline

Post by faz123 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:19 pm

faz123 wrote:NCS or Postal: NCS Sutton
Date of submission or posting: 2nd July 2009
CRITERIA: 2 children born in the UK MN1 after parents obtained ILR on 29th June 2009 under HSMP JR
Date of receipt of Application @ HO: 7th July 2009
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 7th July 2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 9th July 2009
Date of receipt of approval: 30th July 2009 (Dated 22nd July & 24th July)
Date of appln. for passport: Waiting
Passport received: Waiting

Faz
Update:
CRITERIA: MN1 2 children born in the UK & parents subsequently obtained ILR on 29th June 2009 under HSMP JR
Date of appln. for passport: 6th August 2009 (using check and send)
Passport received: Today with all documents (2 weeks as promised)

Fazal

sameera82
Newly Registered

Post by sameera82 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:14 am

faz123 wrote:
CRITERIA: 2 children born in the UK MN1 after parents obtained ILR on 29th June 2009 under HSMP JR

Faz
Update:
CRITERIA: MN1 2 children born in the UK & parents subsequently obtained ILR on 29th June 2009 under HSMP JR

Fazal
Hello Fazal,
Congrats on getting the passports for ur kids. i recieved my kids certificates yesterday and now thinking about applying for passports. My case is same as yours, hsmp jr and kids born in uk.
i wanted to ask what documents you send along with ur passport application. also who can act as referee for kids in the passport application form.
thanks in advance for your help.

faz123

Post by faz123 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:48 pm

sameera82 wrote:
faz123 wrote:

Faz
Update:

Fazal
Hello Fazal,
Congrats on getting the passports for ur kids. i recieved my kids certificates yesterday and now thinking about applying for passports. My case is same as yours, hsmp jr and kids born in uk.
i wanted to ask what documents you send along with ur passport application. also who can act as referee for kids in the passport application form.
thanks in advance for your help.
I got the application forms signed by a friend who knows me for more than 2 years and is a solicitor and a British national and he also knew my children. (It can be any professional who knows the parent for 2 years and more and can sign the photograph of the child and confirm that it is the same child and also be in possession of a British passport)
I only submitted the previous Pakistani passports of my 2 daughters, and their original birth certificates and British Citizenship registration certificates and nothing else. You not need to send parent's marriage certificates or their passports. You do not need to mention the names of the grand-parents or their marriage details either. Those are only required for children born to British citizens and who have not obtained citizenship by registration but automatically.
Hope this clears any doubts.
Fazal

sameera82
Newly Registered

Post by sameera82 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:32 pm

Thanx a lot Fazal
It clears up a lot of things. You just saved me quite a bit of hassle.

Thanks again
cheers

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:05 am

John wrote:Yes, but maybe an unnecessary expense.

The Passport Agency is not the arbiter of who is and is not a British citizen.

People who are British citizens have been mistakenly refused British passports from time to time. The reverse is also true.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:27 am

JAJ wrote:
John wrote:You are no doubt including your spouse on the form SET(O), so any reason why you are not going to include your newly-born child?

Actually another thought! As you are applying for ILR on the basis of HSMP JR2009, the date of issue of your ILR could well be back-dated, and possibly back-dated to a date before the birth of your child!

If such back-dating does happen, the conclusion is that (retrospectively) your child will have been British since the moment of birth. In which case, following the issue of such back-dated ILR, you would just apply for a British passport for your child ... no need to register using form MN1.

Actually, when did you come to the UK on HSMP? That is, when does your HSMP 4-year period start?

Other thoughts on this very welcome.
I don't think it can be certain that the courts would accept "backdated" ILR as sufficient to confer British nationality on a child ... registration under MN1 is a safer option.
If a Confirmation of British nationality status is issued, then is it an acceptable alternative to registration under MN1?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:55 am

JAJ, I obviously accept what you say, but find this totally unacceptable. If Parliament was sitting at the moment I would try to get an MP to ask a Written Question, but of course Parliament is not sitting at the moment.

Hopefully all this will get resolved in the near future.

Vinny, I like that idea! Applying for something you actually hope not to get!
John

mnaqvi
Newly Registered

Post by mnaqvi » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:54 pm

I applied through check and send service for my kids on 11th Aug and recieved passports back 24th Aug .

I have to first register one of my son who was born before we got ILR under HSMP JR. Documents sent for passport (Registration certificate , Birth certificate , 2 Photographs and HSMP JR Letter)

Other child born after we got ILR , so no need to register him. Documents sent (Marriage certificate , Mother passport ,2 photgraphs and child's birth certificate)

Regards,

khan102
Newly Registered

Hsmp Jr - Ilr Granted: Child Naturalization

Post by khan102 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:51 am

Dear all,

Me, my wife and child got ILR under HSMP JR 2009 in June. With that i got a letter which says that for mine naturalization, the one year time i should be counting from Oct 2008. My child was born in Dec 2008. I am going to apply for my naturalization in Oct 2009. But a bit confuse about my child, how should i apply for her citizenship? not sure if Application form MN1 is the right form for her? if it is then under what section of British nationality act 1981 should i be applying for my daughter? as i believe that if i was deemed to be granted ILR from Oct 2008 and my daughter was born in Dec 2008 then she has bron to a settled parent. this is what confusing me.

I will appreciate if someone could please clarify this?

thank you in advance.

vinny

Re: Hsmp Jr - Ilr Granted: Child Naturalization

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:22 am

khan102 wrote:Dear all,

Me, my wife and child got ILR under HSMP JR 2009 in June. With that i got a letter which says that for mine naturalization, the one year time i should be counting from Oct 2008. My child was born in Dec 2008. I am going to apply for my naturalization in Oct 2009. But a bit confuse about my child, how should i apply for her citizenship? not sure if Application form MN1 is the right form for her? if it is then under what section of British nationality act 1981 should i be applying for my daughter? as i believe that if i was deemed to be granted ILR from Oct 2008 and my daughter was born in Dec 2008 then she has bron to a settled parent. this is what confusing me.

I will appreciate if someone could please clarify this?

thank you in advance.
If child applies for Confirmation of British nationality status and gets it, then this should be clarification.

khan102
Newly Registered

Post by khan102 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:33 pm

Hi Vinny,

Is it not possible if i pick up passport application form from Post office, fill it and send it to the passport office along with HSMP- JR letter, copies of my ILR? will they not issue british passport to my daughter?

thanks

khan102
Newly Registered

Post by khan102 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:37 pm

mnaqvi wrote: Other child born after we got ILR , so no need to register him. Documents sent (Marriage certificate , Mother passport ,2 photgraphs and child's birth certificate)

Regards,
Hi mnaqvi, Please can you clarify, which application did you make for your child born after you got ILR. I have the same situation daughter bron after deemed ILR (HSMP - JR backdated letter). Please clarify how should i apply for my child passport? thanks

mnaqvi
Newly Registered

Post by mnaqvi » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:44 pm

khan102 wrote:
mnaqvi wrote: Other child born after we got ILR , so no need to register him. Documents sent (Marriage certificate , Mother passport ,2 photgraphs and child's birth certificate)

Regards,
Hi mnaqvi, Please can you clarify, which application did you make for your child born after you got ILR. I have the same situation daughter bron after deemed ILR (HSMP - JR backdated letter). Please clarify how should i apply for my child passport? thanks
My son was born after we got ILR , so basically our passport stamped in May 09 with ILR and he was born in June 09. so he was fine anyway without HSMP JR letter which deems us being holding ilr from June 08.

In my post i have mentioned which documents i sent via check and send service.

khan102
Newly Registered

Post by khan102 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:57 pm

hi mnaqvi,

Thanks for the reply, please can you clarify, how did you apply for your child? Did you apply for Confirmation of British nationality status first as mentioned by Vinny or, you straight away filled possport application form for your child and send it to passport office?

this clarification will be very helpful to me.

thanks

mnaqvi
Newly Registered

Post by mnaqvi » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:56 pm

khan102 wrote:hi mnaqvi,

Thanks for the reply, please can you clarify, how did you apply for your child? Did you apply for Confirmation of British nationality status first as mentioned by Vinny or, you straight away filled possport application form for your child and send it to passport office?

this clarification will be very helpful to me.

thanks
There was no need for any confirmation as our passports were showing dates and child was born after that date. It was simple case but in your case I understand why Vinny is suggesting confirmation But i believe is not required with HSMP JR letter.

Just go to post office with HSMP JR letter ,marriage certificate,birth certificate, mother/father passport and apply via check and send.

Good luck

Regards

khan102
Newly Registered

Post by khan102 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:11 pm

Cheers mnaqvi,

I will do this on Monday morning. thanks for your help.

Thanks

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:00 am

Hi,

I have applied for my son’s registration certificate (MN1) and hope to get it soon. I have received ILR recently on the basis of 10yrs residence.

My question is:

1. when I appy for my son’s passport, would I need to send anything else other than registration certificate, birth certificate and 2 photos?
2. Do I need to my son’s current and previous Indian passports?

Please advise.

old_hsmp
Newly Registered

Post by old_hsmp » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:16 am

RAJ2007 wrote:Hi,

I have applied for my son’s registration certificate (MN1) and hope to get it soon. I have received ILR recently on the basis of 10yrs residence.

My question is:

1. when I appy for my son’s passport, would I need to send anything else other than registration certificate, birth certificate and 2 photos?
2. Do I need to my son’s current and previous Indian passports?

Please advise.
you will need to submit current Indian passport. They don't need birth certificate.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:04 am

old-hsmp,

I have seen in the form (2nd page) that it ask 'how many passports you have got (including cancelled ones)'. Now, my son has two passport (old & new). If I mention two there, do I need to send both passports?

Also, do they send back those documents seperately(not with the new British passport?

Also, do I need to send my passport which has got ILR stamp on it?(since his passport has n't got ILR stamp on it)?