ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Cap

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manuelaux

Post by manuelaux » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:54 am

I don't know why the new government complicate so much with high skilled migrants.

I think to put cap on Tier1 is the easiest way to control immigration and to low down the number of immigrants.

But, I don't think that "degree immigrants" are the problem for the UK. I think that new government should do more effort to control illegal immigration and missuses of asylum and students visas.

Someone like me, who has diploma and experience, I don't think that we are "danger" for UK economy. As UK didn't paied me my education or my experience. If I come to UK it means that UK gets worker that UK didn't have to invest in. Some other county have.

So ... I'm now thinking why even go there. To work with no health insurance??

I think no one should go there. UK has to be left with illegal immigrants and asylum seekers and take care of them.

Many people come to UK with no education, never learn English and in many cases do criminal thing. But UK government isn't any different than any other government in the world. They don't want to take care of the real problem they just take the easiest way and present to the people.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:55 am

Tina315 wrote:
adityak77 wrote:
Tina315 wrote:Hello

this is my first time posting. i just came across this board after google search. I am thisclose to panicking because i will get my three months maintenance of funds on the 20th of July and i was going to submit my application the exact same day. this is because i had to restart counting my 3 months for maintenance funds after i went below the 2800 by 300 pounds one day April 19th so i had to start counting again on April 20 when i got paid and went back up. (actually my account had more than 4000 pounds for over a year expect for the one day i had to pay for something that sent me under the total). My age, earnings and experience (i have a PhD) give me 75 points (and my salary using today`s rate is just 30 pounds difference to send me into 25 points so i end up with 20 points) then i have the 20 points for maintenance and language. SHOULD I GIVE UP??
Do you have any other bank account with some funds. If yes, add it up with the one you mentioned below and apply before 19th to get you that extra 5 points.

Remember that the exchange rate to be considered is on the last day of the earnings period.
thank you so much. i have another question on calculating earnings. is it total earnings for the 12 months covered or for 15 months including the 12 months you will claim for???
yes the 12 months earnings should be within the 15 months and not more.
HTH

user12345
Newly Registered

Statement of changes for interim cap

Post by user12345 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:45 am

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Laid before Parliament on 28 June 2010

kps2007
BANNED

teir 1

Post by kps2007 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:54 am

Totally, this govt or that govt. All I am worried is what the ILR rule going to be post 2011. This is crazy for the Govt to impose more rules on NON-EU people where half of the world talent lies. How can UK isolate itself from Giant countries who do not fall under the EU zone, countries such as US, CANADA, JAPAN, CHINA, INDIA, AUSTRALIA, SOUTH AFRICA.

what nonsense is this govt talking about. I know people who come here from EU and still claim benefits and send money back to the thier families in thier EU countries. Why doesnt this GOVT target those people. Why target the non-EU who pay taxes all the time and cannot and will not claim a single penny of the benefits and behave all the time. What about those EU and UK citizens who do not use dustbins, spit on the roads, make the country and towns filthy. Why are they allowed to this.

Why does the govt talk about UK citizenship is a privelage to get. What privelge, Its become a mere headache. All this GOVT is trying to do make us scare and want us to walk on the streets with our hearts in the mouth all the time. This is not how you progress in a country. Every 1-2 months there is a new update in the immigration system. Sometime i wonder if they are even qualified to do this job and should i let these rich class of non immigrant politicians to control my thinking and actions and rule me in a very silent way.

I am in immigrant and i am proud of it but i wish i was living in a country where immigration was seen as a benefit and not as a curse.

In short we as an immigrant bring value to the country but at the end of the day we are the one who are left with all the burns and wounds and the govt comes out with new plans to put more salt on our bleeding wounds. I hate the whole UK immigration.

I would request all the new people who are trying to gain access to UK to please do not come and do not get wasted in this country, you have more talent and you deserve a country that respects you, countries such as US, Canada where more than half of the countries population is immigrant but are proud be part of the system not like here where half of the people do not like the system and liked by the system.

Gosh wish i had made a decision of respecting my mother country which bread me and taught me how to be a better man and what i am doing here is unjust to my motherland which is much better and far more diversed than UK and i am PRIVILEGED TO BE PART OF MY MOTHERLAND..

ArgieBee
Ireland

only out of country tier 1 general capped?

Post by ArgieBee » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:43 pm

As far as I can tell the cap does not include those switching from tier 2 general to tier 1 general so maybe it won't affect as many people?
It might even mean that the cap is an increase in 2010 over 2009.
The extra 5 points seems a bigger problem. The UKBA impact analysis based on 2009 applications estimates that 5000 less tier 1 would have been approved.

antouk

17883 approved

Post by antouk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:27 pm

according to MAC report released in dec 2009, there has been 17,883 T1(G) applications approved and thats only out of the country applns. and the stat is showing numbers from sep 2008 till aug 2009.

But claims from the govt is considerably low, can anayone explain?
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

renzokuken

Re: 17883 approved

Post by renzokuken » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:52 pm

antouk wrote:according to MAC report released in dec 2009, there has been 17,883 T1(G) applications approved and thats only out of the country applns. and the stat is showing numbers from sep 2008 till aug 2009.

Probably it came from the number of Tier-1 visa holders who actually entered the UK.

danielvmn
Newly Registered

Post by danielvmn » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:52 pm

I've just got my EC here in Brazil, it's valid from 31-Aug-2010, since it's not really a Visa, will I have any problems when trying to enter UK? Does this affect EC holders who are still out of UK?

Thanks

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:52 pm

danielvmn wrote:I've just got my EC here in Brazil, it's valid from 31-Aug-2010, since it's not really a Visa, will I have any problems when trying to enter UK? Does this affect EC holders who are still out of UK?

Thanks
No, you won't have any problem

antouk

Re: 17883 approved

Post by antouk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:57 pm

renzokuken wrote:
antouk wrote:according to MAC report released in dec 2009, there has been 17,883 T1(G) applications approved and thats only out of the country applns. and the stat is showing numbers from sep 2008 till aug 2009.

Probably it came from the number of Tier-1 visa holders who actually entered the UK.
nope, its the actual number of out-of-country applications approved.
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

Post by bagula_bhagat » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:47 pm

Hi,

As per new announcement. Can you please respond to my following queries? (I am planning to apply for Tier-1 in country around 20th August 2010)

1. In Country application - As per 20th August, I shall be scoring exact 75 points required. Will I have to score 5 extra points?

2. How many Tier-1 (G) visas would be allowed before Apr-2011 (when new rules and cap is supposed to be effective from)

3. Does the interim measures apply on in country application too?

Thanks

mskhan

Post by mskhan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:13 pm

1. In Country application - As per 20th August, I shall be scoring exact 75 points required. Will I have to score 5 extra points?

Yes you will need 80 points.

No only on EC applications

Cheers

mnrao
Newly Registered

Post by mnrao » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:18 pm

bagula_bhagat wrote:Hi,

As per new announcement. Can you please respond to my following queries? (I am planning to apply for Tier-1 in country around 20th August 2010)

2. How many Tier-1 (G) visas would be allowed before Apr-2011 (when new rules and cap is supposed to be effective from)

Thanks
Hi,

Here is the doc which clears all of ur doubts.

Regards,
Narayana.

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:38 pm

My question is this-- how is all these going to affect Tier1 general extention. The only thing I have picked up so far is the fact that Tiet extension still remains 75 points, but will they increase the previous income threshold?

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:48 pm

Found this on page 9 of the document mnrao sent...
The increased points requirement will apply to new Tier 1 (General) applications, both in country and out of country. Entrepreneurs, investors and post-study applicants will not be affected by the increased points threshold. In addition, those who extend a Tier 1 visa in-country will face the same test as they faced for their initial application, so the new points threshold will not apply to them.

hope this brings a smile on everyone's face!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:50 pm

After going through a few documents regarding the interim measures, I think below are the key points.

Interim Limit on number of Visas

1. Would not include PSW, Entrepreneur, Investor categories, nor do they apply to dependants.
2. would not include who switch into Tier 1 from another Tier.
3. would not include those who extend a Tier 1 (or equivalent) visa in-country
4. Applications will be dealt with on a first-come, first-served basis. If you apply after the limit for one month has been reached, your application will be held and considered under the limit for the following month.
5. We will continue to accept applications during the interim limit period, although we will not process applications once the monthly limit has been reached. Applications will be held in a queue, in strict order of their date of application. Applications in the queue will be processed when the following month's limit is opened.
6. If application numbers look likely to exceed the total limit for the whole of the interim period, we will alert you at the point of application that your application may not be considered under the interim limit rules.
7. So, after reading the above points I get a feeling that everyone will pay the fee regardless whether the application will be considered or not. (as they are already alerting you at the time of application, I might be wrong)

Interim raise of the points threshold

1. Will not apply to those who are already on Tier 1 (G), HSMP, Writer, composer or artist, or Self-employed lawyer.
2. Any other immigration category like PSW, Tier 2 etc will need to meet the new threshold.
3. All the applicants from outside UK will have to meet the new threshold.

Any errors pls let me know.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... test+news)

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:55 pm

Wondering how they are going to deal with successes through appeals.
If out of 100, 5 are rejected will they be counted towards the total limit? Or is it that they will consider on these 5000 odd applications in a year.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:58 pm

MJNair wrote:Wondering how they are going to deal with successes through appeals.
If out of 100, 5 are rejected will they be counted towards the total limit? Or is it that they will consider on these 5000 odd applications in a year.
'From 19 July 2010, we will introduce a limit on the number of applications to Tier 1 (General) that we will consider in any one month.'

I think it is a limit on the number of applications not successful applications. I might be wrong.

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:10 pm

So in effect it is going to be less than 5100 new T1 EC visas a year!

Someone who inflates his earnings and thus gets rejected is ruining the chance of someone with genuine earnings who just missed the 5100 mark by 1.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:13 pm

MJNair wrote:So in effect it is going to be less than 5100 new T1 EC visas a year!

Someone who inflates his earnings and thus gets rejected is ruining the chance of someone with genuine earnings who just missed the 5100 mark by 1.
Looks that way...

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:23 pm

MJNair wrote:Found this on page 9 of the document mnrao sent...
The increased points requirement will apply to new Tier 1 (General) applications, both in country and out of country. Entrepreneurs, investors and post-study applicants will not be affected by the increased points threshold. In addition, those who extend a Tier 1 visa in-country will face the same test as they faced for their initial application, so the new points threshold will not apply to them.

hope this brings a smile on everyone's face!

This sure brings a smile to my face because they have always made provision for those people that got visa before new rules came in. I cannot see how they will suddenly change the rule and expect you to meet them. Thanks

GSOtodd

Post by GSOtodd » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:23 pm

So, will Tier 2 renewals be subjected to the interim cap? What about if the renwal takes place after April 2011 (which is my case)?
Andy

tsadeel79

Clear picture of CAP

Post by tsadeel79 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:00 pm

Hi Guys,
Lot of people seem confused and scared from the new rules implemented on Tier 1 General. Below link provide you clear picture about new rule. It is very simple to understand and quite concise

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... for-t1-pbs

Hope this will help

Thankx,
Adi

GSOtodd

Post by GSOtodd » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:07 pm

anyone have any information on Tier 2? What about extending their visa under Tier 2 or changing jobs?
Andy

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:19 pm

GSOtodd wrote:anyone have any information on Tier 2? What about extending their visa under Tier 2 or changing jobs?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... for-t2-pbs