ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Medical Council (GMC) registration under EC rights

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

annagho
Newly Registered

Post by annagho » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:42 pm

thanks for your responses.

RE education: since my wife is non-EEA national, she will have to apply to GMC as "exempt person", eventhough she studied in European medical school. For her to be clasified as "exempt person", I will have to exercise my rights. I am planning to exercise my european rights as Self-sufficient person.

Ones I exercsied my rights (after 3 months), what is the difference for my wife between applying for Spouse visa and familly permit? What are the drawbacks of spouse visa apart from cost and longer waiting times?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:54 pm

annagho wrote:thanks for your responses.

RE education: since my wife is non-EEA national, she will have to apply to GMC as "exempt person", eventhough she studied in European medical school. For her to be clasified as "exempt person", I will have to exercise my rights. I am planning to exercise my european rights as Self-sufficient person.
If you exercise your treaty rights as self sufficient, your wife can not use the EEA route and the costly spouse visa is the only option (including no exemption).
Ones I exercsied my rights (after 3 months), what is the difference for my wife between applying for Spouse visa and familly permit? What are the drawbacks of spouse visa apart from cost and longer waiting times?
spouse visa also requires you to meet financial threshold and for your wife to meet a certain level of English. There is no advantage in using the spouse visa but you need to be working for several months in Austria for her to use the EEA route.

casper_aks
Newly Registered

Post by casper_aks » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:36 pm

is there any update chursy??

everybody, did anybody finally get it? I mean full GMC registration under EC rights?

I have a similar situation like you, I already applied and my application was sent to the Assistant Registrar (have no idea what is his job) for final decision. But after reading all your posts, I know i will not get it because my wife (who is a dutch national) didn't start working in the UK yet although she accepted a job offer. But the job will start on next August. Don't you agree?

Chuk
Newly Registered

Re: General Medical Council (GMC) registration under EC righ

Post by Chuk » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:22 pm

hi folks,

please i need your help guys.
I am a doctor who graduated from a non EU country but married to a French citizen exercise her treaty rights. how can i go about about the plab exemption. has anyone done this successfully?
please help.

chuk.

Marat2014
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by Marat2014 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:20 pm

chursy wrote:thanks for asking.

GMC have now been supplied the registration and good standing certificate documents they were looking for. My case has been referred to a complex case team in GMC as there has been a GAP from the time i graduated to date, this has mainly been due to the fact that i was on maternity leave and got married etc.But the reality is unless i am registered with a council my options are limited in any case!

Still in process , hoping to hear from them this week.

Wish me luck!
Hi Chursy,

Could you please tell everyone did you finally get the GMC registration? The story is without Happy end and we all are waiting for it)))
Thanks in advance.

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:42 pm

Yes I was successful. many thanks

Marat2014
Newly Registered

Post by Marat2014 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:20 pm

dradilmahmood wrote:Yes I was successful. many thanks
Can I ask you for an advice? I have similar situation, my wife if from EU, I am not and my medical education is out of EU or GB. In the application form they ask "Please explain why you have an EC right." Will it be enough to write that my wife is from EU living in UK and I have got a family permit?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Assingh55555
Newly Registered

Post by Assingh55555 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:08 am

Hi can someone please share names of solicitor employed by them for EU rights based GMC registration ?

Assingh55555
Newly Registered

Post by Assingh55555 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:09 am

Marat2014 wrote:
dradilmahmood wrote:Yes I was successful. many thanks
Can I ask you for an advice? I have similar situation, my wife if from EU, I am not and my medical education is out of EU or GB. In the application form they ask "Please explain why you have an EC right." Will it be enough to write that my wife is from EU living in UK and I have got a family permit?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Marat 2014
Did you get GMC registration ??
I need your help

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:13 am

Assingh55555 wrote:Hi Marat 2014
Did you get GMC registration ??
I need your help
Member in question only ever posted twice and has not been back for almost 2 years.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.