ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transitional arrangements for existing Tier 1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:14 pm

If an applicant required 80 (attributes) + 10 (maintenance funds) + 10 (English language) = 100 points then the same applicant will now require to score 100 (attributes) points to qualify for extension.

If an applicant required 75 (attributes) + 10 (maintenance funds) + 10 (English language) = 95 points then the same applicant will now require to score 95 (attributes) points to qualify for extension.

(Attributes = Age + Qualifications + Previous earnings + UK Experience + qualifying MBA under transitional arrangements).

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Thank you Viki83. It was helpful.

viki83

Post by viki83 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:17 pm

salina02 wrote:If an applicant required 80 (attributes) + 10 (maintenance funds) + 10 (English language) = 100 points then the same applicant will now require to score 100 (attributes) points to qualify for extension.

If an applicant required 75 (attributes) + 10 (maintenance funds) + 10 (English language) = 95 points then the same applicant will now require to score 95 (attributes) points to qualify for extension.

(Attributes = Age + Qualifications + Previous earnings + UK Experience + qualifying MBA under transitional arrangements).
Very helpful. I think that explains it best. No more confusion.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:21 pm

salina02 wrote:If an applicant required 80 (attributes) + 10 (maintenance funds) + 10 (English language) = 100 points then the same applicant will now require to score 100 (attributes) points to qualify for extension.

this is clearly wrong, as what you are saying is that all applicants will need to score 20 more points for extension.

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:23 pm

CoolestGuyC wrote:

this is clearly wrong, as what you are saying is that all applicants will need to score 20 more points for extension.
You defo ain't cool. What are you on about?

Don't see where he stated that applicants need 20 extra points.
Last edited by beecharmer1800bc on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

viki83

Post by viki83 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Telegraph already started lobbying against transitional arrangements for extensions....I wonder if these pressure tactics might force UKBA to change its policy again. I never expected these newspapers to go against extensions so loudly:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... l-cap.html

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:34 pm

beecharmer1800bc wrote:
CoolestGuyC wrote:

Don't see why he stated that applicants need 20 extra points.
When I said wrong, I meant the following part:
80 (attributes) => 100 (attributes) (increase of 20 points) (which is highly unlikely)
75 (attributes) => 95 (attributes) (increase of 20 points)(which is highly unlikely)

IMHO.. the summary of extension changes is following:
1. If a person needed 100 (total) points for their first T1 application, they will need 100 (total) points for extensions as well.
2. If a person needed 95 (total) points for their first T1 application, they will need 95 (total) points for extensions as well.

For more background why UKBA needed to mention this, see this post
Last edited by CoolestGuyC on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Thanks Vicky for posting Richard's email again and clearing the confusion.....

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Thank goodness I only picked up this thread now so I could miss all the babbling.

Can't understand how people can't understand simple english, think UKBA need to raise the requirements for english language criteria.

Simple test pass or fail. If you understand the statement of intent you PASS if you don't then you automatically FAIL. No refund!!

orphean
Newly Registered

arrggh....

Post by orphean » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:46 pm

CoolestGuyC wrote:
beecharmer1800bc wrote:
CoolestGuyC wrote:

Don't see why he stated that applicants need 20 extra points.
When I said wrong, I meant the following part:
80 (attributes) => 100 (attributes) (increase of 20 points)
75 (attributes) => 95 (attributes) (increase of 20 points)

IMHO.. the summary of extension changes is following:
1. If a person needed 100 (total) points for their first T1 application, they will need 100 points for extensions as well.
2. If a person needed 95 (total) points for their first T1 application, they will need 95 points for extensions as well.

For more background why UKBA needed to mention this, see this post
This is crazy. I wish folks would either parse English correctly, or do the math.

if your statement is correct, to get to a 100 purely on attributes, one needs to be 32 or less, with at least a masters and 74-149k in salary (to make a 100 or more, assuming uk experience gets you 10 more points).

that dosen't sound feasible right?

In short, if you initally started with 100, you need 100.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Re: arrggh....

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:49 pm

In short, if you initally started with 100, you need 100. If you initally started with 95, you need 95.
That is precisely what I meant.

Waq
Newly Registered

Post by Waq » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:51 pm

below is a quote from this new announcement

"We will not apply the new requirements described above to migrants already in the UK with leave granted under Tier 1 or Tier 2 before 6 April 2011"

so what about those who apply before 6 April but get tier 1 visa after 6 april????

I know its a silly question but its confusing me... someone clarify please.

regards

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:54 pm

mtuckersa wrote:Thank goodness I only picked up this thread now so I could miss all the babbling.

Can't understand how people can't understand simple english, think UKBA need to raise the requirements for english language criteria.

Simple test pass or fail. If you understand the statement of intent you PASS if you don't then you automatically FAIL. No refund!!
It is not the failure to understand the statement of intent, but the missing information that is causing the confusion.

That a person fills in the holes of information, does not imply he is correct nor that his linguistic skills are exemplary. Until we see clear information from UKBA , their ambiguous statement will remain open to misinterpretation.

However in my personal opinion, there are NO effective and material changes for any extension applicants.
Last edited by CoolestGuyC on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cgohil

Post by cgohil » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:55 pm

are there any changes going to happen in earning points table.....or it will going to be same which is mentioned on the website now.

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:22 pm

cgohil wrote:are there any changes going to happen in earning points table.....or it will going to be same which is mentioned on the website now.
No.

cgohil

Post by cgohil » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:24 pm

wf wrote:
cgohil wrote:are there any changes going to happen in earning points table.....or it will going to be same which is mentioned on the website now.
No.
Thnx

Will try to post my other queries on different thread...

i m relaxed now......

Dreemweaver

Post by Dreemweaver » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:29 pm

CoolestGuyC wrote: However in my personal opinion, there are NO effective and material changes for any extension applicants.
There is a change.

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Dreemweaver wrote:
CoolestGuyC wrote: However in my personal opinion, there are NO effective and material changes for any extension applicants.
There is a change.
Then elaborate on it.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

Dreemweaver

Post by Dreemweaver » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:13 pm

beecharmer1800bc wrote:
Dreemweaver wrote:
There is a change.
Then elaborate on it.
Ok, I will try.

The minimum required points for attribute was 80 ( total 100) when I applied for Tier 1.

As of now I need 75 points for attribute (95 total) to get extension. Thats 5 points less (As per pbs guidance and points calculator).

With the new rule I will need 80 points for attribute (total 100) to get extension.

For me a 50k job would have been enough to get extension. But now it should be 55k.

Isn't that a change?

pullikanti

Re: Clarification from Richard Jackson

Post by pullikanti » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:18 pm

viki83 wrote:Dear Waqar,

You will need 95 points. 100 points only applies to those who needed 100
points in their initial application.

Regards,
Richard

Richard Jackson
Immigration Policy
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468, Sheffield, S3 8WA

Dear Richard,

I hope you're fine. Finally I am glad details of transitional arrangements are out today. Just one confusion from document page 10:

"The Tier 1 (General) route will remain open in order to enable those with existing leave to enter or remain under Tier 1 (General), or its pre-PBS predecessor categories to extend their leave. The points threshold for extensions will, however, be raised to 100 for those who were required to score 100 points when they were originally granted Tier 1 (General) leave. The points requirements will otherwise be unchanged."

When I originally applied, I had to score 95 points, so do I need 95 points for extension or 100 points based on the above paragraph?

Regards,
Waqar Zafar
Hi,
Can anyone give me email address of Richard. I wanted to write few questions regarding my visa extension and ILR.

Thank you.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:23 pm

beecharmer1800bc wrote:
faru22 wrote:yaar u guys are simply creating confusion.
stop panic mails plzzz.
Then explain the 'will be raised'.
will be raised for the people who had to score 100(80 - att) because they need to score 95(75-att) as per now (have a look at the points calc) for their extension. Thats what they mean by will be raised for people who needed to score 100 for their initial application. I guess this makes sense to you all.

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:29 pm

pullikanti wrote: Hi,
Can anyone give me email address of Richard. I wanted to write few questions regarding my visa extension and ILR.

Thank you.
This guy must really be regretting the inclusion of his email on that press release, and the resulting deluge of emails.

He is obviously quite high up at a level not usually contactable by the public, but at this rate it can't be long before he ceases to respond to these emails.

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:42 pm

wf wrote:
pullikanti wrote: Hi,

Thank you.
This guy must really be regretting the inclusion of his email on that press release, and the resulting deluge of emails.

He is obviously quite high up at a level not usually contactable by the public, but at this rate it can't be long before he ceases to respond to these emails.
Yes especially if so called few highly skilled person start asking obvious questions for which answers are very clear cut and available on UKBA website. After seeing type of questions few people ask here, no wonder he will suggest to put additional checks on Tier 1(G) extensions for those. He should start this by collecting data from those people and invite them for further interview at the time of extension.

Few of responses and interpretations are amazing and I started scratching my head in disbelief.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:51 pm

The value of Tier 1 has suddenly skyrocketed. I wonder if this will be translated into a last-ditch attempt by many to switch into this category before April.

PS I am really glad I did not waste my money applying ahead of time.

PPS A lot of current Tier1 holders lobbied for these arrangements, for example by writing letters to MPs, or providing input into consultations. We may never know what the true impact of these efforts has been. But my guess is that if we had just sat and waited, the outcome would have been far worse.

faisalliaqat
Newly Registered

Post by faisalliaqat » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:58 pm

They have not said it clearly that the salary criteria for extensions will be the same, have they? Need to score 95 points but with existing salary criteria is not the same as having same rules as initial applications.