ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Your visa application @ Abu Dhabi (Ref:1234567)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

muhammad82
Newly Registered

Re: Your visa application @ Abu Dhabi (Ref:1234567)

Post by muhammad82 » Fri May 29, 2015 6:55 pm

Hopefully they ring you this week. . I received phone call on 21 may after 2 days application received to Abu Dhabi .
Don' t worry if they not ring you .Because Home Office did not rang or email me last year for sponsor verification but visa was issued .
Kind Regards

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Fri May 29, 2015 7:55 pm

muhammad82 wrote:Hopefully they ring you this week. . I received phone call on 21 may after 2 days application received to Abu Dhabi .
Don' t worry if they not ring you .Because Home Office did not rang or email me last year for sponsor verification but visa was issued .
Kind Regards
This week is already over..do u think they will ring me next week. I don't know since when they have started to ring sponsors because last time I sponsored someone was in 2011 that point they did not ring.

Thats good after 2days received at Abu Dhabi..this week was quite stressful I've been waiting all week for their call but no avail, I even emailed UKVI today that I'm not receiving any call and first rejection was due to this and I'm waiting to confirm the sponsorship

muhammad82
Newly Registered

Post by muhammad82 » Fri May 29, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi

Yes hopefully they ring you next week .Please note Home Office ring you to blocked number .
Kind Regards

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Fri May 29, 2015 8:59 pm

muhammad82 wrote:Hi

Yes hopefully they ring you next week .Please note Home Office ring you to blocked number .
Kind Regards
I hope, I'm waiting yes I know no problem I don't block any calls.

aaheisenberg
Newly Registered

Post by aaheisenberg » Sat May 30, 2015 10:48 am

Hi guys,

Please please please do not panic, the subject of the email has no significance. We applied through Abu Dhabi and we got the visa. We received the concluded email with the subject being ‘’ UK visa application – GWF123456789’’ notice no ref number or VAF number or any kind, just your visa application number and the main email ‘’ Dear Customer,
Your UK visa application has been concluded.
You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your passport and documents are ready for collection, or have been dispatched via courier (if you selected this optional service).
PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE VISA APPLICATION CENTRE BEFORE THEY CONTACT YOU.
You are reminded that you should avoid making travel plans until you have collected your passport.
If you need to contact us you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
Kind regards,
UK Visas and Immigration
British Embassy Abu Dhabi
www.gov.uk/ukvi’’
The only way to find out is to open the passport. I wish all of you who applied the best of luck and the best of news.

pk2uk
Newly Registered

Post by pk2uk » Sun May 31, 2015 7:08 pm

Hi

congratulations for your visa .Please advise which type of visa was applied and how long its take to process the application .

Please Reply .

Thanks

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sun May 31, 2015 8:09 pm

Kind Regards
They did not ring me this time too, we received the concluded email today. Let's see if we got the visa or not, I think the ECO didn't like my comment that no call was made last time and rejection said "could not contact sponsor" + another reason

muhammad82
Newly Registered

Post by muhammad82 » Sun May 31, 2015 8:49 pm

Hi

I hope and pray that your mother in law got the visa this time and all genuine family visitor who are waiting for their visa .

Could you please advise which date document was submitted and which date documents received to Abu Dhabi .

Thanks

shazia786

Post by shazia786 » Sun May 31, 2015 9:00 pm

terriblescream wrote:

Kind Regards
They did not ring me this time too, we received the concluded email today. Let's see if we got the visa or not, I think the ECO didn't like my comment that no call was made last time and rejection said "could not contact sponsor" + another reason
Pray you get your visa.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sun May 31, 2015 9:47 pm

shazia786 wrote:
terriblescream wrote:

Kind Regards
Pray you get your visa.
Thanks Shazia

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sun May 31, 2015 9:49 pm

I hope and pray that your mother in law got the visa this time and all genuine family visitor who are waiting for their visa .

Could you please advise which date document was submitted and which date documents received to Abu Dhabi .

Thanks
Application Submitted Online: 6th May 2015
Documents Submitted at Gerrys Lahore: 15th May 2015
Email received documents at Abu Dhabi: 22nd May 2015
Sponsor Confirm Call: NA
Concluded Email: 31st May 2015
Email from VAC: Waiting

pk2uk
Newly Registered

Post by pk2uk » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:24 pm

I hope you get your visa .Please advise outcome .Thanks

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:29 pm

pk2uk wrote:I hope you get your visa .Please advise outcome .Thanks
still waiting for VAC to call/send sms/email

niazacca
Newly Registered

Post by niazacca » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:31 am

My family in law time line

Appointments at Gerry LHR:- 14/05/15

Email received that they got the applications :- 21/05/15

Application conculded email reveived :- 01/06/15

VAC call :- Still waiting for a call to collect the docs.

Suspected Call from British High Commision:- ( I had a call @ 14.30GMT from unknown number no vociemail left, on Friday 29th May which I missed but I am not sure if it was them lot or someone else, but I checked and British High Commission Abu Dhabi is closed on Friday & Saturday and even when they are open its between 4.30am to 11.30 GMT, so I am certain it could not be high commision.

Can anyone pls confirm if they work over their weekend (like Sheffield and Croydon) or if they missed the call and still got the visa?

Thanks

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:58 pm

niazacca wrote:My family in law time line

Suspected Call from British High Commision:- ( I had a call @ 14.30GMT from unknown number no vociemail left, on Friday 29th May which I missed but I am not sure if it was them lot or someone else, but I checked and British High Commission Abu Dhabi is closed on Friday & Saturday and even when they are open its between 4.30am to 11.30 GMT, so I am certain it could not be high commision.

Can anyone pls confirm if they work over their weekend (like Sheffield and Croydon) or if they missed the call and still got the visa?

Thanks
The call is not from Abu Dhabi but from UK Sheffield or can be third party authroized on behalf of UKVI. All PEO's are certainly open on Saturday but I dont know if they call sponsors on Saturdays. Abu Dhabi is closed on Friday and Saturday - they do not work on weekends

I was refused visa with failure to contact sponsor but some have got their visa even after missing the call.
Last edited by terriblescream on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:02 pm

Refused

1st refusal ECO not satisfied that sponsorship is actually available because he could not contact me but I did not receive any missed call or voice mail or evidence of a call + lack of personal financial document.

2nd refusal ECO without even calling me now says he is satisfied that I may be able to support; how bizarre!

ECO did not carefully look at the documents and reasons such as origin of funds not explained when clearly we mentioned in the cover letter that they are from a Fixed Deposit which was liquidated. We also provided the certificate of FD and yet ECO completely ignored this.

More over the statement was in the name of my SIL and ECO for some wierd reason has assumed that this statement is that of her father and her father income does not match with the funds.

This shows they clearly have just intentions of refusal, this does not look like genuine mistake and are demanding more paperwork from applicants in Pakistan without adequately giving this information to the applicants.

shazia786

Post by shazia786 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:25 pm

terriblescream wrote:
Refused

1st refusal ECO not satisfied that sponsorship is actually available because he could not contact me but I did not receive any missed call or voice mail or evidence of a call + lack of personal financial document.

2nd refusal ECO without even calling me now says he is satisfied that I may be able to support; how bizarre!

ECO did not carefully look at the documents and reasons such as origin of funds not explained when clearly we mentioned in the cover letter that they are from a Fixed Deposit which was liquidated. We also provided the certificate of FD and yet ECO completely ignored this.

More over the statement was in the name of my SIL and ECO for some wierd reason has assumed that this statement is that of her father and her father income does not match with the funds.

This shows they clearly have just intentions of refusal, this does not look like genuine mistake and are demanding more paperwork from applicants in Pakistan without adequately giving this information to the applicants.
Thats such a shame to hear that refused for 2nd time. People invite/sponsor people for visits all the time and it seems so easy. Why its so difficult i do not know .
Insha'Allah next time

shazia786

Post by shazia786 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:28 pm

Do you think there is a limit of how many visas can be issued and if later in the month they get refused?
Also has anyone involved a solicitors help in a visa application process? If yes in what way?
Thanks in advance

shazia786

Post by shazia786 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:30 pm

niazacca wrote:My family in law time line

Thanks
Niaz - who have you applied for a visa for?

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:49 pm

shazia786 wrote:Do you think there is a limit of how many visas can be issued and if later in the month they get refused?
Also has anyone involved a solicitors help in a visa application process? If yes in what way?
Thanks in advance
In reality the decision is not in accordance with the Immigration Rules, earlier when they refused Visa for my wife and my mother/sister we had appeal option. The judge at the tribunal on all occasions ruled in our favour - HO was not present.

The immigration rules do not explicitly say that you have to show ties to your home country or personal circumstances or financial circumstances. They say intend to leave, intend can mean ticket, ties such as student, family to return, no ECO will write that you will do not care about your family so I'll disgard this as a tie to your home country, on such refusals they do not even write you have a family back home that will be there

Bamtexltd
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bamtexltd » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Hi all,
Can anyone help with this refusal please because this ECO upset me with this refusal.
I invite my daddy to visit me and my family in UK for 2 weeks. Below are the document I sent to him
1. Invitation letter & sponsorship letter
2. My partner passport, my daughter passport and my passport pages
3. My payslip & my partner payslip for 6month both almost £2200 per month
4. My house agreement & water bill
5. My bank account statement £2,800 & my credit card statement with limit of £3000
6. My employment letter and my partner employment letter

Father side
1. Employment letter
2. Annul leave letter
3. Bank account almost £331
4. House properties
5. Tax clearance

In my sponsorship letter I mention that I will pay for all the expenses include ticket
And the ECO rang me from Sheffield UK and interview me and he asked me who is going to pay for flight ticket and I confirm it that I will pay for the ticket. Which is satisfied with it according to him that day. But it surprise me when My daddy went to collect his document and it was refused.
Below is refusal letter
I have considered
1. your application and any additional relevant information you have provided with it
2. Your immigration history
3. An interview with your son (sponsor name)

The decision
You are seeking to enter the UK for 2 weeks to visit your son. You have stated that your son is providing accommodation for your visit and I am satisfied he is able to do son
You list the cost of this visit to you personally as £470. As evidence of available funds you have provided bank statement in your name with a balance £331. From the information on your application form and the documents you have submitted, you have not demonstrated that you have funds available for your proposed visit.

But in the form I mention it there that I will be paying for trip but On number 78. of the form which says "the cost of aeroplane" which I mention £470 for the cost of ticket.
Can anyone help me with this please. What can I do with it, I want to reapply and I need a cover letter to back it up. If anyone can help me with covering letter I will be very happy.

Daniellerichardson_3
Newly Registered

Post by Daniellerichardson_3 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:14 am

Can someone help on how long after HO have called does my husband get an answer.. (Family visit visa duration 6month)
Application submitted online 20May15

Appointment made for 27May2015

Priority visa paied

Email received 27May2015 your UK visa application has now been sent to UK Visas & Immigration for processing

Email recieved 31May2015 your visa application has been received at the British Embassy Abu Dhabi and will now be prepared for assessment by an Entry Clearance Office

Email recieve 1June2015 Your UK visa application has been concluded.

Telephone call recieve yesterday from HO 2June2015

musfah
Newly Registered

Post by musfah » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:01 pm

Bamtexltd wrote:Hi all,
Can anyone help with this refusal please because this ECO upset me with this refusal.
I invite my daddy to visit me and my family in UK for 2 weeks. Below are the document I sent to him
5. My bank account statement £2,800 & my credit card statement with limit of £3000

Father side
1. Employment letter
2. Annul leave letter
4. House properties
5. Tax clearance

In my sponsorship letter I mention that I will pay for all the expenses include ticket
And the ECO rang me from Sheffield UK and interview me and he asked me who is going to pay for flight ticket and I confirm it that I will pay for the ticket. Which is satisfied with it according to him that day. But it surprise me when My daddy went to collect his document and it was refused.
Below is refusal letter
I have considered
1. your application and any additional relevant information you have provided with it

The decision
You are seeking to enter the UK for 2 weeks to visit your son. You have stated that your son is providing accommodation for your visit and I am satisfied he is able to do son
You list the cost of this visit to you personally as £470. As evidence of available funds you have provided bank statement in your name with a balance £331. From the information on your application form and the documents you have submitted, you have not demonstrated that you have funds available for your proposed visit.

But in the form I mention it there that I will be paying for trip but On number 78. of the form which says "the cost of aeroplane" which I mention £470 for the cost of ticket.
Can anyone help me with this please. What can I do with it, I want to reapply and I need a cover letter to back it up. If anyone can help me with covering letter I will be very happy.
Just lodge a complaint to Home Office through letter and email, I have done the same as they refused Family visit visa for my parents. The reason given was complete bogus, either they are not competent enough or just trying to make money by refusing everyone's application.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:18 pm

musfah wrote:

Father side
1. Employment letter
2. Annul leave letter
4. House properties
5. Tax clearance

Below is refusal letter
I have considered

The decision

Just lodge a complaint to Home Office through letter and email, I have done the same as they refused Family visit visa for my parents. The reason given was complete bogus, either they are not competent enough or just trying to make money by refusing everyone's application.
I'm with you musfah - the reasons were very absurd for my SIL and MIL. It shows incompetency of the ECO, on one paragraph he says you are unemployed and same paragraph he says "your income" really are you SERIOUS!!!

The ECO could not even read the name on the statement. I have complained as well and will not give UP and I intended to start a page on social media if the issue is not resolved and proper logical reasons are provided. I've just wasted £336

If you ever intend to take an action i.e go to them, have more than 1 person join the complaint I'll be more than happy to join, please PM me.

musfah
Newly Registered

Post by musfah » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:59 pm

Father side
1. Employment letter
2. Annul leave letter
4. House properties
5. Tax clearance

Below is refusal letter
I have considered

The decision

When I looked at the refusal letter I started laughing once :)

"You have said that your friend in the United Kingdom will help you with this visit by paying for your maintenance and accommodation whilst you are in the United kingdom and I am satisfied that he is in a position to do so. But whilst I take that into account in assessing your proposed maintenance and accommodation in the United Kingdom that is only one aspect of the visitor rules and this sponsorship does not satisfy me of your own intention to leave the United Kingdom on completion of your visit"

FRIEND??? you kidding me?? I am son of my father not friend. Properties documents attached aren't ties to country?? fully incompetent.. and at point he mentioned your daughter live in United Kingdom.... What !!!!!! again joke??? I am SON not Daughter.