ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2010 - 11 UK Applicants Timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s_sahil
Newly Registered

Verifiction Process

Post by s_sahil » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:19 pm

Hello Friends,

I wanted to know about the verification process, which might delay my application approval.

I have submitted earnings from my contractual employers in my application.

I have all the supporting evidence from the employer and the bank statement. But there is a problem that eventhough the bank statements and employer record match perfectly, one of my employer had paid me a cheque from a personal account and not the company account.

Does the visa officer bother with this? My question is

1) do they bother to check with the bank, from where the cheque originated, even though i have submitted my original bank statement and original company service certificate? or a verification check with the company is enough?

2) and if they do som is it an issue for them if the cheque is not from a company account but from the personal account of the employer, as the contract was a small duration contract only for a startup firm.

Kindly help me, as i am unable to ascertain my points clearly due to this dillemma.

Regards,
Sahil

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Verifiction Process

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:38 pm

s_sahil wrote:Hello Friends,

I wanted to know about the verification process, which might delay my application approval.

I have submitted earnings from my contractual employers in my application.

I have all the supporting evidence from the employer and the bank statement. But there is a problem that eventhough the bank statements and employer record match perfectly, one of my employer had paid me a cheque from a personal account and not the company account.

Does the visa officer bother with this? My question is

1) do they bother to check with the bank, from where the cheque originated, even though i have submitted my original bank statement and original company service certificate? or a verification check with the company is enough?

2) and if they do som is it an issue for them if the cheque is not from a company account but from the personal account of the employer, as the contract was a small duration contract only for a startup firm.

Kindly help me, as i am unable to ascertain my points clearly due to this dillemma.

Regards,
Sahil
This thread is for timelines related queries pls....

Ok, did you already applied or going to apply?

HO will be bothered with everything that do not follow the guidelines..

more help can be provided based on more clear info.

s_sahil
Newly Registered

Post by s_sahil » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:56 pm

details are as such:

i worked as an instructor for coaching class in pune. i worked for 6 months and was paid in cheque by the owner every month.

so the salary credited is not from the account of the coaching class but from the owner's cheque book.

though i have the salary certificate from the coaching class corresponding to the salary, i am wary of it due to the discrepancy. can i claim points for this or not?

thanks for your help,
sahil

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:03 pm

s_sahil wrote:details are as such:

i worked as an instructor for coaching class in pune. i worked for 6 months and was paid in cheque by the owner every month.

so the salary credited is not from the account of the coaching class but from the owner's cheque book.

though i have the salary certificate from the coaching class corresponding to the salary, i am wary of it due to the discrepancy. can i claim points for this or not?

thanks for your help,
sahil
Details on documents presented to HO for points claimed have to match each other. Where there is discrepancy this may jeopardise the application.
Good things come to those who wait.................

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:07 pm

hoopsy wrote:

thanks for your help,
sahil
Details on documents presented to HO for points claimed have to match each other. Where there is discrepancy this may jeopardise the application.
What do the entries in you Bank statements say?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:07 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:Re: hoopsy
JacquiSmith_VeryNice
HO given me right number bcz I made note of tracking number when I enclosed prepaid return delivery pack.

Thx 4 information it may help me & some other members in future
Did RM give u tracking no for the special delivery number u enclosed? I was told that a tracking number can be given only when the package is enclosed...in this case, when HO has dispatched the package back to applicant?

Sent my application thru special delivery and enclosed a pre-paid special delivery envelope as well but was given tracking number for only the one i sent to HO. Was told once the return package is processed, then Ho will have tracking number?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:10 pm

hoopsy wrote:
kingfahad35 wrote:Re: hoopsy
JacquiSmith_VeryNice
HO given me right number bcz I made note of tracking number when I enclosed prepaid return delivery pack.

Thx 4 information it may help me & some other members in future
Did RM give u tracking no for the special delivery number u enclosed? I was told that a tracking number can be given only when the package is enclosed...in this case, when HO has dispatched the package back to applicant?

Sent my application thru special delivery and enclosed a pre-paid special delivery envelope as well but was given tracking number for only the one i sent to HO. Was told once the return package is processed, then Ho will have tracking number?
Its the number next to the Bar Code on the special delivery envelope (assuming you used a pre-paid, grey, waterproof envelope) and you can note it down before attaching it with the application.
regards,
push

s_sahil
Newly Registered

Post by s_sahil » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:16 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
hoopsy wrote:

thanks for your help,
sahil
What do the entries in you Bank statements say?

details show the date, amount of money deposited , the place of deposit of cheque (bank branch) and cheque number.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:46 pm

Do the entries provide any commentry i.e. paid by xxx/ transferred by Mr xxx?

If the entries do not seem to suggest that they have been paid from someone's personal account all you need to do is to get a letter from the employer (as per the specifications provided in the guidance notes) providing monthwise break-up of gross and net salaries + date and mode of payment. This letter + bank statements should do the trick. You will need a proper support from your employer during verification process too.
regards,
push

kzkalra
Newly Registered

Post by kzkalra » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:02 pm

my timelines are:
WP -> Tier1 (G) applied in UK
Application recd by HO on 27th Feb 09
Fee Debited 2 Mar 2009
Acknowledgement letter dated 3 Mar 09
I've got the visa today

Ramesh, thank you so much for guiding me all through the application process
Last edited by kzkalra on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:18 pm

I got my Visa stamped

Applied 25-02-2009
Visa Granted 6-04-2009
Doc Received 8-04-2009

Big Big Thanks to all of u SP: Raxs, f girl and hoospy etc
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:30 pm

kzkalra wrote:my timelines are:
WP -> Tier1 (G) applied in UK
Application recd by HO on 27th Feb 09
Fee Debited 2 Mar 2009
Acknowledgement letter dated 3 Mar 09
I've got the visa today

Ramesh, thank you so much for guiding me all through the application process
Hey Kapil: C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!

I am really Happy for you, wow! you received decision pretty quick.. good for you..

Congrats again Kapil.. keep in touch at yahoo..

I also wish rest of the guys to receive the +ve results quickly...

niteshj

Approved

Post by niteshj » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:16 pm

Happy to announce that I got my Tier 1 extension. Details are:

Initial HSMP Visa started on: 29/04/07
Initial HSMP Visa expiry date: 29/04/09 (entered uk on 6/6/07)
Tier 1 application date: 26/02/2009
Tier 1 confirmation date: 27/02/2009
Tier 1 payment acceptance date: no idea (paid by c/c)
Tier 1 approval date: 07/04/2009
Tier 1 start date: 7/4/2009
Tier 1 end date: 6/6/2012 (I had specifically requested an additional 2 month extension as I entered UK on 6/6/07 - this would make applying for the ILR at the end of five years)

Would like to thank everyone for the info they have provided.

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:22 pm

WP-> Tier 1(G) Applied in UK
Applied on 24 Feb 2009
Application received by HO on 25 Feb 2009
Fee debited on 25 Feb 2009
Acknowledgement received on 28 Feb 2009
I feel- Scared!

The lady on the phone said AFC means that "another case worker needs to pick up ur case. We do this in case specifics".

Keeping Fingers crossed!
:-)

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:17 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:I got my Visa stamped

Applied 25-02-2009
Visa Granted 6-04-2009
Doc Received 8-04-2009

Big Big Thanks to all of u SP: Raxs, f girl and hoospy etc
Hey...congrats!!!!

bennyhand
Newly Registered

Post by bennyhand » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:51 pm

Sorry if this is a repeated posting, but I'm keen to find out if anyone else knows of a similar story.

A friend of my submitted their Tier 1 on 27 March (just before the 31 Mar deadline for new eligability requirements). They just recieved a call from the Border Agency today (8 April) saying their application was approved !!! Which I think is short of a miracle - approved in 1.5 weeks!!!

I'm happy for them, but admit I'm a bit envious as I submitted mine the day before theirs (26 Mar) and have not recieved anything yet.

I posted my application via Special Delivery, but my friend had it couriered. Would this make a difference?

Does anyone else have indication of timeframes?
Last edited by bennyhand on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rajsingh216
Newly Registered

Post by rajsingh216 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:59 pm

This is just miracle. I have applied on 11 March. According to UKBA website waiting time my turn will come next week. But this is too good for your friend bennyhand. Congrats to him.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:03 pm

bennyhand wrote:Sorry if this is a repeated posting, but I'm keen to find out if anyone else knows of a similar story.

A friend of my submitted their Tier 1 on 27 March (just before the 31 Mar deadline for new eligability requirements). They just recieved a call from the Border Agency today (8 April) saying their application was approved !!! Which I think is short of a miracle - approved in 1.5 weeks!!!

I'm happy for them, but admit I'm a bit envious as I submitted mine the day before and have not recieved anything yet.

I posted my application via Special Delivery, but my friend had it couriered. Would this make a difference?

Does anyone else have indication of timeframes?
I am very happy for your friend that he got approved in less than 2weeks.. But only thing i am not able to digest is how come HO rang and informed your friend they approved.. did u apply in UK or abroad like US? where it is possible to get approval in 1week n they call u can inform.. But if all this is in UK.. then your friend is Damm lucky..

as for SD or Courier.. the decision will not be effected or made based on how we send our docs.. Its that his application got into good hands and he is also lucky...

Becos there are many applicants applied 1month earlier either waiting or receiving their results..

Anyway goodluck

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:11 pm

28/02/2009 Saturday : Application submitted

03/03/2009 Tuesday : Application reached HO

03/03/2009 Tuesday : Amount deducted from credit card

05/03/2009 Thursday : Acknowledgement received

06/04/2009 Monday : Visa stamped on passport

08/04/2009 Wednesday : Passport & docs received

08/04/2009 Wednesday : Also received credit card statement for £750. More than happy to pay :D

bennyhand
Newly Registered

Post by bennyhand » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi tvn_ramesh,
tvn_ramesh wrote: I am very happy for your friend that he got approved in less than 2weeks.. But only thing i am not able to digest is how come HO rang and informed your friend they approved.. did u apply in UK or abroad like US? where it is possible to get approval in 1week n they call u can inform.. But if all this is in UK.. then your friend is Damm lucky..

as for SD or Courier.. the decision will not be effected or made based on how we send our docs.. Its that his application got into good hands and he is also lucky...

Becos there are many applicants applied 1month earlier either waiting or receiving their results..

Anyway goodluck
My friend and I both applied in the UK. At first i thought they were joking and I wanted to see if anyone else out there had a similar story, as I'm finding it hard to believe.

Some additional details about their application:

1. They couriered their application on 27 March
2. Submited payment by cheque (which was cashed in)
3. They did NOT recieve a confirmation letter/reference from the home office - which I thought was very strange.
4. They recieved a phone call from the Border Agency today. Can someone tell me if this is normal practice for UKBA to ring and notfiy you of a successful application? I thought most applicants ended up ringing them instead?

So points 3 and 4 make it seem a bit suspicious. But they should be be getting their passport back in the next few days, so I'll confirm if something went wrong, or they're just really, really darn lucky.

However for my situation -
Applied (Special Delivery): 26 Mar 2009
Fee payment debited (Credit Card): 27 Mar 2009
Acknowledgement posted: 27 Mar 2009

kk1981ashok
Newly Registered

Post by kk1981ashok » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:42 pm

Hi Rajsingh,

I applied on 12th March. Pls keep me in loop if u hear something from them and I will also do the same.
rajsingh216 wrote:This is just miracle. I have applied on 11 March. According to UKBA website waiting time my turn will come next week. But this is too good for your friend bennyhand. Congrats to him.

rajsingh216
Newly Registered

Post by rajsingh216 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:54 pm

Will surely inform you kk1981ashok you also please do the same.

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:56 pm

bennyhand wrote:Hi tvn_ramesh,
tvn_ramesh wrote: I am very happy for your friend that he got approved in less than 2weeks.. But only thing i am not able to digest is how come HO rang and informed your friend they approved.. did u apply in UK or abroad like US? where it is possible to get approval in 1week n they call u can inform.. But if all this is in UK.. then your friend is Damm lucky..

Anyway goodluck
My friend and I both applied in the UK. At first i thought they were joking and I wanted to see if anyone else out there had a similar story, as I'm finding it hard to believe.

Some additional details about their application:

1. They couriered their application on 27 March
2. Submited payment by cheque (which was cashed in)
3. They did NOT recieve a confirmation letter/reference from the home office - which I thought was very strange.
4. They recieved a phone call from the Border Agency today. Can someone tell me if this is normal practice for UKBA to ring and notfiy you of a successful application? I thought most applicants ended up ringing them instead?

So points 3 and 4 make it seem a bit suspicious. But they should be be getting their passport back in the next few days, so I'll confirm if something went wrong, or they're just really, really darn lucky.

However for my situation -
Applied (Special Delivery): 26 Mar 2009
Fee payment debited (Credit Card): 27 Mar 2009
Acknowledgement posted: 27 Mar 2009
Strange things do happen with HO.......Who knows, maybe this applicant is just real lucky!

nnj10

Re: Approved

Post by nnj10 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:54 pm

niteshj wrote:Happy to announce that I got my Tier 1 extension. Details are:

Initial HSMP Visa started on: 29/04/07
Initial HSMP Visa expiry date: 29/04/09 (entered uk on 6/6/07)
Tier 1 application date: 26/02/2009
Tier 1 confirmation date: 27/02/2009
Tier 1 payment acceptance date: no idea (paid by c/c)
Tier 1 approval date: 07/04/2009
Tier 1 start date: 7/4/2009
Tier 1 end date: 6/6/2012 (I had specifically requested an additional 2 month extension as I entered UK on 6/6/07 - this would make applying for the ILR at the end of five years)

Would like to thank everyone for the info they have provided.
Do you mean, you asked for an extra period of grant (beyond a standard 3 year of leave), and you got it?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:17 pm

aspirant09 wrote:WP-> Tier 1(G) Applied in UK
Applied on 24 Feb 2009
Application received by HO on 25 Feb 2009
Fee debited on 25 Feb 2009
Acknowledgement received on 28 Feb 2009
I feel- Scared!

The lady on the phone said AFC means that "another case worker needs to pick up ur case. We do this in case specifics".

Keeping Fingers crossed!
The information given to you -
is a complete nonsese. I have not heard of anything like that. That simply means nothing to b honest to yourself. My status went up and down like following -
Monday - AWAITING CONSIDERATION
Tuesday (am)- UNDER CONSIDERATION
TUESDAY (pm) - AWAITING FURTHER CONSIDERATION
WEDNESDAY (pm) - AWAITING CONSIDERATION
THRSDAY(am) - PACKAGE GONE OUT FOR ME
you can possibly fig out, that thsoe phrases dont mean anything. Dont worry mate, it seems a lot of ppl hv started to get +v reply and I hope you will be in tht league shortly