ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:02 am

Application submitted through : POST
Date of submission or posting : 13 Mar 2007
Criteria : Indian, 4 years residence + ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 16 March
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 21 March
Date of receipt of approval : ---
Ceremony innvitation letter: ---

champion

Post by champion » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:13 am

virtual-writer wrote: Now how fair is that... :( He's got 2 years ILR, and my husband (it's his appl) has only got barely seven months (citing special circumstances)... Plus we don't know what effect current/previous nationalities might have on the applications. And the case workers look at each case separately and each situation can be so different in so many ways....
Agree it all depends on how busy our case worker is and on various circumstances.
All I could see that BIA don't care about ILR , All they want (and must have) tick on 1 year ILR box. Your case will be taken but as you said it might required some team leader's review which could delay things by few days.
Even in my case there are some points that might require some one to review application (for example my refree is not from Doctor / Solicitor / Teacher background)

I am sure all these will not be a problem however it might delay things by few days and these few days might add up and ended in months.

However if I want to set a bench mark your case is closer to my case and now it all depends on how effecient our case worker is. It could be possible that your case worker is speedy then mine or may be our case is handling by same case worker.

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:35 am

champion and SK1
Did you ever get an ack ?

I applied on march 13 and got an ack. I called them las week and they told me they are waiting for Police verification. don't know what that means.

Cheers

Maveli

champion

Post by champion » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:41 am

maveli62 wrote:champion and SK1

I applied on march 13 and got an ack. I called them las week and they told me they are waiting for Police verification. don't know what that means.

Cheers

Maveli
I think SK1 got 1 but me and Virtual writer are still waiting. They have not even deducted money from our account.
I think BIA has randomly selected me and virtual writer as 2 applicant to send naturalization in 1st month and acknowledgement in second month.
Just kidding :-)

PACO
Newly Registered

Post by PACO » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:00 pm

Dear Nikshala,

First of all congratulations.

I will be applying for my passport in September and since I am a student, I was wondering what problems you encountered.

I was thinking of doing it via the NCS as some of my friends have done it and got their approval letter within a month.

I would really appreciate if you could please let me know the problems you encountered.

Thanks.

SK1

Post by SK1 » Tue May 01, 2007 12:14 pm

champion wrote:
maveli62 wrote:champion and SK1

Cheers

Maveli
I think SK1 got 1 but me and Virtual writer are still waiting. They have not even deducted money from our account.
I think BIA has randomly selected me and virtual writer as 2 applicant to send naturalization in 1st month and acknowledgement in second month.
Just kidding :-)
I didn't get ack. letter until I called them to query something, then they told me they posted it to me, but I never received it. They wanted to re-send a copy, but I said nah it's okay, as long as I know they did receive my application and it's logged on their system.

SK1

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Tue May 01, 2007 1:32 pm

Champion and SK1,
Thanks for the reply. looks like it's going to bea long waiting time. Hope one day it will arrive.

champion

Post by champion » Tue May 01, 2007 2:01 pm

Today I gave upmy patience and called up BIA to see why they haven't taken payment from my account? Ideally this should have done by now.

Guess what for last 2 hours I am getting the message that they are too busy and asked me to call later (no option to hold the line)

mon
Newly Registered

Post by mon » Tue May 01, 2007 2:29 pm

champion wrote: Guess what for last 2 hours I am getting the message that they are too busy and asked me to call later (no option to hold the line)
isn't that the most annoying part... and that loophole probably means they can say something along the lines of "no-one is kept on hold longer than 10 minutes" grrr...

still, you've saved me the trouble of ringing them, I'm just going to be patient. okay, I'm going to wait, but not patiently. still no fee taken, they got my application 5 weeks ago

champion

Post by champion » Tue May 01, 2007 2:48 pm

I wont give it up. 5 weeks is a lot of time. Call them on 0151 number as 0845 will be charged more
I guess you should select option 3, this should connect to someone quicker. and tell them ohh you are sorry you didn't realised you entered a wrong choice. I am sure you will get your line quickly.

Do it now. I think if you call them that would perhaps send them a reminder that they are late in sending ack. By this way you can also avoid the situation (like Mr. Tejawani's son was in) where they say ohh sorry we have your incorrect bank detail here and thats why we didn't took money off your account.

champion

Post by champion » Tue May 01, 2007 4:59 pm

I tried the 0845 number and there is a message saying that they have operational difficulties and they will work only till 6 pm.
Guess something wrong with their software or server and guess thye won't be able to tell me anything about my app.
Hopefully the issue is small and don't delay our application

virtual-writer

Post by virtual-writer » Wed May 02, 2007 2:25 pm

Update

Application submitted through : POST
Date of submission or posting : 29 Mar 2007
Criteria : EEA family member, 4 years residence + ILR
Date of debit from account: 2 May 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 28/4, date on the letter: 25 Apr
Date of receipt of approval : ---
Ceremony invitation letter: ---

champion

Post by champion » Wed May 02, 2007 2:35 pm

Great congrates.
I guess if you get an ack letter then most likely your documents etc are fine.
They have't even taken any money from my account.
Hope it wont be too late

virtual-writer

Post by virtual-writer » Wed May 02, 2007 2:50 pm

champion wrote:I guess if you get an ack letter then most likely your documents etc are fine.
Actually, no. They check what documents you've sent and write a list of them in the acknowledgement letter, but that doesn't mean anything, really.

This is our second application. Last time they sent the acknowledgement letter quicker, and the decision came about four months after the application was made. The respons was negative (too early, and we had not cited special circumstances :oops: ) and they said they had not looked at the evidences or even the application, so could not tell whether a subsequent claim would be granted approval or not.

champion

Post by champion » Wed May 02, 2007 2:58 pm

I am worried now as havent heard anything from them (except that they did recieved my app)

I am checking my Card every hour (online) to see if they deducted money.
Unfortunately no news.
I can't even say to myself that no news is a good news.
I apericiate mon who is waiting for 5 weeks to get the ack or money deducted.

Hopefully you will get positive outcome within 2 months.

omwabo
Newly Registered

Post by omwabo » Wed May 02, 2007 4:47 pm

Postal or NCS: NCS (appointment on 07/03)
Date of submission or posting : 08 Mar 07
CRITERIA - 4yr WP + 1 yr ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: credit card
Date on acknowledgement Letter: 14 Mar 07
Date of receipt of acknowledgement Letter: 14 Mar 07
Date of approval : 21 march 2007
Date of receipt of approval : 04 apr 2007
Date of Ceremony: 16th apr 2007
Date of appln. for passport ? 17th Apr2007
Method used ? postal
Date of Receipt? 29th apr 2007

Its been a long journey. All in all my only advice and this is out of good experience.....use the NCS. I found out how it made my application easy. Brent council were great!

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Wed May 02, 2007 4:51 pm

champion wrote: I am checking my Card every hour (online) to see if they deducted money.
I thought all credit cards get updated in the night. It is not a real "real time" postings.

champion

Post by champion » Thu May 03, 2007 5:39 pm

I think it depends. in some cases it reflect straightway (but under pending)
and some it is not. I may be wrong though

CstrM8
Newly Registered

Timeline for Naturalisation Application

Post by CstrM8 » Thu May 03, 2007 6:07 pm

I am sooooooooo happy I got my much-waited approval letter from the Home Office yesterday…. finally at last!!!! So I just thought I should share my timeline with everybody in the forum….

NCS or Postal..............................................NCS
If NCS, which centre...................................Hampshire
Date of NCS Appointment..........................27 March 2007
Date of submission or posting..................27 March 2007
CRITERIA...................................................5 yrs stay (4yrsWP+1yrILR)
Date of receipt by HO via Royal Mail Tracking...................28 March 2007
Date when payment was taken from credit card................04 April 2007
Date of Acknowledgment Letter.........................04 April 2007
Date of Receipt of Aknowledgement..................13 April 2007
Date of Approval Letter.............................20 April 2007
Date of Receipt of Approval Letter............02 May 2007
Date of Citizenship Ceremony............14 June 2007 (I can’t wait!)
Date of appln. for passport............perhaps the day after the citizenship ceremony
Method used...........................N/A yet
Date of Receipt.......................N/A yet

Many thanks to mon, Firm Believer, music & tekaweni for sharing their experiences, private messages, etc. CHEERS!!!!

I hope that by late summer I can book a holiday to go around Europe without needing a Schengen visa!!!

champion

Congrates

Post by champion » Thu May 03, 2007 6:16 pm

I am so glad seeing people getting their aproval letter. Hopefully it will take some worklaod off my case worker :twisted:
Good luck

Dawie
Diamond Member

Re: Timeline for Naturalisation Application

Post by Dawie » Thu May 03, 2007 6:27 pm

CstrM8 wrote:I am sooooooooo happy I got my much-waited approval letter from the Home Office yesterday…. finally at last!!!! So I just thought I should share my timeline with everybody in the forum….

CRITERIA...................................................5 yrs stay (4yrsWP+1yrILR)
Date of appln. for passport............perhaps the day after the citizenship ceremony

Many thanks to mon, Firm Believer, music & tekaweni for sharing their experiences, private messages, etc. CHEERS!!!!

I hope that by late summer I can book a holiday to go around Europe without needing a Schengen visa!!!
Any reason why you're waiting so long for your citizenship ceremony? I organised my ceremony for the day after I got my approval letter. I really couldn't wait.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Thu May 03, 2007 6:36 pm

Some councils have fewer resources or high demand. My local made me wait 6 weeks for my ceremony, but at least once the approval letter has been received you can relax knowing it's all on 'cruise control' to the finish line!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten

Firm Believer
Newly Registered

Re: Timeline for Naturalisation Application

Post by Firm Believer » Thu May 03, 2007 7:45 pm

Well done and congratulations. I'm well and truly pleased for you. I hate to say I told you so - but I will anyway, lol. I told you so!

All the best.
CstrM8 wrote:I am sooooooooo happy I got my much-waited approval letter from the Home Office yesterday…. finally at last!!!! So I just thought I should share my timeline with everybody in the forum….

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu May 03, 2007 8:33 pm

tekaweni wrote:Some councils have fewer resources or high demand. My local made me wait 6 weeks for my ceremony, but at least once the approval letter has been received you can relax knowing it's all on 'cruise control' to the finish line!
I did pay £75 extra for a private ceremony though...it was worth every penny! The wait would have done my head in.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

tdpff3

Post by tdpff3 » Thu May 03, 2007 9:49 pm

My council did not have private ceremony facility, so the only option we had was to wait for the available date given by them for public ceremony.