ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rabh

Post by rabh » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:30 pm

ummer2000 wrote:
ummer2000 wrote:Hi guys here is my timeline
Application submitted with two dependents: 3 Feb
Acknowledgment letter received: 12 feb
Bio metric invitation received: 17 march dated 14 march
Bio metric submitted: 20 March at Cannon town post office
BRP: Waiting :(
Documents and passport: waiting :(
Please anybody can help me as i am traking my special delivery number of postoffice It says "my item is received by delivery office and out for delivery".
What It means? My problem is that i checked it first time so i dont know it is new Spammy Spammer or the first , when i send the documents to UKBA.
Please if anyone can help :(
Cheer up.....,at least get to read one good news today!

ummer2000

Post by ummer2000 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:39 pm

htc_123 wrote:
ummer2000 wrote:
Please anybody can help me as i am traking my special delivery number of postoffice It says "my item is received by delivery office and out for delivery".
What It means? My problem is that i checked it first time so i dont know it is new Spammy Spammer or the first , when i send the documents to UKBA.
This means that your documents are on their way ! You should get them today or tommorow !

I wish it might be true HTC 123......but I am traking it from two days and the status is same

ssjj
Newly Registered

17 th march brp

Post by ssjj » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:53 pm

any one who has given their brp on or after 17 th march pls update their status, timeline
3rd feb --send application
17 th march -post office brp - clapham ,london
both brp and documents waiting :cry:

beeth_ven
Newly Registered

Re: Painful wait

Post by beeth_ven » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:55 pm

Another day of fruitless waiting has passed by :( ...biometrics given on 13th March (Old Street PO, London) and still waiting ... this wait is seriously driving me insane as I may lose my job offer...if nothing turns up by 1st of May, I am going to withdraw my application as there is no point staying in such an underdeveloped country which has such crappy government agencies :x Does anyone know how long does it take to get back your documents if you withdraw your application?

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:24 am

Usmantar wrote:
moirareggie wrote:I just got a call that I missed a DX delivery (I moved out of the old place after application, but she's a friend so she knew to expect the delivery.) I received a BRP invitation on the 15th of March, dated 10th. I had a couple delays and only managed to submit my BRP on the 23rd. I will rearrange delivery so fingers crossed.
So does that mean they have started considering applications from week commencing 19th of march?
I still don't know the outcome of my application but I think it's a YES since I did everything required to the best of my knowledge. We'll see when the DX guy comes around again tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:27 am

htc_123 wrote:
breakingaway wrote:I would like info regarding the postal service that is used from the UKBA for the return of documents and the BRP card if you did NOT include envelopes with your application. If any of you have received your BRP and documents and you did not include any courier envelopes with your application- what service was used?
Thank you kindly! you all are amazing!
If you don't enclose any return envelopes your documents are returned via Recorded Royal Mail Delivery.

No matter what BRP is always delivered by DX Deliveries.
OH! I didn't enclose a return envelope and got a DX package which means I probably got my BRP before my documents. I arranged for redelivery today (27th Friday) as I missed when they came on Wednesday.

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:31 am

beeth_ven wrote:Another day of fruitless waiting has passed by :( ...biometrics given on 13th March (Old Street PO, London) and still waiting ... this wait is seriously driving me insane as I may lose my job offer...if nothing turns up by 1st of May, I am going to withdraw my application as there is no point staying in such an underdeveloped country which has such crappy government agencies :x Does anyone know how long does it take to get back your documents if you withdraw your application?
We totally understand your frustration but you should be careful how you speak of people. Have you still not been able to get in touch with UKBA? I don't have a landline or a phone plan any more that will allow me to try and get in touch with them myself and see what numbers work in order to help you. Maybe you should start a thread/post about how to get in touch with UKBA. Other people who are reading this, can you suggest how they can reach UKBA? I'm sure you can sympathise with this situation.

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:39 am

beeth_ven wrote:Another day of fruitless waiting has passed by :( ...biometrics given on 13th March (Old Street PO, London) and still waiting ... this wait is seriously driving me insane as I may lose my job offer...if nothing turns up by 1st of May, I am going to withdraw my application as there is no point staying in such an underdeveloped country which has such crappy government agencies :x Does anyone know how long does it take to get back your documents if you withdraw your application?
I just want to give you a hug!! A job opportunity is not a thing you want to lose in this economy.

beeth_ven
Newly Registered

Post by beeth_ven » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:19 am

Thanks so much for the support moirareggie! I really need it at this moment...I have tried calling up UKBA several times but got no reply :( I am feeling so helpless...another day or maybe another weekend/week/month of waiting awaits me :cry: Lets see what happens...for people who gave their biometrics between 12th March and 16th March, please let us know if you got back your documents ...if anyone can suggest a way to get in touch with UKBA, I will be more than grateful ! Thanks!
moirareggie wrote:
I just want to give you a hug!! A job opportunity is not a thing you want to lose in this economy.

eternities
Newly Registered

Re: I received my passport/documents!

Post by eternities » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:21 am

So much for being chill. I called DX and they still havent received my BRP. It s been 7 working days since it was approved. Still nothing. Do I really have to trust them to come next week until next Wednesday (10 working days) or will the agony continue even after that?!

Nefertiiti wrote:You can call them now since, based on the fact that you've gotten your approval, it's most likely that your card is on its way. But just chill, it could come tomorrow anyways.

eternities wrote:
Nefertiiti wrote:DX courier are the ones who deliver most of the brps, at least to the best of my knowledge. Check online for their contact details.

[q uote="eternities"]
Nefertiiti wrote:\you should get your BRP within 10 days of the approval date as stated on the letter. If you're in doubt then call DX secure and give them your postcode, they'll let you know about what day to expect your card.

DX secure? what is that? they didn't say anything about that in the letter I received today......

ok, but basically I can check this only after I missed BRP delivery. otherwise no, right?
[/quote]

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:38 am

Your wait is over because you've gotten your documents and approval, the card will definitely come as long as the letter says it will. If you need more info just send email, as directed, to the email address given on the letter stating your concerns. Others on this forum are awaiting even a word from the UKBA, you've been told that your application has been approved (or isn't that the case?) so you literally have nothing to worry about. Worse case scenario is there's been a mix up that's causing a delay but at least you can email brpdelivery to find out. Chill because you are currently on tier psw leave to remain. And congratulations.

eternities wrote:So much for being chill. I called DX and they still havent received my BRP. It s been 7 working days since it was approved. Still nothing. Do I really have to trust them to come next week until next Wednesday (10 working days) or will the agony continue even after that?!

Nefertiiti wrote:You can call them now since, based on the fact that you've gotten your approval, it's most likely that your card is on its way. But just chill, it could come tomorrow anyways.

eternities wrote:
Nefertiiti wrote:DX courier are the ones who deliver most of the brps, at least to the best of my knowledge. Check online for their contact details.

[q uote="eternities"]

DX secure? what is that? they didn't say anything about that in the letter I received today......

ok, but basically I can check this only after I missed BRP delivery. otherwise no, right?
[/quote]
Nefertiiti

beeth_ven
Newly Registered

Post by beeth_ven » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:57 am

Hi Nefertiiti ! I agree with you...it should not be so much stressful for those who have atleast got their approval letters, while the rest of us are still waiting to hear anything :( ... I remember yours took a long time as well, right? how long did it take for your case to be completed? It is now my 6th week of waiting after my biometrics on the 13th March...how much longer is it going to take?
Nefertiiti wrote:Your wait is over because you've gotten your documents and approval, the card will definitely come as long as the letter says it will. If you need more info just send email, as directed, to the email address given on the letter stating your concerns. Others on this forum are awaiting even a word from the UKBA, you've been told that your application has been approved (or isn't that the case?) so you literally have nothing to worry about. Worse case scenario is there's been a mix up that's causing a delay but at least you can email brpdelivery to find out. Chill because you are currently on tier psw leave to remain. And congratulations.

eternities wrote:So much for being chill. I called DX and they still havent received my BRP. It s been 7 working days since it was approved. Still nothing. Do I really have to trust them to come next week until next Wednesday (10 working days) or will the agony continue even after that?!

eternities wrote:

[/quote]

shribalaji

Post by shribalaji » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:05 am

beeth_ven wrote:Thanks so much for the support moirareggie! I really need it at this moment...I have tried calling up UKBA several times but got no reply :( I am feeling so helpless...another day or maybe another weekend/week/month of waiting awaits me :cry: Lets see what happens...for people who gave their biometrics between 12th March and 16th March, please let us know if you got back your documents ...if anyone can suggest a way to get in touch with UKBA, I will be more than grateful ! Thanks!
moirareggie wrote:

Again I'm sorry for your situation,I lost my offer they have waited more than a month and turndown. Worst of all is we can't reach UKBA at the moment by any means of communication. Moreover if we want to cancel application again it'l takmoan other 15 working days if I'm not wrong, this is total bullshit.

Don't loose hope my friend, world is so big if you loose some you'll get some. I'm an atheist so I wont blame the god, all I can tel you is that you are not alone.

beeth_ven
Newly Registered

Post by beeth_ven » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:17 am

Hey placebo! Did you get back your documents or are you also still waiting? By the way, congratulations to everyone who have got back their documents and BRP...you are indeed very lucky :)

[quote="placebo"]Hi all,
I did my biometrics on the 3rd of March and still got nothing. Also, my visa expires on the 30th of April, which is very soon.
Does anyone know if my visa doesn't come untill then, would it cause any problems in the future? for example if I want to get another type of visa?[/quote]

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:22 am

Hi Beeth_ven mine took a total of 3 months to get both letter and bpr and 1 month 16 days from the day I enrolled my biometrics. I can not know how much longer it will take, I got mine at the end of my 6th week and the card on my 7th week. I had friends that got theirs by the 3rd week of biometrics enrollment so I was extremely anxious. All I can say is if you trust you had all the required documents in your application then all you can do is believe everything will be alright.

I was very anxious also because I kept tracking my return envelope and never saw any information on it, meanwhile my documents were returned in a different envelope and it took three days from date of approval for me to get them. The thing with the whole process is you can't know until you get some feedback from UKBA, if you haven't heard anything from them till now then probably your application is fine and it's just a matter of time before you get your psw.

The way I see it, if they wanted to refuse someone wouldn't they do that earlier than now? Just my thoughts.

Hang in there guys, one thing for sure, especially for those who enrolled have enrolled their biometrics, the wait will definitely come to an end.

beeth_ven wrote:Hi Nefertiiti ! I agree with you...it should not be so much stressful for those who have atleast got their approval letters, while the rest of us are still waiting to hear anything :( ... I remember yours took a long time as well, right? how long did it take for your case to be completed? It is now my 6th week of waiting after my biometrics on the 13th March...how much longer is it going to take?
Nefertiiti wrote:Your wait is over because you've gotten your documents and approval, the card will definitely come as long as the letter says it will. If you need more info just send email, as directed, to the email address given on the letter stating your concerns. Others on this forum are awaiting even a word from the UKBA, you've been told that your application has been approved (or isn't that the case?) so you literally have nothing to worry about. Worse case scenario is there's been a mix up that's causing a delay but at least you can email brpdelivery to find out. Chill because you are currently on tier psw leave to remain. And congratulations.

[/quote]
Nefertiiti

beeth_ven
Newly Registered

Post by beeth_ven » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:38 am

Thank you so much Nefertiiti! It is some solace to hear your reassuring words. All I can do is hope my documents will come soon. I did not give any return envelope so I cannot track anything but listening to your case, I guess I should be patient as well. Probably I will get back my stuff by May 1st as that will be my 7 weeks completion from the day of biometrics. Thanks once again to you, moirareggie, shribalaji and everyone else for your reassurance and support! :)
Nefertiiti wrote:Hi Beeth_ven mine took a total of 3 months to get both letter and bpr and 1 month 16 days from the day I enrolled my biometrics. I can not know how much longer it will take, I got mine at the end of my 6th week and the card on my 7th week. I had friends that got theirs by the 3rd week of biometrics enrollment so I was extremely anxious. All I can say is if you trust you had all the required documents in your application then all you can do is believe everything will be alright.

I was very anxious also because I kept tracking my return envelope and never saw any information on it, meanwhile my documents were returned in a different envelope and it took three days from date of approval for me to get them. The thing with the whole process is you can't know until you get some feedback from UKBA, if you haven't heard anything from them till now then probably your application is fine and it's just a matter of time before you get your psw.

The way I see it, if they wanted to refuse someone wouldn't they do that earlier than now? Just my thoughts.

Hang in there guys, one thing for sure, especially for those who enrolled have enrolled their biometrics, the wait will definitely come to an end.

beeth_ven wrote:Hi Nefertiiti ! I agree with you...it should not be so much stressful for those who have atleast got their approval letters, while the rest of us are still waiting to hear anything :( ... I remember yours took a long time as well, right? how long did it take for your case to be completed? It is now my 6th week of waiting after my biometrics on the 13th March...how much longer is it going to take?

[/quote]

bhamblues

Post by bhamblues » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:31 am

I guess UKBA are facing technical problems which is causing delays in processing. As stated in the UKBA webite most of their online services have been unavailable since 23rd April Monday. Maybe that's the reason there is a delay in processing this week. Whatever it is hopefully it gets sorted soon. Goodluck to all..

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:32 am

So DX came early this morning with my BRP. Here's my updated timeline in detail:
Application sent: 31st January 2012
Fee deducted: 6th February 2012
Acknowledgement received: Never
Biometrics Invitation received: 15th March 2012, dated 10th March
Biometrics enrolled: 23rd March 2012 (Camden High Street)
BRP delivery 1st attempt: 25th April 2012
BRP received: 27th April (Issued on the 21st April)
Documents: Waiting

I know my biometrics were submitted later than some of you who haven't received yours, so MAYBE it may indicate that they had begun the process of taking the decision without my biometrics, however, my BRP was issued about 4 weeks after I enrolled my biometrics, so we could still stick to the 4-6 weeks after biometrics. If anyone knows how to get through to UKBA let us know so we can help others who are still waiting. Thank you for your support, I hope we all get our documents in the nick of time. I am still waiting for my documents, so my wait is not completely over, but the worst of it is.

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:34 am

beeth_ven wrote:Thank you so much Nefertiiti! It is some solace to hear your reassuring words. All I can do is hope my documents will come soon. I did not give any return envelope so I cannot track anything but listening to your case, I guess I should be patient as well. Probably I will get back my stuff by May 1st as that will be my 7 weeks completion from the day of biometrics. Thanks once again to you, moirareggie, shribalaji and everyone else for your reassurance and support! :)
I have heard that Italians are very chilled so let's hope their reputation holds up in this case for you. Keep us updated and I will see if I can find a way to reach UKBA as well.

beeth_ven
Newly Registered

Post by beeth_ven » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:58 am

Thank you moirareggie for sending the updates and congratulations for getting your BRP! I hope that mine will come in soon..still waiting :(
moirareggie wrote:So DX came early this morning with my BRP. Here's my updated timeline in detail:

I know my biometrics were submitted later than some of you who haven't received yours, so MAYBE it may indicate that they had begun the process of taking the decision without my biometrics, however, my BRP was issued about 4 weeks after I enrolled my biometrics, so we could still stick to the 4-6 weeks after biometrics. If anyone knows how to get through to UKBA let us know so we can help others who are still waiting. Thank you for your support, I hope we all get our documents in the nick of time. I am still waiting for my documents, so my wait is not completely over, but the worst of it is.

beeth_ven
Newly Registered

Post by beeth_ven » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:01 pm

Ha ha ha ha! I hope my Italian employers are chilled out to wait even more after waiting for a month now...all I can do is pray :( ... I will keep everyone updated and please let me know if you find any way to reach the UKBA. Thanks!
moirareggie wrote:
beeth_ven wrote:Thank you so much Nefertiiti! It is some solace to hear your reassuring words. All I can do is hope my documents will come soon. I did not give any return envelope so I cannot track anything but listening to your case, I guess I should be patient as well. Probably I will get back my stuff by May 1st as that will be my 7 weeks completion from the day of biometrics. Thanks once again to you, moirareggie, shribalaji and everyone else for your reassurance and support! :)
I have heard that Italians are very chilled so let's hope their reputation holds up in this case for you. Keep us updated and I will see if I can find a way to reach UKBA as well.

bhamblues

Post by bhamblues » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Another week passed by biting the dust :)) Hopefully May turns to be a luckier month than April..
Congrats to those who have received BRP/Docs this week.

rabh

Post by rabh » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Congratulations Moirareggie! And thanks for bringing the the good news today. As per your timeline, the interesting thing is that they have started considering applications where biometrics were given on the week commencing 19th March. So from this let's hope that others will also get to hear some news soon.

Yet to hear another one from Ummer2000!

Thanks
moirareggie wrote:So DX came early this morning with my BRP. Here's my updated timeline in detail:

Raptorroz

Post by Raptorroz » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:56 pm

They send our documents via recorded signed for second class mail. I have the same case as yours. got my BRP Card on 25th April dated 21st April and i am still waiting for documents. Please keep me posted if you got yours. I reckon by tomorrow we will have those documents back as royal mail needs 5 working days to get it delivered. Best of luck and please keep me posted. :)

rabh

Post by rabh » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi Ummer 2000, any updates mate ?
ummer2000 wrote:
htc_123 wrote:
ummer2000 wrote:
This means that your documents are on their way ! You should get them today or tommorow !

I wish it might be true HTC 123......but I am traking it from two days and the status is same