ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blessed_sinner

Post by blessed_sinner » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:15 pm

[quote="waiting2beirish"][quote="courny"]I think we should getting letters from them soon. I applied nov 2011 and got ref number jan 2012 and I've been told my application is with the minister for a decision. :) I'm banking on being called for 15th october ceremony... Woohoooo :)[/quote]

I believe I am in the same boat as you. ..happy days soon[/quote]

Brilliant! I think you guys should be called in October so letter should be in post to you in next couple of weeks or so.

dania

Post by dania » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:48 pm

seraph wrote:I cannot define what is standard application. They are the one who decides what is standard applications. Anyway EU/Irish spouses are not standard.

For everybody's attention, the next oath ceremonies are scheduled on 15th October and 13th December. You can plan your vacations and book the tickets accordingly.
Thanks for the update but can u please tell from where u got the information about the dates,as there is no info on inis website,thanks.
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:54 pm

did anyone call the office today? Is there an update?

Are letters for October ceremony being sent out in the post?

Why will 2009, 2010 and early 2011 applicants still be waiting on decisions while some late 2011 applicants already have their approvals?

I have so many questions... :?

i just pray all backlogs are cleared by end of the year..

nissa

Post by nissa » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:21 pm

hi pls share how some of the people knows that their application is with minister i mean its a very confidential information for citiz dept.

courny

Post by courny » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:33 pm

nissa wrote:hi pls share how some of the people knows that their application is with minister i mean its a very confidential information for citiz dept.
its pretty simple i call them up.... they confirm a few details to make suers its the correct person they are speaking to..... then they can update me on the status of my applications..... usually they say they are waiting for reports... but once the reports are back... they will be bale to give you more information. like in my case.... its with the minister :d

Finglas1234
Newly Registered

So now, When we will get invitation letter for octo ceremony

Post by Finglas1234 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:32 pm

courny wrote:
nissa wrote:hi pls share how some of the people knows that their application is with minister i mean its a very confidential information for citiz dept.
its pretty simple i call them up.... they confirm a few details to make suers its the correct person they are speaking to..... then they can update me on the status of my applications..... usually they say they are waiting for reports... but once the reports are back... they will be bale to give you more information. like in my case.... its with the minister :d

Finglas1234
Newly Registered

So now, When we will get invitation letter for octo ceremony

Post by Finglas1234 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:34 pm

so when we will get invitation letter for octo ceremony

Finglas1234
Newly Registered

We applied based on 5 Yr, Resi, 4 stamp, applied in July2011

Post by Finglas1234 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:35 pm

:?:
We applied based on 5 Yr, Resi, 4 stamp, applied in July2011

Finglas1234
Newly Registered

waiting for invitation letter desperately

Post by Finglas1234 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:36 pm

:cry:

baileathakowal
Newly Registered

Re: We applied based on 5 Yr, Resi, 4 stamp, applied in July

Post by baileathakowal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:13 pm

I applied in August 2011(acknt letter in September). I just get one more letter since (in January 2012 just saying that average awaiting time is 26 mths ). No word since.

courny

Post by courny » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:49 pm

1st/2nd week of September.... we should start getting letters for the october ceremony

cleangreen

Post by cleangreen » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:51 pm

I received a letter from inis requesting the fee, photos and garda card. Did anyone else get this letter? The letter has no ceremony date

baileathakowal
Newly Registered

Post by baileathakowal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:37 pm

cleangreen wrote:I received a letter from inis requesting the fee, photos and garda card. Did anyone else get this letter? The letter has no ceremony date
When did You apply and on what basis?

Finglas1234
Newly Registered

Did any one get invited for octo ceremony

Post by Finglas1234 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:32 am

:lol:

citdep
Newly Registered

Post by citdep » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:40 am

Has any spouse of irish citizen received any letters recently? any hope of progress for spouse of Irish national? It seems like DoJ does not like married people anymore and do not care about families any longer.

Any hope for spouse of Irish citizens?

we're waiting since 2008

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:10 pm

citdep wrote:Has any spouse of irish citizen has received a letter recently? It seems like DoJ does not like married people anymore and do not care about families any longer.

we're waiting since 2008
oh gosh!!! don't tell me? and i am here complaining i applied since mid 2010 with no response...

Have you called them and if you did what was the response? THIS COULD BE SO ANNOYING AND FRUSTRATING!

citdep
Newly Registered

Post by citdep » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:22 pm

minniepoe wrote:
citdep wrote:Has any spouse of irish citizen has received a letter recently? It seems like DoJ does not like married people anymore and do not care about families any longer.

we're waiting since 2008
oh gosh!!! don't tell me? and i am here complaining i applied since mid 2010 with no response...

Have you called them and if you did what was the response? THIS COULD BE SO ANNOYING AND FRUSTRATING!
Since Apr 2011 they're telling me they are waiting for a garda report. I mean Curiosity landed on Mars but these guys are still waiting for a report. I have no idea what's going on. I have talked to whoever possible, but no luck. I don't know what's going on.

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:27 pm

minniepoe wrote:

we're waiting since 2008

For my wife (10/2010) waiting Garda report or in process and we will be in touch with you when there is update, the same response since 10/2011 I was calling every month, once they told me they have received all 2010 Garda reports but my wife number is high to attend June ceremony but probably next ceremony (August).
On July I was sent back to the start point "waiting Garda report" call us in few months

citdep
Newly Registered

Post by citdep » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:31 pm

ks2010 wrote:
minniepoe wrote:

we're waiting since 2008

For my wife (10/2010) waiting Garda report or in process and we will be in touch with you when there is update, the same response since 10/2011 I was calling every month, once they told me they have received all 2010 Garda reports but my wife number is high to attend June ceremony but probably next ceremony (August).
On July I was sent back to the start point "waiting Garda report" call us in few months

EXACTLY

They told us once that they have received ALL the report for 2007, 2008, 2009 and your application will be processed soon. After a while we called again and another person said, "No, we have not received any thing, who told you that?", and so on

the answer differs from person to person, I don't know how to judge the process

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:31 pm

citdep wrote:
Since Apr 2011 they're telling me they are waiting for a garda report. I mean Curiosity landed on Mars but these guys are still waiting for a report. I have no idea what's going on. I have talked to whoever possible, but no luck. I don't know what's going on.
same here, i have been getting this same response from them since i started calling in May.. i had asked how long it took to get a gardai report and i was told between 3 to 6 months. So what on earth have they been doing with the application for that long?!

Is there a way of establishing if gardai has a request for gardai vetting from inis about one's application?

For all we know, the gardai vetting centre might not have received the request

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:41 pm

minniepoe wrote:
citdep wrote:
same here, i have been getting this same response from them since i started calling in May.. i had asked how long it took to get a gardai report and i was told between 3 to 6 months. So what on earth have they been doing with the application for that long?!

Is there a way of establishing if gardai has a request for gardai vetting from inis about one's application?

The worst part I started hating 2 days of the week Tuesday/Thursday and avoid to talk with my wife about the postman why?
Because I have to smooth the various "waiting for Garda"/"In process"/... report or no yellow envelope yet

citdep
Newly Registered

Post by citdep » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:47 pm

minniepoe wrote:
citdep wrote:

The fun part is, they say "do not concat Gardai directly as this has to happen internally within their system" so that means contacting Garda might mess things up and upset DoJ a bit, which we do not want.

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:13 pm

It looks to me since many applicants from Aug/Oct 2011 got their approvals , it has become a boiling pot for people waiting from 2008, 2009 and 2010 and early 2011.

I have been told that the new format application forms are being processed faster as they are simpler to process and computer readable, and the older application form are gradually moving ahead as all data has to be feed in manually.

Just hope all the backlog is cleared off soon in this year.
Not waiting any more

citdep
Newly Registered

Post by citdep » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:18 pm

waiting2beirish wrote:It looks to me since many applicants from Aug/Oct 2011 got their approvals , it has become a boiling pot for people waiting from 2008, 2009 and 2010 and early 2011.

I have been told that the new format application forms are being processed faster as they are simpler to process and computer readable, and the older application form are gradually moving ahead as all data has to be feed in manually.

not a valid comment at all

some applications that were submitted in 2009 (old format) got approval in 2011.

It is really simple to analyse the situation. speed and progress of each application depends on who process it.

nothing to do with format at all,

DoJ only intention is to create an atmosphere that they are processing appls in 6 months and dealing with older application later, that's why they're responding to newer applications faster. They even call old applications "legacy"

This is all politics, nothing more.

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:38 pm

waiting2beirish wrote:It looks to me since many applicants from Aug/Oct 2011 got their approvals , it has become a boiling pot for people waiting from 2008, 2009 and 2010 and early 2011.

I don't think that there is something to do with the form
When you get reference all your data is in their system a simple a click can get your application turning around all the services and get you the approval in few weeks
The only approval in writing is the Minister one that need to be signed all the others can be handled by a simple workflow click