ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Goodness&Mercy
Newly Registered

Greetings to all

Post by Goodness&Mercy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:43 pm

I came across this forum while searching desperately for information for a family very close to my heart and I have been able to find answers to lots of questions by the family.
I became so addicted to the forum I find myself praying for the people on the forum when I eventually come off the system.

To all of you waiting anxiously,just to encourage you all that:
"the earth is the LORD's and all its fullness,the world and those who dwell therein"(psalm 24:1-2)
Hold on to your faith because neither the UK nor the Immigration officer are excluded from the word of God above therefore The Lord would not cut off your expectation but would honor his word and answer you all IJMN

"For they did not gain possession of the land by their own sword,nor did their own arm save them..but it was your right hand and light of your countenance because you favor them"psalm 44:3
May the right hand of The Lord,his arm ,the light of his countenance and the favor of The Lord save each and every one of you as you wait and trust in The Lord.May the God of Abraham ,Isaac and Jacob send his angels ahead for each of you and saturate the decision room with favor and blessing as he turn the heart of the officer to favor you all as you wait and trust in him IJMN.
May the good lord bless and keep you all .(amen)

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Re: Greetings to all

Post by nilemarques » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:06 pm

[quote="Goodness&Mercy"]I came across this forum while searching desperately for information for a family very close to my heart and I have been able to find answers to lots of questions by the family.
I became so addicted to the forum I find myself praying for the people on the forum when I eventually come off the system.

"the earth is the LORD's and all its fullness,the world and those who dwell therein"(psalm 24:1-2)
Hold on to your faith because neither the UK nor the Immigration officer are excluded from the word of God above therefore The Lord would not cut off your expectation but would honor his word and answer you all IJMN

"For they did not gain possession of the land by their own sword,nor did their own arm save them..but it was your right hand and light of your countenance because you favor them"psalm 44:3
May the right hand of The Lord,his arm ,the light of his countenance and the favor of The Lord save each and every one of you as you wait and trust in The Lord.May the God of Abraham ,Isaac and Jacob send his angels ahead for each of you and saturate the decision room with favor and blessing as he turn the heart of the officer to favor you all as you wait and trust in him IJMN.
May the good lord bless and keep you all .(amen)[/quote]
@ Goodness&Mercy, welcome to the forum and thank you so much for the words of encouragement and those wise words from the good book. As a forum family we welcome you and we are are here and will assist in whatever way we can. @ everybody else, big up!!

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:16 pm

nilemarques wrote:
Goodness&Mercy wrote:I came across this forum while searching desperately for information for a family very close to my heart and I have been able to find answers to lots of questions by the family.

@ Goodness&Mercy, welcome to the forum and thank you so much for the words of encouragement and those wise words from the good book. As a forum family we welcome you and we are are here and will assist in whatever way we can. @ everybody else, big up!!

Ola Nile !!!!
Welcome to the forum @Goodness&Mercy !! Thank you for your kind words!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:14 pm

verbina wrote:
nilemarques wrote:
Goodness&Mercy wrote:I came across this forum while searching desperately for information for a family very close to my heart and I have been able to find answers to lots of questions by the family.

Ola Nile !!!!
Welcome to the forum @Goodness&Mercy !! Thank you for your kind
words!!

aww Thanks so much thats what I needed right now and welcome..

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:23 pm

Since this forum has all the answers normally, I will ask openly for your advice regards to work.
I know most of you are families and have partners who can work so you have some kind of support system but what about the rest of you single people. How are you coping?
I have tried to find work but these days most of the majority ask for proof of ID. It has left me disheartened and fearful to ask for some jobs in thought of being shut down etc.
In the past I have been fortunate that they have never asked and that down to GOD but its different now.
Has anyone spoken to the citizens advice bureau? And if so do they help or no point trying.

Any advice is welcome and if you are scared of posting online then please inbox me.
Thanks

naba

Re: P

Post by naba » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:39 am

Kukuwife wrote:Hello All
This is the reply to three years of waiting for reconsideration. Please kindly advice. thanks
" we have rejected your reconsideration request of (july2011)." " we will not accept any further requests to reconsider the decision made on the above application. You may wish to make a new application for leave under the current immigration rules, paying the appropriate fee, if you believe that you meets the requirements for a grant of leave. However, please be aware that following changes to the immigration rules which came into effects on 1st of October 2012, most application for further leave to remain will normally fall for refusal if the application is made after the application has overstayed their leave by more than 28days"

Brief history- applied in 2010 using flr (0) as overstayer the application was refused on the terms that you and your child can go back home since your child is still of formative years. My daughter was 4years then, now she is 8years. Between 2010- 2013 we have update them of all changes and now my daughter is 8years. My daughter was born in the UK and has never been out of the country.
Good morning lovely people. Hope you are keeping well. God bless.

@Kukuwife, sorry to hear the news. Hope your solicitor will find the best solution. All the best! God bless.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:38 am

rina wrote:
verbina wrote:
nilemarques wrote:

Ola Nile !!!!
Welcome to the forum @Goodness&Mercy !! Thank you for your kind
words!!

aww Thanks so much thats what I needed right now and welcome..
@Goodness&Mercy welcome to the forum and May goodness and mercy contnue to follow you too and give your family comfort during these times. Thank you so much for your prayer

@Keisha, a big amen to your prayer. I pray so much that The Lord meets us at the very point of our needs. Don't despair or give time to these capita guys cos they have nothing on you for you are already in the promise land.

@Rina I know the feeling as it's hard right about now. The conservatives have tightened everything so much hence why I had to leave my place of work too 2 years ago. To volunteer as well you need to show an ID and even if you find some crooked work you still need to be staring out your work window every 30 seconds looking out for that deadly mysterious van. My guess is employers are scared of being caught out and with snitches on the rise nobody wants to risk a fine. If you have family or friends of a family running a business, that is most likely your safe haven under this government until we are sorted.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:01 pm

Good Day beautiful people....

Hope all is well by His grace.I just realised this a Rocas supportive blog out of the forum.Thaks to eerbbady for their encouraging words and support.Together we shall stand by the grace of God...*rasisefist*

@Aleoo1...Fear not for God is with you...It is well
@Believe...*Hi5*
@Dapsonlee...Amen oo
@Godmercy...Amen and Amen...welcome to the forum and may God bless you!
@Whylie...So,the amoebas want to know how you got the £2000,R u kiddin me?Well,they're not amoeabs by defaul and may God answer them!So,does it mean now they will reconsider ur application form??I pray that Almighty God grant you a stay in Jesus name!
@Rina...I'm also single but with family.The only thing I can say,is that its by God's mercy and grace that I'm able to hustle!I will notify you if there's some opportuity somehwere.Jehovah Jireh is the PRovider,surely He wlill supply all our needs!Keep the faith!
@Verbs....*waves*...

elastep

Post by elastep » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:02 pm

Hello guys.
I Hope all is well with everyone and stay blessed.

@Goodness&Mercy
Wellcome to the forum.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Big Conratulations to Trendy201 & ontothenext!!!
God is indeed faithful. he answers prayers

My sister who had no papers fr 5 years they came a few weeks ago and she has just got an office job. after years of doing c@#$ work.

Kukuwife you will be fine. continue trusting God. he never fails.

Maud you asked about Study. The government no longer allow university loans or nhs bursaries unless you have indefinite leave to remain. My advice would be study with an FE College where the fees are managable. If you want there are some reputable universities which offer online degrees. Of course dont go for papermills.

Also courses like Accounting ACCA /ACA/ Project Managemnt ect can be done with low cost budget in training centres. The works is truly your oyster.

And then the traditional good old graft way, work hard and pay the university fees through your studies. But study is never a bad idea!
FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

marina4
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

biometric letter

Post by marina4 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:07 pm

Hello all!
Congratulations to Trendy201 & ontothenext.... enjoy your life of freedom.

Just recieved letter from my solicitor for biometric, was just wondering if this is the usual case , as my FL(o) application was recieved by HO on the 1/11/3013, letter of acknowledgement recieved five days later and now the biometric invitation dated 14/11/2013.
Decided to apply for FLO, after withdrawing my appeal for Zambrano that was surpose to be for 23/10/2013.

pls, any input would be appreciated .

I pray we all get a favourable result this year.
thnaks all

east579new

Post by east579new » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:03 am

I tell you whats worrying me is that from january onwards they wont want want to grant anybody because thats when the rom+bulg have the right to come here and they will want to keep figures as low as possible.

Also once the new immigration bill is introduced if you make an application and you stay with family or freinds in a private rented property they will notify the landlord (with a warning notice) that your there and you are illegal and the landlord wont want to risk a fine so people will end up homeless.

Ive got a feeling they will change the forms and have a section requireing you to give all landlord infomation etc

There is one glimmer of hope tho it seems that Overstayers may benifit from the immigration bill with regards to right of appeal

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2013/10/ ... tion-bill/

Quoted from the article
Human rights for overstayers

One group looks set to benefit from the changes: overstayers. At the moment the arcane sophistry of the immigration notices that trigger appeal rights mean that overstayers who apply to remain on the basis of residence and family in the UK often have no right of appeal. They are left in limbo. In future, though, as long as they have made a human rights claim if they are refused that will trigger an instant human rights appeal. So long Daley-Murdock, and thanks for nothing.

yesuswept
Newly Registered

Post by yesuswept » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:06 pm

A quick update guys I got my document back getting my extension of further 3 years within 4 weeks, timeline below

FLR 0 Application sent on the 23/10/2013
Application received on the 24/10/2013
Biometric received 28/10/2013
Biometric done: 4/11/2013
Application approved:19/11/2013
Passport received:22/11/2013

Goodluck to everyone still waiting to be approved.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:42 pm

yesuswept wrote:A quick update guys I got my document back getting my extension of further 3 years within 4 weeks, timeline below

FLR 0 Application sent on the 23/10/2013
Application received on the 24/10/2013
Biometric received 28/10/2013
Biometric done: 4/11/2013
Application approved:19/11/2013
Passport received:22/11/2013

Goodluck to everyone still waiting to be approved.

Congratulations. Definitely a fast one.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi guys!! Been keeping an eye on court judgements recently looking out for cases that involve the 7 year residency for kids. Until today I hadn't come across any and the one I came across today leaves a sour taste in my mouth. It now seems that Mrs May is having her way with the judges now and I just hope and pray that it's not going to set a precedents. Have a read below and tell me what you make of this.::::

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Adm ... /3575.html

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:10 pm

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll I almost had kittens like verbina says as got a letter from my solicitors. I picked it up on my way out as was going to post office so decided I would wait till I got home(procasinating or what hahha). I had all these questions and theories going to my head wondering why the hell they wouldn't call me and just send me a letter only to open it and it was saying my solicitor does not work for the firm anymore...

All that stress for nothing hahahahaaaaaa....

God help us seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:33 pm

rina wrote:lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll I almost had kittens like verbina says as got a letter from my solicitors. I picked it up on my way out as was going to post office so decided I would wait till I got home(procasinating or what hahha). I had all these questions and theories going to my head wondering why the hell they wouldn't call me and just send me a letter only to open it and it was saying my solicitor does not work for the firm anymore...

Sh****tttttt!! HAhaha! You poor doll you are!! :lol:

Well I ve been on duty by my letter box all this time thinking I should get an answer any day now. So today I spoke to my social worker-turned out she STILL hadnt sent my daughters passport etc to Home Office! I mean WTF she had like 3 weeks to do it!!! So angry I am! Grrrrr!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:41 pm

verbina wrote:
rina wrote:lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll I almost had kittens like verbina says as got a letter from my solicitors. I picked it up on my way out as was going to post office so decided I would wait till I got home(procasinating or what hahha). I had all these questions and theories going to my head wondering why the hell they wouldn't call me and just send me a letter only to open it and it was saying my solicitor does not work for the firm anymore...

Well I ve been on duty by my letter box all this time thinking I should get an answer any day now. So today I spoke to my social worker-turned out she STILL hadnt sent my daughters passport etc to Home Office! I mean WTF she had like 3 weeks to do it!!! So angry I am! Grrrrr!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY VERBINA THATS MENTAL... WHAT THE HELL?????????? does that mean you missed your deadline????

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:46 pm

rina wrote:
verbina wrote:

NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY VERBINA THATS MENTAL... WHAT THE HELL?????????? does that mean you missed your deadline????
Nope, luckily for me they are arranging this document transfer between themselves as two government bodies, so no deadlines or anything.

But Im still so ANGRY Im literally foaming at the mouth that they couldnt be arsed to do it still!!!

Sorry abt your solicitor, but Im sure your not bothered abt him leaving lol.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:52 pm

verbina wrote:
rina wrote:
verbina wrote:

Nope, luckily for me they are arranging this document transfer between themselves as two government bodies, so no deadlines or anything.

But Im still so ANGRY Im literally foaming at the mouth that they couldnt be arsed to do it still!!!

Phewww!!!!!!! at least no deadline. But silly person has sent you back a bit fingers crossed you still get a response before xmas.

As for my solicitor, that the fourth one who has left so doesn't bother me as my documents are at HO.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:57 pm

rina wrote:
verbina wrote:
rina wrote:
verbina wrote:

Phewww!!!!!!! at least no deadline. But silly person has sent you back a bit fingers crossed you still get a response before xmas.

As for my solicitor, that the fourth one who has left so doesn't bother me as my documents are at HO.
Yeah fingers crossed for you too babe xx

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:17 pm

nilemarques wrote:Hi guys!! Been keeping an eye on court judgements recently looking out for cases that involve the 7 year residency for kids. Until today I hadn't come across any and the one I came across today leaves a sour taste in my mouth. It now seems that Mrs May is having her way with the judges now and I just hope and pray that it's not going to set a precedents. Have a read below and tell me what you make of this.::::

nilemarques - thanks for this link. This judgement highlight what we are up against. The judge in this particular case support ALL submission by Ms chan and reject ALL submission by Mr Malik. Where the judge even ought to support the submission by mr Malik he, the judge align the submission to earlier judgement.
Basically, from the judgement and using the word of the judge with a child who has lived continuously in the UK for at least seven years is not aces. But it will be of greater consideration if the seven years start from the first four years.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:21 am

[quote="Kukuwife"][quote="nilemarques"]Hi guys!! Been keeping an eye on court judgements recently looking out for cases that involve the 7 year residency for kids. Until today I hadn't come across any and the one I came across today leaves a sour taste in my mouth. It now seems that Mrs May is having her way with the judges now and I just hope and pray that it's not going to set a precedents. Have a read below and tell me what you make of this.::::

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Adm ... /3575.html[/quote]

nilemarques - thanks for this link. This judgement highlight what we are up against. The judge in this particular case support ALL submission by Ms chan and reject ALL submission by Mr Malik. Where the judge even ought to support the submission by mr Malik he, the judge align the submission to earlier judgement.
Basically, from the judgement and using the word of the judge with a child who has lived continuously in the UK for at least seven years is not aces. But it will be of greater consideration if the seven years start from the first four years.[/quote]

@Kukuwife. I suppose it depends on the Judge presiding over the case. The one linked below which I've just come across, was an earlier judgement before the one above and it had a positive result for the appellants...

https://tribunals-servicegovuk-producti ... 042011.pdf

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:44 am

nilemarques wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
nilemarques wrote:Hi guys!! Been keeping an eye on court judgements recently looking out for cases that involve the 7 year residency for kids. Until today I hadn't come across any and the one I came across today leaves a sour taste in my mouth. It now seems that Mrs May is having her way with the judges now and I just hope and pray that it's not going to set a precedents. Have a read below and tell me what you make of this.::::

Basically, from the judgement and using the word of the judge with a child who has lived continuously in the UK for at least seven years is not aces. But it will be of greater consideration if the seven years start from the first four years.
@Kukuwife. I suppose it depends on the Judge presiding over the case. The one linked below which I've just come across, was an earlier judgement before the one above and it had a positive result for the appellants...

https://tribunals-servicegovuk-producti ... 042011.pdf

The appeal was allowed which is good but the judge was also saying"It was not suggested that the appeals could succeed within the Rules, and Article 8 is not to be applied on a “near miss” basis, but the Rules do give us a yardstick for proportionality.". Which confirm what you said " it depend on the judge" I will also like to added that it depend on the casework .

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:53 am

@nile and kukuwife, thanks for the link and response. Because of this kind of decision coming from court, thats why HO DID MASS REFUSAL UNDER THIS RULE. As @kukuwife mention in the first judgement, if the child starts 7 years continuous residence in uk at the age of 4, have greater weigh and chance to get a stay, i.e child should be 11 or over in the time of application. Anyway this judgement is killer for us, what you think guys any hope remaining or not?