ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December EC applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:45 pm

Vidya,
It seems the booking cannot be modified,however it can be cancelled and a new booking should be made once again...and i think that 7000 rupees is gone..and again they will charge 7000 bucks to book a new date!!! Thank God i listened to my wife,I thought of booking tickets by jan 15th and my wife said book it on 26th and not before that..Now i doubt whether i will ever get my passport back!!!!

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:47 pm

FYI,vfs Website works and the server is not down!Try it once again..

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:51 pm

Seriously i dunno what to do..My office is pressurising me to say the decision as they have to look for a new replacement for me..Else they are asking me to accept their offer to UK,which am not going to do..I have just asked my boss for one more week's time..Though he was reluctant first,he agreed to wait one more week..Its quite disgusting to face such situations in office!!! :(

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:04 pm

Just wondering about my fate, Me and my friend applied on the same date and he got his visa stamped by jan 8th itself and flying even before he had ever imagined and am still on the waiting que!!Why did my docs Go to that Lazy CW !!!? :( Is there any option to choose or change our caseworker?lol..it would have been nice then!!

lion686

Post by lion686 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:05 pm

venkatesh.balakumar,

I also booked the hotel thru Venere.com & i had just giev my card details..for your info they dont charge the money from ur credit card before hand till the date of booking is reached..say u booked for jan 26th...they don charge u till 26th...if you dont report them or if your booking is still active they charge day by day using ur card till the last date of ur booking...so pls check one more time if they had rally charged you....i doubt how u paid them a 7k non -refundable money??
Also they will send an email after you book the hotel.that will have link for cancelling the same booking...use that link & cancel before 26th to avoid any charges..

I had booked from 7th jan & you knw whn am getting the EC...i cooly cancelled my accomodation even when my EC was in progress on jan 5th iteslef.. :?

no harm wait till 24th n cancel if u dint get by tat date...al de best..
Lion

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:16 pm

This is from the reservation confirmation i received..and my invoice value is 554 GBP,and i was charged 90 pounds.. :?:

"SPECIAL CANCELLATION POLICY
The hotel requires a deposit in order to guarantee the reservation:
For stays from 1 - 3 days, deposit is £45.00.
For invoice values over £300.00, the deposit is £90.00.
For invoice values over £700.00, the deposit is £200.00.
The deposit is non-refundable. The hotel will contact the guest with regards to the bank details. Clients are kindly asked to mention their phone number and email. Clients must also specify their arrival time."

lion686

Post by lion686 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:27 pm

venkat,

god, i thnk you are taken for a toss by the hotel..the message that i got whn booked was totally differnt and in ur case its so obvious tat they charged you...i can only pity thalaiva..

ninaipathellam nadanthuvittal theivam edumillai...also "ponal pogattum venkat..."

then Entry clearance can be easily read as EC but is very very very tuf..

:evil: :twisted:
Lion

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:32 pm

What to do boss..Sambadhikardhula paadhi ipdiyae waste'a poidum pola irukku..indha Ec'kaha..! Idhellam pannittum EC reject aachunna enna panradhu nnudhan yosichundrukken..!!!!

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:33 pm

venkatesh ,

dont worry - you and other 2nd/3rd week applicants will surely get it before friday - try to buy time at office now itself till next week.

praying for all of us right now. :idea:

wher's jason today ? he applied dec 27th i think - has he got the result or what :?:

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:37 pm

Morrow am planning to call up BHC directly and say that i have booked my accomodation from 26th and i will be charged if i need to cancel it..And ask them politely how long wil it take..so that i can book my next accommodation (as there is no provision for modification) accordingly so that i may need not shell out another 90 pounds again!!!What do u say guys?Will it be better if i call them up morrow or will it show off and backfire on my EC ?

lion686

Post by lion686 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:38 pm

venkatesh/vidya

The Two V's here...you knw V stands for victory...so dont wrry guys...the real crack for u both is you guys have applied with dependets...its real advantage you knw to apply with dependents...so keep countg the days & am telling its not far away..

Vidya, specualtes a lot...she is right most times..so stick to tat instinct & you may do wonders soon...if u can afford take leave to office for 2/3 days and enjoy wit family or book ticket for all pongal release movies..

I knw its easy to say & hard to practice..but still wt more we can do pals..al de best....
Lion

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:38 pm

Guys , it seems logical that hotels will take some deposit money while booking room - or ask for some advance - but this is normally refundable after deducting " cancellation charges"

so venky , do email them - the hotel mgmt i mean -and try to get the date of booking revised. all the best. normally they refund if you cancel 24 hours before the date of stay itself.

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:43 pm

Shridar

i somehow managed to take this thursday and friday off so planning to take mind off ec for those 4 days and get back to tension on monday :shock:

why do you say that applying with dependants is an advantage :?:

why arent you partying right now with senthil in hyderabad pub :wink:

lion686

Post by lion686 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:58 pm

vidya

I said that dependents add weightage to ur case just cos the BHC have extra faith in u guys than a inidividual cases like mine..they thnk individuals are prone to make mistakes..just assumption.. :roll: ....i have never seen dependents EC getting rejected for silly reasons..but individuals EC can be recjected for no goood reason..

good tat u takin off to office...enjoy maadi..

Reg. party i will plan one tmrw...cos til nw tensions on head and can be relaxed once i see visa in my hand.. :oops:
Lion

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:19 pm

Lol...What lion says is right...But i guess the sole reason behind it is..they think if an individual is going,there are high chances he/she will get married to someone there (Vellaikaran/kari) and claim legal right to live there for their life..But if its in this way,it cannot happen!!!BTW,I Guess they trust Indian wives that much as they will protect their marriage at any cost!lol

winmano

Post by winmano » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:48 pm

Guyz....
Why U guyz are talking abt Venus / Mars Immigration system :lol: :P

If they want to trust married people, then they would have give 25 points for married people... and instead of giving more points to people less than 28 years.. they woul have given 30 points for aged people.... :twisted: ....
winmano
A : 20th-dec
C: Chennai,
No Of working days: 24 (Got passport)

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:53 pm

hahaha :) real funny assumptions

i dont think it makes a difference either ways ,,,,

i think less than 10% of hsmp applicants would be women - so i was a bit worried whether that might hamper the decision in some unwritten way - but i really dont think so; at least i hope not. :shock:

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:54 pm

There You Go...But guess what,Britts can think only in one way and thats were we indians fare better..as we think in all ways! lol.. and i guess the guy who framed the law must be married before he is 28 or must have been less than 28 years!! :P

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:59 pm

Ha ha haa :) ..I dont fall into this thead's category..But i make it a point to visit this thread every 30 minutes...You guys r really funny and keeping your chin up in such tense moments ...All the best for your EC

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:04 pm

You would laugh even more harder if you could understand all the native langauge laments and quips on this thread ... :D

planning what to do with life if ec gets rejected..... H1B is my next plan which i will spend one year on planning and another year to execute - by then , h1b would be scrapped :lol: :oops:

by the way , mano ....you referred to married ppl as "aged people" on your post ?? :shock: :twisted: 8) might be true but still ... :oops:

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:14 pm

Vidya,
I think EC shouldnt cause a problem..U have crossed the main hurdle which is HSMP..Unless you miss some thing very obvious, you shd. be through...Worst case you can also appeal against EC decisions...So dont worry..
Last edited by ashishashah on Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:32 pm

Like ashish, I also still don't belong to this gang (well not yet, I am yet to apply for EC), but keep visiting this thread to see the status updates.. Happy for Sridhar and I think Venky , Vidya and Mano (sorry Mano :oops: ) will also get their ECs this week. I am planning to apply on Monday and then the tension will start.

Ennadan nadakkum nadakkatume.

Venky, I don't think Venere charges the 7000 Rs, but instead it's the hotel that is charging, if you had chosen a different hotel may be there would've been no charge.
Last edited by arsenalsri on Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

winmano

Post by winmano » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:45 pm

Its rocking to see u guyz awake even now.... :lol:

Vidya,,,,,

Americans or Brits.... they get married when they get old.....in India... thats not the case... So I said aged and old people are one category so that they can be trusted......

Arsenalsri....

Thanx for wishing.... I was kidding.....Sorry for making it so real..... :cry:
Last edited by winmano on Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winmano
A : 20th-dec
C: Chennai,
No Of working days: 24 (Got passport)

ce98118

Post by ce98118 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:28 pm

Hotel charges?? I booked through hotels.com, they said there's no charge if I cancel upto a day in advance.. I might need to cancel as well, as my check in date is 29th Jan, but the EC is not likely to come by then. BTW the delay seems to be in VFS Bangalore as well. I called BHC today and they said the application reached them on 31 Jan. I had applied in VFS BLR on 20th Dec :(

So looks like at least one more week of wait for me!

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:37 pm

all the best ce98, dont worry you will get the ec next week ! :)