ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CstrM8
Newly Registered

Post by CstrM8 » Thu May 03, 2007 11:13 pm

Yes, tekaweni is right! I guess the Register Office that was suggested in my citizenship invitation has got a very long queue of people with them. Maybe some register offices are not that busy so the dates for oathtaking are not that far away.

Anyway, I was told about the option of having a private ceremony for an additional £80 but I felt I'm quite happy just to wait for the group ceremony. And I personally prefer to have my ceremony in that particular location and not somewhere else. Oh I dunno... maybe it's worth the wait, who knows!?

As tekaweni also said (and I totally agree), at least I can relax now that my application has been approved and the rest of the process is not as mind-boggling and anxiety-ridden as while one is still waiting!!!

CstrM8
Newly Registered

Re: Congrates

Post by CstrM8 » Thu May 03, 2007 11:23 pm

champion wrote:I am so glad seeing people getting their aproval letter. Hopefully it will take some worklaod off my case worker :twisted:
Good luck
Don't worry too much, champion. You applied 2 days after I did. so maybe your approval letter is on the way in the post soon!!! Just keep your fingers crossed. Wish u luck!

champion

Post by champion » Fri May 04, 2007 11:45 am

CstrM8 wrote:
Don't worry too much, champion. You applied 2 days after I did. so maybe your approval letter is on the way in the post soon!!! Just keep your fingers crossed. Wish u luck!
Thanks for wishes and I hope your wishes comes true.
If I get my approval letter by next Friday I will come to your town and will buy you drinnks as much as you can have in a day. Unfortunately I applied through post and They havent even took money from my account. Now my worry is if everything fine with my application
But thanks for your wishes

champion

Post by champion » Fri May 04, 2007 3:53 pm

maveli62 wrote:
champion wrote: I am checking my Card every hour (online) to see if they deducted money.
I thought all credit cards get updated in the night. It is not a real "real time" postings.
To Confirm that my assumption was correct. This morning I saw x amount in pending transaction and in the afternoon it was x+n amount. I was expecting this n amount.
Ofcourse it depends on Credit card to Credit card (and merchant to merchant)

Cheers

SK1

Post by SK1 » Sat May 05, 2007 12:41 pm

champion wrote:
CstrM8 wrote:
Thanks for wishes and I hope your wishes comes true.
If I get my approval letter by next Friday I will come to your town and will buy you drinnks as much as you can have in a day. Unfortunately I applied through post and They havent even took money from my account. Now my worry is if everything fine with my application
But thanks for your wishes
Okay, guys this is my story so far:

UPDATE:

Postal or NCS: POSTAL
Date of submission or posting : 20 Feb 07 (received by HO on 21/02/07)
CRITERIA - 3 yr stay (spouse of BC)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 26 February 2007
Date on acknowledgement Letter: 26 February 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement Letter: 09 March 2007
Date of receipt of approval : 05 May 2007 (HO letter dated 03/05/07)
Date of Ceremony: Awaiting
Date of appln. for passport ? N/A
Method used ? N/A
Date of Receipt? N/A

It's been 2.5 months, but it felt like an eternity. All I want to do now is get the Local Authority invitation soon so I can get the Certificate before I go on holiday. Otherwise I'll have to get it after I come back.

Anyway, now that I have approval I just want to thank everybody on this forum and thread who gave advice and support during my application process. And to the people still waiting (Champion et al.) I just want to say it will come through eventually. Just hang in there and don't be negative about your applications...for any postal applications use my time line as a rough guide.

Thanks once again.

SK1

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Sat May 05, 2007 5:32 pm

Congratulations, SK1! It's been a long wait for you...

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sat May 05, 2007 6:46 pm

Hello,

My wife applied for naturalisation on the 31st of March at NCS Bromley.

Date of submission or posting : 31 Mar 2007 NCS Bromley
Criteria : Indian, 1 years residence + 2.5 year ILR (Married to British citizen)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : still not taken
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : still waiting
Date of receipt of approval : ---
Ceremony innvitation lette

We are yet to hear from the home office and the fees has not also been taken out of the account.

Do you think we should call the IND to see what is happening?

since we applied on ther 31st of March (dated by NCS Bromley), would the fees taken out be the March one (268) or the new one (655?)

champion

Post by champion » Sat May 05, 2007 8:27 pm

hi,
welcome to this thread
Yes you should call as NCS claim that within 10 days they will send you an acknowledgement.
If you read through the thread 2-3 pages back you will find Mr. Tejwani's son's card details was wrongly captured. As soon as He called HO they sorted out.
With postal application this delay is understandable however with NCS youe preliminary round (verify the doc and form completion is already done.
Wish you good luck
Cheers

champion

Post by champion » Sat May 05, 2007 8:29 pm

Fees should be 268. It is HO's problem if they delay in their internal processing. As far as you are concern you have submited form on 28th.

champion

Post by champion » Sat May 05, 2007 8:35 pm

SK1 wrote: Okay, guys this is my story so far:

UPDATE:

Postal or NCS: POSTAL
Date of submission or posting : 20 Feb 07 (received by HO on 21/02/07)
CRITERIA - 3 yr stay (spouse of BC)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 26 February 2007
Date on acknowledgement Letter: 26 February 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement Letter: 09 March 2007
Date of receipt of approval : 05 May 2007 (HO letter dated 03/05/07)
Date of Ceremony: Awaiting
Date of appln. for passport ? N/A
Method used ? N/A
Date of Receipt? N/A

It's been 2.5 months, but it felt like an eternity. All I want to do now is get the Local Authority invitation soon so I can get the Certificate before I go on holiday. Otherwise I'll have to get it after I come back.

Anyway, now that I have approval I just want to thank everybody on this forum and thread who gave advice and support during my application process. And to the people still waiting (Champion et al.) I just want to say it will come through eventually. Just hang in there and don't be negative about your applications...for any postal applications use my time line as a rough guide.

Thanks once again.

SK1
Congrates SK1. It was indeed a good news. Hopefully on Tuesday I will have a good news for you.
When I applied I thought it would take 3 months for processing but I was worrying that I didn't even got the ack letter.
Anyways don't leave us alone here keep visit this forum regularly.
Good luck

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sat May 05, 2007 10:18 pm

thanks for the reply,

i submitted the form at the NCS on the 31st, so i should be paying 268, correct?

Should i call the NCS or the home office, from the posts i have read it seems that people are having a grand time contacting the home office.

I have gone through a few posts and it seems that a number of members of the forum have not received any acknowledgement, nor has the payment been deducted from their account (perhaps because there is a lot of load on the HO workers). so there is no need to be concerned, correct?

can you point me to mr.tekaweni's original post?

champion

Post by champion » Sun May 06, 2007 10:38 am

I would advise you to call up ho and ask them regarding ack.
If I am not wrong NCS are charging 268 on 31st March and on 2nd April they are charging 500 +.
If they demand 500+ you can argue that NCS is HO appointed office and working on HO guidlines. if you would have known 500 pound you would have posted a week before.
I think they will buy this argument.
I will try to dig into mr. Tejwani's post and will post the link by tomorrow.
But I would suggest you to contact NCS and HO

SK1

Post by SK1 » Sun May 06, 2007 11:02 am

Marco 72 wrote:Congratulations, SK1! It's been a long wait for you...
Thanks Marco 72,

Long, but worth the wait. That's another chapter done for now, next step the Ceremony and then the passport application. I just hope when I get to that stage, I won't have to go to an interview....

At the moment, I'm just taking it one step at a time and will cross that bridge when I get to it. Can't believe that I've been in the UK for 6 years already!!!

SK1

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sun May 06, 2007 11:16 am

thanks for the reply champion,

i will contact the HO and NCS first thing tuesday morning.

SK1

Post by SK1 » Sun May 06, 2007 11:20 am

champion wrote:
Congrates SK1. It was indeed a good news. Hopefully on Tuesday I will have a good news for you.
When I applied I thought it would take 3 months for processing but I was worrying that I didn't even got the ack letter.
Anyways don't leave us alone here keep visit this forum regularly.
Good luck
Thanks champion,

I will not disappear from this forum or this thread. I know how you feel, but I think as soon as your application reaches a caseworker, it will go quick.

First they got to debit your card, but all in all (thinking about how long my wife's POSTAL application and mine took) I'd say if you've been waiting for over 2-3 months without anything happening, then you can really start worrying. But for now, just wait and keep positive.

The HO seems backed up at the moment with loads of applications. They received mine on the 20 Feb and I only got the approval letter yesterday (05/05/07) in the post. I think any applications received in March, especially close to the fee-increase deadline, will only get approval 2.5 to 3 months later (June/July). Just an estimate if it is a straightforward case as well.

Hang in there.

SK1

Unwanted
Newly Registered

Post by Unwanted » Mon May 07, 2007 10:44 am

Unwanted wrote:Having got my naturalisation pretty quickly, my wife has made her application and that, for some reason, seems to be taking more time.

Application submitted through : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 8 March 2007
CRITERIA - Spouse, 3 years
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 14 March 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :16 March 2007
Date of receipt of approval : Waiting
Date of receipt of invitations : Waiting
Date of Ceremony : Waiting
Date of appln. for passport : Waiting

Is there anyone else with a Spouse application who is seeing waiting times longer than the NCS average of 3 - 4 weeks (based on this thread)?
UPDATE:
Date of submission or posting : 8 March 2007
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 14 March 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :16 March 2007
Date of receipt of approval : 4 May 2007 (dated 25th April 2007)
Date of receipt of invitations : 3 May 2007
Date of Ceremony : 5 May 2007 (Private)
Date of appln. for passport : 5 May 2007
Date of receipt of passport : Waiting

Roughly 2 months for a spouse application via NCS. No idea what the hold up was for.

champion

Post by champion » Tue May 08, 2007 10:13 am

champion wrote:
To Confirm that my assumption was correct. This morning I saw x amount in pending transaction and in the afternoon it was x+n amount. I was expecting this n amount.
Ofcourse it depends on Credit card to Credit card (and merchant to merchant)

Cheers
Guys the amount I mentioned above was £268 however it is still showing as pending. I guess my credit card keep the transacrion in pending status for 5 days. Once it cleared I will update my status.
I am glad they think my application worth considering
Cheers

champion

Post by champion » Tue May 08, 2007 10:17 am

rogerroger wrote:thanks for the reply,

i submitted the form at the NCS on the 31st, so i should be paying 268, correct?

Should i call the NCS or the home office, from the posts i have read it seems that people are having a grand time contacting the home office.

I have gone through a few posts and it seems that a number of members of the forum have not received any acknowledgement, nor has the payment been deducted from their account (perhaps because there is a lot of load on the HO workers). so there is no need to be concerned, correct?

can you point me to mr.tekaweni's original post?
Please visit http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=700
and scroll down for Tekaweni's post Sorry I misspelt user name.
Teakweni regularly watch this post so you can get a reply from him directly

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Tue May 08, 2007 11:40 am

Hi guys, just back from a holiday weekend so sorry I couldnt respond sooner.

Rogerroger, I *think* you'll be paying only (only!) £268 but in my son's case the HO had received the application before the cut-off date for the new fees so there could be no argument about timing. However, in your case the NCS had received it by due date but not the HO.

Now I dont know which date counts as 'received', the NCS or the HO itself. Which amount did your debit/credit card receipt from the NCS say? I would be extremely surprised if that same amount was not the amount required by HO. After all, the NCS is an accredited collection point for applications, an extension of the HO in that regard.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten

nouasser
Newly Registered

Post by nouasser » Tue May 08, 2007 3:54 pm

Date of submission or posting : 11 Jan 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 25 Jan 2007 (dated on 19 Jan)

Did someone wait so long to get approval letter ? Sould I be worried and call the HO to check if somthing is wrong ?

Many thanks for your help

Nouasser

champion

Post by champion » Tue May 08, 2007 4:05 pm

nouasser wrote:Application submitted through : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 11 Jan 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 25 Jan 2007 (dated on 19 Jan)

Did someone wait so long to get approval letter ? Sould I be worried and call the HO to check if somthing is wrong ?

Many thanks for your help

Nouasser
There is no harm in calling them who knows they will tell you something which can speed up the process.
It could be they tried to contact you for some info and that communication got lost in post and they are still waiting.
as far as u dont call them every other day it is fine.
Technically u should not be calling them if ur app is less then 6 months, but this is OK.
just ask them politely and say that you were away from place for couple of weeks so was wondering if you missed any communication or anything and the person will look into ur records and if there is anything worth sharing with you he might do.
but this is just my opinion.

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Tue May 08, 2007 4:34 pm

I called them to enquire about my application and they point blank refused to look at it as my application is made only 2 months back. It all depends on who is on the other end.

nouasser
Newly Registered

Post by nouasser » Tue May 08, 2007 4:39 pm

Many thanks Champion
You are right no harm to call them. I will do it. I'm from Morocco. Do you think it affects the processing time of my application ?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue May 08, 2007 4:44 pm

champion wrote: I am checking my Card every hour (online) to see if they deducted money.
That's like watching a pot of water to see when it boils

champion

Post by champion » Tue May 08, 2007 5:12 pm

SYH wrote:
That's like watching a pot of water to see when it boils
Yes and it boiled :)