ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:12 pm

@kukuwife thanks for your wishes.

east579new

Post by east579new » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:54 pm

nilemarques wrote:Hi guys. Quick question on behalf of someone I know. They put in an application which was refused within 2 months sometime this year ( imagine I had to wait 16 months). The person has just received a letter from Capita ( which I incidently haven't received as of yet). The person has put in a JR for removal directions and is yet to receive a reply from HO. Question is, what should they do about the Capita idiots who thrive on the misfortunes of others. Are they obliged to fill in the form and return it to Capita or just tell em to eff off. I do understand that Capita get paid for making contact with someone who then replies to them. Thinking of suggesting to the person not to reply so that they won't have the pleasure of being paid. What do you think? I remember Keisha getting a text. Has anyone received the letter form?
Please read lovelife324 response in this link to put your mind at rest it sums it up the best

http://www.ukresident.com/forums/topic/ ... to-remain/

But i will repeat THEY HAVE NO POWERS OF ARREST NOTHING YOU DONT HAVE TO GIVE THEM THE TIME OF DAY TELL THEM TO F OFF THE MILK MAN HAS MORE POWER THEY OPERATE A PAYMENT BY RESUTLS MODEL (THEY ARE BOUNTY HUNTERS) and if CAPITA are harrasing you that says alot about immigration enforcement ie THERE IS NONE lol

DO NOT BE SCARED OF THESE PEOPLE DO NOT TALK TO THEM ACKNOWLAGE THEM LET THEM IN YOUR HOME OR ANYTHING JUST PRETEND THERE NOT THERE. one more time THEY HAVE NO POWER.

I personaly have never had the pleasure of dealing with them but if they come knocking at your door i would imagine they use the same type of guys they use for there debt collection buisness you know big fat and very intimadateing (the night club bouncer, baliff look) all fat and no brains.

they will tell you lies like how they will get you arrested blah blah blah its all lies NO POWER OF ARREST NO LEGAL POWERS AT ALL do not under any circumstances acknowlage these people ignore ignore ignore. they are just another private company with thre nose in the uk goverment money trough.

Even if they keep bothering you DO NOT SEND CAPITA ANY COPIES OF ANY LEGAL DOCUMENTS OR ANYTHING RELATEING TO YOUR CASE WHY?

because its none of there buisness thats why tell them nothing,there is no legal requirement to tell these people anything they are a private company NOT the goverment.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:50 pm

[quote="east579new"][quote="nilemarques"]Hi guys. Quick question on behalf of someone I know. They put in an application which was refused within 2 months sometime this year ( imagine I had to wait 16 months). The person has just received a letter from Capita ( which I incidently haven't received as of yet). The person has put in a JR for removal directions and is yet to receive a reply from HO. Question is, what should they do about the Capita idiots who thrive on the misfortunes of others. Are they obliged to fill in the form and return it to Capita or just tell em to eff off. I do understand that Capita get paid for making contact with someone who then replies to them. Thinking of suggesting to the person not to reply so that they won't have the pleasure of being paid. What do you think? I remember Keisha getting a text. Has anyone received the letter form?[/quote]

Please read lovelife324 response in this link to put your mind at rest it sums it up the best

http://www.ukresident.com/forums/topic/ ... to-remain/

But i will repeat THEY HAVE NO POWERS OF ARREST NOTHING YOU DONT HAVE TO GIVE THEM THE TIME OF DAY TELL THEM TO F OFF THE MILK MAN HAS MORE POWER THEY OPERATE A PAYMENT BY RESUTLS MODEL (THEY ARE BOUNTY HUNTERS) and if CAPITA are harrasing you that says alot about immigration enforcement ie THERE IS NONE lol

DO NOT BE SCARED OF THESE PEOPLE DO NOT TALK TO THEM ACKNOWLAGE THEM LET THEM IN YOUR HOME OR ANYTHING JUST PRETEND THERE NOT THERE. one more time THEY HAVE NO POWER.

I personaly have never had the pleasure of dealing with them but if they come knocking at your door i would imagine they use the same type of guys they use for there debt collection buisness you know big fat and very intimadateing (the night club bouncer, baliff look) all fat and no brains.

they will tell you lies like how they will get you arrested blah blah blah its all lies NO POWER OF ARREST NO LEGAL POWERS AT ALL do not under any circumstances acknowlage these people ignore ignore ignore. they are just another private company with thre nose in the uk goverment money trough.

Even if they keep bothering you DO NOT SEND CAPITA ANY COPIES OF ANY LEGAL DOCUMENTS OR ANYTHING RELATEING TO YOUR CASE WHY?

because its none of there buisness thats why tell them nothing,there is no legal requirement to tell these people anything they are a private company NOT the goverment.[/quote]

@East579new. Thanks mate. Exactly what I thought!

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:53 pm

summer2013 wrote:
verbina wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
26.Mr Malik referred me to the statutory guidance of November 2009 issued under s.55 of the BCI Act 2009 ("Every Child Matters Change For Children") in particular at para 2.7 which, he submitted, imposed an obligation upon the UKBA to act in accordance with the principles stated therein as follows:
Oh dear it looks like Lawyers do invoke article 12 of CRC afterall. Judges and the HO are on crack or blue meth. If it does go to Strasbourg the judgement will be over turned no doubt.
Yeah but who can actually afford to go to Strasbourg these days.... :cry:

@summer2013 You just keep your chin up luvvie!!! Im totally in the same boat overstayed all these years, not paid a penny in taxes....
Im sure your lawyer knows what he's doing, so just hang in there for now princess! Your Article 8 is growing stronger with each day! Remember @Time503 and another lady here, they had similar stories and had been refused and eventually they had been granted!! x
verbina thankyou very much for the moral support darling. you will celebrate your success very soon!!!!

The thing is im just trying to think about other options while waiting for the court, the outcome can also be negative so we need to be prepared at what the next action will be. The worst thing this bloody process takes so long and i cannot imagine myself after waiting for a year and then back to step one :evil:

[[b]b]HAVENT HAD ANY OPPINION FROM ENYONE HERE ABOUT APPLYING FOR CITIZENSHIP FOR MY SON WHO WASNT BORN HERE BUT CAME HERE AT THE AGE OF 2 ???

has any of you heard about this from your llowyers?
@summer I know babe, its best to be prepared for the worst, while hoping for the best! But as hard as it is to have to wait another year or more, then go back to step one, the case for you and your child is going to be even stronger!

Hopefully our wise folk on here can answer your query about applying for your child's citizenship!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

olapoint101

Hi

Post by olapoint101 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi guys,
I'm still waiting for my decision,since last year October.is there any applicant that still waiting since September 2012,just tired of this waiting stuff

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:46 am

[quote="verbina"][quote="summer2013"][quote="verbina"][quote="Believe2013"][quote]26.Mr Malik referred me to the statutory guidance of November 2009 issued under s.55 of the BCI Act 2009 ("Every Child Matters Change For Children") in particular at para 2.7 which, he submitted, imposed an obligation upon the UKBA to act in accordance with the principles stated therein as follows: [/quote]

Oh dear it looks like Lawyers do invoke article 12 of CRC afterall. Judges and the HO are on crack or blue meth. If it does go to Strasbourg the judgement will be over turned no doubt.[/quote]

[b]@summer2013[/b] You just keep your chin up luvvie!!! Im totally in the same boat overstayed all these years, not paid a penny in taxes....
Im sure your lawyer knows what he's doing, so just hang in there for now princess! Your Article 8 is growing stronger with each day! Remember @Time503 and another lady here, they had similar stories and had been refused and eventually they had been granted!! x[/quote]

verbina thankyou very much for the moral support darling. you will celebrate your success very soon!!!!

The thing is im just trying to think about other options while waiting for the court, the outcome can also be negative so we need to be prepared at what the next action will be. The worst thing this bloody process takes so long and i cannot imagine myself after waiting for a year and then back to step one :evil:

[[[b]b]b]HAVENT HAD ANY OPPINION FROM ENYONE HERE ABOUT APPLYING FOR CITIZENSHIP FOR MY SON WHO WASNT BORN HERE BUT CAME HERE AT THE AGE OF 2 ???[/b]

has any of you heard about this from your llowyers?[/quote]

@summer I know babe, its best to be prepared for the worst, while hoping for the best! But as hard as it is to have to wait another year or more, then go back to step one, the case for you and your child is going to be even stronger!

Hopefully our wise folk on here can answer your query about applying for your child's citizenship![/quote]

@Summer. On what basis would your son be applying? Has he held continuous leave for a certain period of time since entry to the UK to make him eligible for citizenship?

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:42 am

@ Kukuwife! Pliz check your inbox!

Also, here's another recent case where an appeal has been allowed..

https://tribunals-servicegovuk-producti ... ___ors.pdf

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:56 am

nilemarques wrote:@ Kukuwife! Pliz check your inbox!

Thanks for the link.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

verbina
United Kingdom

Re: Hi

Post by verbina » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:29 am

olapoint101 wrote:Hi guys,
I'm still waiting for my decision,since last year October.is there any applicant that still waiting since September 2012,just tired of this waiting stuff
@olapoint Dont worry, you re not the only one hun! @Ale and @Rina had been waiting over 16 months and @dapsonlee shares your timeline.
Have you tried getting your MP involved?
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:41 am

Good morning Forum!!!!!! hope this new week brings more good news, good luck everyone, stay positive. @nile and kukuwife what you make of this new judgement?does this case is similiar to ours?

ale001

Post by ale001 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:40 am

I'm sick of UKBA

on 4th Nov 2013, they sent me a letter that they will dispatch decision in the next 2 weeks. Now its 3 weeks, nothing yet...

:( :( :(

Ale001

MRLAOLU
Nigeria

Post by MRLAOLU » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:53 am

nilemarques wrote:@ Kukuwife! Pliz check your inbox!

Thank you very @Nilesmarques!

This case mirrored my case as my family and I also applied pre Dec 13 2012. My appeal is coming up soon and I shall be mentioning this case at the First Tier Tribunal hearing as luckily the Upper Tribunal decisions are binding on the First Tier Tribunal. Thanks mate.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:57 am

ale001 wrote:I'm sick of UKBA

on 4th Nov 2013, they sent me a letter that they will dispatch decision in the next 2 weeks. Now its 3 weeks, nothing yet...

Why don't you call them since is three weeks

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:28 pm

[quote="Shondra Sharma"]Good morning Forum!!!!!! hope this new week brings more good news, good luck everyone, stay positive. @nile and kukuwife what you make of this new judgement?does this case is similiar to ours?[/quote]

@ Shondra. Yeah the case is pretty similar but as we've said before, depends on who the judge is. Every case is different in its own sense but judgements like these give us a glimmer of hope. As for you, just keep praying and take it a step at a time. Wait for your son's application and see how that turns out. It will most definately make a stronger case. Have you by any chance heard from anyone who has gone through that process on how long it normally takes? My fear would be that they would try to drag their feet on the application probably because they would know of your present situation. They are very slimy people! They can take advantage of a person in distress!

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:36 pm

nilemarques wrote:
verbina wrote:
summer2013 wrote:
verbina wrote:

@summer2013 You just keep your chin up luvvie!!! Im totally in the same boat overstayed all these years, not paid a penny in taxes....
Im sure your lawyer knows what he's doing, so just hang in there for now princess! Your Article 8 is growing stronger with each day! Remember @Time503 and another lady here, they had similar stories and had been refused and eventually they had been granted!! x

[[b]b]HAVENT HAD ANY OPPINION FROM ENYONE HERE ABOUT APPLYING FOR CITIZENSHIP FOR MY SON WHO WASNT BORN HERE BUT CAME HERE AT THE AGE OF 2 ???

has any of you heard about this from your llowyers?

Hopefully our wise folk on here can answer your query about applying for your child's citizenship!
@Summer. On what basis would your son be applying? Has he held continuous leave for a certain period of time since entry to the UK to make him eligible for citizenship?
nilemarques my son has never had any type of leave but some solicitors sugesst its worth a try as he has lived here from the age of 2 for 10 years!!

@verbina if 10 years dont count then another year wouldn't make much difference really.

thankyou very much for your responses verbina + nilemarques
solisitors confuse as more sometimes
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:15 pm

[quote="MRLAOLU"][quote="nilemarques"]@ Kukuwife! Pliz check your inbox!

https://tribunals-servicegovuk-producti ... ___ors.pdf[/quote]

Thank you very @Nilesmarques!

This case mirrored my case as my family and I also applied pre Dec 13 2012. My appeal is coming up soon and I shall be mentioning this case at the First Tier Tribunal hearing as luckily the Upper Tribunal decisions are binding on the First Tier Tribunal. Thanks mate.[/quote]

No problem@ MrLaolu! Good luck! Wish you all the best!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:41 pm

[quote="summer2013"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="verbina"][quote="summer2013"][quote="verbina"][quote="Believe2013"][quote]26.Mr Malik referred me to the statutory guidance of November 2009 issued under s.55 of the BCI Act 2009 ("Every Child Matters Change For Children") in particular at para 2.7 which, he submitted, imposed an obligation upon the UKBA to act in accordance with the principles stated therein as follows: [/quote]

Oh dear it looks like Lawyers do invoke article 12 of CRC afterall. Judges and the HO are on crack or blue meth. If it does go to Strasbourg the judgement will be over turned no doubt.[/quote]

[b]@summer2013[/b] You just keep your chin up luvvie!!! Im totally in the same boat overstayed all these years, not paid a penny in taxes....
Im sure your lawyer knows what he's doing, so just hang in there for now princess! Your Article 8 is growing stronger with each day! Remember @Time503 and another lady here, they had similar stories and had been refused and eventually they had been granted!! x[/quote]

[[[b]b]b]HAVENT HAD ANY OPPINION FROM ENYONE HERE ABOUT APPLYING FOR CITIZENSHIP FOR MY SON WHO WASNT BORN HERE BUT CAME HERE AT THE AGE OF 2 ???[/b]

has any of you heard about this from your llowyers?[/quote]

Hopefully our wise folk on here can answer your query about applying for your child's citizenship![/quote]

@Summer. On what basis would your son be applying? Has he held continuous leave for a certain period of time since entry to the UK to make him eligible for citizenship?[/quote]

nilemarques my son has never had any type of leave but some solicitors sugesst its worth a try as he has lived here from the age of 2 for 10 years!!

@verbina if 10 years dont count then another year wouldn't make much difference really.

thankyou very much for your responses verbina + nilemarques
solisitors confuse as more sometimes[/quote]

@Summer! I stand to be corrected but my view on the suggestion by some solicitors to you seems to reek of a "ker-ching!!!" moment for them without thinking of the effect it might have on you. As I said, I stand to be corrected but I haven't as yet come across that in the new rules or in the old rules unless of course they've had valid leave to remain. My honest opinion is that I think that would be a backward step as they will likely refuse and then you go back to the drawing board and apply again using the FLR(O) route! I dunno, maybe others here on the forum can enlighten us!

Ma logo
Newly Registered

Post by Ma logo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:44 pm

Hello everyone. l was here a while ago asking a question about me receiving a call from Glasgow to confirm my address. Case refused in July, ( waiting for 16 months, British Partner and child) and didn't proceed with anything e.g JR. Today l got a letter to start signing, Anyone with a clue on wats happening??

Keisha, Believe 2013??

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:39 pm

Ma logo wrote:Hello everyone. l was here a while ago asking a question about me receiving a call from Glasgow to confirm my address. Case refused in July, ( waiting for 16 months, British Partner and child) and didn't proceed with anything e.g JR. Today l got a letter to start signing, Anyone with a clue on wats happening??

Keisha, Believe 2013??
1. For the is.96 go ahead. If you refuse to go and sign it can be use against you.
2. In my own opinion why not put in another application. You waited 16months for your application to be decided + 6months from July. That should give you more chance to succeed with your new application

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Kukuwife wrote:
Ma logo wrote:Hello everyone. l was here a while ago asking a question about me receiving a call from Glasgow to confirm my address. Case refused in July, ( waiting for 16 months, British Partner and child) and didn't proceed with anything e.g JR. Today l got a letter to start signing, Anyone with a clue on wats happening??

Keisha, Believe 2013??
1. For the is.96 go ahead. If you refuse to go and sign it can be use against you.
2. In my own opinion why not put in another application. You waited 16months for your application to be decided + 6months from July. That should give you more chance to succeed with your new application
Hi, I agree with Kukuwife on both points, with putting in a new application and ref refusing to sign in.

All the best

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:05 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:

Keisha, Believe 2013??
Hi, I agree with Kukuwife on both points, with putting in a new application and ref refusing to sign in.

All the best[/quot

Yes,i agreed,there is nothing they can do to you once you have British partner and a child,continue signing on,i signed on once every week for 5yrs and 6 months before i was given leave,make a new application as they said,you will be fine.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:04 am

Keisha, Believe 2013??
It's because you didn't do anything since July. Go for signing its just to know u are still in the country. I urge you to put in a new application. Look at the refusal letter and try and see why u were refused. Make sure u put evidence to back Ur initial refusal. All the best
Godgives

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:59 am

Keisha, Believe 2013??
I got the same letter through my solicitor, but i did not go. I have a genuine excuse as my reason why i will not go for the signing off-which they knew it.

It has happened to me before and they betrayed me, they detained me and remove me from the UK 3 times. So my solicitor told them that he did not see me and he did not know my whereabouts and that even if he sees me now i cannot not go for signing because i don't trust them anymore. Thats why i've been using my solicitor's address because i can never trust UKBA anymore. I've heard this from different solicitors that if you trust UKBA, then you're lost.

My application is now over 1 year and 6 months, and i reported them to Theresa May, It was after then i got letter 3 weeks ago that they apologize for the delay in my application and they promised they will dispatch decision to me in the next 2 weeks. Now the 2 weeks is over and i still never get the decision. Its now over 3 weeks.

I am tired of this people... sick of heavy scared, panic, stress... :(
Ale001

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:28 am

Kukuwife wrote:hatchsead- hope you are ok
Thanks for asking, am doing great. I am just trying to set up a online e-commerce business to keep busy and soul together while waiting on HO.

I hope you are doing fine yourself? Am sorry for being away for too long but i do find time to sneak in and follow up with what is happening here.

It is well with us all!
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:02 pm

hatchsead wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:hatchsead- hope you are ok
Thanks for asking, am doing great. I am just trying to set up a online e-commerce business to keep busy and soul together while waiting on HO.

I hope you are doing fine yourself? Am sorry for being away for too long but i do find time to sneak in and follow up with what is happening here.

It is well with us all!
am glad you are fine. hopefully you Will soon share your good news with us