ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harryisababy
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by harryisababy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:04 am

Applied for Set M on 16 Sep, Bio done through app on 24 Sep.

Is it likely to see the result before end of year? Thx

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:20 am

harryisababy wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:04 am

Up to this moment, they have not touched September SET(M) applications or even very late Aug who have received the eligibility email with us (29/30/31 Aug). I think they would start processing few by December, however, it is going to be really random (as it has always been) no chronological order within the month. I am 04/09 applicant and I still think October/November applicants might get decision before I do (if I will be unlucky enough). Just my own thought, put in mind it is 50/50. Although my hope is much less than this, my strategy is to expect the worst lol. All the very best though, you might be lucky to get it before NY. Keep positive if this helps you.

harryisababy
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by harryisababy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:25 am

Thanks for your analysis. Fingers crossed for both of us!

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:44 am

Ameline wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:20 am
harryisababy wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:04 am

Up to this moment, they have not touched September SET(M) applications or even very late Aug who have received the eligibility email with us (29/30/31 Aug). I think they would start processing few by December, however, it is going to be really random (as it has always been) no chronological order within the month. I am 04/09 applicant and I still think October/November applicants might get decision before I do (if I will be unlucky enough). Just my own thought, put in mind it is 50/50. Although my hope is much less than this, my strategy is to expect the worst lol. All the very best though, you might be lucky to get it before NY. Keep positive if this helps you.
great analysis again, would you by any chance know by your spreadsheet or data, if there are many June SET(M)s still waiting or the average days it has been taking for SET(M) to get a decision please?

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:06 am

@debrancherenzym

There are definitely few waiting, I have seen them here and on fb.

The 6 months for all May applicants will be due by 1st of Dec. I think they are trying to clear them up. However, the focus now is definitely on June SET (M) applicants, as this week alone, we have had 1 May approval and 3 June Approvals (this is 75% of the total SET (M) approvals of this week so far).

Just to give you a bespoke analysis lol, the 3 June applicants submission dates were 12, 18 and 28th so your application date is somewhere in the middle of these dates.

As you might know my friend, it is all random for SET(M), you might receive good new anytime between now and 22 Dec (as I doubt they go beyond 6 months wait for you). My feeling says you would get your approval before 1st Dec :D

Best of luck.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:24 am

Ameline wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:06 am
@debrancherenzym

The 6 months for all May applicants will be due by 1st of Dec. I think they are trying to clear them up. However, the focus now is definitely on June SET (M) applicants, as this week alone, we have had 1 May approval and 3 June Approvals (this is 75% of the total SET (M) approvals of this week so far).

Just to give you a bespoke analysis lol, the 3 June applicants submission dates were 12, 18 and 28th so your application date is somewhere in the middle of these dates.

As you might know my friend, it is all random for SET(M), you might receive good new anytime between now and 22 Dec (as I doubt they go beyond 6 months wait for you). My feeling says you would get your approval before 1st Dec :D

Best of luck.
I like your feeling, I'd go with that as well, thanks a lot for the best wishes and your bespoke analysis, hoping this ends soon, fingers crossed, I wasn't even aware we had three SET(M)s this week, must've missed it somehow.

Muyoski
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Muyoski » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:56 pm

Hi Everyone,
Been a silent reader of these forum for over 5 years. The discussions on this particular thread have been very helpful. Thank you to all the active contributors and the "data crunchers" - very on point to predict my decission date.
posted my timeline on the LR ILR timelines - s(ubmitted on 18th August, and Decission email on 19th November) IDV only submission.
Thanks once again

Zayanali
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Zayanali » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:08 pm

Ameline wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:11 am
Zayanali wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:24 am
Sorry I'm not too sure which category my solicitor did everything I had discretionary leave to remain for 6 years
What visa you were on before you applied for ILR? We can guess which category and then help you with the timeline and expectations.
I had discretionary leave to remain for three years

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:13 pm

Zayanali wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:08 pm
Ameline wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:11 am
Zayanali wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:24 am
Sorry I'm not too sure which category my solicitor did everything I had discretionary leave to remain for 6 years
What visa you were on before you applied for ILR? We can guess which category and then help you with the timeline and expectations.
I had discretionary leave to remain for three years
You should not be comparing your timeline with other routes here. Since you had discretionary leave for 6 years and applied ILR then, it can not be compared with other immigration routes discussed here. You should wait patiently.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

azLondon2020
United States of America

Post by azLondon2020 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:28 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:16 pm
dannyjjj wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:13 pm
I was checking the right to work website today and it said “there is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK”! :D My lawyers are not replying yet so I have not yet received any decision emails, but fingers crossed it will be forwarded soon! Can’t believe I’m close to the end of this wait!
What website are you looking on?

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:45 pm

azLondon2020 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:28 pm
What website are you looking on? https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

azLondon2020
United States of America

Post by azLondon2020 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:55 pm

gag285 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:45 pm
azLondon2020 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:28 pm
What website are you looking on? https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
I just checked this website under the option 'I have a UK Visas and Immigration account' and when I put in my information, it said I do not have an account, did I do something wrong. Should I contact the HO?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:57 pm

Do you have a valid BRP? If yes, select 'I have a biometric residence card or permit' and proceed
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

mahaveer
Newly Registered

Post by mahaveer » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:11 pm

Hi All,

I was eligible for ILR since 6th April but could not apply before lockdown happened and on June 4th applied when they opened back. Applied for ILR for me and my wife together.
More 15days to go to complete 6 months and hoping that I get it before that.

Our company has premium account with Home Office and that means we have dedicated account manager within HomeOffice for our organization and earlier this account manager was able to speed up process if they are stuck anywhere and has got quick responses to applications (before covid) and now their internal mechanism allows to raise complain only if 6months and no response is received, know this as our company's immigration team approached and got this response.

The delays that has been noted for applications within our organization is for those applying with dependents and not for those who have done individual application, for them it was received in 2months.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:23 pm

mahaveer wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:11 pm
Hi All,

I was eligible for ILR since 6th April but could not apply before lockdown happened and on June 4th applied when they opened back. Applied for ILR for me and my wife together.

Our company has premium account with Home Office and that means we have dedicated account manager within HomeOffice for our organization and earlier this account manager was able to speed up process if they are stuck anywhere and has got quick responses to applications (before covid) and now their internal mechanism allows to raise complain only if 6months and no response is received, know this as our company's immigration team approached and got this response.

The delays that has been noted for applications within our organization is for those applying with dependents and not for those who have done individual application, for them it was received in 2months.
Not questioning the assertion but what exactly could the reasons for not being able to process dependents be. I think most dependents (on PBS before 2018) don't need to be checked for absences. The only three checks are LITUK, English Knowledge and Cohabitation, proof of which is included as part of the application. Their relationship status accepted as proof when they were granted last leave. I applied with my spouse and although they qualified late last year on Long Residence basis, I thought it will be easier to apply together on Set (O). In retrospect it was such a foolish decision.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:28 pm

mahaveer wrote:
Hi All,

Yes dependents tend to slow down the approval for SET(O).

You have just now answered a question that we have asked for so long; which is why SET(O) is faster than any other route. You have confirmed saying "Our company has premium account with Home Office and that means we have dedicated account manager within HomeOffice for our organization and earlier this account manager was able to speed up process if they are stuck anywhere and has got quick responses to applications (before covid)"

Hope you and your wife will get approval soon.

azLondon2020
United States of America

Post by azLondon2020 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:38 pm

That's great to hear! Do you mean 2 months from the application submission date or 2 months from biometrics submission?

mahaveer
Newly Registered

Post by mahaveer » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:49 pm

azLondon2020 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:38 pm
That's great to hear! Do you mean 2 months from the application submission date or 2 months from biometrics submission?
2 months from application submission date.

Satyat
Newly Registered
India

Post by Satyat » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:55 pm

Hi All,

I had standard Biometric appointment on 2nd November 2020 in Birmingham.
Extension for four : Me, Spouse two kids[7yrs,2yrs].

So far i haven't got any email on decision nor any updates.
Some of my friend who applied for BRP extension after me( 3rd, 4th and 5th November) got there BRP extension within 10 days.

I believe Sopra Steria UKCAS is conducting the Biometric for VISA extension.

My Visa Type : General Tier 2

Any idea how i can track or know the status of my application and the reason for delay.
Any links or contact will be very much helpful.

Thanks in advance.

mahaveer
Newly Registered

Post by mahaveer » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:56 pm

gag285 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:23 pm
mahaveer wrote:
Hi All,

Not questioning the assertion but what exactly could the reasons for not being able to process dependents be. I think most dependents (on PBS before 2018) don't need to be checked for absences. The only three checks are LITUK, English Knowledge and Cohabitation, proof of which is included as part of the application. Their relationship status accepted as proof when they were granted last leave. I applied with my spouse and although they qualified late last year on Long Residence basis, I thought it will be easier to apply together on Set (O). In retrospect it was such a foolish decision.
There is just some unknown concern with Home Office on dependents!
Earlier when I had a Tier 2 General extension, our company recommended we do it separately for this reason and I got mine in a week and then applied for my wife on the same route but got hers post 12 weeks and that too after we got the MP involved. No understanding on why such a concern with dependent applications. For ILR we could not do it separately because of Covid and the visa expiry coming close for both.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:56 pm

mahaveer wrote:
Hi All,

I have a couple of friends who applied with dependents and got a decision in under a week. This was before half term last month of course. So, not sure if there is a pattern but you seem to have more info.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:34 pm

mahaveer wrote:
Hi All,

Very interesting. Without divulging too much information (of course) I'm assuming your employer is of a significant size. Can you divulge what industry/sector your employer operates in?
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

fabsco
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by fabsco » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:22 pm

Ameline wrote:
@debrancherenzym

Best of luck.
Another SET (M) visa reported on FB today! Application submitted on 03rd June.

MonaB79
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MonaB79 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:47 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:24 am
Ameline wrote:
@debrancherenzym

Best of luck.
I like your feeling, I'd go with that as well, thanks a lot for the best wishes and your bespoke analysis, hoping this ends soon, fingers crossed, I wasn't even aware we had three SET(M)s this week, must've missed it somehow.

Ameline, Will you be able to help me out please? my husbands application date was 16th May and biometrics and documents upload done on 22nd September via the IDV app only. No news since biometrics, it's been 6 months since application and 2 months since biometrics. Husband has applied for FLR.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:30 am

@MonaB79

It is over 6 months since your husband applied for FLR, you have the right to contact them and get updates on your application. You can even get your local MP involved.

You can call them on:

UK Visas and Immigration contact centre
Telephone: 0300 123 2241
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm

or email them, the only email address for FLR that I am aware of is FLRMDocuments@homeoffice.gov.uk

Good luck.