ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:36 am

[quote="olapoint101"]Hi guys..
I just had bad news..my application refused dated yesterday on both partner ,parent and private route.no right of appeal the letter too long,in the refuse letter they stated your application is therefore refused under paragraph D-Ltrp.1.3 and D-Ltrpt.1.3 and I have not spent 20 years in uk.

Ukba send my partner passport and daughter birth certi and supporting document.

I spoke with my solicitors and he want me to apply fresh application..i don't want application yet as I'm going to see him tomorrow.

What do you think guys..is it advanceable to put fresh application.

Thanks guys[/quote]

Don't lose hope Ola! I'm so sorry to hear that! Now remember to keep a calm head and start to look at your options. It's not over yet!!

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:40 am

dapsonlee wrote:
olapoint101 wrote:Hi guys..
I just had bad news..my application refused dated yesterday on both partner ,parent and private route.no right of appeal the letter too long,in the refuse letter they stated your application is therefore refused under paragraph D-Ltrp.1.3 and D-Ltrpt.1.3 and I have not spent 20 years in uk.

I spoke with my solicitors and he want me to apply fresh application..i don't want application yet as I'm going to see him tomorrow.

Thanks guys

So sorry to hear of this olapoint101. This is absolutely devastating. I believe before you decide to go with your solicitor (who may seem to be right), you are better off understanding the reason(s) for the refusal. I don't believe it can be just the 20years if your patent and child are of British origin. Please do let us know if you wish that is,if any further reason was given. Delay is not denial and God is never late. Pls don't despair as we are here and keeping you in prayers.
I am waiting on the tribunal at the moment.
Godgives

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:43 am

Thanks guys
Am so sorry about Ur refusal. Hope is not lost. Do get as much advice from Ur solicitor so you know the best option for you next. All the best
Godgives

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:28 am

GodGives wrote:

Thanks guys
Am so sorry about Ur refusal. Hope is not lost. Do get as much advice from Ur solicitor so you know the best option for you next. All the best
@olapoint sorry about your refusal hun! Please dont despair! Let us know what your solicitor has to say about it! Good luck!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

tei123

Post by tei123 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:39 am

Good morning guys,It's been ages i login,1st of all i want to say sorry for all those who has been refused,don't give up pls take it cool and weigh all the available options you have trust me there is always away when there seems not .and congrats to all whose application has been granted and best of luck to those waiting.have a great day. :D :D

God's Authority

Hello

Post by God's Authority » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:14 pm

Hello Everyone

Olapoint, am truly sorry about the news, please dont be dismayed,just press on for the best. I believe all will fall in place for you.

Am sorry to bother you all but was just wondering if anyone has an idea, am I supposed to recieve an acknowledgment letter from the tribunal that my appeal has been recieved or will it get sent to my lawyer instead? I noticed the payment left my account the third day, I faxed the documents,I called and was told it was recieved but other than that no written confirmation.

Also what do you think about expediting appeals? I am at a cross road, getting closer to my EDD so not sure if that can be accepted as a ''compassionate or compelling reason'' lol. I have heard people say it has to be a matter of life or death before they can expedite a appeal hearing request.

Lastly, anyone knows how long its currently taking to get hearing dates generally now? Any good pro bono lawyer perhaps in the south east London? I would really really appreciate your kind advice please.

Thanks so much.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:46 pm

UPDATE

I just received an email today from the UKBA which says:

Dear ..........

I can confirm that a decision has been made on your case. In the absence of your current address, we have dispatched a letter to your representatives, ........ Solicitors, by Royal Mail, Recorded Delivery reference:............. Please contact them for notice of the decision on your case.

Yours sincerely

Mrs ............

Casework........

But i dont think my solicitor receive the decision yet because i tracked it online on royalmail website, it says come back later Information on your item is not yet available online.

pls pray for me..
am really really scared now...
:? :? :? :? :? :?
Last edited by ale001 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ale001

elastep

Post by elastep » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:48 pm

Thanks guys
Hello everyone! I hope all is well with you.

@olapoint101
So sorry to hear that you got refused. Stay strong and I pray that whatever action you take next will result in a positive outcome for you.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:07 pm

ale001 wrote:UPDATE

Dear ..........

I can confirm that a decision has been made on your case. In the absence of your current address, we have dispatched a letter to your representatives, ........ Solicitors, by Royal Mail, Recorded Delivery reference:............. Please contact them for notice of the decision on your case.

Yours sincerely

Mrs ............

Casework........

But i dont think my solicitor receive the decision yet because i tracked it online on royalmail website, it says come back later Information on your item is not yet available online.

pls pray for me..

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMGOMGMGMGMGMMGMGMGMGM

I will say quick prayer for you right now my friend.. Finally you are getting a response. Its been long as we have similar timespan..

Cant wait to hear all so I am presuming you will be hearing from your solicitor tomorrow.

Oh wow!!!!!!

elastep

Post by elastep » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:39 pm

I just received an email today which says:

Dear ..........

Yours sincerely

Mrs ............

Casework........

pls pray for me..
@ale001
I hope its good news for you. I've got butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. Just wait for the mail to get to your solicitor's office today then contact them tomorrow morning and find out if they have received it.
Outcome:

Goodness&Mercy
Newly Registered

Olapoint101

Post by Goodness&Mercy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:35 pm

So sorry about your refusal but remember that when Man shuts the door ,God opens it.
Scripture passages to encourage you further:

"Behold,I am the LORD,the God of all.IS there anything too hard for Me. Jer 32:27"
" The Lord will fight for you and you shall hold your peace Exo14:14"
May the same God that came to the aid of the Israelite when the enemy was behind and the sea ahead arise and fight your case in Jesus mighty name.

olapoint101

Post by olapoint101 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi guys,
Thanks for all your response..I went to see my solicitors today about the refusal,basically I was refused because I can't proof that I have been living with my partner for 2yrs or more and they re right because I can only proof 17mths but I was expecting the case worker to ask more additional document.

And I'm not sole career of my daughter because I leave with my partner and daughter as family,so I didn't qualify on parent route and I have not live in uk for 20yrs and I have not lost family ties back home,so I didn't qualify on pritave route aswel.

The solicitors decision is for me to reapply flro since I can meet the 2yrs living together and I got child and expecting another child with my partner with some more document and evidence to show where are still together,so they can't expect me to leave this country and leave my family,which i will never do.but the problem is money but will help

My question is..

is it adviceable for fresh flro or jr or reconsiderion with some new evidence because solicitors asking the money i don't have.

Any advice will be highly appreciated

Thanks.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:29 pm

olapoint101 wrote:Hi guys,
Thanks for all your response..I went to see my solicitors today about the refusal,basically I was refused because I can't proof that I have been living with my partner for 2yrs or more and they re right because I can only proof 17mths but I was expecting the case worker to ask more additional document.

And I'm not sole career of my daughter because I leave with my partner and daughter as family,so I didn't qualify on parent route and I have not live in uk for 20yrs and I have not lost family ties back home,so I didn't qualify on pritave route aswel.

The solicitors decision is for me to reapply flro since I can meet the 2yrs living together and I got child and expecting another child with my partner with some more document and evidence to show where are still together,so they can't expect me to leave this country and leave my family,which i will never do.but the problem is money but will help

My question is..

is it adviceable for fresh flro or jr or reconsiderion with some new evidence because solicitors asking the money i don't have.

Thanks.
Mr Ola, am really really sorry about your refusal. I still believe you will eventually granted. I also believe half bread is better than non, and to my view and understanding, i think it is advisable to go for the 2 years living together, since you can meet the 2yrs living together and you also got child and expecting another child with your partner, and advantage is that you have some more document and evidence to show you are still together

Don't worry, God is with you. Whether they like it or not, they must grant you.

The UKBA also sent me a letter today that they have dispatched a decision to my solicitor, so i will ring my solicitor tomorrow to confirm if he receive it yet. All we need is PUSH.

P- Pray
U-Until
S-Something
H-Happen

We must continue to Pray Until Something Happen..
Ale001

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Dear ..........

Yours sincerely

Mrs ............

Casework........

pls pray for me..
I have always prayed that you will be a reference point for those of us in the article 8 division on private life. I pray that this is the answer and also the end of the journey. It will be a testimony in Jesus name bro.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:18 pm

olapoint101 wrote:Hi guys,

My question is..

Thanks.

I am very happy the solicitor did not tell you to go through the JR route. If you believe that the 2 years can be proven to the teeth, i believe the solicitor has perhaps pointed you in the right direction. But then again be very confident with the path you choose to walk on perhaps by asking one or two more solicitors before journeying down the path. A clearer mind gives a better understanding to give a better solution in order to reach a favourable goal. The Lord is with you Olapoint101

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:22 pm

Sorry for those who have been refused, hope you will come through in the end. Good luck for those who are waiting.

I apply as single on private /family life and long residence grounds. I have been granted after 15 years in UK and almost 18 months of waiting.

Many thanks to everybody in this forum and everybody who have contributed to this wonderful space.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:59 pm

Seneca wrote:Sorry for those who have been refused, hope you will come through in the end. Good luck for those who are waiting.

I apply as single on private /family life and long residence grounds. I have been granted after 15 years in UK and almost 18 months of waiting.

Many thanks to everybody in this forum and everybody who have contributed to this wonderful space.
Congratulations enjoy your freedom
Your expectation will manifest very soon

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

FLR O application refused

Post by amjadleeds » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:13 pm

Seneca wrote:Sorry for those who have been refused, hope you will come through in the end. Good luck for those who are waiting.

Hi dear,

My family flro application refused, even my application is undersidation from last 14 months, my kids here 9 years, and mself twelve years, please can you share what your stay was, when you applied, because they are taking long time.

Your sharing information will be helpful to reduce stress level.

Regards

elastep

Post by elastep » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:20 pm

@Seneca
Congratulation!! I'm very happy for you and good luck to you.
Please can you tell us your story and what documents you used to support your applicaton so that all the single people who feel that there is no hope for them will know what to include when making their application.
Thanks in advance and stay blessed.
Outcome:

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Kukuwife wrote: Congratulations enjoy your freedom
Thank you kukuwife, i trust that The God almighty will see you home and everybody who is waiting or appealing.

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:26 am

elastep wrote:
@Seneca
Please can you tell us your story and what documents you used to support your applicaton so that all the single people who feel that there is no hope for them will know what to include when making their application.
amjadleeds wrote: Hi dear,
My family flro application refused, even my application is undersidation from last 14 months, my kids here 9 years, and mself twelve years, please can you share what your stay was, when you applied, because they are taking long time. Your sharing information will be helpful to reduce stress level.
Regard
@ amjadleeds and elastep thank you and best of luck to both of you.

Here my story in brief.

Came to UK late 1990s as teen i, went to school and college, after few legal years i became illegal due to financial difficult and i had to drop out of Uni. Then works for years until asked for documents.

After that just did everything to survive:- trading on eBay, Amazon, Sunday market, car booting, stock market trading, Mow lawns, painting and decorating, distributing leaflets for business plus few months living on garage and tiny stores.

Anyway i apply based on length of stay in UK, Private life, Family life, Strong Connection with this country culturally socially and the fact that all my adult years were spent here. I also mention my lack of meaningful ties with my country of origin. There one case law which defined what it means by meaningful ties which is more than speaking the language or have relative.

I quote these case laws and how my length of stay in UK fit in with private life and family life policies and guidelines. I asked them apply their own policies with fairness, sense of justice and proportionality.

I also write a letter explained why i should be granted and what i have done so far despite hardships i had faced. And that given the chance to live and work freely i have no doubt i will make substantial contribution and British Society in many levels. And i outline how i will do that.

I provided plenty of documents accounting for almost every month from late 1990s to 2012. The documents included high school, college, uni, adult education centre, subscriptions, P45, P60, wages slips, Bank Statements, eBay activities, receipts from church tithes, emails printout sent and received from government departments and other authorities, GP letters. Contracts i signed with other people and companies, Gym cards, NI contributions letters.BT, SKY, TV license and other mobile phones bills, tesco club card, printout of my library activities etc.

But last week they asked me to provide original passport and more info for year 1999 and 2012 – 2013 within 10 days time which i did provide on the same day and 7 days later they granted me. That’s all in nutshell.

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:56 am

@amjadleeds
All is not lost for you and your family. If you are successful in your application. Your wife and children can then apply as your dependent. Also by the time they decide you case your children might have clock 10 years. You can then register them as BC. You lawyer can draft stronger arguments for the whole family based on that fact.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:59 am

Seneca wrote:
elastep wrote:
@Seneca
My family flro application refused, even my application is undersidation from last 14 months, my kids here 9 years, and mself twelve years, please can you share what your stay was, when you applied, because they are taking long time. Your sharing information will be helpful to reduce stress level.
Regard

Here my story in brief.

Came to UK late 1990s as teen i, went to school and college, after few legal years i became illegal due to financial difficult and i had to drop out of Uni. Then works for years until asked for documents.

After that just did everything to survive:- trading on eBay, Amazon, Sunday market, car booting, stock market trading, Mow lawns, painting and decorating, distributing leaflets for business plus few months living on garage and tiny stores.

Anyway i apply based on length of stay in UK, Private life, Family life, Strong Connection with this country culturally socially and the fact that all my adult years were spent here. I also mention my lack of meaningful ties with my country of origin. There one case law which defined what it means by meaningful ties which is more than speaking the language or have relative.

I quote these case laws and how my length of stay in UK fit in with private life and family life policies and guidelines. I asked them apply their own policies with fairness, sense of justice and proportionality.

I also write a letter explained why i should be granted and what i have done so far despite hardships i had faced. And that given the chance to live and work freely i have no doubt i will make substantial contribution and British Society in many levels. And i outline how i will do that.

I provided plenty of documents accounting for almost every month from late 1990s to 2012. The documents included high school, college, uni, adult education centre, subscriptions, P45, P60, wages slips, Bank Statements, eBay activities, receipts from church tithes, emails printout sent and received from government departments and other authorities, GP letters. Contracts i signed with other people and companies, Gym cards, NI contributions letters.BT, SKY, TV license and other mobile phones bills, tesco club card, printout of my library activities etc.

But last week they asked me to provide original passport and more info for year 1999 and 2012 – 2013 within 10 days time which i did provide on the same day and 7 days later they granted me. That’s all in nutshell.

Congratulations. What a journey and indeed a great testimony better yet a glorious way to end 2013. Enjoy your earned freedom. God bless you.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:35 am

Seneca wrote:
elastep wrote:
@Seneca
Regard

Here my story in brief.

BIG FAT juicy congratulations indeed. How long were you granted?

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:39 am

dapsonlee wrote: Congratulations. What a journey and indeed a great testimony better yet a glorious way to end 2013. Enjoy your earned freedom. God bless you.
Thank dapsonlee yours is around the corner. May God continue to be with you as well.

Here is case law expanding on the meaning of Ties

"It is well established that for an interference with a right protected under Article 8(1) to be necessary in a democratic society, it must be proportionate to the legitimate aim pursued. The legitimate aim in the present case is prevention of crime and disorder.

We take note of the fact that the use of the phrase “no ties (including social, cultural or family) with the country to which he would have to go if required to leave the UK” is not exclusive to paragraph 399A of the Rules; it is also used in paragraph 276 ADE, in the context of the requirements to met by an applicant for leave to remain based on private life in the United Kingdom when such person has lived in the United Kingdom for less than 20 years.

The natural and ordinary meaning of the word ‘ties’ imports, we think, a concept involving something more than merely remote and abstract links to the country of proposed deportation or removal. It involves there being a continued connection to life in that country; something that ties a claimant to his or her country of origin. If this were not the case then it would appear that a person’s nationality of the country of proposed deportation could of itself lead to a failure to meet the requirements of the rule. This would render the application of the rule, given the context within which it operates, entirely meaningless.

We recognize that the text under the rules is an exacting one. Consideration of whether a person has ‘no ties’ to such country must involve a rounded assessment of all the relevant circumstances and is not to be limited to ‘social, cultural and family’ circumstances. Nevertheless, we are satisfied that the appellant has no ties with Nigeria. He is a stranger to the country, the people, and the way of life. His father may have ties but they are not ties of the appellant or any ties that could result in support to the appellant in the event of his return there. Unsurprisingly, given the length of the appellant’s residence here, all of his ties are with the United Kingdom.

Whilst each case turns on its own facts, circumstances relevant to the assessment of whether a person has ties to the country to which they would have to go if they were required to leave the United Kingdom must include, but are not limited to: the length of time a person has spent in the country to which he would have to go if he were required to leave the United Kingdom, the age that the person left that country, the exposure that person has had to the cultural norms of that country, whether that person speaks the language of the country, the extent of the family and friends that person has in the country to which he is being deported or removed and the quality of the relationships that person has with those friends and family members".

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC ... geria.html