ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:42 am

rina wrote:
BIG FAT juicy congratulations indeed. How long were you granted?
Not sure, i am still waiting for BRP. They just send all documents back and letter informing me i should receive BRP within 7 days. I reckon 2.5 years.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:45 am

Seneca wrote:
rina wrote:
Not sure, i am still waiting for BRP. They just send all documents back and letter informing me i should receive BRP within 7 days. I reckon 2.5 years.
My case is so similar to yours so fingers crossed.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:47 am

rina wrote:
Seneca wrote:
rina wrote:
One more question.. Did you involve the MP's or anything like that?

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:55 am

rina wrote:
rina wrote:
Seneca wrote:
rina wrote:
Yes she write to them on my behalf 4 times. I also write to them directly 6 times. File complaints once to UKBA and i was about to go to Ombudsman when i receive a letter from MP saying they will conclude my case within 6 weeks. My MP has been great help to me.When i wrote to them directly they reply to me with generic answers and to my MP with specific answers to my questions.

Hope you journey will end successful Rina. Goodluck
Last edited by Seneca on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:07 am

Seneca wrote:
rina wrote:
rina wrote:
Seneca wrote:
Yes she write to them on my behalf 4 times. I also write to them directly 6 times. File complaints once to UKBA and i was about to go to Ombudsman when i receive a letter from MP saying they will conclude my case within 6 weeks. My MP has been great help to me.

Thanks Seneca

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:10 am

Seneca wrote:
elastep wrote:
@Seneca
Congratulation!! I'm very happy for you and good luck to you.
Please can you tell us your story and what documents you used to support your applicaton so that all the single people who feel that there is no hope for them will know what to include when making their application.
Thanks in advance and stay blessed.
amjadleeds wrote: Hi dear,
My family flro application refused, even my application is undersidation from last 14 months, my kids here 9 years, and mself twelve years, please can you share what your stay was, when you applied, because they are taking long time. Your sharing information will be helpful to reduce stress level.
Regard
@ amjadleeds and elastep thank you and best of luck to both of you.

Here my story in brief.

Came to UK late 1990s as teen i, went to school and college, after few legal years i became illegal due to financial difficult and i had to drop out of Uni. Then works for years until asked for documents.

After that just did everything to survive:- trading on eBay, Amazon, Sunday market, car booting, stock market trading, Mow lawns, painting and decorating, distributing leaflets for business plus few months living on garage and tiny stores.

Anyway i apply based on length of stay in UK, Private life, Family life, Strong Connection with this country culturally socially and the fact that all my adult years were spent here. I also mention my lack of meaningful ties with my country of origin. There one case law which defined what it means by meaningful ties which is more than speaking the language or have relative.

I quote these case laws and how my length of stay in UK fit in with private life and family life policies and guidelines. I asked them apply their own policies with fairness, sense of justice and proportionality.

I also write a letter explained why i should be granted and what i have done so far despite hardships i had faced. And that given the chance to live and work freely i have no doubt i will make substantial contribution and British Society in many levels. And i outline how i will do that.

I provided plenty of documents accounting for almost every month from late 1990s to 2012. The documents included high school, college, uni, adult education centre, subscriptions, P45, P60, wages slips, Bank Statements, eBay activities, receipts from church tithes, emails printout sent and received from government departments and other authorities, GP letters. Contracts i signed with other people and companies, Gym cards, NI contributions letters.BT, SKY, TV license and other mobile phones bills, tesco club card, printout of my library activities etc.

But last week they asked me to provide original passport and more info for year 1999 and 2012 – 2013 within 10 days time which i did provide on the same day and 7 days later they granted me. That’s all in nutshell.
@Seneca Wow!!! Incredible story! Thank you for sharing this with us!! Biggest congratulations for you ! Have a happy and blessed life ahead!!

PS Did you apply yourself or used a solicitor?
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:18 am

verbina wrote:
Seneca wrote:
elastep wrote:
@Seneca
Please can you tell us your story and what documents you used to support your applicaton so that all the single people who feel that there is no hope for them will know what to include when making their application.
My family flro application refused, even my application is undersidation from last 14 months, my kids here 9 years, and mself twelve years, please can you share what your stay was, when you applied, because they are taking long time. Your sharing information will be helpful to reduce stress level.
Regard

Here my story in brief.

Came to UK late 1990s as teen i, went to school and college, after few legal years i became illegal due to financial difficult and i had to drop out of Uni. Then works for years until asked for documents.

After that just did everything to survive:- trading on eBay, Amazon, Sunday market, car booting, stock market trading, Mow lawns, painting and decorating, distributing leaflets for business plus few months living on garage and tiny stores.

Anyway i apply based on length of stay in UK, Private life, Family life, Strong Connection with this country culturally socially and the fact that all my adult years were spent here. I also mention my lack of meaningful ties with my country of origin. There one case law which defined what it means by meaningful ties which is more than speaking the language or have relative.

I quote these case laws and how my length of stay in UK fit in with private life and family life policies and guidelines. I asked them apply their own policies with fairness, sense of justice and proportionality.

I also write a letter explained why i should be granted and what i have done so far despite hardships i had faced. And that given the chance to live and work freely i have no doubt i will make substantial contribution and British Society in many levels. And i outline how i will do that.

I provided plenty of documents accounting for almost every month from late 1990s to 2012. The documents included high school, college, uni, adult education centre, subscriptions, P45, P60, wages slips, Bank Statements, eBay activities, receipts from church tithes, emails printout sent and received from government departments and other authorities, GP letters. Contracts i signed with other people and companies, Gym cards, NI contributions letters.BT, SKY, TV license and other mobile phones bills, tesco club card, printout of my library activities etc.

But last week they asked me to provide original passport and more info for year 1999 and 2012 – 2013 within 10 days time which i did provide on the same day and 7 days later they granted me. That’s all in nutshell.
@Seneca Wow!!! Incredible story! Thank you for sharing this with us!! Biggest congratulations for you ! Have a happy and blessed life ahead!!

Wow...interesting story....congratulations and all the best for the future. All hardships we are facing serve to build character and we will be the better for it....

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:33 am

verbina wrote:
Seneca wrote:
elastep wrote:
@Seneca
Regard

Here my story in brief.

I apply myself as i was skint, to get application money, I have to sell most of my stuffs. I just read case laws at least one everyday for 15 days and use Judges arguments to strengthening own case.

Verbina you have helped so many by your posts & authenticity including silent readers. You one of the Legend of this Forum.

May All Poweful God grants your stay soon and be with you always.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:38 am

Seneca wrote:
verbina wrote:
Seneca wrote:
elastep wrote:
@Seneca
Regard

Here my story in brief.

I apply myself as i was skint, to get application money, I have to sell most of my stuffs. I just read case laws at least one everyday for 15 days and use Judges arguments to strengthening own case.

Verbina you have helped so many by your posts & authenticity including silent readers. You one of the Legend of this Forum.

May All Poweful God grants your stay soon and be with you always.
Awwwwh thank you darling, you re way too kind!

Yeah, I got impression you applied yourself without solicitor! Which makes your story incredibly inspirational for those of us who cant afford solicitors. Thank you very much for sharing your case law as well! Stay blessed!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:48 am

Seneca wrote:
rina wrote:
rina wrote:
Seneca wrote:
Yes she write to them on my behalf 4 times. I also write to them directly 6 times. File complaints once to UKBA and i was about to go to Ombudsman when i receive a letter from MP saying they will conclude my case within 6 weeks. My MP has been great help to me.When i wrote to them directly they reply to me with generic answers and to my MP with specific answers to my questions.

Congratulations - enjoy the freedom - thought I was reading about my self there for a second, extremely similar to my case except I have been here longer. I acknowledge the failure of my first legal reps to emphasise the lack of cultural and social ties in country of origin as all my family are BC. Thanks for giving all us renewed hope

good morning all!

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:49 am

CrystalNewbie wrote: Wow...interesting story....congratulations and all the best for the future. All hardships we are facing serve to build character and we will be the better for it....
You absolutely right. Our problems are like ugly monster roots, but these roots help to provide base for strong plants and trees.

Writing and listening to these guys below helped me a lot during the struggle. I recommend them You can read them for free on gutenberg or wikisource or listening to them on youtube.
Consolations of philosophy - Alain de Botton especially chapters on difficulties, anxiety and lack of money.
Marcus Aurelius - Meditations,
Nietzsche - chapter on hardships
Epictetus -The Enchiridion,
Seneca letters.
Arthur Schopenhaur - On sufferring of the world.

God Bless you CrystalNewbie and open the way where there is no way.
Last edited by Seneca on Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:56 am

Believe2013 wrote: Congratulations - enjoy the freedom - thought I was reading about my self there for a second, extremely similar to my case except I have been here longer. I acknowledge the failure of my first legal reps to emphasise the lack of cultural and social ties in country of origin as all my family are BC. Thanks for giving all us renewed hope

good morning all!
Thank you Believe2013 You are one of the Giants and legend of the thread like verbina and hatchsead and others. You guys have helped so many of us with your words.

May God richly blessed you and grant you stay soon.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:17 am

Seneca wrote:
Believe2013 wrote: Congratulations - enjoy the freedom - thought I was reading about my self there for a second, extremely similar to my case except I have been here longer. I acknowledge the failure of my first legal reps to emphasise the lack of cultural and social ties in country of origin as all my family are BC. Thanks for giving all us renewed hope

good morning all!
Thank you Believe2013 You are one of the Giants and legend of the thread like verbina and hatchsead and others. You guys have helped so many of us with your words.

May God richly blessed you and grant you stay soon.
Thank you, truly inspirational, fly high Seneca - Emperor Marcus Aurelius , brilliant

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:41 am

Seneca wrote:
dapsonlee wrote: Congratulations. What a journey and indeed a great testimony better yet a glorious way to end 2013. Enjoy your earned freedom. God bless you.
Thank dapsonlee yours is around the corner. May God continue to be with you as well.

Here is case law expanding on the meaning of Ties

"It is well established that for an interference with a right protected under Article 8(1) to be necessary in a democratic society, it must be proportionate to the legitimate aim pursued. The legitimate aim in the present case is prevention of crime and disorder.

We take note of the fact that the use of the phrase “no ties (including social, cultural or family) with the country to which he would have to go if required to leave the UK” is not exclusive to paragraph 399A of the Rules; it is also used in paragraph 276 ADE, in the context of the requirements to met by an applicant for leave to remain based on private life in the United Kingdom when such person has lived in the United Kingdom for less than 20 years.

The natural and ordinary meaning of the word ‘ties’ imports, we think, a concept involving something more than merely remote and abstract links to the country of proposed deportation or removal. It involves there being a continued connection to life in that country; something that ties a claimant to his or her country of origin. If this were not the case then it would appear that a person’s nationality of the country of proposed deportation could of itself lead to a failure to meet the requirements of the rule. This would render the application of the rule, given the context within which it operates, entirely meaningless.

We recognize that the text under the rules is an exacting one. Consideration of whether a person has ‘no ties’ to such country must involve a rounded assessment of all the relevant circumstances and is not to be limited to ‘social, cultural and family’ circumstances. Nevertheless, we are satisfied that the appellant has no ties with Nigeria. He is a stranger to the country, the people, and the way of life. His father may have ties but they are not ties of the appellant or any ties that could result in support to the appellant in the event of his return there. Unsurprisingly, given the length of the appellant’s residence here, all of his ties are with the United Kingdom.

Whilst each case turns on its own facts, circumstances relevant to the assessment of whether a person has ties to the country to which they would have to go if they were required to leave the United Kingdom must include, but are not limited to: the length of time a person has spent in the country to which he would have to go if he were required to leave the United Kingdom, the age that the person left that country, the exposure that person has had to the cultural norms of that country, whether that person speaks the language of the country, the extent of the family and friends that person has in the country to which he is being deported or removed and the quality of the relationships that person has with those friends and family members".

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC ... geria.html

Amen seneca. A glimmer of hope you are to those of us who applied in this category.

@Ale001 it's your turn to testify and share the good news.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:31 pm

@Ale001 C'mon luv!!! We are all waiting!!! :P :P :P

elastep

Post by elastep » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:36 pm

verbina wrote:@Ale001 C'mon luv!!! We are all waiting!!! :P :P :P
@verbina
Hello Empress verbs! How you doing?

@Ale001
Come on dude!! Share the news already.
I'm about to expire from waiting :wink: :lol:
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:41 pm

elastep wrote:
@verbina

@Ale001
Heehee im alright luv! You? Eagerly anticipating Ale's news here!! :P

elastep

Post by elastep » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:49 pm

verbina wrote:
elastep wrote:
@verbina

@Ale001
@verbina
I'm doing ok. I'm having heart attack and praying for him. Just waiting to hear what he has to say and the pressure is unbelivable for me so I can't imagine what he is feeling right now.
Outcome:

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:12 pm

elastep wrote:
verbina wrote:
elastep wrote:
@verbina

@Ale001
@verbina
I'm doing ok. I'm having heart attack and praying for him. Just waiting to hear what he has to say and the pressure is unbelivable for me so I can't imagine what he is feeling right now.
Yeah me too! Damn my postman came just now and brought nothing for me :(

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:16 pm

verbina wrote:
elastep wrote:
verbina wrote:
elastep wrote:
@verbina

@Ale001
@verbina

Lol I guess this is way bigger than Santa coming down a chimney as the postman is the new Santa. Well i am predicting between next week and the week after we will get some good news!!! Spirits are high once again 😜

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi,

still waiting for it. Just spoke to my lawyer, he never receive it yet,, he will ring me straight away soon he received it.

Still hoping for good..

Thanks everyone

But am worried because the royal mail tracking number the UKBA gave me is not working, it shows : Please come back later, Information on your item is not yet available online. Anyone know why is showing this?
Ale001

elastep

Post by elastep » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:30 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
elastep wrote:
verbina wrote:

@verbina

Lol I guess this is way bigger than Santa coming down a chimney as the postman is the new Santa. Well i am predicting between next week and the week after we will get some good news!!! Spirits are high once again ��
@dapsonlee and verbina
Yes oh. I'm praying for you two as well as others on this forum for early christmas presents=good news.
I will be calling down the Holy Spirit to take charge of all our troubles and help everyone this coming festive season because the devil is a liar and we will all overcome our sorrows in Jesus Name Amen.
Outcome:

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:35 pm

ale001 wrote:Hi,

still waiting for it. Just spoke to my lawyer, he never receive it yet,, he will ring me straight away soon he received it.

Still hoping for good..

Thanks everyone

But am worried because the royal mail tracking number the UKBA gave me is not working, it shows : Please come back later, Information on your item is not yet available online. Anyone know why is showing this?
Dont worry babe, I definitely remember a few people on here reporting the same issues with a tracking number!
F**K! Im like biting my elbows here for you cant imagine how you must be feeling now!
Is your solicitor working tomorrow or do you have to wait until Monday?

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:39 pm

ale001 wrote:Hi,

Still hoping for good..

Thanks everyone

Hi Ale

Do not worry as I have seen that before and that means its on its way but has not reached the destination.
I posted something once to china and it came up like that for while then when I tried again it showed me it had been dispatched and arrived so don't worry it is definitely with the post people.

So excited for you.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:39 pm

elastep wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
elastep wrote:

@verbina

Lol I guess this is way bigger than Santa coming down a chimney as the postman is the new Santa. Well i am predicting between next week and the week after we will get some good news!!! Spirits are high once again ��
@dapsonlee and verbina
Yes oh. I'm praying for you two as well as others on this forum for early christmas presents=good news.
I will be calling down the Holy Spirit to take charge of all our troubles and help everyone this coming festive season because the devil is a liar and we will all overcome our sorrows in Jesus Name Amen.
@elastep You re a sweetheart! Thank you ever so much for your prayers! We are praying for you as well, so you can defeat the evil forces of HO very soon!

@dapsonlee I dunno if I can manage 2 more weeks and not go mad!!! Im already spastic ever since I had to send them additional docs in!! And one second Im positive I get granted, then convinced Ill be rejected! God help us all!!! :oops: