ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:41 pm

rina wrote:
ale001 wrote:Hi,

still waiting for it. Just spoke to my lawyer, he never receive it yet,, he will ring me straight away soon he received it.

Still hoping for good..

Thanks everyone

But am worried because the royal mail tracking number the UKBA gave me is not working, it shows : Please come back later, Information on your item is not yet available online. Anyone know why is showing this?

Hi Ale

Do not worry as I have seen that before and that means its on its way but has not reached the destination.
I posted something once to china and it came up like that for while then when I tried again it showed me it had been dispatched and arrived so don't worry it is definitely with the post people.

So excited for you.
@rina How are you love? Are you considering Ombudsman ?
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

mushy11
Newly Registered
Pakistan

flro

Post by mushy11 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:45 pm

ack.24.10.2013
bio 26.10.2013
bio done.9.11.2013
ask for more doucments.done 27.11.2013
what i expect from them now can anybody help me
thanks

verbina
Russia

Re: flro

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:53 pm

mushy11 wrote:ack.24.10.2013
bio 26.10.2013
bio done.9.11.2013
thanks
Hiya welcome to the forum hun! You should be getting your decision very soon! Join the club lol!
Would you care to share your story?

mushy11
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mushy11 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:58 pm

verbina wrote:
bio 26.10.2013
bio done.9.11.2013
thanks
Hiya welcome to the forum hun! You should be getting your decision very soon! Join the club lol!
thanks
i came here as a student thn married to british girl and had a baby in may this year and ho jus ask me to get a letter from gp that we are registered

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:00 pm

mushy11 wrote:
verbina wrote:
bio 26.10.2013
bio done.9.11.2013
thanks
thanks
i came here as a student thn married to british girl and had a baby in may this year and ho jus ask me to get a letter from gp that we are registered
Right! It sounds really good and positive I think you will be getting the good news soon!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:03 pm

verbina wrote:
elastep wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
Yeah me too! Damn my postman came just now and brought nothing for me :(

Lol I guess this is way bigger than Santa coming down a chimney as the postman is the new Santa. Well i am predicting between next week and the week after we will get some good news!!! Spirits are high once again ��
@dapsonlee and verbina
Yes oh. I'm praying for you two as well as others on this forum for early christmas presents=good news.
I will be calling down the Holy Spirit to take charge of all our troubles and help everyone this coming festive season because the devil is a liar and we will all overcome our sorrows in Jesus Name Amen.
@elastep You re a sweetheart! Thank you ever so much for your prayers! We are praying for you as well, so you can defeat the evil forces of HO very soon!

@dapsonlee I dunno if I can manage 2 more weeks and not go mad!!! Im already spastic ever since I had to send them additional docs in!! And one second Im positive I get granted, then convinced Ill be rejected! God help us all!!! :oops:
@elastep Amen. you really don't understand how I claimed that prayer, with every vein in me. God will meet you at the point of your need. It's been a journey and we will be blessed nothing short of victory.

@Verbina lol I know that feeling. It's so close that each day feels like a week. Just try to hang on Verbz hope called yesterday with the good news that was shared yesterday. when you are close to victory that's when doubts creep in. We are heading towards a Xmas revolution.

@rina I think perhaps you need to start typing out some emails, you have to step out for faith to step in. The signs are here for you if you feel comfortable that is. Cos I don't trust those guys at all with article 8 application filtering in ever so slowly.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:11 pm

verbina wrote:
rina wrote:

still waiting for it. Just spoke to my lawyer, he never receive it yet,, he will ring me straight away soon he received it.

Still hoping for good..

Thanks everyone

But am worried because the royal mail tracking number the UKBA gave me is not working, it shows : Please come back later, Information on your item is not yet available online. Anyone know why is showing this?

Hi Ale

Do not worry as I have seen that before and that means its on its way but has not reached the destination.
I posted something once to china and it came up like that for while then when I tried again it showed me it had been dispatched and arrived so don't worry it is definitely with the post people.

So excited for you.

Hi Verbina
I had thrown all my cards to the big guy upstairs and had not bothered to even contact my MP. But I have just called them and the receptionist asked to email them with all my details and they should contact me a few days after. If no one does then I should call them back but she said they usually do.

Apart from the obvious about my case. Can you help me and tell me what to write.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:26 pm

rina wrote:
verbina wrote:
rina wrote:

Still hoping for good..

Thanks everyone

Hi Ale

So excited for you.

Hi Verbina
I had thrown all my cards to the big guy upstairs and had not bothered to even contact my MP. But I have just called them and the receptionist asked to email them with all my details and they should contact me a few days after. If no one does then I should call them back but she said they usually do.

Apart from the obvious about my case. Can you help me and tell me what to write.
Good girl! I didnt write anything else to my MP apart from a shortened version of my immigration/ life story.
But you can also add about your qualifications and ambitions as the next Coco Chanel and explain how long you have been waiting for HO to decide your case and how much of an asset you will be to the country should you get your stay! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:29 pm

verbina wrote:
rina wrote:
verbina wrote:
rina wrote:

Hi Ale

So excited for you.

Hi Verbina

Good girl! I didnt write anything else to my MP apart from a shortened version of my immigration/ life story.
But you can also add about your qualifications and ambitions as the next Coco Chanel and explain how long you have been waiting for HO to decide your case and how much of an asset you will be to the country should you get your stay! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

hahahahaahhahaha you always make me laugh "coco channel" I like..

Cool thanks will start drafting this afternoon.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:31 pm

rina wrote:
verbina wrote:
rina wrote:
verbina wrote: @rina How are you love? Are you considering Ombudsman ?

Hi Verbina

hahahahaahhahaha you always make me laugh "coco channel" I like..

Cool thanks will start drafting this afternoon.
:lol: 8)

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:31 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
Amen seneca. A glimmer of hope you are to those of us who applied in this category.

@Ale001 it's your turn to testify and share the good news.
One day soon we will all receive our heart wishes
Last edited by Seneca on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:33 pm

verbina wrote:
rina wrote:
verbina wrote:
rina wrote:

Hi Ale

So excited for you.

Hi Verbina

Very well said Verbz. That is what you should include and here is a template from what yummy mummy gave me back then. Just delete and insert where it's appropriate and add what Verbz explained to you.

Letter to MP

Name:
Address:

MP's Name
Address

Home Office Ref; (Date of Birth;)

Nationality:

I would like to thank you firstly for taking time out of your very busy schedule to read through this email.

As a constituent, I humbly write this letter to request your assistance in the important matter of my visa application which was submitted (INSERT DATE) on the basis of For Leave To Remain [FLR (O)] . Furthermore, biometrics invitation was received and enrolled (20th March, 2013) and since then, no further correspondence has been received.

All phone calls made to the Home Office in Croydon to get an update on my application as proved futile as inconsistent feedback is given week in week out since the month of (INSERT DATE). Applications when made are promised to be dealt with and completed within a 6 months time frame but 8 months on, I am still entangled in the web of an endless wait.

The lengthy wait has really brought about feelings of uncertainty with regards to health issues such as depression, regular high blood pressure, loss of job prospects and hardened financial hardship. Therefore, your help will be very much appreciated in getting a real time update and the possible time frame on when the application made will be finalised.

Thank you very much kind sir.

Yours Sincerely,

Your name

(Phone numbe)

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:47 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
rina wrote:

Hi Verbina

Very well said Verbz. That is what you should include and here is a template from what yummy mummy gave me back then. Just delete and insert where it's appropriate and add what Verbz explained to you.

Letter to MP

Name:
Address:

MP's Name
Address

Nationality:

I would like to thank you firstly for taking time out of your very busy schedule to read through this email.

As a constituent, I humbly write this letter to request your assistance in the important matter of my visa application which was submitted (INSERT DATE) on the basis of For Leave To Remain [FLR (O)] . Furthermore, biometrics invitation was received and enrolled (20th March, 2013) and since then, no further correspondence has been received.

All phone calls made to the Home Office in Croydon to get an update on my application as proved futile as inconsistent feedback is given week in week out since the month of (INSERT DATE). Applications when made are promised to be dealt with and completed within a 6 months time frame but 8 months on, I am still entangled in the web of an endless wait.

The lengthy wait has really brought about feelings of uncertainty with regards to health issues such as depression, regular high blood pressure, loss of job prospects and hardened financial hardship. Therefore, your help will be very much appreciated in getting a real time update and the possible time frame on when the application made will be finalised.

Yours Sincerely,

Your name

(Phone numbe)

Great template darl!!!

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:02 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
rina wrote:

Hi Verbina

Letter to MP

Name:
Address:

MP's Name
Address

Nationality:

Yours Sincerely,

Your name

(Phone numbe)

OMGGGGGGGoshhhh thank you so much that has helped alot as not good with writing so makes it a lot easier..

Thanks you thank thank you. :D

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:36 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
rina wrote:

Hi Verbina

Letter to MP

Name:
Address:

MP's Name
Address

Nationality:

Yours Sincerely,

Your name

(Phone numbe)

Great template darl!!!

Okay guys am slighty confused so need your brains...
Years ago when I was applying for a visa to travel over I was asked to take fingers prints and some eye scan thing. I remember one of the workers clearly saying that it was a new system they are trying out.

Now I have never been asked to have a biometrics interview(if that is what it is called) or anything of the sort and I keep seeing this popping up.
Is it the same thing and is this why I have not been asked for it?
Should I worry??
Confused.com

bishop007
Newly Registered

Post by bishop007 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:51 pm

I thank everyone for their support. I pray that everyone gets the result they hope and pray for.

Its been a bumpy and rough journey with the home office but never a lonely one due to the wonderful people on this forum.

Im sure some will remember from my last post that I was asked to bring some more documents 3 times, well I got a call from my solicitor now that ive been granted 2 and half years..

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:53 pm

bishop007 wrote:I thank everyone for their support. I pray that everyone gets the result they hope and pray for.

Its been a bumpy and rough journey with the home office but never a lonely one due to the wonderful people on this forum.

Im sure some will remember from my last post that I was asked to bring some more documents 3 times, well I got a call from my solicitor now that ive been granted 2 and half years..
whoaaaaaaaaaaaa Its a good day today.. Congratulations and what a great xmas present from God..

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:57 pm

[quote="rina"][quote="verbina"][quote="dapsonlee"][quote="verbina"][quote="rina"][quote="verbina"][quote="rina"][quote="ale001"]Hi,

Still hoping for good..

Thanks everyone

But am worried because the royal mail tracking number the UKBA gave me is not working, it shows : Please come back later, Information on your item is not yet available online. Anyone know why is showing this?[/quote]

Hi Ale

So excited for you.[/quote]
@rina How are you love? Are you considering Ombudsman ?[/quote]

Hi Verbina

Apart from the obvious about my case. Can you help me and tell me what to write.[/quote]

But you can also add about your qualifications and ambitions as the next Coco Chanel and explain how long you have been waiting for HO to decide your case and how much of an asset you will be to the country should you get your stay! Keeping my fingers crossed for you![/quote]

Letter to MP

Name:
Address:

MP's Name
Address

Nationality:

Yours Sincerely,

Your name

(Phone numbe)[/quote]

Great template darl!!![/quote]

Years ago when I was applying for a visa to travel over I was asked to take fingers prints and some eye scan thing. I remember one of the workers clearly saying that it was a new system they are trying out.

Now I have never been asked to have a biometrics interview(if that is what it is called) or anything of the sort and I keep seeing this popping up.
Should I worry??
Confused.com[/quote]

Hi everybody!!! First of all I'd like to say congrats to Seneca. After all you've been through, that is a well deserved victory. Give thanks to the most high!!!

@Rina. The biometrics are nothing to be afraid off. They can be done at a designated Post Office near you. All it is is just finger prints and photo. I did mine at the post office but my daughters barcode wouldn't work on their system so I phoned the number on the letter and booked an appt and then went to have it done @ Croydon! So have no fear! Maybe they haven't asked for the biometrics because you're in their system already!
Last edited by nilemarques on Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:58 pm

bishop007 wrote:I thank everyone for their support. I pray that everyone gets the result they hope and pray for.

Congratulations bishop007. It's been a journey indeed. Now you and your beautiful daughter can have one peaceful Xmas and an extra ordinary new year. God bless you sir and all the very best with you and your family.

bishop007
Newly Registered

Post by bishop007 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:59 pm

rina wrote:

whoaaaaaaaaaaaa Its a good day today.. Congratulations and what a great xmas present from God..
I wasn't expecting a reply until next week as I was asked to submit before 25th and that was Monday, and I couldn't get all the documents they asked of me, but I tried get as much as could, and a piece of advice to anyone who's been asked for proof of address, please try and give them something, cuz that was the thing they were really strict about, even if its ur mates place.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:04 pm

nilemarques wrote:
rina wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Letter to MP

Name:
Address:

MP's Name
Address

Nationality:

Yours Sincerely,

Your name

(Phone numbe)

Great template darl!!!

Should I worry??
Confused.com
Hi everybody!!! First of all I'd like to say congrats to Seneca. After all you've been through, that is a well deserved victory. Give thanks to the most high!!!

@Rina. The biometrics are nothing to be afraid off. They can be done at a designated Post Office near you. All it is is just finger prints and photo. I did mine at the post office but my daughters barcode wouldn't work on their system so I phoned the number on the letter and booked an appt and then went to have it done @ Croydon! So have no fear!

I have never been asked to do them and neither has my lawyer so that is why am confused so was wondering if its what I did years ago before it became a must now. I don't know if am making sense..

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:05 pm

rina wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:

Letter to MP

Name:
Address:

MP's Name
Address

Nationality:

Yours Sincerely,

Your name

(Phone numbe)

Great template darl!!!

Should I worry??
Confused.com
No, dont worry its only been introduced quite recently. So it may have been after you applied. Btw Ive not done my biometrics either coz my application is free x

bishop007
Newly Registered

Post by bishop007 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:05 pm

dapsonlee wrote:

Congratulations bishop007. It's been a journey indeed. Now you and your beautiful daughter can have one peaceful Xmas and an extra ordinary new year. God bless you sir and all the very best with you and your family.

Thank u very much dapsonlee, it has really been a story, but all glory but to God and thanks to all the brave people on here who shared their stories too

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:07 pm

bishop007 wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Thank u very much dapsonlee, it has really been a story, but all glory but to God and thanks to all the brave people on here who shared their stories too
@bishop007 Awwwwh!! Congratulations!!! I had a really good feeling about you!!! So happy for you! Well done!! Stay lucky!

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:09 pm

bishop007 wrote:
rina wrote:

I wasn't expecting a reply until next week as I was asked to submit before 25th and that was Monday, and I couldn't get all the documents they asked of me, but I tried get as much as could, and a piece of advice to anyone who's been asked for proof of address, please try and give them something, cuz that was the thing they were really strict about, even if its ur mates place.

God always surprises us when we least expect it that is why it is important to carry on trusting in him. Truly have a blessed and rejoiced time with your family now. Truly deserved!!!!!!