ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JohnDee

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by JohnDee » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:59 am

What a epic story of RC ... Full of suspense and trills ....!!! :twisted: :twisted: Ends with Joy & Happiness.

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:20 am

Thank you Embankment :)

Your case was strong :D I understand where your stress comes from though. Congrats!
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

esthatea
Newly Registered

Post by esthatea » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:19 pm

[quote][/quote] Embankment

Hello Embankment

Congratulations! So was your submission sent in mid December?

I sent in mine on 30 Dec, that means probably 2 more weeks to go....

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:45 pm

esthatea wrote:
Embankment

Hello Embankment

Congratulations! So was your submission sent in mid December?

I sent in mine on 30 Dec, that means probably 2 more weeks to go....
Technically it doesn't work like that sadly.
People who applied on November are still waiting while some who applied December got it. It's weird.
Mahatma Gandhi

SondraF
Newly Registered

Post by SondraF » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:44 am

gilliananneq wrote:
jillllllllll wrote:
chriskv1 wrote: Quick update: We re-entered the UK 2 days ago without any problems. My partner's application is still being processed and his EEA Family Permit expired 2 months ago. The immigration officer didn't ask us any questions and we didn't have to show the COA or any of the other documents! We were surprised by how easy it was!
I don't know if it would be the same if you travel alone, but just wanted to share our experience.
In the same boat as you guys. EEA expired Jan 1, had sent my EEA2 at the end of December and am still waiting for RC. We have to travel to the States next week (I'm from the US, my partner is EU national) and I'm worried about hassle coming back. What did you say at the border when you got to the IO when returning to the UK?
First of all, my partner filled in the landing card and wrote 6 month as the estimated duration of the visit.
When we gave the IO the passports, he asked what will we be doing here for six months. So we said- "oh, we live here!". Then he said "oh, so why didn't you say so? you can just write down the expiration date of your family permit".
Then he noticed that it was expired a few months ago (whilst we were also telling him that it was already expired and that we're waiting for the RC application to be approved). He said 'that's fine' and wished us a good night!

He didn't ask to see the COA, nor any of the other supporting documents we brought with us.
It took less than 2 minutes :)
This is really helpful - thanks for coming back to fill us in. I asked a coworker who got his RC two years ago about travelling on the COA and he said he didn't have any trouble traveling when his was expired and he was waiting, so I am hoping there won't be much hassle. I'll still bring everything, though, because I always seem to get the snarky ones :(

jiiiiiiilllll - are you the same person who was asking this traveling question on the Expats Forum? And was stamped back in on a visitors visa?

gozpojicata
Newly Registered

Post by gozpojicata » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:22 am

Hi everyone nice to meet you.Before to start my story i want to apologise for my english,not perfect how i would want it to be but still its something.
Here i start:I am from EU country my husband its from India.We met in August 2011.From the begining he told me that he its illigally here that he entered in uk illigal in August 2002.Then hes passport expired in 2010 and he applied for new one in the indian embasy he got new passport for one year just a month before we met for first time.I didnt mind enything of that because i was thinking that will just see each other few times and than go on with our lives.But was nothing like that we liked each other and start going out more and more .Then became serios in october 2011 we was already living together i move most of my staff in hes room,also i keep my room with my friend and the rest of my staff inside.Just in case something go wrong with us.Then in 2012 i was pregnant with hes baby and we decide that will keep it but something go wrong and i lost the baby.It was very bad time for us and our relationship but we stuck together.Then i push hem to start hes documents and apply for visa.We apply thru solicitor and he got hes fingerprint done but after he got refuse with right for appeal.By the time it was already 2014 and i became again pregnant this time i took everything in my hands.Hes passport was already expiry,we go to the embassy and apply for new passport,they issue hem passport in august 2014 for 2 years,then i canceled my contract for internet and tv,landline phone and changet with hes name.This is because we needed passport and proof of address to get married.After when we got this documents we got interview in the coucnil to get permission for marriage.We got that and then we married in October 2014.Immidietly after this we apply thru the same solicitor for hes eea2 visa. we submit all the documents wich the solicitor ask us for.
here is the last dates wich we got:
Home office recieved our application on 20/11/2014
Certificate of Application with right to work 10/12 2014
Residence card still waiting.
We didn`t have any home visit or any letters for additional information to be send,or for interview.
We got our baby girl on the 3 of march.My mother and brother came in england specialy for that my father couldn come due to work in our country,since then my mom go back and my brother stayed here.Till todays date we dont have any information about our case.I am thinkig to request my passport to be sended back due to expiry date,i now that i can renew it till 6 month after the expiry date but maybe it will make them go thru the file and if they got already decision hopefully they will send all the documents with my husbands passport and residence card in .Or the best thing is to wait till June and then request the solicitor to contact them.My question its from when are you starting to count 6 month:from the date they recieve the application or from the date they send you the certificate of application.Question number two its what could take them so long to make decision because they didnt contact us for more information,nor for interview like many people and one of my friend include and also we didnt have any home visit by home office even our solicitor told us they will visit us.The waiting game its almost driving me insane and i already plan to visit my mom and dad in july.Also my husband wants us to go to India he havent been there in 13 years nor see hes parents for that time.
Can anyone suggest me what should i do.
Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to help,and hope so everyone take thems residence card soon.

jillllllllll
Newly Registered

Post by jillllllllll » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:32 am

SondraF wrote:This is really helpful - thanks for coming back to fill us in. I asked a coworker who got his RC two years ago about travelling on the COA and he said he didn't have any trouble traveling when his was expired and he was waiting, so I am hoping there won't be much hassle. I'll still bring everything, though, because I always seem to get the snarky ones

jiiiiiiilllll - are you the same person who was asking this traveling question on the Expats Forum? And was stamped back in on a visitors visa?
Yes, that's me. And now going through it all again. Will keep you guys posted on the return next week. I'm thinking I just had bad luck. I'm also thinking worst case scenario, I'll deal with the visitor stamp as I do have another flight to the US at the end of June. Fingers crossed, I'll have my RC back before then - especially because that's the only trip (June) that I'll be traveling without my husband. We'll see!!

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:21 am

gozpojicata wrote:Hi everyone nice to meet you.Before to start my story i want to apologise for my english,not perfect how i would want it to be but still its something.
Here i start:I am from EU country my husband its from India.We met in August 2011.From the begining he told me that he its illigally here that he entered in uk illigal in August 2002.Then hes passport expired in 2010 and he applied for new one in the indian embasy he got new passport for one year just a month before we met for first time.I didnt mind enything of that because i was thinking that will just see each other few times and than go on with our lives.But was nothing like that we liked each other and start going out more and more .Then became serios in october 2011 we was already living together i move most of my staff in hes room,also i keep my room with my friend and the rest of my staff inside.Just in case something go wrong with us.Then in 2012 i was pregnant with hes baby and we decide that will keep it but something go wrong and i lost the baby.It was very bad time for us and our relationship but we stuck together.Then i push hem to start hes documents and apply for visa.We apply thru solicitor and he got hes fingerprint done but after he got refuse with right for appeal.By the time it was already 2014 and i became again pregnant this time i took everything in my hands.Hes passport was already expiry,we go to the embassy and apply for new passport,they issue hem passport in august 2014 for 2 years,then i canceled my contract for internet and tv,landline phone and changet with hes name.This is because we needed passport and proof of address to get married.After when we got this documents we got interview in the coucnil to get permission for marriage.We got that and then we married in October 2014.Immidietly after this we apply thru the same solicitor for hes eea2 visa. we submit all the documents wich the solicitor ask us for.
here is the last dates wich we got:
Home office recieved our application on 20/11/2014
Certificate of Application with right to work 10/12 2014
Residence card still waiting.
We didn`t have any home visit or any letters for additional information to be send,or for interview.
We got our baby girl on the 3 of march.My mother and brother came in england specialy for that my father couldn come due to work in our country,since then my mom go back and my brother stayed here.Till todays date we dont have any information about our case.I am thinkig to request my passport to be sended back due to expiry date,i now that i can renew it till 6 month after the expiry date but maybe it will make them go thru the file and if they got already decision hopefully they will send all the documents with my husbands passport and residence card in .Or the best thing is to wait till June and then request the solicitor to contact them.My question its from when are you starting to count 6 month:from the date they recieve the application or from the date they send you the certificate of application.Question number two its what could take them so long to make decision because they didnt contact us for more information,nor for interview like many people and one of my friend include and also we didnt have any home visit by home office even our solicitor told us they will visit us.The waiting game its almost driving me insane and i already plan to visit my mom and dad in july.Also my husband wants us to go to India he havent been there in 13 years nor see hes parents for that time.
Can anyone suggest me what should i do.
Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to help,and hope so everyone take thems residence card soon.
I honestly do wish you get the answer you want from HO as soon as possible.
If you read though this forum , you will see that there is a significant delay in processing times for EEA applications now compared to this time last year.
Based on the rules , HO can take upto 6 months to decide an application. You could also give the help desk team a call and ask for progress.
All the best

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:09 pm

gozpojicata wrote:Hi everyone nice to meet you.Before to start my story i want to apologise for my english,not perfect how i would want it to be but still its something.....continued..

Hi gozpojicata ,
Don't worry . Your husband will get his RC :) It's a strong case , You have a baby , You're married and have been together for a long time.
Even if HO doesn't want to issue the RC , A court would.

So don't worry . Keep calm :)

best of luck
Mahatma Gandhi

maaberglady45

Post by maaberglady45 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi,
Can anyone help me in how to obtain your NI once you get your COA.i am struggling to get one as they keep saying i need to come along with my passport as proof of ID
Thanks

wegiwegi
Switzerland

Post by wegiwegi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:03 pm

maaberglady45 wrote:Hi,
Can anyone help me in how to obtain your NI once you get your COA.i am struggling to get one as they keep saying i need to come along with my passport as proof of ID
Thanks
Hmmm, you could bring with you, your marriage certificate if married, as well as your birth certificate,driving licence, ID card if you have one, with your COA, should be enough, knowing that your passport is at the HO, they are a bit to thick at the job centre really, unbelievable, they should know what a COA is about.
Timeline:
Fourth application sent 21.07.17
HO received 24.07.17
Paid on 25.07.17
Biometrics 23.08.17
COA received 07.09.17
Passports received 07.09.16
Documents returned 13.11.17 dated 09
RC 13.11.17 dated 09

gozpojicata
Newly Registered

Post by gozpojicata » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:46 pm

wegiwegi wrote:
maaberglady45 wrote:Hi,
Thanks
Hmmm, you could bring with you, your marriage certificate if married, as well as your birth certificate,driving licence, ID card if you have one, with your COA, should be enough, knowing that your passport is at the HO, they are a bit to thick at the job centre really, unbelievable, they should know what a COA is about.

hi i want to tell you that we make my husbands nino very easy.i call for interview they make an appointment for hem and when we go over there i bring my id with me and hes passport photocopy,our marriage sertificate ant the COA,then the guy ask hem for hes passport and he say that its with HO.then i told hem that our solicitor told us that they will verify hes identiti with HO.and that was the interview was over for less then 10 minutes and hes nino came 2 weeks later.

wegiwegi
Switzerland

Post by wegiwegi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:00 pm

gozpojicata wrote: hi i want to tell you that we make my husbands nino very easy.i call for interview they make an appointment for hem and when we go over there i bring my id with me and hes passport photocopy,our marriage sertificate ant the COA,then the guy ask hem for hes passport and he say that its with HO.then i told hem that our solicitor told us that they will verify hes identiti with HO.and that was the interview was over for less then 10 minutes and hes nino came 2 weeks later.
That's the way it should be done in a case like that, but some people at Job Centre think that they know everything and they can't see further away than their nose, so there you go, making life more complicated to everyone.
Timeline:
Fourth application sent 21.07.17
HO received 24.07.17
Paid on 25.07.17
Biometrics 23.08.17
COA received 07.09.17
Passports received 07.09.16
Documents returned 13.11.17 dated 09
RC 13.11.17 dated 09

Mojo12
Newly Registered

Post by Mojo12 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:57 pm

Hi every one
Any one had interview at Liverpool
Recently please post your question
You been asked its help other who is
Going for it
Thanks

JohnDee

Post by JohnDee » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:30 am

:lol: -----NewWeek NewHopes------ :lol:

sheikh787
Newly Registered

Post by sheikh787 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:26 pm

JohnDee wrote: :lol: -----NewWeek NewHopes------ :lol:
Same here johnDee hopefully we will recv our rc this week as :?: :roll: mine 6 mnths gonna complete on 21 April :)

sheikh787
Newly Registered

Post by sheikh787 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:29 pm

JohnDee wrote: :lol: -----NewWeek NewHopes------ :lol:
Same here johnDee hopefully we will recv our rc this week as mine 6 mnths gonna complete on 21 April

JohnDee

Post by JohnDee » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:45 pm

hey buddy have you had any interview or home visit etc ?? I had home visit on 1st April..!! :roll:

gozpojicata
Newly Registered

Post by gozpojicata » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:06 pm

JohnDee wrote:hey buddy have you had any interview or home visit etc ?? I had home visit on 1st April..!! :roll:

Hi JohnDee i see that you had a home visit on 1st April.Can you tell us what happen on the visit how they come what they did ask you,did they go thru your house,room staff etc. did they ask the people living together with you question if you are living in a shering house.
I see that some people get home visit we didnt hear enything from them even we still didnt have a home visit.I think that if they was thinkhing that our relationship and marriage its not genuine they will visit us.Hope so this is a good sign for us,but still the waiting its to much to handle .
Best of luck to everybody waiting for RC hope so it will be much soon then ours.

JohnDee

Post by JohnDee » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:42 pm

If you go through my previous post I've already wrote what exactly happened that day thanks

gozpojicata
Newly Registered

Post by gozpojicata » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:50 pm

JohnDee wrote:If you go through my previous post I've already wrote what exactly happened that day thanks
sorry i didnt see that post hope so you gona get the result soon.

svalavil

Post by svalavil » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:02 pm

Hi guys, i applied on October 24th and March 23rd I done my interview in liverpool No updates still. Any idea how long this procedure takes and I'm going to complete 6 moths next month 24th. I'm an overstayer for 3 years.

sheikh787
Newly Registered

Post by sheikh787 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:59 pm

JohnDee wrote:hey buddy have you had any interview or home visit etc ?? I had home visit on 1st April..!! :roll:
No john they didn't cal me for interview nd no home visit yet.

Sebi125
Newly Registered

Post by Sebi125 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:23 pm

I'm still waiting apply on 3rd of Oct 2014 as a extended family member

JohnDee

Post by JohnDee » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:56 pm

svalavil --- ring me when you read this ....!!