ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:26 pm

[quote="marina4"][quote="Shondra Sharma"]@nile hope it works I did not go for JR because my solicitor told once you applied your child british citizenship you will be fine. I dont know what will happend its been already one and half month for child british citizenship application only we got acknowledgement letter.[/quote]

@ Shondra
Not sure if this is what you meant, british citizenship for my kids done by thier father took exactly three months.
Forgive me if this not what you re asking. thanks.[/quote]

@Marina4! Probably tats the kind of timeframe Shondra is asking about. Maybe if you can explain your circumstances! We're you in a similar position to her and/or others on this forum? It will be greatly appreciated if you can share!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:30 pm

kiss300 wrote:my son is already british and i lost my appeal through zambrano. i am asking if i can do article 8
Hello Kiss300 once again. Sorry about the loss of your refusal on Zambrano. My better understanding of your case is, if your partner no longer has nothing to do with you child anymore, you stand a better chance with an FLR (O) application as a "sole carer" of the child. I have read a few testimonies on Zambrano refusals and FLR (O) successes for people with British children. A solicitor can best advice you on this route if to clarify your question.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:36 pm

@nile one of my friends just told me her friend child got british citizenship with two months they both are overstayers like me. Big big congrtulation to them!!!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:26 pm

[quote="Shondra Sharma"]@nile one of my friends just told me her friend child got british citizenship with two months they both are overstayers like me. Big big congrtulation to them!!![/quote]

Great stuff@ Shondra! Congrats to them! As I said, just hang in there! You have nothing to lose!

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:33 pm

thanks@nile I surprise in one thing most of the solicitor saying in this kind of case straight away go for JR but my solicitor saying you don't need to go for JR, just hang on there with your child british citizenship application, is he saving my money or he doesn't know about JR or he is right with my situation I don't know. He is saying this refusal is technical, what does this mean?

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:32 pm

[quote="Shondra Sharma"]thanks@nile I surprise in one thing most of the solicitor saying in this kind of case straight away go for JR but my solicitor saying you don't need to go for JR, just hang on there with your child british citizenship application, is he saving my money or he doesn't know about JR or he is right with my situation I don't know. He is saying this refusal is technical, what does this mean?[/quote]

@ Shondra! Obviously your legal rep would be more qualified than I am. If you really don't feel convinced he/she gave you sound advice then maybe get a 2nd opinion from another solicitor. As, has been discussed previously, getting the BC for your kids makes your case stronger.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:44 pm

Still no Royalmail post arrive with my decision :(
Ale001

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:46 pm

thanks@nile just a waiting game lets see what will happend. God bless.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:49 pm

still time@ale01 probably they send in second class, hopefully end of this week you will get it, we egarley looking forward to celebrate your good news, Good luck and god bless.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:32 pm

ale001 wrote:Still no Royalmail post arrive with my decision :(
Second class takes about 10days. Hang in there
Godgives

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:05 pm

GodGives wrote:
ale001 wrote:Still no Royalmail post arrive with my decision :(
Second class takes about 10days. Hang in there
Oh really? Was even thinking its around 3 to 4 days

Thanks
Ale001

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:06 pm

@ale001 my refusal pack they send on 23 august, I got it 2nd september@godgives is right.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:16 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@ale001 my refusal pack they send on 23 august, I got it 2nd september@godgives is right.
Ok thanks
Ale001

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:01 pm

Self addressed envelope (either first class recorded delivery or special delivery) is good idea to include in the postage pack and will help to insure you receive your documents back quickly especially if you send a lot of important documents.

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:03 pm

Appeal sent now waiting fir £140 from
My account then a date from court

sameer2012

Post by sameer2012 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife received her passport today with RFC

Date of Application: 11/10/2013
Application under process: 30/10/2013
Passport received: 05/12/2013
Visa granted

thanks
SAMEER

ale001

Post by ale001 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:00 pm

sameer2012 wrote:Hi everyone,

My wife received her passport today with RFC

Date of Application: 11/10/2013
Application under process: 30/10/2013
Passport received: 05/12/2013
Visa granted

thanks
Goodnews, whats rfc?
Ale001

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:24 am

Today make it 6 working days when the ukba told me they've dispatched decision on 28th of November 2013 with recorded delivery, and my solicitor still never receive any decision yet.

Still waiting anyway, maybe monday or today?
Ale001

olapoint101

Post by olapoint101 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:47 am

ale001 wrote:Today make it 6 working days when the ukba told me they've dispatched decision on 28th of November 2013 with recorded delivery, and my solicitor still never receive any decision yet.

Mate I still don't understand the delay,even my refused letter came in 2days.
When last did you phone them and what's the tracking number saying now.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:50 am

olapoint101 wrote:
ale001 wrote:Today make it 6 working days when the ukba told me they've dispatched decision on 28th of November 2013 with recorded delivery, and my solicitor still never receive any decision yet.

Mate I still don't understand the delay,even my refused letter came in 2days.
When last did you phone them and what's the tracking number saying now.
I wonder too, the tracking number showing the below info:

Please come back later

Information on your item is not yet available online. Information on your Royal Mail Signed For™ item is not yet available.
Ale001

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:27 am

Good morning All.

I think we can all take a leaf from Nelson Mandela's book. Do not give up and fight for what you believe in. May his soul RIP. Good luck in all your appeals and applications. History has a nasty habit of repeating itself and it's very evident in the apartheid stance being adopted by the Home Office and Conservatives.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:38 pm

OMFG Just got all my docs back from Home Office. Got a big issue now: they requested my daughter's birth certificate and passport from my social worker, which they sent. But on my daughter's birth cert there is a different name for a mother ( as I was at the time illegally I stupidly registered a fake name)
The thing is, Home Office know about me using a fake name back in the days, but I thought that social services changed the name on the birth cert by now , but turns out they didnt.....
As usual they gave me a 10 day deadline to provide a birth cert with my real name on it, which is not achievable obviously....
Dunno if I should write to them and offer a DNA test or just tell them I dont have any other birth certificate and they will have to make a decision as it is.
I mean they got our photos, court orders etc for evidence that should be enough....
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:02 pm

verbina wrote:OMFG Just got all my docs back from Home Office. Got a big issue now: they requested my daughter's birth certificate and passport from my social worker, which they sent. But on my daughter's birth cert there is a different name for a mother ( as I was at the time illegally I stupidly registered a bad quality name)
The thing is, Home Office know about me using a bad quality name back in the days, but I thought that social services changed the name on the birth cert by now , but turns out they didnt.....
As usual they gave me a 10 day deadline to provide a birth cert with my real name on it, which is not achievable obviously....
Dunno if I should write to them and offer a DNA test or just tell them I dont have any other birth certificate and they will have to make a decision as it is.
I mean they got our photos, court orders etc for evidence that should be enough....
I don't think you have to worry since DNA is a super proof higher than ordinary paper birth cert. Even some immigration officers do prefer the DNA.

I believe if you offer them DNA test would be the best, but it would be very nice if the DNA offer to them is through your solicitor as it is critical to do it on your own at this stage.

I believe the DNA is the 100% answer at this stage

They will grant your application for sure i believe..
Ale001

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:05 pm

ale001 wrote:
verbina wrote:OMFG Just got all my docs back from Home Office. Got a big issue now: they requested my daughter's birth certificate and passport from my social worker, which they sent. But on my daughter's birth cert there is a different name for a mother ( as I was at the time illegally I stupidly registered a bad quality name)
The thing is, Home Office know about me using a bad quality name back in the days, but I thought that social services changed the name on the birth cert by now , but turns out they didnt.....
I don't think you have to worry since DNA is a super proof higher than ordinary paper birth cert. Even some immigration officers do prefer the DNA.

I believe if you offer them DNA test would be the best, but it would be very nice if the DNA offer to them is through your solicitor as it is critical to do it on your own at this stage.

I believe the DNA is the 100% answer at this stage

They will grant your application for sure i believe..
Awwwh thank you love! Hope so....
Anyway, they sent my package using 2nd class mail.... So Im sure yours is on the way!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:11 pm

Each day woman you sure get closer lol. I am so so so so so happy for you. Well I guess you have suggested the best idea for yourself Verbz. Write a letter explaining the situation explaining since her birth why you did what you did. And like ale suggested give them the DNA collision course as that is the closest proof! I said we will be a week apart. You have been granted woman, you have been granted!!!