ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:54 pm

dilseabbassi wrote:So am i right in saying that now our application has been passed onto british high commission then we can expect to wait around 12-14 weeks? Our case is very straight forward and have supplied more than enough documentation but i guess it just depends on pot luck? Ill keep posting my updates but really hope it doesnt take so long...the waiting game is taking its toll! im guessing that even if i phone or email anyone they will just tell me to wait untill after 12 weeks?
So am i right in saying that now our application has been passed onto british high commission then we can expect to wait around 12-14 weeks?
Exactly
the waiting game is taking its toll!

It has just started so sit back and wait,many of us applied July are still waiting to hear a reply
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:00 pm

Yeah i cant begin to imagine how frustrated you all must be, ill be pulling my hair out by the end i reckon! I guess im luck with being busy everyday and trying to take my mind of it, is there any specific application centres which are faster, we submitted ours at Islamabad...im really glad i found this forum its put my mind at ease a bit as before i had no info or anywhere i could share my experiances, so thanks guys :D
calling letter 21/06/2011
forwarded to brittish embessy 27/06/11
Under process at BHC 11/07/11

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:08 pm

dilseabbassi wrote:Yeah i cant begin to imagine how frustrated you all must be, ill be pulling my hair out by the end i reckon! I guess im luck with being busy everyday and trying to take my mind of it, is there any specific application centres which are faster, we submitted ours at Islamabad...im really glad i found this forum its put my mind at ease a bit as before i had no info or anywhere i could share my experiances, so thanks guys :D
is there any specific application centres which are faster, we submitted ours at Islamabad
Waiting times are same for all the VAC'S i.e 14-15 weeks.

Did you look at the spread sheet link to get an idea that how long the process might take,it contains the stats of all of us who applied in June and July :?:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:10 pm

dilseabbassi wrote:Yeah i cant begin to imagine how frustrated you all must be, ill be pulling my hair out by the end i reckon! I guess im luck with being busy everyday and trying to take my mind of it, is there any specific application centres which are faster, we submitted ours at Islamabad...im really glad i found this forum its put my mind at ease a bit as before i had no info or anywhere i could share my experiances, so thanks guys :D
Just wait for three months, I have waited 2.5 so far, it's not too bad although I knew full well it will take this long.

I guess if you applied thinking it will take 2 weeks, then it can be frustrating.
Spouse Visa (Lahore)
Application Date - 19/7/10
Under process at BHC 02/08/10
http://imm.ksul.co.uk / Jun/Jul applications.

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:16 pm

Yeah i did look at it, thanks for sharing that gives me a good idea on what to expect :)

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:19 pm

Ah no i knew it usualy takes around 3 months but guess im just giving myself a bit to much hope that it will be done quicker, but after reading and understanding these posts its put my mind slightly at ease and given me a rough idea what im gona expect.

maryammajid786

Re: email

Post by maryammajid786 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:28 am

ikhlaq wrote:Hi
Im in week number 14 so I emailed them today asking for an update, first I tried emailing on UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk. I had emailed on this address twice without a reply. So today I emailed them on ukhub.pakistansettlementenquiriesandcomplaints@fco.gov.uk and got this reply

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. All settlement applications are lodged in Pakistan and processed in the UK. I have checked on the status of your application and can confirm that your application has been processed.

The VAC will be contacting you shortly when your paperwork is ready for collection. Please do not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

I know this is a computerised reply as other people were receiving same message. So not quite an update I and you were looking out for.
Aoa

yes definitley your application has been processed,look to receiving the passport in next 1 or 2 weeks

Allah Hafiz

215HAN

Post by 215HAN » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:23 am

Hi,

I am in need of some help!

I cannot seem to track my application online. This was submitted in Mirpur and reference number is 0102/90/72. Is there anything else I need input before or after the reference?

I appreciate your help.

ikhlaq
Newly Registered

Post by ikhlaq » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:10 am

maryammajid786 wrote:
Im in week number 14 so I emailed them today asking for an update, first I tried emailing on UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk. I had emailed on this address twice without a reply. So today I emailed them on ukhub.pakistansettlementenquiriesandcomplaints@fco.gov.uk and got this reply

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. All settlement applications are lodged in Pakistan and processed in the UK. I have checked on the status of your application and can confirm that your application has been processed.

The VAC will be contacting you shortly when your paperwork is ready for collection. Please do not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

I know this is a computerised reply as other people were receiving same message. So not quite an update I and you were looking out for.
Aoa

yes definitley your application has been processed,look to receiving the passport in next 1 or 2 weeks

Allah Hafiz
Thank you maryam

I have emailed them again for a date when decision was made so ill let yoda121 know about it.(':?')

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:14 am

ikhlaq wrote:
maryammajid786 wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

Aoa

Allah Hafiz
Thank you maryam

I have emailed them again for a date when decision was made so ill let yoda121 know about it.(':?')
If you're desperate to know the details of your case, contact your local MP.
Spouse Visa (Lahore)

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:14 am

215HAN wrote:Hi,

I cannot seem to track my application online. This was submitted in Mirpur and reference number is 0102/90/72. Is there anything else I need input before or after the reference?

I appreciate your help.
U must enter the vac code eg islamabad is ISB..then u enter the reference..you shud b abl to track it

ikhlaq
Newly Registered

Post by ikhlaq » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:15 am

215HAN wrote:Hi,

I appreciate your help.
yes mate you need to put in full reference number for example if applied in Islamabad you would put in ISB/0102/90/72 + date of birth of applicant. All you need to do is change ISB to where ever you have applied. Are you sure that is all and the correct ref number mine is longer than that ?

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:18 am

If the following people have time, maybe they can e-mail?

riz.raja
corrado
nags
Wgeebhatti
Email Address: UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk
cc to UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk

Dear Sir/Madam,

Passport No. : xxx
Online Ref No. : xxx
Name : xxx
DOB: xxx
Sponsor's name: xxx
Sponsor' Address: xxx

I applied for a settlement visa on xxx and I am awaiting the outcome on the application,

Is it possible for you to advise if the application has been processed?

Thank you for your help.
Last edited by yoda121 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spouse Visa (Lahore)

ikhlaq
Newly Registered

Post by ikhlaq » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:19 am

yoda121 wrote:
ikhlaq wrote:
maryammajid786 wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

Aoa

Allah Hafiz
Thank you maryam

If you're desperate to know the details of your case, contact your local MP.
Not a bad idea but I would think its unnecessary at this stage, I've only got to wait another 2 weeks.

imranh

Post by imranh » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:29 am

[quote="shazaz"][quote="imranh"]where do the visa application go to be assessed from pakistan??

I am asking because I need to update my employment details and they (ukhub.pakistansettlementenquiriesandcomplaints@fco.gov.uk ) have supplied an address in Croyden - whereas I thoght they go to Dubai.

Does anyone know where the application go to get assessed???[/quote]

Hi imranh...Please cud u tel me wt that address is as i am in a similar situation and may be starting a new job. Did you get the address by emailing them..i wud be gratefl if u cud tel me the exact reply..n i also thought they went to dubai..[/quote]

Hi shazaz - i would advise you first emailing them on ukhub.pakistansettlementenquiriesandcomplaints@fco.gov.uk and provide the required application details asking them for advice in your situation.
Just so if you update your employment details then you post the email as well with it.

They will then ask you to provide any helpful documents such employment letters, p45 etc etc.

As i am changing jobs on 15/10/2010 i can only provide current employers employment letters with my leaving date as well my new employers employment letter with the starting date and other information aswell.

The address is

UK Visa Section
7th Floor, Apollo House
Croydon
CR0 6XG

This is where it appears all the application gets processed!!!!

Please let me know how you get on and if you do change jobs what they advise you

imranh

Post by imranh » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:50 am

If the visa application is accepted - is there a time limit that the applicant must be in the UK by??

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:52 am

imranh wrote:If the visa application is accepted - is there a time limit that the applicant must be in the UK by??
No, however getting over here within 3 months will make it easier when applying for ILR.
Spouse Visa (Lahore)

Zahida

HELP!!!

Post by Zahida » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:03 pm

Guys I’m really worried now as we have still not heard anything about when we can collect the passport, surely it doesn’t take this long after decision has been made. I’ve emailed them and no one is getting back to me, maybe because the application has been processed now or just the fact they can’t be bothered!

Is there a number I can call to find out what’s happening?
Submitted Mirpur: 25/06/2010
Under process at BHC: 16/07/2010
Decision Made: 06/09/2010
Ready for Collection: 14/10/2010
Passport collected = VISA: 15/10/2010

yoda121

Re: HELP!!!

Post by yoda121 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:30 pm

Zahida wrote:Guys I’m really worried now as we have still not heard anything about when we can collect the passport, surely it doesn’t take this long after decision has been made. I’ve emailed them and no one is getting back to me, maybe because the application has been processed now or just the fact they can’t be bothered!

Email them telling it's been longer than 2 weeks, otherwise try your MP to chase them up.

I also think there may be a mistake as your app is quite an anomoly.
Spouse Visa (Lahore)

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:44 pm

yoda121 wrote:
Zahida wrote:Guys I’m really worried now as we have still not heard anything about when we can collect the passport, surely it doesn’t take this long after decision has been made. I’ve emailed them and no one is getting back to me, maybe because the application has been processed now or just the fact they can’t be bothered!

Email them telling it's been longer than 2 weeks, otherwise try your MP to chase them up.
I've done both but still no response, my husband has also emailed them as it is his Visa Application and they have not got back to him either.

Emailed my MP but had no response from him, i know who NOT to vote for next time lol :x

I guess I will just have to wait, don't know what else to do other than wait and pray i hear from them soon! As long as the outcome is good in the end i don't mind waiting a little bit longer.

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:45 pm

Zahida wrote:
yoda121 wrote:

I've done both but still no response, my husband has also emailed them as it is his Visa Application and they have not got back to him either.

Emailed my MP but had no response from him, i know who NOT to vote for next time lol :x

I guess I will just have to wait, don't know what else to do other than wait and pray i hear from them soon! As long as the outcome is good in the end i don't mind waiting a little bit longer.
Tried visiting his office physically, or calling?
Spouse Visa (Lahore)

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:56 pm

yoda121 wrote:
Zahida wrote:
yoda121 wrote:

Yeah i've asked him to call the office today in Mirpur, i doubt they will give him much info especially if the passport hasn't yet been sent back to them - will keep you updated!

Thanks for your advise :)

Nags

Post by Nags » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:00 pm

hi

My cuz submited her application on the 30/06/2010 a week before me and got her visa yesterday

so I guess the turnaround is about an average of 14 week before you get a response as it was her 14 week yesterday

Inshalla my 14 week will be over next week

I pray for all those who are still waiting inshallah we will all hear good news v soon

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:00 pm

Zahida wrote:
yoda121 wrote:
Zahida wrote:
yoda121 wrote:

Yeah i've asked him to call the office today in Mirpur, i doubt they will give him much info especially if the passport hasn't yet been sent back to them - will keep you updated!

Thanks for your advise :)
You need your MP to contact his person in the UKBA here in the UK, I'm sure he/she will know who to contact NOT the office in Mirpur as they will be throughly useless, they are only a courier office.

The UKBA "hide" behind the courier service.
Spouse Visa (Lahore)

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:59 pm

Quick question which may sound stupid, but when they issue the Visa does the passport get stamped in the UK or Islamabad?