ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:37 am

math.PI wrote:Guys you do realise once you get citizenship + passport, you can only live in another country up to 7 years and fill out a form every year saying that you want to keep your citizenship. After 7 years, you lose it if you don't live here.
Nope, that's not correct. You've misunderstood.

note on revocation:
in the case of an application for a certificate of naturalisation granted
under section 15A, resident outside the island of Ireland (otherwise than in the public
service) for a continuous period of seven years and without reasonable excuse has not
during that period registered annually in the prescribed manner his name and a declaration
of his intention to retain Irish citizenship with an Irish diplomatic mission or consular office
or with the Minister
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/consolid ... onINCA.pdf

In other words, if you live outside of Ireland you need to register with the local Irish embassy, that's all.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

actonye
Newly Registered

2nd stage?

Post by actonye » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:16 am

hey guys, quick question. So after getting my first application rejected 10 months after applying, for a reason which still eludes me ( and i make a point of mentioning it everytime), i have re-applied. 2 weeks after alas, i get a letter saying it's gone through to the second stage.
What is this second stage all about, any ideas how long it will take to work through this second stage?
They say six months, but they also mention it could be less or more. No reason for my application to be classed as complex.
I really wish this application process had a tracking system or at least was made more transparent.

Soco

13 oct cermony

Post by Soco » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi Every one,

is there any news of the cermony today?????

how many got citzinship and how much is the backlog???

Soco

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:46 am

ceremony is on monday there is more info www.inis.gov.ie

Soco

Post by Soco » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:30 am

IQU wrote:ceremony is on monday there is more info www.inis.gov.ie

Thanks IQU I thought its on the 13 of OCT.
:D

SOCO

dania

Re: 2nd stage?

Post by dania » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:14 am

actonye wrote:hey guys, quick question. So after getting my first application rejected 10 months after applying, for a reason which still eludes me ( and i make a point of mentioning it everytime), i have re-applied. 2 weeks after alas, i get a letter saying it's gone through to the second stage.
What is this second stage all about, any ideas how long it will take to work through this second stage?
They say six months, but they also mention it could be less or more. No reason for my application to be classed as complex.
I really wish this application process had a tracking system or at least was made more transparent.
can u tell why they refuse ur application thanks
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:40 pm

GOOD LUCK TO THOSE WHO ARE TAKING PART IN CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY............................................

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:04 am

IQU wrote:GOOD LUCK TO THOSE WHO ARE TAKING PART IN CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY............................................
Now the desperate wait for Dec ceremony approvals and invitions letters begins !
Not waiting any more

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:41 am

waiting2beirish wrote:
IQU wrote:GOOD LUCK TO THOSE WHO ARE TAKING PART IN CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY............................................
Now the desperate wait for Dec ceremony approvals and invitions letters begins !
When will they send out Dec approval letters?

mhmh
Newly Registered

Post by mhmh » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Speech delivered by Alan Shatter TD, Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence, 15 October 2012, Citizenship Ceremony at the Convention Centre, Dublin

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/SP12000275

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:07 pm

mhmh wrote:Speech delivered by Alan Shatter TD, Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence, 15 October 2012, Citizenship Ceremony at the Convention Centre, Dublin

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/SP12000275
Does anyone know when the next ceremony after the DECEMBER one will be? Did the minister mention anything about forthcoming ceremonies?

thanks

dublinkhan
Newly Registered

hi all

Post by dublinkhan » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:51 pm

i was on ceremony today 2300 people get citizenship they didn't say anything about next ceremony

Soco

Re: hi all

Post by Soco » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:47 pm

dublinkhan wrote:i was on ceremony today 2300 people get citizenship they didn't say anything about next ceremony
just wondering why number of people get approval decreasing , is the Minster of justice facing objection in granting citizenship and he is slowing down !!!??? :roll:

irishtobe

waiting game

Post by irishtobe » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:08 pm

hi i come to ireland in 2002 i am maried to irish citizen i applied in may 2008 still waiting i get letter afyer 4 years asking me did i had problem with uk immigration border i never did so how they can make me wait all this time to ask me somthing they should to know with they are security check proceding time as they tell us in the fone , i am sick and angry at this systeme reminde me of third world country
waiting2beirish wrote:
Azadi wrote:hi,well I came 11 years ago in this country as a qualified doctor and working since 2003 and have payed at least 200 thousands euro tax since then and have saved many irish and non Irish 's life here , and still have to renew my visa when it expires , if I loose my job I have to leave the country. still in this country I dont have any right, at the same time I came to Ireland my close friend went to USA and overstayed there illigally and worked in black market with paying no tax,but around two years ago the US government gave residency to him and other illigal residents. now just see what is the difference between these two country.
Clearly USA is the best :D

You are not alone, I too came here in 2002 as a student paid 20K in NON-EU fees for MD, did PhD, got 0.5 million € research grant money from EU for Irish University, have paid 1000's in tax, PRSI, USC ...no right or facility for me or my wife (she is sitting at home with stamp 3) ...still just waiting, really regret coming to this country ...just waiting to get the passport and get out of here, waiting for Azadi :)

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:05 am

Alan Shatter in his speech on 15th Oct said he has made decisions on 22,500 applications in this year of 2012 .

However in this year so far only 14300 have been granted citizenship.

April : 4000
June : 4000
August : 4000
October : 2300

Total : 14300

So does this mean 8,200 applicant were refused/ rejected for naturalization ???
Not waiting any more

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:12 am

[quote="waiting2beirish"]Alan Shatter in his speech on 15th Oct said he has made decisions on 22,500 applications in this year of 2012 .

However in this year so far only 14300 have been granted citizenship.

April : 4000
June : 4000
August : 4000
October : 2300

Total : 14300

So does this mean 8,200 applicant were refused/ rejected for naturalization ???[/quote] i think you dont have proper numbers you miss the febuary ceremony also. minors applications they dont have to take oath.i think dept numbers are correct .good luck

flatpack

waiting for garda

Post by flatpack » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:04 pm

just off the phone after 30 redial, lady on the other side told me waiting for garda report. i just wonder how long it will take for garda report to arrive, im from 2009 applicant (more then three years :( ) it looks like i have to wait for next year ceremony

moro1

Re: waiting for garda

Post by moro1 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:44 pm

flatpack wrote:just off the phone after 30 redial, lady on the other side told me waiting for garda report. i just wonder how long it will take for garda report to arrive, im from 2009 applicant (more then three years :( ) it looks like i have to wait for next year ceremony
They usually say Garda report when they have nothing to say , which is the the case of the time . i wonder if they pale each others hair down there :?

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:54 pm

moro1 wrote:
flatpack wrote:just off the phone after 30 redial, lady on the other side told me waiting for garda report. i just wonder how long it will take for garda report to arrive, im from 2009 applicant (more then three years :( ) it looks like i have to wait for next year ceremony
They usually say Garda report when they have nothing to say , which is the the case of the time . i wonder if they pale each others hair down there :?
This is really ridiculous applicants from Jan 2012 got their approval and naturalization cert at the 15 Oct ceremony and some are waiting since 2009 :x
Not waiting any more

moro1

Post by moro1 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:03 pm

waiting2beirish wrote:
moro1 wrote:
This is really ridiculous applicants from Jan 2012 got their approval and naturalization cert at the 15 Oct ceremony and some are waiting since 2009 :x
Well apparently the INIS have to stick to their 6 months promise to the 2012 applicants , it is even mentioned in there Ref letter , that they will receive a decision in 6 months .
But sure eventually we are getting a response could not be more than what we already have waited so no harm :)
Last edited by moro1 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:04 pm

few friends of mine applied around same time and nothing for them yet either.
waiting2beirish wrote: This is really ridiculous applicants from Jan 2012 got their approval and naturalization cert at the 15 Oct ceremony and some are waiting since 2009 :x

maya1
Newly Registered

Post by maya1 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi,IQU saga,You have any idea Which minors applications they dont have to take oath.?
:shock:

nissa

Post by nissa » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:16 pm

please share what service passport normaly use to send the passport and all other origional docs thanks.

iloveireland

Post by iloveireland » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:15 pm

I talked to someone in Citizenship section yesterday and was told that I will get the decision in 2-3 weeks.
So I believe they will send out the invitation letter for Dec in 2-3 weeks. This doesn't mean I will get the positive reply though as I had some court fines which they asked me to submit the receipt for few weeks back.
Lets see and I will keep you posted.
By the way I have applied in July 2011 on the basis of 5 years residency (was 7 years in my case)
Thanks

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:31 pm

iloveireland wrote:I talked to someone in Citizenship section yesterday and was told that I will get the decision in 2-3 weeks.
So I believe they will send out the invitation letter for Dec in 2-3 weeks. This doesn't mean I will get the positive reply though as I had some court fines which they asked me to submit the receipt for few weeks back.
Lets see and I will keep you posted.
By the way I have applied in July 2011 on the basis of 5 years residency (was 7 years in my case)
Thanks
This means by the end of Oct or Nov start fresh lot of approval/invitions letter wil be out... lets hope they have 4000 this time and mine as well as many others who have been waiting and suffering from years their pain, frustration and agony ends this December !
Not waiting any more