ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jalebi

Post by jalebi » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:54 am

skstar wrote:
Scottishraja wrote:Shazia has updated me on the timeline. But I cant get access to the link. Does anyone know if it's down?

PS - Any other May applicants heard??

I recieved a email today from fco

Dear Mr XXXX
Our ref: XXXXXX
Thank you for your email and again I apologise for the delay in dealing with the application. However, as you already know, we have had an unprecedented rise in settlement applications which has caused us to miss our planned targets times for dealing with settlement applications. Although we expected an increase in applications we did not foresee that this year’s applications would rise so significantly.

Senior management in Islamabad have drawn in extra staff to deal with the backlog and I can assure you that we are working very hard to deal with the applications as quickly as possible.

Your wife should have received a letter to explain that we were not meeting our targets and I apologise for the fact that she has not received one. We have put up notices in the VACs to explain the situation.

The application will be processed in the next few weeks and again I apologise for the delay.

Yours sincerely,

Could I ask which email add you sent your concern to?
I would like to know what their email address is too. It's coming up to 3 months for my sis in law..
Sis-in-law..
2 May 2012 : English test Results
4 July 2012 @ Mirpur : Submitted Spouse Visa
17 July 2012 : Under process at BHC
20 November 2012 : Received RFC
21 November 2012 : Visa approved
Dec 2012 : Arrived in England

sabootio_786
Newly Registered

Post by sabootio_786 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:13 am

ALHAMDULILLAH HE GOT HIS VISA! He went today after getting the RF. message yesterday Insha'Allah he's planning to come soon. I would like to thank you all for making dua and insha'Allah my duas are with you all, may Allah grant you all patience and strength and may Allah give you whats best for your deen dunya and akhirah! Seriously thought after geting the RFC, waiting this one day has been harder than the last 6 months. Don't lose patience insha'Allah it will come. I will let everyone know how his trip at the airport goes and what they ask insha'Allah. If anyone can give any advice for him when he travels here that would be great insha'Allah salaam

kirenkhan
Newly Registered

ukba processing times updated

Post by kirenkhan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:47 pm

Salaam to all,

Just to let you know that processing times were updated on ukba website:
I've only been following islamabad...the numbers have changed but it still says figures are for august 2012.... 95% in 120 days and 387 decisions made.

App submitted:17/04/12
Under process: 30/04/12
RFC: waiting....inshallah will hear soon...

ahsanshafqat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: ukba processing times updated

Post by ahsanshafqat » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:03 pm

RFC ??
kirenkhan wrote:Salaam to all,

Just to let you know that processing times were updated on ukba website:
I've only been following islamabad...the numbers have changed but it still says figures are for august 2012.... 95% in 120 days and 387 decisions made.

App submitted:17/04/12
Under process: 30/04/12
RFC: waiting....inshallah will hear soon...

Qadeer Khan
Newly Registered

My Experience

Post by Qadeer Khan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Thank u so much, yah status changes very quickly e.g ur current status is "VISA APPLICATION IS UNDER PROCESS AT BHC" when u get a test msg from Gerry's the status will be "PROCESSED VISA/APPLICATION IS READY FOR COLLECTION " n once u get ur passport at Gerry's then within minutes status will be "APPLICATION COLLECTED". n inshallah i will share my each n every experience with all my brothers n sisters, as my tb test report is expired n i have talked many people on this issue n the answer is "no need to renew the tb test" so, i am not renewing but i will tell u all about my experience at the airport lets see what will happen........ i am praying for all of u n inshallah u all will hear a good news.....

*Mrs S*
Newly Registered

Silent Visitor

Post by *Mrs S* » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:33 pm

Assalam O Laykum to all, first of all Mubarak to everyone who has had their visa accepted, May Allah give you all the health and happiness in the world.
I have been reading eveyone's comments for a while now and decided that I should finally pluck the courage to comment and ask for moral support from you all as you understand the position.

I am also awaiting for my husbands visa to be decided, applied on 1st June 2012. I must admit that this is a very diffcult time for me as miss my husband so much but have full faith in Allah and believe that whatever will happen will be for the best!

Just keep smiling and Inshallah we will all be rewarded for our patience. :)

som1984

Re: My Experience

Post by som1984 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Qadeer Khan wrote:Thank u so much, yah status changes very quickly e.g ur current status is "VISA APPLICATION IS UNDER PROCESS AT BHC" when u get a test msg from Gerry's the status will be "PROCESSED VISA/APPLICATION IS READY FOR COLLECTION " n once u get ur passport at Gerry's then within minutes status will be "APPLICATION COLLECTED". n inshallah i will share my each n every experience with all my brothers n sisters, as my tb test report is expired n i have talked many people on this issue n the answer is "no need to renew the tb test" so, i am not renewing but i will tell u all about my experience at the airport lets see what will happen........ i am praying for all of u n inshallah u all will hear a good news.....
was it busy when u went to pick up?

were there any other people.picking up visas too?

omed

Comgrates to all

Post by omed » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:17 pm

i heared that bhc has employed more ppl to carry out the work ,
i am thinking as we can see few regular comenters got there visas on this site alot other ppl may have it as well as they not here .
good luck every 1 and dont forget us in ur prayers

aa786
Newly Registered

Post by aa786 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:25 pm

salaam everyone, just a quick question. has ukba said the time line is 6 month or 24 weeks as there is abit of a diffrence in both.
example 24 weeks for me will be on november 9th
and 6 month will be 25th nov

please can some one explain it to me what date i should be looking at .
applied on 25th may
jzk much appiciated.

whoesnext

Post by whoesnext » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:16 am

aa786 wrote:salaam everyone, just a quick question. has ukba said the time line is 6 month or 24 weeks as there is abit of a diffrence in both.

applied on 25th may
jzk much appiciated.
Better off counting the working days, like for isl 95% app are dealt in 120 days (24 weeks), And the figures improved from last month so i think they have employed the extra staff and soon the backlog will be dealth and they will b on their target of 12 weeks for 95% apps....Lets just hope for the best and sit tight.....

Qadeer Khan
Newly Registered

Re: My Experience

Post by Qadeer Khan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:46 am

was it busy when u went to pick up?

were there any other people.picking up visas too?[/quote]

no collection is a simple n sraight process, u have to bring with u just 2 things:
1: Original id card with 1 photocopy.
2: The receipt which was issued at the time of apply.

Yes u will find many people who got text msg they will b there for collection, BUT remember when u get the text msg immediately call Fedex n say i want to collect my passport today n go for collection, it just takes 5 min at the counter, a person at the counter will give u a paper, u have to sign n then he will open the file then check the passport n inshallah visa will b granted.

Qadeer Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Qadeer Khan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:56 am

aa786 wrote:salaam everyone, just a quick question. has ukba said the time line is 6 month or 24 weeks as there is abit of a diffrence in both.

applied on 25th may
jzk much appiciated.
adagfsgsgsdgga

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:28 am

With the extra staff employed from 1-Oct in Pakistan, Inshallah all the applications will be processed within the normal 12 weeks period so hopefully all the backlog should be cleared in a few weeks.
Please make dua for everyone guys, much needed.
Applied at Islamabad: 25/06/2012
Under process at BHC: 09/07/2012

Week 21... INSHA'ALLAH it will be granted soon. Please make dua people and my duas are with everyone out there.

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:33 am

Like i said in one of my earlier posts, i really dont mind the wait as long as the outcome is a positive reply Inshallah. good luck to all.

Week 21... INSHA'ALLAH it will be granted soon. Please make dua people and my duas are with everyone out there.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:49 am

Shazia1104 wrote:With the extra staff employed from 1-Oct in Pakistan, Inshallah all the applications will be processed within the normal 12 weeks period so hopefully all the backlog should be cleared in a few weeks.
If you emply someone, it takes about 6 months to train them to work in the same way as everyone else.

So realistically you're not looking at any increased processing time till the early part of next year.

shazz

Post by shazz » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:51 am

Shazia1104 wrote:With the extra staff employed from 1-Oct in Pakistan, Inshallah all the applications will be processed within the normal 12 weeks period so hopefully all the backlog should be cleared in a few weeks.

That's good news.. I hope soo,when I checkd the visa proccessing times in Lahore cos my husband applied there the numbers av been the same since august n ther didn't seem like much progress has been made whereas the ISL centre seemed like it had made more decisions?! A big congrats 2 evry1 hus gt ther visas may allah grant you a happy and prosperous life!

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:04 am

Just saw the UKBA's settlement visa processing time. They have updated the figures for August.

They are processing 69% within 90days now and 95% within 120 days, so its getting better.

At last some good news :)

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:28 am

dear king2be98, i am not sure how trained the additional staff would be but i would expect UKBA to have employed trained staff considering the amount of backlog they have, wont you??

shuby

Post by shuby » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:53 am

Mashallah it sounds like april applicants are getting replies. A week today and it will have been 24 weeks for my wifes applicant. Im praying it will be done before theb as its my sisters nikah next sunday and inshallah we will get visa granted and then my wife will be with me :)

Please do dua for us brothers/sisters. Also congrats to all those who have received the visa, may Allah reward you for your patience and also give us the sabar as well. Ameen :)

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:57 am

Look on the bright side guys. The fact that they have employed more staff is definitely a positive. Let's remain optimistic in these difficult times.

Hoping to get a response before the end of the year so my wife can fly over and give birth here in March inshaAllah. Will be very difficult for me if she has the baby in Pak... I am still studying at university and will not be able to go over until around June.

Please make dua for me brothers and sisters.
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

blumango

Post by blumango » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:44 pm

hi everyone,

sorry for the o/t but cant find where to post this question.

got the english results today

will the following english results suffice for the spouse visa?

RESULTS:

BULATS

Test English - Speaking
Overall Band - CEF Level : A1

Test English - Reading and Listening
Overall Band CEF Level: A1

Overall score 19
Listening Score 9
Reading and Language Score 25

The scores are given on a standard scale out of 100

Test English - Writing
Overall Band CEF LEvel : pre-A1

Zafarabbas5
Newly Registered

Post by Zafarabbas5 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Salaam all
Ive been following this forum for a while now
I applied on the 11th of april. Its still under process
24 weeks have past but i still dont have any response
:( and congrats to all who have been granted a visa! Please
Pray for us!

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:17 pm

Thats my date of birth Zaffar :) sincerely wish you good luck and please make dua for me

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Shazia1104 wrote:dear king2be98, i am not sure how trained the additional staff would be but i would expect UKBA to have employed trained staff considering the amount of backlog they have, wont you??
In this sector, you don't employ someone who can get working straight away, employing anyone in any sector means, a period of training before they can be left on their own to do their work. In most industries, it's at least 6 months before you are completely able to work on your own.

As I stated before, they employed more staff on the 1st of October, the improvements in processing time are not immediate, they take a few months at the earliest.

zny
Newly Registered

Post by zny » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi evryone i've been followin this forum for a while now an thought i may as well join. first of all congratulations to all of you who have been issued visas. an to all those who are waitin like my self i pray allah grants our visas