ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Geet1328
India

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Geet1328 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:05 am

Sam5258 wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
Sam5258 wrote:Hi can I just ask from where did you receive this information that 5000 are put on hold? Mine is ongoing from January and I have received no email or any updates to say it's on hold or what is going on
Hi
See this document -
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ssible.pdf
It mentions that at the end of June 5000 applications were on hold under the orders of the Secretary of State and the hold will be taken off from 10th August.

My wife applied in January and never received a hold email.

Hi thank you so much for your reply
Have you tried to call them or contact them in any way? This is a joke it has now been 8 months since we applied. It is a relief to know they are sorting the on hold cases, however it does not say how long it should take, it could even take another 8 months! Have you tried to contact your local mp? They are ignoring my solicitors emails and also not responding to mp.
Hi
I'm sure you must have tried calling or emailing them ... what reply are you getting?? Also yeah now that they will start looking at the " on hold" cases I'm sure you will hear from them soon !! All the best !!![/quote]

I have emailed them 4-5 times and so has my solicitor, they are ignoring our emails not even replying. I have called them twice but they just keep saying it will take x amount of days, when I ring after those days they say it will now take x amount of days instead. Now again those days are over so I will be calling them on Monday for the 3rd time[/quote]

That's what exactly happening with me ... they are not replying to my emails ... don't know what they are up to !!

iceicebaby90
Newly Registered

Post by iceicebaby90 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:13 am

Hi everyone,
i have been reading quite lot pages of all your experiences.
First of all i would like to thank all of you for sharing your knowledge and experience. you never know it might help or helped someone.
My story is;

We applied spouse visa on 2nd May 2017
App. Date 15 May 2017
No communication till 7th August
i am one of those people who received that cursed not straightforward mail.

Then I received phone calls from private number early in the morning like 9-10. I didnt answer.

Then they called my second employer and asking questions about me. He wasnt available that time and he told them to call him later.

Then i received another call yesterday morning, asking me about my date of birth, my husbands date of birth and name, when we got married.

He said this phone call can take 15 minutes. lets talk about your work. I said i work in 2 places. He didnt ask me anything about my first (main) job. Lets talk about your second job. Then it was a hell lot of questions about.
How did you get that job?
Where is the location?
What do you do there?
Is he related to you or husband?
What do you sell? do you import or manufacture there?
How much you earn? Monthly or weekly?
When you get paid, how you get paid?
how many people work there?
Tell me their names
who is the director
when and what days you go there?
when is the last time you went there>?
describe me what is inside the shop.
describe me what is around the shop.

a lot more that i cant remember.
At the end i did asked him about how long i will still have to wait.
He said that it would be days rather than weeks now, they have speeded up with piles of files.

just sharing my experience so you guys might find it useful, in case if they call you too. They do call your employers and asking if you work there or not.
Now waiting for the answer. Lets hope this will end with a visa for all of us!

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:54 am

iceicebaby90 wrote:Hi everyone,
First of all i would like to thank all of you for sharing your knowledge and experience. you never know it might help or helped someone.
My story is;

App. Date 15 May 2017

Then I received phone calls from private number early in the morning like 9-10. I didnt answer.

Then they called my second employer and asking questions about me. He wasnt available that time and he told them to call him later.

Then i received another call yesterday morning, asking me about my date of birth, my husbands date of birth and name, when we got married.

He said this phone call can take 15 minutes. lets talk about your work. I said i work in 2 places. He didnt ask me anything about my first (main) job. Lets talk about your second job. Then it was a hell lot of questions about.
Where is the location?
What do you do there?
Tell me their names
who is the director

He said that it would be days rather than weeks now, they have speeded up with piles of files.

just sharing my experience so y ou guys might find it useful, in case if they call you too. They do call your employers and asking if you work there or not.
Thanks for sharing your experience!! Oh good that they mentioned you that they are speeding up with files ... finally they realized it !!

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:23 am

My story is;

App. Date 15 May 2017

Where is the location?
What do you do there?
Tell me their names
who is the director

just sharing my experience so you guys might find it useful, in case if they call you too. They do call your employers and asking if you work there or not.
Hi iceicebaby90,

I got the same questioned asked on the 9th august they called me too, and also my employer. Hopefully we get a decision made soon insha'allah

Sam5258
inactive

Post by Sam5258 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:05 pm

My story is;

App. Date 15 May 2017

Where is the location?
What do you do there?
Tell me their names
who is the director

Hi they called me too asking the same questions In January, since January I have received no update from them and I am still waiting

Sam5258
inactive

Post by Sam5258 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:13 pm

Has anyone made a complaint using the "ukvi complaints" website?

fahsin7785
Newly Registered

Post by fahsin7785 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:26 pm

Sunni0 wrote:
fahsin7785 wrote:
Mash17101 wrote:Hi,

Thanks, yes it is this tracker and i applied in bangladesh.

Have you managed to get any updates to be honest its luck its all about you case worker sometimes they do it quick sometimes they are just lazy.

I hope yours is done soon so goodluck.the struggle is real i know how this waiting game is.
Hi mash have your received your decision? How did you use that visa status checker? As every time I put a reference in it's says error. I applied for my wife from Bangladesh

Hi Fahsin7785, Can I ask when you applied as I applied from Bangladesh a well. Did you get the on-hold email
?
Hi I didn't receive a on hold email like others, I've called the premium service loads of times and sent email to no real answer. I'm slowly losing hope as my wife is pregnant and looks like my case is going to be even more complicated now. We applied in may. Bio metrics were taken 21st may

Sam5258
inactive

Post by Sam5258 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:42 pm

fahsin7785 wrote:
Sunni0 wrote:
fahsin7785 wrote:
Mash17101 wrote:Hi,

Thanks, yes it is this tracker and i applied in bangladesh.

Have you managed to get any updates to be honest its luck its all about you case worker sometimes they do it quick sometimes they are just lazy.

I hope yours is done soon so goodluck.the struggle is real i know how this waiting game is.
Hi mash have your received your decision? How did you use that visa status checker? As every time I put a reference in it's says error. I applied for my wife from Bangladesh

Hi Fahsin7785, Can I ask when you applied as I applied from Bangladesh a well. Did you get the on-hold email
?
Hi I didn't receive a on hold email like others, I've called the premium service loads of times and sent email to no real answer. I'm slowly losing hope as my wife is pregnant and looks like my case is going to be even more complicated now. We applied in may. Bio metrics were taken 21st may[/quote

Hi what response are you receiving from them when you call them? Don't lose hope you still have time as it's still within the 120 working days framework they give

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:58 pm

Application Category: Spouse (Wife) Standard non-priority
Application Submitted Online: 30/03/2017

Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date): 12/04/2017
Online Application Received at Home Office (received an email): 14/04/2017 email address: VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk
Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On: 27/04/2017
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On: 09/05/2017

Case has not been straightforward mail received on 07/07/2017

Status check 3 times : They said still awaiting decision
Status check 21/07/2017 : they told they will escalate it.

Sponsor contacted by HO : yes on 25/07/2015
They asked some security questions then asked about my employment next day they contacted my employer .
We didn't hear anything until now.

Waiting .........

fahsin7785
Newly Registered

Post by fahsin7785 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:18 pm

[/quote]

Hi I didn't receive a on hold email like others, I've called the premium service loads of times and sent email to no real answer. I'm slowly losing hope as my wife is pregnant and looks like my case is going to be even more complicated now. We applied in may. Bio metrics were taken 21st may[/quote

Hi what response are you receiving from them when you call them? Don't lose hope you still have time as it's still within the 120 working days framework they give[/quote]

Hi I receiving the response of its with Eco. I'm not sure what I'm going to do if the decision comes after she is able to fly and it's positive. We will have 2 kids in tow. I'm British by birth but not sure what the procedure is with the children, also how will I extend her application if it is positive. The not knowing is the worst

givezemra
Newly Registered

Post by givezemra » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:51 am

PEOPLE APPLYING FROM OUTSIDE UK

Hi all

Can we track our spouse visa application on the TLS visa centre? Or on gov website? I've been waiting since 24/04/2017 for my husband to join us and I'm feeling really down about it. I'm stressed, working full time with a 3 and 5 year old. If I had an end date, I think I'd be ok but it's the not knowing that I'm struggling with.

GeronimoBajramCurri
Newly Registered

Post by GeronimoBajramCurri » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:00 am

givezemra wrote:PEOPLE APPLYING FROM OUTSIDE UK

Hi all

Can we track our spouse visa application on the TLS visa centre? Or on gov website? I've been waiting since 24/04/2017 for my husband to join us and I'm feeling really down about it. I'm stressed, working full time with a 3 and 5 year old. If I had an end date, I think I'd be ok but it's the not knowing that I'm struggling with.
Hi I also have applied from Tirana in mid April for my spouse.

You can sort of track your application through the TLS Visa Centre but it is not necessarily very helpful. Once you have logged in, on the left hand side there is an option to click track my application. However in my case after we had received the Supreme Court Ruling letter the passport was returned and the TLS Visa Centre automatically presumed a decision had been made. As a result we cannot not even loggin as the system thinks we have completed the process. NOT VERY HELPFUL.

The only other option like other people have mentioned in the thread is to use the below link:
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... s/session/

However again this is not helpful as it only provides a status when the application has been decided therefore does not provide continual progress updates. But I do loggin everyday just in case a decision has been made!

Are you aware the Immigration Rules changed on 10 August to reflect the Supreme Court ruling. Applications which were paused will be considered from that date. If you were affected by this ruling it means the UKVI are starting to look at these applications and therefore we at the very least should receive an answer soon.

Since we have applied around the same time and from the same country it would be really beneficial to provide updates. I have wrote a long thread to my situation if it can provide any help.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:57 am

My story is;

App. Date 15 May 2017

Where is the location?
What do you do there?
Tell me their names
who is the director

Hi
Have u applied for the priority visa?
And have u ever escalated your case?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:02 am

Ish21 wrote:
My story is;

App. Date 15 May 2017

Where is the location?
What do you do there?
Tell me their names
who is the director

Hi iceicebaby90,

I got the same questioned asked on the 9th august they called me too, and also my employer. Hopefully we get a decision made soon insha'allah
Hi ish21
Have u escalated your case?
I think they are calling the people who have escalated their case.. bcz in India timeline one person also got a call from HO after escalated his case.

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:45 pm

Sydvir wrote:
Ish21 wrote:
My story is;

App. Date 15 May 2017

Where is the location?
What do you do there?
Tell me their names
who is the director

Hi iceicebaby90,

Hi ish21
I think they are calling the people who have escalated their case.. bcz in India timeline one person also got a call from HO after escalated his case.
Yes, i called up once and they said they would esclate it and also my husband sent them a message charging hin £5.48! And they sent him a esclate form thing to respond back to. Do you know how long they would take after this?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:51 pm

Ish21 wrote:
Sydvir wrote:
Ish21 wrote:
My story is;

App. Date 15 May 2017

Where is the location?
What do you do there?
Tell me their names
who is the director

Hi iceicebaby90,

Hi ish21
Yes, i called up once and they said they would esclate it and also my husband sent them a message charging hin £5.48! And they sent him a esclate form thing to respond back to. Do you know how long they would take after this?
Yah they told they will get back after 15 working days..
have u applied for priority visa?

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:15 pm

Yeh we applied for priority, how long would they take after the call?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:19 pm

I don't know about that .. we got the call on 25th of july.. but we haven't heard anything yet
It has been more than 10 working days .

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:08 pm

Did you esclate your case and also is it priority or standard?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:05 pm

Yes we sent that escalation form to them.but I'm not sure about whether they escalated it or not. Have u got any email after your case escalation ? Bcz I didn't get anything like that.
.no mine is standard.

givezemra
Newly Registered

Post by givezemra » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:22 pm

GeronimoBajramCurri wrote:
givezemra wrote:PEOPLE APPLYING FROM OUTSIDE UK

Hi all

Hi I also have applied from Tirana in mid April for my spouse.

You can sort of track your application through the TLS Visa Centre but it is not necessarily very helpful. Once you have logged in, on the left hand side there is an option to click track my application. However in my case after we had received the Supreme Court Ruling letter the passport was returned and the TLS Visa Centre automatically presumed a decision had been made. As a result we cannot not even loggin as the system thinks we have completed the process. NOT VERY HELPFUL.

The only other option like other people have mentioned in the thread is to use the below link:
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... s/session/

However again this is not helpful as it only provides a status when the application has been decided therefore does not provide continual progress updates. But I do loggin everyday just in case a decision has been made!

Are you aware the Immigration Rules changed on 10 August to reflect the Supreme Court ruling. Applications which were paused will be considered from that date. If you were affected by this ruling it means the UKVI are starting to look at these applications and therefore we at the very least should receive an answer soon.

Since we have applied around the same time and from the same country it would be really beneficial to provide updates. I have wrote a long thread to my situation if it can provide any help.
Hi

Yes I agree. I'll let you know if I hear anything else. I pray for a fast positive decision for us both.

I haven't seen my husband since 29th April and I'm going to see him in two weeks and I'm secretly hoping that the visa will be decided by then so that he can come back with me!

Are you in the uk or in Albania?

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:35 pm

I did ask my solicitor after the call that how long will they take for a decision to be made now, she said they usually take 4-6 weeks.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:40 pm

4-6 weeks after biometrics right?
But we have already passed 12. Weeks isn't it?

Sam5258
inactive

Post by Sam5258 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:42 pm

Sydvir wrote:Yes we sent that escalation form to them.but I'm not sure about whether they escalated it or not. Have u got any email after your case escalation ? Bcz I didn't get anything like that.
.no mine is standard.
Hi how do you know the case has been escalated? And how long after the call did they email you to say it has been escalated. I have called them and they said they would escalate it but I have had no updates, they said I would here back 15 working days later, it's now been 16 working days and I still haven't been contacted. Please can you share the process you went through please

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:58 pm

Sam5258 wrote:
Sydvir wrote:Yes we sent that escalation form to them.but I'm not sure about whether they escalated it or not. Have u got any email after your case escalation ? Bcz I didn't get anything like that.
.no mine is standard.
Hi how do you know the case has been escalated? And how long after the call did they email you to say it has been escalated. I have called them and they said they would escalate it but I have had no updates, they said I would here back 15 working days later, it's now been 16 working days and I still haven't been contacted. Please can you share the process you went through please
Hi
When we asked them for a status check .. they told that its awaiting decision and also they will escalate it and also sent us a escalation form via email .. we filled it and sent it to them on the same day(21/07/2017)
Then after few days we got a call from HO (25/07/2017) asking about my employment and also next day they contacted my employer as well.