ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zak786

Re: Falling short

Post by zak786 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:03 pm

[quote="nhbloke"]http://www.justanswer.com/uk-immigratio ... ugust.html

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/7seg8-h ... needs.html

Guys
In the two links above, on the same website the solicitor is giving to completely contradictory (totally opposite) advice.

The link you provided above where a solicitor has advised that the ILR will be refused if the applicant does not have visa to complete 10 years of lawful residence was actually asked by me on that website. My story is that I was 3 days short of actually completing 10 years. I had applied for ILR in August 2012 but in December 2012 I heard from someone that if the applicant does not have a valid visa to complete 10 years the application for ILR will be refused. So it was lot of panic for me and nobody seemed to know the answer for sure. I posted earlier links from whatdotheyknow.com in which UKBA replied to a similar query in which they said that having few days short of the qualifying period is not an issue as long as the applicant applies for ILR no more than 28 days prior to completing the qualifying period and has a valid leave to remain at the time of the application. However to put your mind at peace I received my ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence in May 2013. Hope this helps.

MALIK_KHAN
Newly Registered

flr(m) advice plz

Post by MALIK_KHAN » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:56 am

Hello to all senior members
I had applied last week my ILR on SET(LR) and also applied for my wife FLR(M) along as her visa was expiring as well but i am bit worried she was sent her biometric invite with in a week but i am still waiting although i have sent a request letter to uphold her application but still they sent her Biometric letter straight away.

i am worried they might decide her application straight away(which can only be refusal) while my application is still not concluded?? do i really need to worry or should i send another letter requesting uphold of her application ??
plz advice me regarding this
regards

lutforestry

Re: flr(m) advice plz

Post by lutforestry » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:20 am

MALIK_KHAN wrote:Hello to all senior members
I had applied last week my ILR on SET(LR) and also applied for my wife FLR(M) along as her visa was expiring as well but i am bit worried she was sent her biometric invite with in a week but i am still waiting although i have sent a request letter to uphold her application but still they sent her Biometric letter straight away.

i am worried they might decide her application straight away(which can only be refusal) while my application is still not concluded?? do i really need to worry or should i send another letter requesting uphold of her application ??
regards
I don't see any worries about it; Biometric invitation is normal process after sending any kind of application . Invitation of biometric varies from SET (LR) and FLR(M). Its does not mean that your wife application will be processed before your one. They will hold your wife application until you application being decided.

Regards
Lutfor

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:18 am

I mean no disrespect Malik but i think you should be more worry about your english grammar skills . :D

regards

Dawhizzy
Newly Registered

Post by Dawhizzy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:07 am

[quote="jony_dhaka"]I mean no disrespect Malik but i think you should be more worry about your english grammar skills . :D

To be fair jony_dhaka, your English isn't the best either... Not meaning to be rude #justsaying

On a different note, I am a new member to this forum and I must commend the works of the gurus and other senior members who provide sound advice to people here.

For the skydrive, I posted my set (LR) ILR application on July 12, fee deducted on July 16, biometric invite on July 26 and enrolled on July 29. I am still waiting to hear back. Thanks

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:37 am

I never said my english is the best but never seen anyone put three " But " in one sentence in my life before . I didn't mean to judge him but just find this very funny .Take it easy :) . We are all here like friend .Some time we do joke around with each other in this stressful time for a laugh because we are not robot .I am sorry you if think i was rude . Welcome to the forum :)
Dawhizzy wrote:. jony_dhaka said "I mean no disrespect Malik but i think you should be more worry about your english grammar skills . :D

To be fair jony_dhaka, your English isn't the best either... Not meaning to be rude #justsaying

On a different note, I am a new member to this forum and I must commend the works of the gurus and other senior members who provide sound advice to people here.

For the skydrive, I posted my set (LR) ILR application on July 12, fee deducted on July 16, biometric invite on July 26 and enrolled on July 29. I am still waiting to hear back. Thanks
Last edited by jony_dhaka on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

asjid73
Pakistan

Re: Varying Application

Post by asjid73 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:25 am

nhbloke wrote:
asjid73 wrote:
nhbloke wrote:
asjid73 wrote: yes i applied for tier 1 Nov12 and varied that application 19/04/13 when i completed 10 years i have not received any decision so for hopefully i will receive it in few weeks but its bit complected withdrawing application is expensive but very easy you going to lose your fee but much quicker and easy any way you can carry on your studies even you have ILR status
On SET (LR) form page 9 it says 'For the application to be valid and complete, you must provide your original current
passport or travel document unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on
the application form.'
Three options are given 1. Lost 2. Stolen and 3. Expired for both current and previous passports. No option is available to say 'passports already with UKBA'.
My question is, if someone has another outstanding application with UKBA at the time of ILR application, their passports will be with the UKBA already (as it is in your case), What can they do to get round this on the application? What did you do on your application? Did you write a cover letter to let them know that your passports are already with UKBA?

Many thanks
Dear Nhbloke yes when i send my variation application i send a covering letter with it and mention that ukba already got may passport and other paper work with initial application you can make later on an other request to ukba to linkup your paper work with varied application on application i write down ukba already got may passports and papers
Dear asjid73, thanks for your reply mate. Can you tell me one thing, you said you varied your Tier 1 application to ILR on 19/04/2013 when you completed 10 years. Do you mean you completed the full 10 years on 19/04/2013 or is it 28 days to your full 10 years?
Would be good if you could share exactly when you entered the country and when you completed the full 10 years.

Many thanks
Hi Nbloke i was entered in UK on 14/04/2003 my last visa was expiring on 08/01/2013 so i was short of three months then i applied Tier 1 entrepreneur visa Nov.12 my application was pending with HO i completed full ten years and then varied my Tier 1 application to ILR because if you don't have valid leave you cant make any new application you can only vary an application grounds if there is any pending application with HO .

TheDevil
Newly Registered

Post by TheDevil » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:55 am

Hi Ilr Friends,

First of all thank you for the great work you guys have been doing. This forum does get addictive when you are waiting for your ILR. It has been like my coffee every morning as i wake up :lol:

For skydrive, please update my details, Applied on 08th July 2013, Bio done on 22nd July 2013. And the wait is on , no surprises there :)

Have you ever heard of the saying, 'The blind, leading the blind' @Jony_dhaka. Just being curious 8)

Thanks in advance.

jony_dhaka

Re: Newbie

Post by jony_dhaka » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:42 am

Finally !! My plan is working !!. Pulling some new people in to this forum who were enjoying their coffee behind the curtain by my controversial comment .Hahaha Yes i know about 'The blind, leading the blind' . Now please don't start a lecture Devil . Going out and trying to have good day . Nice to meet some new people here and you have a good day too:)
TheDevil wrote:Hi Ilr Friends,

First of all thank you for the great work you guys have been doing. This forum does get addictive when you are waiting for your ILR. It has been like my coffee every morning as i wake up :lol:

For skydrive, please update my details, Applied on 08th July 2013, Bio done on 22nd July 2013. And the wait is on , no surprises there :)

Have you ever heard of the saying, 'The blind, leading the blind' @Jony_dhaka. Just being curious 8)

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by jony_dhaka on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manwar

FLRM withdrawl

Post by manwar » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:44 pm

HI,
I am waiting for my ILR from april 2013 and have sent my wifes flrm on the 10th of august. she has done her biometric and waiting as well. Our relationship is on the verge of complete breakdown. physical assault took place for few minutes as well. I have a daughter of 4 months. Can she or me withdraw her flrm application barring any effect on my 10 years ILR, which is pending? her visa expired but she can go back home with the baby without flrm approval!

R556

Post by R556 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:43 pm

mirak wrote:Hello everyone,

Firstly, i would like to thank all the people who are making a contribution to this wonderful forum. It has been a great source of information for me. I have been a silent follower for months, and now it's time to make my application.

I have a question about the photocopies that need to be submitted with the application. I understand you should provide photocopies of 'any pages of the passport that contain personal details, visas or immigration stamps (foreign or UK).' However, it's not clear to me whether ALL stamps in the passport need to be photocopied, even those which are irrelevant to the application (i.e. trips outside the 10-year period, or trips while already outside the UK).

I don’t want to provide more information than needed, as that generally slows down the process.

Has anyone got any information about this?

Only from the date of your first entry into the UK

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:34 pm

jony_dhaka wrote:I mean no disrespect Malik but i think you should be more worry about your english grammar skills . :D

regards
Jony Dhaka:
This forum has been created to assist each others rather than showing English language expertise. To be honest I cant find any flaw in his query and as long as we understand each others view its more than enough irrespective of any language flaw.
This is basically an informal discussion so chances of errors can not be ruled out.
No offense but I would suggest you to please help others and if you cant then stay quite instead of posting irrelevant, contentious and sarcastic messages.
Thanks

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:09 pm

Attention please :
Provide your information in below format:

Example :
Application sent: 26 /03/2013
Took money from my account: 02 /04/2013
Acknowledgement: 04/04/2013

Biometric letter received: 09/04 /2013
Biometric done (at PO): 09/04 /2013

Documents Received: waiting..
Biometric (ILR) Card Received:waiting ..

Requesting'' Damanisshallo'' to upgread them in skydive. I think you are the only one who can edit skydive at the moment .

'MALIK_KHAN '..............???

'mirak'............................???

'Dawhizzy 'posted set (LR) ILR application on July 12, fee deducted on July 16, biometric invite on July 26 and enrolled on July 29.

'TheDevil' Applied on 08th July 2013, Bio done on 22nd July 2013.

'Arsal385'................................???

''R556''...................................???

''nhbloke ''...............................???

Thank you .

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:36 pm

jony_dhaka wrote:Requesting'' Damanisshallo'' to upgread them in skydive. I think you are the only one who can edit skydive at the moment.

Sorry, the previous link was corrupted. Please save this new link to your favourites and let me know if this doesn't work.

http://sdrv.ms/18fE58V

Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:49 pm

Thanx .It's working now .
Damanisshallo wrote:
jony_dhaka wrote:Requesting'' Damanisshallo'' to upgread them in skydive. I think you are the only one who can edit skydive at the moment.

Sorry, the previous link was corrupted. Please save this new link to your favourites and let me know if this doesn't work.

http://sdrv.ms/18fE58V

naqeeb

Query

Post by naqeeb » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:42 pm

Hi,

Can anyone help. Just want to find out if i get ILR in long residence category and my partner resides in India what Form and Category should she apply i.e as dependent. Just wanted to get all paperwork and documents ready.

Thanks in advance

Naqeeb

xshayaanx

Post by xshayaanx » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Regardless of the Language debate , other members might got off the wrong foot, must say your doing great job with your contributions to the group. Love the analysis and all.
We are all in this together, Like everyone else I have made it my habit to check for new posts. I admit I dont check my facebook as often as this forum.
Lets keep it together guys, we have dark cold days to endure together! Unity in numbers people!

jony_dhaka wrote:Attention please :
Provide your information in below format:

Example :
Application sent: 26 /03/2013
Took money from my account: 02 /04/2013
Acknowledgement: 04/04/2013

Biometric letter received: 09/04 /2013
Biometric done (at PO): 09/04 /2013

Documents Received: waiting..
Biometric (ILR) Card Received:waiting ..

Requesting'' Damanisshallo'' to upgread them in skydive. I think you are the only one who can edit skydive at the moment .

'MALIK_KHAN '..............???

'mirak'............................???

'Dawhizzy 'posted set (LR) ILR application on July 12, fee deducted on July 16, biometric invite on July 26 and enrolled on July 29.

'TheDevil' Applied on 08th July 2013, Bio done on 22nd July 2013.

'Arsal385'................................???

''R556''...................................???

''nhbloke ''...............................???

Thank you .
Applied 17-12-13
Forwarded to BHC 03-01-14
Waiting...

jorgos82

My Application

Post by jorgos82 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:37 pm

Application sent: 03/06/2013
Money taken: 05/06/2013
Acknowledgment letter: 17/06/2013

Biometric done: 24/06/2013

Passport: waiting
Visa: waiting

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:33 pm

jony_dhaka wrote:I never said my english is the best but never seen anyone put three " But " in one sentence in my life before . I didn't mean to judge him but just find this very funny .Take it easy :) . We are all here like friend .Some time we do joke around with each other in this stressful time for a laugh because we are not robot .I am sorry you if think i was rude . Welcome to the forum :)
Dawhizzy wrote:. jony_dhaka said "I mean no disrespect Malik but i think you should be more worry about your english grammar skills . :D

Hi every one i think we should not talk about peoples English skills on the forum and focus on the immigration meters people discuses on forum English skills could be a barrier for the people to come on forum and discuss their problems

lucky13

Post by lucky13 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:59 pm

asjid73 wrote:
jony_dhaka wrote:I never said my english is the best but never seen anyone put three " But " in one sentence in my life before . I didn't mean to judge him but just find this very funny .Take it easy :) . We are all here like friend .Some time we do joke around with each other in this stressful time for a laugh because we are not robot .I am sorry you if think i was rude . Welcome to the forum :)

Hi every one i think we should not talk about peoples English skills on the forum and focus on the immigration meters people discuses on forum English skills could be a barrier for the people to come on forum and discuss their problems
Please lets get over it…

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Query

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:02 pm

naqeeb wrote:Hi,

Can anyone help. Just want to find out if i get ILR in long residence category and my partner resides in India what Form and Category should she apply i.e as dependent. Just wanted to get all paperwork and documents ready.

Thanks in advance

Naqeeb
VAF4A Form with Appendix 2 Financial Requirement Form
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:52 am

Has anyone applied and gained ILR on the basis of long residence by post having a shortfall in their qualifying period like a month or so.

Especially with the understanding; that by the time case worker looked into their case they will meet-up the required qualifying period.

Thanks
N/A

naqeeb

Post by naqeeb » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:09 am

Thanks Buddy
Damanisshallo wrote:
naqeeb wrote:Hi,

Thanks in advance

Naqeeb
VAF4A Form with Appendix 2 Financial Requirement Form

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:44 pm

Tier 4 wrote:Has anyone applied and gained ILR on the basis of long residence by post having a shortfall in their qualifying period like a month or so.

Especially with the understanding; that by the time case worker looked into their case they will meet-up the required qualifying period.

Thanks
depends on how "shortfall" you are

See the discussion in the previous two pages

V_Q_22
Newly Registered

overstay more than 28days

Post by V_Q_22 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:50 pm

I overstayed for more than 28days 9yrs ago and now I am worried my ILR will be refused , has anyone been granted for ILR after overstaying for more than 28days? Please reply