ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

debs1999
Newly Registered

flr(fp) mother of a british child

Post by debs1999 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:47 am

hello board, is it too early to apply as the dependant of my british child as the father has not been in contact for 2 months now? because i was checking the section 8 of the form which is asking about when last the father had contact with the child . do you think i can be refused on the basis that its just two months ago that he had contacted us last? please i need a reply soon as i am a newbie here.
thanks

Goodness&Mercy
Newly Registered

Post by Goodness&Mercy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Hi Deb,
Just my perception from my little research from assisting a close friend,am sure older members would be able to advise you better.My perception is if you are applying as the mother of a British child and particularly if the child lives with you there is no restriction on when you apply,I also thought if you are still within your leave to remain you have a stronger ground.
I could be wrong but that was the understanding from checking the rules has at beginning of October.
Try looking under the parent of child section of the immigration policy pending when other s give you a respond.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:26 pm

QUICK UPDATE:

Today is 17 days and still never receive the decision the UKBA claim they dispatched since on 28th November 2013..

To my surprise, my solicitor just told me today that the UKBA called him today and asked him for my home address, but he said he told them that i am homeless so i don't have address.

Anyone have idea why they asked my solicitor my home address again? because they've already dispatched decision and also they already asked me by mail and i told them i am homeless so i don't have address. Even though they already asked my solicitor few weeks ago too.

Whats going on?

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Ale001

k_alibaba

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by k_alibaba » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:20 am

Hi All.
I posted my wife and daughter's DLR-extension today.
Here is my time line

Date Applied/Docs sent: 16/12/2013
Date Received Ack. Letter: waiting
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: waiting
Date Biometrics Done at PO : waiting
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: waiting
Date Biometrics received : waiting

now long wait start.. and will be accompanied you guys.. best of luck all of you...x

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:55 am

ale001 wrote:QUICK UPDATE:

Today is 17 days and still never receive the decision the UKBA claim they dispatched since on 28th November 2013..

To my surprise, my solicitor just told me today that the UKBA called him today and asked him for my home address, but he said he told them that i am homeless so i don't have address.

Anyone have idea why they asked my solicitor my home address again? because they've already dispatched decision and also they already asked me by mail and i told them i am homeless so i don't have address. Even though they already asked my solicitor few weeks ago too.

Whats going on?

@Ale Its really odd, like some weird Bermuda triangle .... the only other thing that comes to mind is due to the high volume of mail being sent because of Christmas it could ve been lost or something.... But then Home Office seem to be unfazed by this .... really strange....

@k_alibaba Well done hun! Hopefully the wait wont be too long for you!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:05 am

verbina wrote:

Whats going on?

@Ale Its really odd, like some weird Bermuda triangle .... the only other thing that comes to mind is due to the high volume of mail being sent because of Christmas it could ve been lost or something.... But then Home Office seem to be unfazed by this .... really strange....

I couldn't talk much with my solicitor yesterday, but today i asked my solicitor about it today. He said the UKBA called him yesterday and confirmed to him again that they've dispatched it since 28th of November 2013. He said it was just a courtesy call from the UKBA yesterday when they asked him my address again and he told them i am homeless so i don't have address. He said the call was just a courtesy call. But am still not satisfied why they asked my address again from him since they've already dispatched decision to my solicitor.

Still waiting anyway
Ale001

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:09 am

ale001 wrote:
verbina wrote:

Whats going on?

I couldn't talk much with my solicitor yesterday, but today i asked my solicitor about it today. He said the UKBA called him yesterday and confirmed to him again that they've dispatched it since 28th of November 2013. He said it was just a courtesy call from the UKBA yesterday when they asked him my address again and he told them i am homeless so i don't have address. He said the call was just a courtesy call. But am still not satisfied why they asked my address again from him since they've already dispatched decision to my solicitor.

Still waiting anyway
Yeah you re right! Thats quite bizarre! Besides, wtf a courtesy call from them? I mean courtesy-UKBA its an oxymoron!!

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:11 am

verbina wrote:
ale001 wrote:
verbina wrote:

Whats going on?

Still waiting anyway
Yeah you re right! Thats quite bizarre! Besides, wtf a courtesy call from them? I mean courtesy-UKBA its an oxymoron!!
Even promoron :D
Ale001

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:16 am

ale001 wrote:
verbina wrote:
ale001 wrote:
verbina wrote:

Still waiting anyway
Ha ! i dont know what promoron means! so im gonna google it!! :lol:

Ta da! I got it now :oops: :oops: :oops:

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:20 am

verbina wrote:
ale001 wrote:
verbina wrote:
ale001 wrote:

Still waiting anyway
Ha ! i dont know what promoron means! so im gonna google it!! :lol:

Ta da! I got it now :oops: :oops: :oops:
Verbina, does BRC arrive with decision?
Ale001

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:22 am

BRP you mean? Apparently not, you get your decision first, then your BRP card... I may be wrong though

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:24 am

verbina wrote:BRP you mean? Apparently not, you get your decision first, then your BRP card... I may be wrong though
Yes BRP, oh i see, i think i heard some people got theirs even before decision arrives, but am not sure
Ale001

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:29 am

ale001 wrote:
verbina wrote:BRP you mean? Apparently not, you get your decision first, then your BRP card... I may be wrong though
Yes BRP, oh i see, i think i heard some people got theirs even before decision arrives, but am not sure
Oh really? Then it probably is different for everyone, depending on caseworker bla bla....

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:29 am

verbina wrote:
ale001 wrote:
Oh really? Then it probably is different for everyone, depending on caseworker bla bla....
ooook
Ale001

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:01 am

ale001 wrote:
verbina wrote:

Whats going on?

Still waiting anyway
Good morning

I feel for you Ale001. In my opinion though (which may not be welcome) I strongly urge you to co-operate fully with the authorities as you are obliged to do so. They asked for a home address even if you claim you are homeless can you not give them a temporary one? I recall vividly too a few months ago you were asked to sign in and you decided not to because you had your valid reasons - understandable but did you/solicitors inform them of these reasons? Your solicitors are best placed to advise you to be honest. Would be interested to know what their take is on all this! I do hope your package arrives finally. All the best!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:22 am

Believe2013 wrote:
ale001 wrote:
verbina wrote:

Whats going on?

Still waiting anyway
Good morning

I feel for you Ale001. In my opinion though (which may not be welcome) I strongly urge you to co-operate fully with the authorities as you are obliged to do so. They asked for a home address even if you claim you are homeless can you not give them a temporary one? I recall vividly too a few months ago you were asked to sign in and you decided not to because you had your valid reasons - understandable but did you/solicitors inform them of these reasons? Your solicitors are best placed to advise you to be honest. Would be interested to know what their take is on all this! I do hope your package arrives finally. All the best!
Yes my solicitor told them reason then and they agreed.

About address, someone just told me now that maybe another staff just see that its only my solicitor address they have and not mine, so maybe thats why they called my solicitor for my home address to send copy of the decision to, but am not really sure. Because i wonder too why they ask my solicitor my address since they've already dispatched decision.
Ale001

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:29 am

ale001 wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
ale001 wrote:
verbina wrote:

Still waiting anyway
Good morning

About address, someone just told me now that maybe another staff just see that its only my solicitor address they have and not mine, so maybe thats why they called my solicitor for my home address to send copy of the decision to, but am not really sure. Because i wonder too why they ask my solicitor my address since they've already dispatched decision.
Ok I see, thanks - Maybe give them a courtesy call.....
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:32 am

Believe2013 wrote:
ale001 wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
ale001 wrote:

Still waiting anyway
Good morning

Ok I see, thanks - Maybe give them a courtesy call.....
Don't even understand this courtesy call of a thing :D
Ale001

Ma logo
Newly Registered

Post by Ma logo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:52 pm

[quote="ale001"]QUICK UPDATE:

Whats going on?

@ale001 I really sympathise with you, 17 days is a very long time for mail to arrive, even 2nd class. When H/O rang me to confirm my address, I gave them my solicitor's address as l didn't know what they were upto, few days later, they sent the signing letter, my solicitor is far from where l live and knowing this is why they were asking for my address l decided to ring them and give them my address In order to get a nearer signing centre.

My opinion is they definitely need your address for you to sign on.(jst my opinion)

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Ma logo wrote:

Whats going on?

@ale001 I really sympathise with you, 17 days is a very long time for mail to arrive, even 2nd class. When H/O rang me to confirm my address, I gave them my solicitor's address as l didn't know what they were upto, few days later, they sent the signing letter, my solicitor is far from where l live and knowing this is why they were asking for my address l decided to ring them and give them my address In order to get a nearer signing centre.

My opinion is they definitely need your address for you to sign on.(jst my opinion)
Ok thanks, does asking someone to go and sign means the decision is negative? even if the decision has not yet arrive?
Ale001

Ma logo
Newly Registered

Post by Ma logo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:49 pm

ale001 wrote:
Ma logo wrote:

Whats going on?

Ok thanks, does asking someone to go and sign means the decision is negative? even if the decision has not yet arrive?

To b honest nothing is ever clear with the H/O unless u receive something written. In my case for example,( found a not miserable guy wen l went to sign today) he told me the reason am signing is because they received my PAP at the end of August,(no acknowledgement or anything) can u imagine......and instead of them making a decision, they decide l should start signing EVERY WEEK Isn't that ridiculous??!!! Anyway all l can say to u, however hard it is, keep ur head up n keep praying. Only God decides our destiny. Be blessed

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:01 am

Ma logo wrote:
ale001 wrote:
Ma logo wrote:

Whats going on?

To b honest nothing is ever clear with the H/O unless u receive something written. In my case for example,( found a not miserable guy wen l went to sign today) he told me the reason am signing is because they received my PAP at the end of August,(no acknowledgement or anything) can u imagine......and instead of them making a decision, they decide l should start signing EVERY WEEK Isn't that ridiculous??!!! Anyway all l can say to u, however hard it is, keep ur head up n keep praying. Only God decides our destiny. Be blessed
Yes thats what i believe too, only God decides.

Thanks
Ale001

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:02 am

Hello Verbina and beleive, what happened to your applications??

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:40 am

junaidmirza wrote:Hello Verbina and beleive, what happened to your applications??
Hello luv! Hope all is well with you!

Been asked for additional evidence also for my daughters birth certificate with my real name on it (as I stupidly registered her using a *bad quality* ID with a different name/nationality on it).

Anyway HO are aware of that *other* name I used, so I asked my social worker to write to HO on my behalf and explain that Im really the mother despite the birth cert, also I wrote a letter myself explaining why the name on the birth certificate hadnt been changed...

So back to waiting for now...

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:15 pm

verbina wrote:
junaidmirza wrote:Hello Verbina and beleive, what happened to your applications??
Hello luv! Hope all is well with you!

Been asked for additional evidence also for my daughters birth certificate with my real name on it (as I stupidly registered her using a *bad quality* ID with a different name/nationality on it).

Anyway HO are aware of that *other* name I used, so I asked my social worker to write to HO on my behalf and explain that Im really the mother despite the birth cert, also I wrote a letter myself explaining why the name on the birth certificate hadnt been changed...

So back to waiting for now...
Surely, your case is %99.9 approved

Congrats in advance.. :D
Ale001