ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:53 pm

king2be98 wrote:
Shazia1104 wrote:dear king2be98, i am not sure how trained the additional staff would be but i would expect UKBA to have employed trained staff considering the amount of backlog they have, wont you??
In this sector, you don't employ someone who can get working straight away, employing anyone in any sector means, a period of training before they can be left on their own to do their work. In most industries, it's at least 6 months before you are completely able to work on your own.

As I stated before, they employed more staff on the 1st of October, the improvements in processing time are not immediate, they take a few months at the earliest.
What you on about King2be98. You are the most negative person i have ever seen. May be they have introduced new staff from other UKBA offices who are already trained.

And to answer to your stupid observation that the improvements in processing time are not immediate, Just look at the latest processing times which have improved from the previous figures i-e they are now 69% with in 90 days and 95% within 120 days.

You are not a geniune applicant like us who are experiencing these delays and you are just here to piss people off.

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Im afraid but i disagree with you king2be98, additional staff doesnt necessary mean unexperienced staff does it? We have to look at statistics on UKBA, it clearly says they have processed more applications than in the last few months.
Inshallah all of us waiting will be hearing good news very soon :)
Applied at Islamabad: 25/06/2012
Under process at BHC: 09/07/2012

Week 21... INSHA'ALLAH it will be granted soon. Please make dua people and my duas are with everyone out there.

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:05 pm

all the best to you Akhan :) hope your wife joins you soon Inshallah as they dont allow 7 months pregnanat women to go on the plane unfortunately.

Week 21... INSHA'ALLAH it will be granted soon. Please make dua people and my duas are with everyone out there.

zny
Newly Registered

Post by zny » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:46 pm

When i applied for my husbands visa i printed out the call log online will they accept this

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:16 pm

solospy wrote:What you on about King2be98. You are the most negative person i have ever seen. May be they have introduced new staff from other UKBA offices who are already trained.

And to answer to your stupid observation that the improvements in processing time are not immediate, Just look at the latest processing times which have improved from the previous figures i-e they are now 69% with in 90 days and 95% within 120 days.

You are not a geniune applicant like us who are experiencing these delays and you are just here to piss people off.
Other UKBA staff from other offices. The other offices they have are in other countries, there's only 1 office in Pakistan. You can launch all yoru scatching personal attacks all you like, but I am stating facts. In how many sectors do you see full trained people ready to make decisions and follow processes from the outset?

The reduction in handling time over recent weeks, is purely due to the fact there are fewer applicants at this time of the year. Once again you are trying to abuse someone rather than think logically. If they are employing new staff on Oct 1, just 4 days ago, how does that affect processing times of applications returned in August or July? You're not making any sense whatsoever.

I'm not here to piss anyone off, it just seems like all of you want to hear lies that make you feel good.

Processing times are long and they will continue to be long for a few weeks at least. Bear in mind, wedding season is about to commence, so there will be a further surge in the number of applications.

omed

spouse visa status

Post by omed » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:26 pm

hi guys i dont know why admin has allowed king2be89 to comment on here instead of encoraging ppl he is giving as more headache by this i wud req admin to block this person u all should write to admin 2
bye

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:30 pm

A logical argument is clearly too hard for many to understand. I for one agree with king2be. People hired in October will not speed up decision making in August. Common sense.

Above all, both king and batley's posts have been loads more helpful to applicants than most of the individual posts here combined. Each post of theirs has a certain rationale, sound advice and is hopeful... not full of long prayers and moans. I say that as a neutral observer who visits this forum for guidance.

Just my two pence worth.

HSKHAN
Newly Registered

Post by HSKHAN » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:46 pm

king2be98 wrote:
solospy wrote:What you on about King2be98. You are the most negative person i have ever seen. May be they have introduced new staff from other UKBA offices who are already trained.

Other UKBA staff from other offices. The other offices they have are in other countries, there's only 1 office in Pakistan. You can launch all yoru scatching personal attacks all you like, but I am stating facts. In how many sectors do you see full trained people ready to make decisions and follow processes from the outset?

The reduction in handling time over recent weeks, is purely due to the fact there are fewer applicants at this time of the year. Once again you are trying to abuse someone rather than think logically. If they are employing new staff on Oct 1, just 4 days ago, how does that affect processing times of applications returned in August or July? You're not making any sense whatsoever.

I'm not here to piss anyone off, it just seems like all of you want to hear lies that make you feel good.

Processing times are long and they will continue to be long for a few weeks at least. Bear in mind, wedding season is about to commence, so there will be a further surge in the number of applications.
Now you have reduced the processing time delays from 6 months to mere weeks?
I also believe that the reduction in processing times will not be immediate but they will also not take 6 months before we can see any improvements. I think we can expect to see improvements within 1 to 2months time.[/i]

m3y

Post by m3y » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:19 pm

None of us know when the staff were employed. When I spoke to my mp back in August he told me extra staff were being taken on so it is possible they have been trained. Also it is not necessary that any new staff are involved in decision making, they could be used in a capacity to chase up document verification etc and the decision making done by senior eco's.

My point is none of us know, not the king nor anyone else. Processing times are improving so hopefully people won't have to wait as long as some of us have.
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Shazia1104 wrote:all the best to you Akhan :) hope your wife joins you soon Inshallah as they dont allow 7 months pregnanat women to go on the plane unfortunately.
Thank you. InshaAllah she will get the visa before that time.
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

Zafarabbas5
Newly Registered

Post by Zafarabbas5 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:52 am

Shazia1104 wrote:Thats my date of birth Zaffar :) sincerely wish you good luck and please make dua for me
Thats greattt. My prayers r with u!! Please do
Dua for me to! Hopefully our prayers will be answerd
Fast!!

Scottishraja

Post by Scottishraja » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:13 am

Some good news and intresting reading..............

The Chief Inspector publishes a re-inspection of the UK Border Agency’s visa sections in Abu Dhabi and Islamabad
The Abu Dhabi and Islamabad visa sections are two of the largest overseas visa sections by volume of applications in the UK Border Agency. On his re- inspection of the Agency’s visa operation in Abu Dhabi and Islamabad the Chief Inspector said “I was particularly interested to establish what actions had been taken as a result of the recommendations in my previous inspection and overall I am pleased to say I saw considerable improvements.”

The Chief Inspector was particularly pleased to note:

improved performance against customer service processing targets and an improvement in the quality of decision making in other visitor, Tier 4 (students) and settlement cases;
New procedures and initiatives being implemented to further improve the quality of decision making;
In direct response to a previous recommendation both visa sections had carried out work to examine the reasons refusal decisions were overturned at appeal and analysed the data to find common themes which were circulated to entry clearance staff and had led to improvements in the quality of decision making; and
that both Abu Dhabi and Islamabad had a clear complaints handling process in place which was set out in internal guidance and staff had received training on complaints handling and complaints identification in both posts.
However, the Chief Inspector’s report did highlight that:

despite findings from previous inspections and the issuing of internal guidance there were still a number of cases where staff failed to retain sufficient supporting documents on file, particularly in settlement cases where entry clearance had been granted;
whilst an increase in the number of verification checks was noted there were still too many cases where it was felt checks were required but not carried out; and
RALON staff in Islamabad reported they had received only limited formal forgery training and not all Entry Clearance Officers had completed the mandatory document fraud e-learning course
John Vine, Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration, said:

“I was pleased to find a lot of work had been carried out in response to my earlier recommendations, which has led to improvements within both visa sections. I noted a significant improvement in the quality and consistency of decision making and I was particularly pleased to find that, in contrast to my previous inspection, visa section staff were no longer treating Pakistani nationals unfairly – a significant finding at the time of my previous inspection.

“The number of cases where an audit trail has not been kept as part of the decision making process is still too high and this, in addition to being problematic for the Agency if decisions are challenged, makes it difficult for me to determine the basis on which the decision had been made. I was also concerned at the number of cases still being refused entry clearance for failing to provide information, which they could not have been aware they needed when submitting their application a practice which is unfair on the applicants.

“I was pleased to find a clearer more robust correspondence and complaints handling process but also found that there remain opportunities for increased management oversight of correspondence.

“Overall, both posts were much improved.”
Married 09/06/2011
Applied at Gerrys 14/05/2012
Application forwarded to BHC 25/05/2012
Ready for Collection 18/10/2012
114 working days and got RFC
Yes/No ???????

Scottishraja

Post by Scottishraja » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:14 am

http://icinspector.independent.gov.uk/w ... amabad.pdf

A re-inspection of the UK Border Agency visa section in Abu Dhabi and Islamabad
Married 09/06/2011
Yes/No ???????

m3y

Post by m3y » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:33 am

Scottishraja wrote:http://icinspector.independent.gov.uk/w ... amabad.pdf

A re-inspection of the UK Border Agency visa section in Abu Dhabi and Islamabad

Yeah I read that... Good to see they are improving, still work to do but understandable that mistakes will be made... It's what they to handle those mistakes that needs to improve. Any appeal based on the mistake of ukba should be dealt with in priority.. Any mistake from the applicant (eg not registering nikkah Namah) then it's fair enough that the full appeal and review process is followed
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

hilal12
Newly Registered

Post by hilal12 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:14 pm

applied from karachi
Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on : 5/04/2012
Application under process at British High Commission on : 20/04/2012
reply for delay: 3.09.12
Call for Collection : 4.10.12
Collection made : 5.10.12
Decision : Given hamdulillah

I have been following this forum for sometime and it has been at times the only source of some hope in this long wait.

Thanks to all who have kept us informed of their status and those who have given helpful advise. Inshallah all the best to everyone and dont loose faith, no matter what the outcome may be. Tawakallah in his Hikmah.

Scottishraja

Post by Scottishraja » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Congratulations :P

All the best.
Married 09/06/2011
Yes/No ???????

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:51 pm

Congratulations !!!!!! Another happy couple Mashallah... please make dua for the rest of us :)

angelkhan

hey

Post by angelkhan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:39 pm

i can understand hw it is feeling with the long wait it seems like hell buh inshallah all hopes on all we should run after allah and turn to him rather then emailing officers and mps its the best place to turn cuz all will never let us down if we allways keep faith in him and just stay on the right path hw can we hpe to have our duas accepted if we kee on saying i worshiped all night and nuffing happened or i gave niyaz or if u say i did the niyat of doing sadqa buh still allah hasent accepted my prayer u really want ur prays to be accepted then keep full faith in alah and always turn to him before anyone else and surely ur duas will be accepted inshallah and wat ever happens is for the best if ur visa gets accepted or not cuz later on in life u will realise wat happened was for the bestx plzzz make dua for me 2 nd i will surely do 4 u alll

omed

congrates ti hjlal12

Post by omed » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:00 pm

hey congrates 2 u nd ur partner nd yu may hv a gr8 life ahead...
can u plz post ur updates from gerryz website i mean ur trackin number.

app 060712 ISL
Forwarded to oc 070712
sTill same no changes made .
13 weeks 2day which is 65 working day Ya ALLAH THIS WAIT IS KILLIING!!

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:57 pm

U only a week after me, hope to get the good news soon Inshallah

skstar

Re: congrates ti hjlal12

Post by skstar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:10 pm

omed wrote:hey congrates 2 u nd ur partner nd yu may hv a gr8 life ahead...
can u plz post ur updates from gerryz website i mean ur trackin number.

app 060712 ISL
Forwarded to oc 070712
sTill same no changes made .
13 weeks 2day which is 65 working day Ya ALLAH THIS WAIT IS KILLIING!!
You applied a day after us! Yup completed 13 weeks, next week 14th!!

shuby

Post by shuby » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:52 pm

Doea anyone know When you recieve the letter of apology? Because its been almost 24 weeks and i havent headd any letter. Thanmz

arbab000
Newly Registered

Post by arbab000 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:41 am

Mashallah.... Congrats

scorpio7

Post by scorpio7 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:15 am

shuby wrote:Doea anyone know When you recieve the letter of apology? Because its been almost 24 weeks and i havent headd any letter. Thanmz
I havent even received any letter till now either.I think none of the April applicants have.

shuby

Post by shuby » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:42 am

scorpio7 wrote:
shuby wrote:Doea anyone know When you recieve the letter of apology? Because its been almost 24 weeks and i havent headd any letter. Thanmz
I havent even received any letter till now either.I think none of the April applicants have.
Do you think thata because they itending to have it done within the 24 weeks deadline? Or have they jus forgoten about us lol