ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cirius
Newly Registered

Re: Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Post by cirius » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:08 pm

Did anyone that had status "Decided" had a negative answer back- I mean his application rejected? Thank you.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:38 am

Yanki1974 wrote:
sahramkhalidi wrote:Hi,

Anyone here had to send back their BRP card due to error in name or anything in the card, please share your idea I am in desperate of knowing how long it takes for the HO to send me a new one ?

thanks
Why dont you contact your case worker directly. Check the name of the person that addressed your letter and state your urgency.
Add a dot in between the first name and surname name@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
I contested the date I acquired my permanent residence yesterday with my caseworker and she responded today agreeing to change the date and she will send me another letter to confirm this.
I posted a letter and I am thinking to write him email too and send him directly, do you think would give response back

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:25 am

cirius wrote:Did anyone that had status "Decided" had a negative answer back- I mean his application rejected? Thank you.
Yes I have been refused because of lack of documents and I have reapplied. Decided means u have to wait only a week from the date to find out ur fate.

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:43 am

sahramkhalidi wrote:
Yanki1974 wrote:

Anyone here had to send back their BRP card due to error in name or anything in the card, please share your idea I am in desperate of knowing how long it takes for the HO to send me a new one ?

thanks
You are what I describe as "a gone case". At 21 I would expect a modicum of sense and maturity. You are spamming this forum with 90 posts in 1.5 months. This is not an "anguished auntie" page.
You are asking a question even HO case workers cannot answer because the time frame depends on the case. This is a rare case and too late have you realised your solicitor is inefficient. Since you need your passport for travel, the thing to do is to write to HO providing photocopies of your passport and explaining your case. Your BPR is a worthless document for ANY other transaction. It is only certifying you have a right to reside. It is a vignette on your passport and nobody will see it untill u apply for citizenship. So banks, uni, licence authorities are not concerned.
Writing to the case worker will not help because he has not made the error. It appears certainly your solicitor has. If you have a copy of the application check how the form was filled. By the time you return you will have a letter from HO and then send the passport for rectification.

cirius
Newly Registered

Post by cirius » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:00 pm

ajitk1 wrote:
cirius wrote:Did anyone that had status "Decided" had a negative answer back- I mean his application rejected? Thank you.
Yes I have been refused because of lack of documents and I have reapplied. Decided means u have to wait only a week from the date to find out ur fate.
Thank you.

arunarchery

Post by arunarchery » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:21 pm

cirius wrote:
ajitk1 wrote:
Ajitk1 How long after apply you have refused

Typa75
Newly Registered

Post by Typa75 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:35 am

Hi All,

My mums timeline, retired Italian National.

Online application for EEA PR as a qualified person.

Application submitted: 23/05/2017
Money taken: 23/05/2017
Email confirmation with case ID received: 23/05/2017
Documents sent: 24/05/2017 Via EPCS
Documents received: 25/05/2017
Application status: Decided on 28/07/2017 (checked online)
Permanent residence card received: waiting

My timeline:

Online application for EEA PR as a qualified person, Italian Working Citizen.

Application submitted: 22/05/2017
Money taken: 22/05/2017
Email confirmation with case ID received: 22/05/2017
Application status: Waiting Decision(checked online)

I am a bit worried as I sent both mine and my mom's application (2 separate applications) on the same day and mine is still waiting decision while hers has already been decided.
Any particular reason why mine is delayed? Any guesses?

Thanks

Crentsil03

Post by Crentsil03 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:26 am

HO work in different ways, bcos your application was two different types so the document will go
to different case workers. So the processing time will be different.

priscipessina
Newly Registered

Post by priscipessina » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:31 pm

My timeline:

Online application for EEA national as well as for family member of EEA national
Application submitted together
Applications submitted: 25/05/2017 (filled in online and sent through the passport return service)
Money taken: 24/05/2017
Email confirmation with case ID received: 25/05/2017 (non EEA) and 27/07/2017 (EEA)
Documents sent: 25/05/2017 (sent through the passport return service)
Documents received: 26/05/2017
Application status: both waiting for a decision (both application status updated on the respected dates of the email confirmation received
Biometric request (received by post): 29/07/2017
Biometric done : 31/07/2017

Does anybody have any idea why there is such a delay between the receipt of my documents and their confirmation in comparison to my husband's ?

Salsun
Newly Registered

Post by Salsun » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi, I have permanent residence sine 1991 exercising treaty right and is of French nationality. My sister's son is dependent on me and we applied for his residence card last year as an extended family. His application was refused in April 2016 reason of not providing evidence of how we are related and not providing proof of my nephews identity. However there was an appeal at the same time on article 8 which got refused in May 2017 and the judge said that he doesn't meet regulation 8 because he can't see any rc application . Therefore his solicitor put a fresh application in 31 may 17. While he went reporting to HO on 28 June he was detained without any previous warning. His new application was on fast track because his removal was imminent . And his application got refused again on 21 July 17 due to the lack of providing a valid passport with no right of appeal, but we can redress this by other legal matter.
He was going to provide his passport which was renewed in his country on 10 July which we received in uk this week. Now we got a solicitor to write a pre action protocol to challenge the home office. Our worries and questions are when will they released him and in case they ask him for his passport just to remove him from uk. Any advice would be much appreciated .
Thank you

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:09 pm

arunarchery wrote:
cirius wrote:
ajitk1 wrote:
Ajitk1 How long after apply you have refused
I am EU national. My refusal came back after 4 months.

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:12 pm

Typa75 wrote:Hi All,

My timeline:

I am a bit worried as I sent both mine and my mom's application (2 separate applications) on the same day and mine is still waiting decision while hers has already been decided.

Thanks
Yes your documents require additional scrutiny. Retired persons who lived 3 years and worked one year during the last 3 years get it without any documents but obviously your case is different. Your case will take approximately 4 months from application.

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:18 pm

Salsun wrote:Hi, I have permanent residence sine 1991 exercising treaty right and is of French nationality. My sister's son is dependent on me and we applied for his residence card last year as an extended family. His application was refused in April 2016 reason of not providing evidence of how we are related and not providing proof of my nephews identity. However there was an appeal at the same time on article 8 which got refused in May 2017 and the judge said that he doesn't meet regulation 8 because he can't see any rc application . Therefore his solicitor put a fresh application in 31 may 17. While he went reporting to HO on 28 June he was detained without any previous warning. His new application was on fast track because his removal was imminent . And his application got refused again on 21 July 17 due to the lack of providing a valid passport with no right of appeal, but we can redress this by other legal matter.
He was going to provide his passport which was renewed in his country on 10 July which we received in uk this week. Now we got a solicitor to write a pre action protocol to challenge the home office. Our worries and questions are when will they released him and in case they ask him for his passport just to remove him from uk. Any advice would be much appreciated .
Thank you
Your case is too complicated for a layman to answer. This is only guess work.
But important thing is your sisters son is not an EU national so different set of rules apply. Strangely you submitted an application without passport. Your solicitor is making a fool of you as ur process is getting more complicated and he is able to charge you for every service.

Typa75
Newly Registered

Post by Typa75 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:23 pm

ajitk1 wrote:
Typa75 wrote:Hi All,

My timeline:

Thanks
Yes your documents require additional scrutiny. Retired persons who lived 3 years and worked one year during the last 3 years get it without any documents but obviously your case is different. Your case will take approximately 4 months from application.
Thank you ajitk however I am not too sure about the 4 months from Application. A friend of mine who is in the same condition, (Italian, working) who submitted hers 3 weeks before mine has had hers 2 weeks ago.

priscipessina
Newly Registered

Post by priscipessina » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:07 pm

ajitk1 wrote:
why was it refused?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:08 pm

priscipessina wrote:
ajitk1 wrote:
why was it refused?
The user already stated the reason for refusal.
ajitk1 wrote:Yes I have been refused because of lack of documents and I have reapplied. Decided means u have to wait only a week from the date to find out ur fate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Salsun
Newly Registered

Post by Salsun » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:42 pm

ajitk1 wrote:
Salsun wrote:Hi, I have permanent residence sine 1991 exercising treaty right and is of French nationality. My sister's son is dependent on me and we applied for his residence card last year as an extended family. His application was refused in April 2016 reason of not providing evidence of how we are related and not providing proof of my nephews identity. However there was an appeal at the same time on article 8 which got refused in May 2017 and the judge said that he doesn't meet regulation 8 because he can't see any rc application . Therefore his solicitor put a fresh application in 31 may 17. While he went reporting to HO on 28 June he was detained without any previous warning. His new application was on fast track because his removal was imminent . And his application got refused again on 21 July 17 due to the lack of providing a valid passport with no right of appeal, but we can redress this by other legal matter.
Thank you
I know that our case is complicated. But the solicitor said he was going to send the passport once we receive it thinking it will take 6 months for decision but HO decided to refuse within a month and a half. I know the solicitor is charging so much money, however th HO asked us to submit a new application when we get the passport. But we are afraid to send them the passport while he is still in detention .

Your case is too complicated for a layman to answer. This is only guess work.
But important thing is your sisters son is not an EU national so different set of rules apply. Strangely you submitted an application without passport. Your solicitor is making a fool of you as ur process is getting more complicated and he is able to charge you for every service.

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Thanks[/quote]

Yes your documents require additional scrutiny. Retired persons who lived 3 years and worked one year during the last 3 years get it without any documents but obviously your case is different. Your case will take approximately 4 months from application.[/quote]

Thank you ajitk however I am not too sure about the 4 months from Application. A friend of mine who is in the same condition, (Italian, working) who submitted hers 3 weeks before mine has had hers 2 weeks ago.[/quote]

My experience reading various posts is it takes between 2 to 4 months. It all depends on the case. As you see when 2 applications are sent together, one gets the confirmation immediately and another after 2 months. So there is some method in their madness. Unfortunately we don't know what.
If all your documents are in order your case should be decided in 2 months. If there are gaps in your history (employment) due to missing documents it will take longer. I could not provide some pay slips and employment letters. I then had to apply for my employment history from HMRC to prove I was employed for certain periods and re apply. So its not as straight forward as we would like. One employment period missing would cause a gap which you need to provide documents for. Perhaps your case will be decided in 2 months like her and you will get your PR next week. Only be prepared for 4 months wait.

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:24 pm

Salsun wrote:
ajitk1 wrote:
Thank you

I know that our case is complicated. But the solicitor said he was going to send the passport once we receive it thinking it will take 6 months for decision but HO decided to refuse within a month and a half. I know the solicitor is charging so much money, however th HO asked us to submit a new application when we get the passport. But we are afraid to send them the passport while he is still in detention .

The biggest issue is why did the solicitor send the application without proof of ID> Its the fundamental and primary, NUMBER 1 requirement in any application process. Also no evidence of relationship was submitted. On what basis can one apply if there are no supporting documents? I am guessing they first scrutinize the documents sent, and copy/scan them all. At that stage they realised that the passport is missing and refused further processing. How a solicitor did not know this is beyond imagination. He has no experience in this field I am sure.
The questions you need an answers or are: long will they keep him in detention? What happens if no passport is provided? Will they detain the person indefinitely? Can they and will they deport a person without a passport (unlikely) but they could obtain a travel document from the country's embassy and deport.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:53 pm

ajitk1 wrote:
sahramkhalidi wrote:
Yanki1974 wrote:

thanks
You are what I describe as "a gone case". At 21 I would expect a modicum of sense and maturity. You are spamming this forum with 90 posts in 1.5 months. This is not an "anguished auntie" page.
You are asking a question even HO case workers cannot answer because the time frame depends on the case. This is a rare case and too late have you realised your solicitor is inefficient. Since you need your passport for travel, the thing to do is to write to HO providing photocopies of your passport and explaining your case. Your BPR is a worthless document for ANY other transaction. It is only certifying you have a right to reside. It is a vignette on your passport and nobody will see it untill u apply for citizenship. So banks, uni, licence authorities are not concerned.
Writing to the case worker will not help because he has not made the error. It appears certainly your solicitor has. If you have a copy of the application check how the form was filled. By the time you return you will have a letter from HO and then send the passport for rectification.
Yes I sent some copies of supporting documents too with the letter to the HO address on the letter.. hoping to hear it soon

Crentsil03

Post by Crentsil03 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:55 am

Morning Everyone
Please everyone try update your timelines as we in August
So most PR will be posted out.
Good luck Everyone.

GabriellaG
Mood:
South Africa

Post by GabriellaG » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:50 am

Hi All,
What is the quickest processing time anyone has heard of for non-EU applying for PR. I have a pretty straight forward case after getting my Retained Right of Residence after divorce. Have no employment gaps and have provided all information asked of me. Hoping and praying it is not the full 6 months!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:12 am

Crentsil03 wrote:Morning Everyone
Please everyone try update your timelines as we in August
So most PR will be posted out.
Good luck Everyone.
Kindly refrain from posting repetitively for members to update their timelines. Members will post if they wish to and if they have something to update or post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Crentsil03

Post by Crentsil03 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:36 am

Ok!!

tomaco
Newly Registered

Post by tomaco » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I am non-EEA applying for PR with my EEA spouse & children.
My timeline is:

Application submitted - 26/02/2017
Application received - 27/02/2017
Email confirmation with case ID received - 25/03/2017
Biometric letter received - 04/04/2017
Biometric submitted - 06/04/2017
COA received - 16/04/2017
PR cards for my EU spouse & children (& submitted documents) received: 26/07/2017
PR (biometric card) for me received: 29/07/2017

Despite our application status on the online system says (as of today) "Awaiting a decision", it didn't take us even 6 months! I am very happy about it.