ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alyosha15
Newly Registered
India

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Alyosha15 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:06 pm

So far none from India have received their FP...

nicoleprdes
Newly Registered

Post by nicoleprdes » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:18 pm

MuAl wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:10 pm
nicoleprdes wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:06 pm
FaNtKa wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:00 pm
Hi nicoleprdes, my partner applied for an EEA Family Permit at the UK Visa Office in Rome on the 22nd of August and she's still waiting. We received the "non straightforward" email.

How long have you waited for your visa?
nicoleprdes wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:25 pm
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading this thread for awhile now since I applied for my EEA FP last July 17th. Everything I have read in here are so helpful. Congratulations to everyone who received their Permit and for those who are still waiting (like me) I really really hope it all works out.

I recently got married here in Italy with my boyfriend(now husband) of 2 years last June 10th, 2017. I applied for an EEA FP because I have been offered a job in Birmingham so my husband (Italian EEA national) and I decided to move in UK since I still have my Non EEA Passport thats why I need a permit.

My Job is supposed to starts this coming August 14th, 2017. Unfortunately I still dont have my passport and permit.

I wanted to share my timeline here and ask for any suggestion and help on what I should do.

July 17th - Application Submitted/ Biometrics taken in Rome, Italy.
July 18th - I checked/tracked my application in TLSContact site that my application was received by DMC
tma__application_received_by_dmc_description %s

July 28th - Received an email from ViSAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk ( I assume thats from UKVI) that my application have been received at the UK Decision making Centre.

July 31st - I paid the Email Inquiry to check what is the status since I have a Timeline to catch due the the Job offer that I have.

August 2 - Received an answer to my paid email (very unhelpful) telling me that its still under consideration. So.. That was a bust.

August 3 - Received and email from ViSAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk that my application is not straightforward.

Im aware the it takes 15 days for the processing of the application but since I started reading this thread I have come to know that once you received the not straightforward email that it might/will take longer.

I also checked the processing time that 98% will take 15 days and 100% will take 30 days for Rome, Italy.

I dont know if I should push it by calling them or escalating or complaining or just wait. the waiting has been killing me (and everyone else who is waiting) and knowing that I might lose my job offer because of this is also killing me. :|

Any thoughts? Thank you so much.

Hi Fantka,

Im sorry for a late reply. I waited for 4 weeks then my EEA permit came in the mail. :) It should not take long but, you really just have to wait.

Hello
Fantka and Nicoleprdes
Hi every one
I have applied for EEA FP from Rome on the 25th Aug 2017
And I have been waiting till now and I recieved the email that contains "not straightforward" on the 14 th of September
But nothing tilll now , I've tried to contact them but no way since waiting
Can you tell me what is your status till now and how long been you applied
Thank you
Best regards :|

Hi Fantka,

I'll write down my timeline below, just so you have an estimated Idea.

July 17th - Application Sent/Biometrics in Rome
July 28th - Application Received in UKVI
August 3rd - Received a "not straightforward" email.
August 14th- Decision Made
August 16th - Passport Received/ Visa Granted.

So All in all about 3-5weeks. I dont know why your application is taking too long to have a decision.
Have you tried contacting them via email or call?
Im so sorry about your situation. I know how you feel and I know it's very difficult. I've been there. if theres anything you need to ask just let me know.

nufchavq
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by nufchavq » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:14 am

Updated tracker https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx8JK ... 2NGamExR1E

And in the meantime, they also updated the official processing time guidance, now it's September 2017, up from May 17 https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y.
I noticed that for some locations, "EEA FP" is now 120 business days (up from 15), e.g. Madrid, whilst it is now 30 up from 15 for Paris, or even better - "EEA FP" simply disappeared for some locations, e.g. Moscow, Kiev, Mumbai,... Well convenient for them to evade responsibility, no comments.

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:52 am

Long delay is already a problem. But some people getting passport after 1 month from it stamped. Why do they keep passport after stamping?

baigbaig
Pakistan

Post by baigbaig » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:55 am

i dont know how home office work people getting their visas who applied july onward many peoples waiting who apply march onward. Its just out of mind.

second the home office update the website and taken out the processing time line from the option for EEA FP so guys just hibernate yourselves like lung fish and woke when they beep...

hope the lucky day will come for everyone soon.....i am also waiting too long wish you good luck gys...

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:08 am

They have uploaded the visa processing times now as at September BUT completely deleted the EEA family permit!!!

Why have they done this? Trying to hide all evidence that most people are waiting in excess of 6 months?

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:21 am

Finally they updated on website and it's Very shocking that some location doesn't show EEA family permit. No one knows what they actually want to do. Even their call centre staff is very stupid when i emailed they said decision is made and when I asked when can I receive passport they said your application is being considered and awaiting Decision. Now I am even more confused

Mihai
Newly Registered

Post by Mihai » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:05 pm

I asked yesterday about my wife's visa status and this is what i get. Remind you that my wife applied on 24th of April 2017 from Manila Philippines, so a total of 124 working days today.

Dear **********************

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.

Please note that we aim to complete 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within 6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days) and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days).

Regards,
UK Visas and Immigration

UKVI Contact Centre
So i guess now they say the usual waiting times for the FP in the enquiry. Good luck all

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:43 pm

Can anybody on this forum tell me what does that pre action protocol means...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Ranjuraj2026 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:43 pm
A simple Google search would have provided you with the information on the very specific requirements and formats.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/proce ... l/protocol
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Oliver12
Newly Registered
India

Post by Oliver12 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Ron_M wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:03 pm
Hello. I would like to know if anyone got the EEA Family Permit for a spouse where both the spouse and EEA citizen are outside the UK, ie the EEA citizen is not yet in the UK and the spouse is travelling together with the EEA citizen to the UK. What was the timeline like from Sheffield?
https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y

Hi Ron

I have applied from Mumbai India
For the family's permit traveling to uk with my spouse as my spouse is an eea national we both currently reside together in Mumbai at this very moment

Applied for my visa at vfs.mumbai - 28th August
Application receive in UK - 5th September
Not straight forward mail received - 14 September

And still waiting for their reply since a month from the last email received of not being straight forward

I too have the same above query as you do
Can someone please reply to rons msg for the time scale for both eea national and spouse traveling together from outside UK

Regards
Oliver

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:12 pm
Ranjuraj2026 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:43 pm
A simple Google search would have provided you with the information on the very specific requirements and formats.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/proce ... l/protocol
How can we use it in this case

jacobj0912
India

Post by jacobj0912 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:16 am

So now the timelines are updated , most of the Indian locations are not having Non settlement option.
Does this mean new application from those locations are not allowed?

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:14 am

jacobj0912 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:16 am
So now the timelines are updated , most of the Indian locations are not having Non settlement option.
Does this mean new application from those locations are not allowed?
Hi,
Based on update for my country ( Ukraine) there isn't a Non settlement option as well. I think they have just combined some categories into one. But the question is whether the FP eea in a category of Settlement or Family visit, as it makes the difference in time. As far as I know EEA FAMILY PERMIT has never been a Settlement type, so more likely its in some kind if > 6 months visit. Maybe somebody is informed better, please share.

patrasatya
Newly Registered
India

Post by patrasatya » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:35 am

After 3rd escalation, reply as follows:

> Thank you for the information you have provided.
>
> We escalated your case to the relevant department . You
> should be contacted regarding your case within 20 working
> days from the date of escalation.
>
> Please allow the 20 working days to pass before contacting
> UK Visas & Immigration International Contact Centre again
> should you not receive any further correspondence.
>
> Regards,
> UK Visas and Immigration
>

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:43 am

But if they would have change to other category then would be same to all locations but it's not some location shows family permit. Mayb Either they didn't issue any visa in September for those locations or trying hide something..

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:42 pm

hi guys.. this is the mail i got today..

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your UK visa application.As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward.  We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible.

anybody else received this kinda mail?

baigbaig
Pakistan

Post by baigbaig » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi dear

I have the same email 10 days ago still waiting I am waiting with 137 working days they just ignore our applications. My wife even in critical situation had an accident request to Home Office she need me in this time but really they have stone heart pray and wishes for everyone.

Regard
Baig

Mihai
Newly Registered

Post by Mihai » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:51 pm

I just hope they don't had an accident of some kind that destroy all visa application and they don't know how to deal with it, they just hope ppl will quit and ask for the documents back since they are safe in the country where we apply.Maybe they don't keep the copy in the country where we apply and after sending them to Sheffield they throw them away, so they can't ask them again. Or things like that. They will all be faced up if it get public having to pay lots of compensation and lose the jobs and the only thing to make them get away with it is if people quit the current application and try to reapply. Can't see any other reason for such a long delay except for the one forcing people to quit and reapply.
Is just a possibility, they don't have many excuses for this delays. Hope I'm wrong and I'm just paranoid from to much waiting for visa. Good luck guys

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:52 pm

baigbaig wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:46 pm
Hi dear

I have the same email 10 days ago still waiting I am waiting with 137 working days they just ignore our applications. My wife even in critical situation had an accident request to Home Office she need me in this time but really they have stone heart pray and wishes for everyone.

Regard
Baig
really feel sorry for u baig.. Hope u ll get the permit soon.. prayers for u..

Alanakudz
Newly Registered

Post by Alanakudz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Ranjuraj2026 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your UK visa application.As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward.  We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible.

I have similar email
I received it in the end of September, saying
As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:38 pm

Alanakudz wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:14 pm
Ranjuraj2026 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:42 pm

I have similar email
I received it in the end of September, saying
As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.
Everytime i enquire i am getting this kind of email with certain changes in some words.. nw got used to this sort of mails..they r jz readymade replies..

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:23 pm

This email means nothing I have got 9-10 these kind of emails everytime I ask status or complains.
Just very shocking behaviour from home office. They don't even have any excuse. I don't think they can be that busy or short staff that applications taking more then 7-8 months for only entry visa. Something must be behind this delay. No complains and escalation will work as I have complained many times and escalated 4 times. We have to think out together what options we can use otherwise never know when we will be able to see our passports.

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:27 pm

Enka2018 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:23 pm
This email means nothing I have got 9-10 these kind of emails everytime I ask status or complains.
Just very shocking behaviour from home office. They don't even have any excuse. I don't think they can be that busy or short staff that applications taking more then 7-8 months for only entry visa. Something must be behind this delay. No complains and escalation will work as I have complained many times and escalated 4 times. We have to think out together what options we can use otherwise never know when we will be able to see our passports.
But some ppl who have applied after us r gettin there replies na... why ours are still awaitin a decision.. what mayb the reasn.. if they r processin they shd give priority to those applied long bak rite..

baigbaig
Pakistan

Post by baigbaig » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:23 pm

its strange really some people get their visas who after apply us even after 2,3 months....
i just checked who ever got visas from this forum mostly 99% people outside india,pakistan.......i think they only target us they doing unjustice with us God will punish them.......dont worry guys inshallah god will help.