ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sydvir

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Sydvir » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:01 pm

I think most of us got call from HO after the escalation only.. I'm not sure

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:02 pm

Sydvir wrote:4-6 weeks after biometrics right?
But we have already passed 12. Weeks isn't it?

I think she meant after the call but my own opinion i think it depends bcuz some people on this forum after the call they had a decision made within 4 days, some after 20 days so it really depends i guess we just have to wait :(

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Ish21 wrote:
Sydvir wrote:4-6 weeks after biometrics right?
But we have already passed 12. Weeks isn't it?

I think she meant after the call but my own opinion i think it depends bcuz some people on this forum after the call they had a decision made within 4 days, some after 20 days so it really depends i guess we just have to wait :(
Yes true
Will wait .. hope we will get our visa granted soon

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Sam5258 wrote:
Sydvir wrote:Yes we sent that escalation form to them.but I'm not sure about whether they escalated it or not. Have u got any email after your case escalation ? Bcz I didn't get anything like that.
.no mine is standard.
Hi how do you know the case has been escalated? And how long after the call did they email you to say it has been escalated. I have called them and they said they would escalate it but I have had no updates, they said I would here back 15 working days later, it's now been 16 working days and I still haven't been contacted. Please can you share the process you went through please
Is your case priority or standard?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:39 pm

My case is standard

Sam5258
inactive

Post by Sam5258 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:42 pm

Well I paid extra extra priory service in January, it is now August and I have not been contacted at all, not even an email to say it is complicated or it is on hold, just an email a few days later to say they will contact me within 12 weeks. I have called them twice and both times they said they have escalated the case but even after I have received no call or email

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:48 pm

Sam5258 wrote:Well I paid extra extra priory service in January, it is now August and I have not been contacted at all, not even an email to say it is complicated or it is on hold, just an email a few days later to say they will contact me within 12 weeks. I have called them twice and both times they said they have escalated the case but even after I have received no call or email
Haven't u tried to contact your local mp?
May be they can help you to get over from this problem

Sam5258
inactive

Post by Sam5258 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Sydvir wrote:
Sam5258 wrote:Well I paid extra extra priory service in January, it is now August and I have not been contacted at all, not even an email to say it is complicated or it is on hold, just an email a few days later to say they will contact me within 12 weeks. I have called them twice and both times they said they have escalated the case but even after I have received no call or email
Haven't u tried to contact your local mp?
May be they can help you to get over from this problem
I have made many attempts to, she is new and still has not even managed to find herself an office!!! It's been 2 months and she still hasn't even been able to start helping. Immigration are ignoring my solicitors emails he has emailed them many times. Really don't know what to do

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:46 pm

Hey guys
Did anyone receive any emails or anything from ukvi after the hold is put off.... any sort of email or contact made by homeoffice to those who was on hold ?
Anything guys ?

Sam5258
inactive

Post by Sam5258 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:56 pm

Raj86 wrote:Hey guys
Did anyone receive any emails or anything from ukvi after the hold is put off.... any sort of email or contact made by homeoffice to those who was on hold ?
Anything guys ?
I think the only thing people are aware of is that the hold was supposed to be lifted from the 10th of August. I don't think people have received an email to say otherwise. I haven't

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:00 pm

Hi Raj86

No I have not received or heard anything since the hold being taken off.

Will keep u updated if I do

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:39 pm

Ah alright guys thanks
What a stressfull life without knowing what to expect and when?
Wonder how long they gonna take from here now :/
29 weeks now....

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:43 pm

Just have to wait and see...

I've been waiting 29 weeks myself:(

Sal95
Newly Registered

Post by Sal95 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:18 am

Hi, when I try to check my application status with the online tracker it says ''Permission Denied. An illegal parameter was received." Does anyone know what that means? Thanks

kipara001
Newly Registered

Post by kipara001 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:54 am

Country applying from: Kenya
Type of visa applied for: Settlement - wife - non priority
Date application submitted (online): April 27th 2017
Date biometrics taken: May 17th 2017
Date documentation was received by UK Border Agency office: May 18th 2017
Office location processing your visa: Pretoria, S Africa
Projected timeline given: 60 Working Days
Date your visa application is decided: After 61 working days and no updates on the TLScontact website or the .gov tracker website i decided to call just to check, to my surprise i was told the application has been decided, in my head i was like "What?!" then why i wasn't i informed but nonetheless i was excited. I decided to check the .gov tracker website and Lo and behold the GWF number is recognised and the application has been Decided, and when, on the 7th of August!! and i called on the 10th. Now i got to wait 10 working days to get an email to go collect passport and know outcome of application. Guys when your 60 days are up i think its a good idea to call and check, it seems like they are not updating applicants on time. But I'm very happy a decision has been made and i know that the passport is going to arrive soon. I understand the headache, anxiety and stress everyone is going through and i pray that all of you get a favourable reply soon.

GeronimoBajramCurri
Newly Registered

Post by GeronimoBajramCurri » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:05 am

givezemra wrote:
GeronimoBajramCurri wrote:
givezemra wrote:PEOPLE APPLYING FROM OUTSIDE UK

Hi all

Can we track our spouse visa application on the TLS visa centre? Or on gov website? I've been waiting since 24/04/2017 for my husband to join us and I'm feeling really down about it. I'm stressed, working full time with a 3 and 5 year old. If I had an end date, I think I'd be ok but it's the not knowing that I'm struggling with.
Hi I also have applied from Tirana in mid April for my spouse.

You can sort of track your application through the TLS Visa Centre but it is not necessarily very helpful. Once you have logged in, on the left hand side there is an option to click track my application. However in my case after we had received the Supreme Court Ruling letter the passport was returned and the TLS Visa Centre automatically presumed a decision had been made. As a result we cannot not even loggin as the system thinks we have completed the process. NOT VERY HELPFUL.

The only other option like other people have mentioned in the thread is to use the below link:
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... s/session/

However again this is not helpful as it only provides a status when the application has been decided therefore does not provide continual progress updates. But I do loggin everyday just in case a decision has been made!

Are you aware the Immigration Rules changed on 10 August to reflect the Supreme Court ruling. Applications which were paused will be considered from that date. If you were affected by this ruling it means the UKVI are starting to look at these applications and therefore we at the very least should receive an answer soon.

Since we have applied around the same time and from the same country it would be really beneficial to provide updates. I have wrote a long thread to my situation if it can provide any help.
Hi

Yes I agree. I'll let you know if I hear anything else. I pray for a fast positive decision for us both.

I haven't seen my husband since 29th April and I'm going to see him in two weeks and I'm secretly hoping that the visa will be decided by then so that he can come back with me!

Are you in the uk or in Albania?
Hi,

I am in UK.

In earlier threads you mention your spouse was deported in 2016. Would you mind disclosing if it was voluntary or involuntary (my spouse was voluntary)? I understand previous history in the UK would make the application not straightforward regardless of the Supreme Court ruling.

Have you received any communication via email or letter from UKVI to confirm the reason for delay? Also have you tried to contact the UKVI yourself (please see previous threads for my communication with UKVI)? Did you use a solicitor?

I do not envision a response for quite a long time now. As of 30 June 2017, there were 5,000 such applications on hold.

GeronimoBajramCurri
Newly Registered

Post by GeronimoBajramCurri » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:19 am

kipara001 wrote:Country applying from: Kenya
Date your visa application is decided: After 61 working days and no updates on the TLScontact website or the .gov tracker website i decided to call just to check, to my surprise i was told the application has been decided, in my head i was like "What?!" then why i wasn't i informed but nonetheless i was excited. I decided to check the .gov tracker website and Lo and behold the GWF number is recognised and the application has been Decided, and when, on the 7th of August!! and i called on the 10th. Now i got to wait 10 working days to get an email to go collect passport and know outcome of application. Guys when your 60 days are up i think its a good idea to call and check, it seems like they are not updating applicants on time. But I'm very happy a decision has been made and i know that the passport is going to arrive soon. I understand the headache, anxiety and stress everyone is going through and i pray that all of you get a favourable reply soon.
Hi,

This is fantastic news, congratulations.

I understand your application has met the given visa processing times for South Africa.

However can you confirm if you did receive application not straightforward or Supreme Court ruling letter? If not then it would be in line with expectations to get a decision in the timeframe you did.

kipara001
Newly Registered

Post by kipara001 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:02 am

GeronimoBajramCurri wrote:
kipara001 wrote:Country applying from: Kenya
Hi,

This is fantastic news, congratulations.

I understand your application has met the given visa processing times for South Africa.

However can you confirm if you did receive application not straightforward or Supreme Court ruling letter? If not then it would be in line with expectations to get a decision in the timeframe you did.

Hi,

No i haven't received any correspondence between the time of Biomets to Decision. I can see many applicants have received "not straightforward" and Supreme Court letter but i haven't received anything. I hope its a sign of good news. It looks like they've stayed withing their time frame but i wasn't aware until i called.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:06 pm

So all in all Noone with Supreme court ruling on hold application has received any conclusion as yet :$ :@
With such speed i believe 5000 on hold applications shall take 3 to 5 months from now , and who knows if its a rejection or otherwise :$
I know it can be the worst message to be read on the forum bt its a bitter reality :/

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:14 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:So all in all Noone with Supreme court ruling on hold application has received any conclusion as yet :$ :@
With such speed i believe 5000 on hold applications shall take 3 to 5 months from now , and who knows if its a rejection or otherwise :$
I know it can be the worst message to be read on the forum bt its a bitter reality :/
Did you try emailing them or called ?? Any information as to how are they planning to look up to these cases

Bob777
Newly Registered

Post by Bob777 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:05 pm

Hi All

I dont want to add any negativity to all is guys waiting. But from my experiance calling emailing dont work. They just all ask you to wait longer even my MP keeps telling me to wait 20 days and then gives me same generic s**t. I really dont know how it works people applying after me have got there visas at the same time people before me still waiting. As far as I have experianced there is nothing I can do to speed up my process or even to see where is is... I hope someone can prove me wrong

binbin
Newly Registered

Re: The decision date keep updated and still waiting the pas

Post by binbin » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:25 pm

binbin wrote:Hello guys, I m new here, please someone can help me!

here s My wife spouse visa application timeline:

24/04/2017 biometric taken
04/05/2017 receive confirmation email
26/07/2017 online tracker shows "Decided", waiting for passport
01/08/2017 online tracker update "Decided", waiting for passport
07/08/2017 online tracker update "Decided", waiting for passport

we called the helpline several time, the guy on the phone said they cannot escalate the case unless its over 10 working date. totally a useless answer!
my question is if UKVI keep update the decision made date, we'll never escalate the case? I did all what I can, email my MP, email the help centre, still waiting respond.
feel helpless, please could anyone had similar experience? or any advice?
Hi guys, this is my final update:
09/08 paid £5.48 email UKVI, got respond on 11/08, confirmed decision made and would receive passport within 10 working days
09/08 call UKVI help line (I think it s useless, waste money!)
09/08 email local MP, and got respond from MP office confirmed calling MP Home Office hotline for urgent review of my case, but haven't heard anything back.
14/08 passport collected, visa granted! travel date: 02/08-01/09

Sydvir

Re: The decision date keep updated and still waiting the pas

Post by Sydvir » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:40 pm

binbin wrote:
binbin wrote:Hello guys, I m new here, please someone can help me!

here s My wife spouse visa application timeline:

24/04/2017 biometric taken
04/05/2017 receive confirmation email
26/07/2017 online tracker shows "Decided", waiting for passport
01/08/2017 online tracker update "Decided", waiting for passport
07/08/2017 online tracker update "Decided", waiting for passport

we called the helpline several time, the guy on the phone said they cannot escalate the case unless its over 10 working date. totally a useless answer!
my question is if UKVI keep update the decision made date, we'll never escalate the case? I did all what I can, email my MP, email the help centre, still waiting respond.
feel helpless, please could anyone had similar experience? or any advice?
Hi guys, this is my final update:
09/08 paid £5.48 email UKVI, got respond on 11/08, confirmed decision made and would receive passport within 10 working days
09/08 call UKVI help line (I think it s useless, waste money!)
09/08 email local MP, and got respond from MP office confirmed calling MP Home Office hotline for urgent review of my case, but haven't heard anything back.
14/08 passport collected, visa granted! travel date: 02/08-01/09
Hi
I also applied in mid April .. haven't heard anything. Have u applied for priority?
And congrats finally u will feel much relaxed now

binbin
Newly Registered

Post by binbin » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:45 pm

thanks. standard application.

tchindy
Newly Registered

Post by tchindy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:25 pm

tchindy wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
tchindy wrote:Hi all,

I have been following this thread and the previous one for a while, Biometrics were sent on 13/01/2017 from Sao Paulo Brazil, and the On Hold email was received on 07/03/2017. Like most of you here,
we have tried contacting the HO endlessly and it was useless, As helpful as they were too, there was not much our solicitor & MP could do. It has been almost 30 weeks now.

I understand the HO had published a letter a few weeks ago stating the new rules and that from today they would restart considering all the 5,000 applications that were paused, and I've just received an email from them saying my application has been reassigned to an ECO.

Fingers crossed now, I hope that we all get all decisions and visas soon. If anyone who's received the On Hold email gets their decision soon, do let us know. I'll also keep everyone updated.

Best of luck!
Hi
So are you trying to say that they will now only look into " on hold" applications ?? Will they ignore or hold the other applications ?? If they now only look into cases up till may or something the rest of the cases will be kept on hold then ?!? God !! Really don't know what will happen

Hi @Geet1328,

I have no idea of how they'll work from now on, my guess is that they must have a separated team to clear the backlog, as well as another to work on recent applications. Do have in mind that the Sheffield office is not the only one to deal with all 5000 applications. Mine for example, is dealt in Bogota, Colombia.

Hey everyone,

Update on my case, just received an email stating: "A decision on your application for Entry Clearance has been made. Your passport(s) and original document(s) will now be returned to you."
Here in South America it may take up to 16 working days to receive the passport back, fingers crossed it will actually arrive by then. I will keep all updated.

Best of luck to everyone that are still on hold! I pray this ends well for all of us SOON.