ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mark2009
Newly Registered

Post by mark2009 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:07 pm

Congrat.

I hope we will soon be able to rejoice like you too
Been waiting for 18.5months.

fshah81
Newly Registered

Post by fshah81 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi everyone,
I got a letter yesterday from homeoffice asking for additional docs. Lets c how long it takes from now.

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:11 am

Sarah T wrote:
mourad wrote:
SAJJ wrote:Thanx Mourad for the info and could you plz tell what`s the letter usually about as I`ve sent all the required documents
the UKBA will contact you only if you`re refused,when you get the applied document or for more docs or renewal of passport.
it`s always bluntly and aluf worded and as posted before whoever signed the letter is not necessary the person who is your assigned case worker.
just like you all my documents were the right ones and i just had to wait ,they showed up when my passport died and asked for new one .
good luck mate .what about the royal mail reference did you get it?
I don't know if that's entirely true that they only contact you if you're refused. I got a call yesterday from my caseworker at UKBA - she just wanted to let me know that the reason she hasn't return my passport with the granted RC is because she needed to do a cross-check on the passport with the embassy. But I will get it back in 2 weeks. So fingers cross!

My point is don't be afraid when they call! It might be good news!
Hi guys,

Just to provide everyone with some updates and hopes! Have received all my documents and passport back from Border Agency last Friday. RC until November 2014. All good.

Brief history of our application:
Applied: February 2009
COA received: early April 2009
Received: November 2009
Compliant started: 8th month into application (October 09)
Complained to: SOLVIT, MPs, numerous email to BA
Total duration: 10 months

Looks like they are getting better but I hope the rest of you that have been waiting since 2008 will hear from them soon (I really understand the frustration!). Best of luck everyone and thanks a lot for everyone's support on this forum!

kuka

Post by kuka » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:43 pm

Splitz and Sarah T!
Yet another successful stories! well done and as always hope we'll join you soon with our good news!!!

fshah81
Newly Registered

Post by fshah81 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:48 pm

Dear All,

This is what UKBA have updated on their website. All of us waiting should be getting either the RC's or letters from UKBA

Processing times
The time taken to process your application will depend on the type of application you make and how you submit it.

We have made significant progress to address delays, improve processing times and return to handling cases within our service standard. However, some cases remain unresolved as they were not submitted with adequate supporting information. To address this, we have written to all affected applicants, and - once the required documentation is provided - their cases will be concluded. All such cases should be resolved by early 2010.

kuka

Post by kuka » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:52 pm

fshah81 wrote:Dear All,

This is what UKBA have updated on their website. All of us waiting should be getting either the RC's or letters from UKBA

Processing times
The time taken to process your application will depend on the type of application you make and how you submit it.

We have made significant progress to address delays, improve processing times and return to handling cases within our service standard. However, some cases remain unresolved as they were not submitted with adequate supporting information. To address this, we have written to all affected applicants, and - once the required documentation is provided - their cases will be concluded. All such cases should be resolved by early 2010.
fshah81, that's interesting! i really hope it's not anothe lie :)

fshah81
Newly Registered

Post by fshah81 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi Kuka,

I hope so too. They tend to generally lie over the phone and not on their website :D and since i have already recieved a letter from them on saturday asking for Additional Docs, i have no option but to beleive them this time around. :lol:

Good luck All

intfenix
Newly Registered

EEA 2 family permit unmarried couple CoA

Post by intfenix » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:11 pm

Dear everyone,

I am an unmarried partner of an EU National (french), already in the UK as a tourist, applied for EEA 2 residency permit, and received the Certificate of Application under 10 days- cool...except that, this certificate did not specify if I can work or not. After calling the HO and speaking to 5 different people!!, they tell me I can't work, and the reason being, a change in law in effect since the 19th of November. My app was sent in on the 18th, and we were not warned during the app process when I was calling the HO regularly with questions about this. Had i known that I would not be able to work for up to 6 months while I wait - I woulnt have applied using this route. So - have any of you been in this situation?
If you are an unmarried couple (one being EEA national) did you work while you were waiting? Please let me know. We appealed to a case worker - but no answer yet and I have a job offer pending :( (employer wont sponsor)

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:36 pm

What kind of law change ? we didn't hear anything about that.
According to Directive when you apply for your case you get a certificate of approval and here in Ireland we get 6 months stamp4 which allows us to work full time without any restrictions and I think Directive applies to whole EU not only to Ireland.
and if there is any changing in the law that I don't know about I am really sorry then.
what kind of visa you had when you came to UK?
EEA family permit or just normal visit visa?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:24 pm

This is not a new thing at all. The UK authorities say that, the so called Extended family members have no rights, until an examination has been undertaken of their circumstance. Until such time as this examination is undertaken, they will have absolutely no rights.

However, there is a catch, if these people have been issued with an EEA family permit, then they will have rights to work in the UK immediately.

I have seen no where in the directive, which states that other family members should have no rights, until the Resident Card has been issued.

Essentially the UK, is saying that Article 23 or 24, does not apply to extended family members.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:14 pm

so it means UK doesn't give a crap about EU law??
Obie bro Irish are working pretty fast people are getting their cards in 4 and half months these days but I don't think so things have changed in UK they don't obey the rules at all.
and thanks for the new information about extended family members.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:51 am

That is impressive Rebel 82. I hope other countries will take a leaf of their book.

I have just seen this from the Border Agency's website.

Therefore the people who have yet to receive a reply, are the onces that fail to provide adequate documentation in support of their application.

They have been written to about this. Once a reply is forwarded with the necessary documents, their case will be concluded.

Good old HO,the blame for incompetence is always with the applicant..
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

intfenix
Newly Registered

No rights for extended family member (unmarried partner)

Post by intfenix » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:52 am

Hey guys - so yea, basically, since I was not aware that there hasn't been a policy change, the UK Home office rep lied to me..so I was misinformed 4 times. 3 times before the application- when I was told I would have right to work while I wait for residence permit, and 4th time afterwards, to blame the misinformation on a non exitent law change. So sorry for passing on the bad info. But as has been said by one of you - as unmarried partner, being considered an extended family member, and so since I came in with just a tourist visa, I have no right to work. The Family permit, requires the same time of proof as the eea residence permit, so if I exit now, I will have to recall my documents from Home Office (this will take an eternity I'm sure), apply from the US for EEA famiy Permit (min 15 days), if I get it come back to the UK and find another job - after being unemployed since October!!!, and reapply for residency permit!! This is insane. Any help? words of advice?

edwards79
Newly Registered

Post by edwards79 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:40 am

its 20months for me still waiing but am getting on with my life, mayb no hols but am working, Am not going to allow the HO control my life, I dont een call them anymore. I submitted April 2008

kuka

Post by kuka » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:44 am

Hey guys!!!

Last update:

Received a letter from HO, which was mentioned earlier here. have anayone else receive something like that:

I am writing in response to your letter date 24 SEPTEMBER (!!!) regarding your application for residence in the United Kingdom. Your letter has been forwarded to me by the North West Customer Service Unit. I am sorry for the delay in replying.

I apologisefor the dely in dealing with your application which was submitted on 5 November 2008 and is currently assigned to relevant casework team.

Unfortunatelyoperational constraints and high number of applications recieved by the UK Border Agency has resulted in a delay in determining cases such as yours. We are taking measures to address such issues, with recruitment and training of additional staff.

I can inform you that your application is currently under ACTIVE consideration. the caseworker will ensure will ensure that the case is conducted to inform them of outcome once a decision has been reached.

Yours sincerely

Mrs C Hodson
Economic and Family Migration
at least something form HO to keep us going

bee123
Newly Registered

Post by bee123 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:53 am

kuka wrote:Hey guys!!!

Last update:

Received a letter from HO, which was mentioned earlier here. have anayone else receive something like that:

I am writing in response to your letter date 24 SEPTEMBER (!!!) regarding your application for residence in the United Kingdom. Your letter has been forwarded to me by the North West Customer Service Unit. I am sorry for the delay in replying.

I apologisefor the dely in dealing with your application which was submitted on 5 November 2008 and is currently assigned to relevant casework team.

Unfortunatelyoperational constraints and high number of applications recieved by the UK Border Agency has resulted in a delay in determining cases such as yours. We are taking measures to address such issues, with recruitment and training of additional staff.

I can inform you that your application is currently under ACTIVE consideration. the caseworker will ensure will ensure that the case is conducted to inform them of outcome once a decision has been reached.

Yours sincerely

Mrs C Hodson
Hi Kuka,

I have not received the letter but my lawyer called me yesterday to say that my caseworker called him and requested my up to date bank statements.
I am so happy because after 12 month+ waiting, finally it seems that the HO has started working on my case.

kuka

Post by kuka » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:00 pm

bee123, it is even better then letter, great news!

mycase32
Newly Registered

Post by mycase32 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:16 pm

bee123 wrote:

Last update:

Yours sincerely

Mrs C Hodson
Hi Kuka,

I have not received the letter but my lawyer called me yesterday to say that my caseworker called him and requested my up to date bank statements.
I am so happy because after 12 month+ waiting, finally it seems that the HO has started working on my case.
Hi Kuka

I have recevied the same kind of format from the same department as yours but with the different name on it. I am still waiting for a phone call or a letter from home office. 2 weeks ago i called up again to find out they said to me my case is with the case worker but on monday they said its still waiting with a case worker team. Just wondering what ''Economic and Family Migration'' has to do with the case and who are they??

kuka

Post by kuka » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:44 pm

mycase32, the same question was bothering me too :) no idea really

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:16 pm

Last update:

Yours sincerely

Mrs C Hodson
Kuku, I received same letter in October but nothing has happened since then.

I think its just another stunt for buying time and easing out some pressure from applicants. :idea:

Hope all turns out to be real/true tho. Safe!

fshah81
Newly Registered

Post by fshah81 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:19 pm

I think UKBA are dealing with the backlog backwards. I recieved a letter from them for additional docs last saturday and my application is dated jan 09. Kuka and KKK01 have applied in dec and nov 08. Is there anyone esle waiting who has applied after jan 09 or is everyone waiting here is before jan 09? what do u guys think??

bee123
Newly Registered

Post by bee123 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:14 pm

Hello All,

I would like to share my good news:

I applied for an Unmarried Partner Visa in Nov 2008 and last week, the HO called my lawyer to request my up to date bank statements.

Finally today, I received the following email from SOLVIT:
“I understand that the residence card was issued on 3 December and posted to you today, you should receive this shortly, please confirm when you have received.
Regards, UK SOLVIT Centreâ€

kuka

Post by kuka » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:37 pm

bee123, that's great news! Maybe I should contact Solvit as well to push them to do something :)

fshah81
Newly Registered

Post by fshah81 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:08 pm

great news bee123, Congrats

flyhoney
Newly Registered

Post by flyhoney » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:44 pm

bee123 wrote:

Last update:

Yours sincerely

Mrs C Hodson
well, i've got the same letter in November and our application is dated 15April. to be honest, we filed a complaint ourselves + through our mp already, so the letter seems to be some sort of reply to that.

i was wondering if it would help if i send another complaint/letter and attached my current pay slips and bank statements? we are very desperate for residence card. does anyone know who to possibly contact with my letters/requests/complaints? i still don't have the name of our case worker...

People please help!!!