ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

trickortreat
Newly Registered

Re: No acknowledgmet letter yet

Post by trickortreat » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:53 am

Good wrote:
trickortreat wrote:Hi,

I posted this earlier this week but it has disappeared.

I have sent my 14 years application on Nov 1st, and still no acknowledgment letter.
Is this common practice?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, check if the payment has gone through. If it has, then HO has received your paperwork. Not to worry. Acknowledgement letter can go missing in post. You can also check on royalmail website under "track your item". This will tell you when your item was delivered. Keep this number safe. If you do not receive the ack letter, you may need this tracking number while following up your case with the HO.
Just FYI - HO is taking 5-8 months to deal with ILR based on long residence stay.
Good Luck
Thank you so much,
I cannot do any of the above since, I paid my lawyers and they forwarded a cheque.
I am a bit worried now, it's been more than a month, one would have thought that it is standard practice that they acknowledge receipt of any sort of payment.

Magichoneybird
Newly Registered

Still waiting, nearly 9 weeks now.

Post by Magichoneybird » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:24 am

Needing advice.
We sent my husbands Set M visa on 27 september, letter acknowledging reciept dated 28 september. Its now 8 weeks, nearly 9 weeks and they havent taken any money out our account yet. Is this normal? Ive read alot of posts and the money was taken virtually straight away! Ours is a rtelatively straightforward application, my husband is australian. Anyone have any insight for us, Im worrying now that something is wrong. I just dont understand why they havent taken any money from us yet. TIA

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:35 pm

No payment taken usually means an issue in collecting it, hence non-progression of application. How did you send payment?
Best regards

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:38 pm

<<ts been 7 weeks since I applied for ILR although I got a letter saying it could be upto 14 works please do not contact us etc should I still be concered seeing others got there ILR within 2 months of sending it away? <<

I noted earlier that one applicant got ILR in 2 wks time, thats is exceptional and very good luck. On average it takes 3- 5 months, so be patient.
Best regards

sanquhar2010
Newly Registered

Post by sanquhar2010 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:40 am

Got our passports back on Saturday with ILR stamped on 30 NOV.
Good luck to all of you
sanquhar2010 wrote:4 years work permit + one year T2 general
two dependants
submitted on 28/09/10.
confirmation letter received one week after.
waiting

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:44 pm

Applied for ILR SET(O) - HSMP JR + 2 Dependent
Documents sent: 12th October, 2010
Document recieved by HO: 13th October, 2010
Ack letter recieved dated: 13th October, 2010
Payment made by postal orders as I understood this was the fastest method to commence treating of application.

I was under the impression that HSMP JR applications are being treated in 15-21 days...

I am worried this is taking longer than anticipated...

Anyone out there who submitted about the same time?

It is 6th December today... still waiting to eagerly for GOOD NEWS...

Please share recent experiences...

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:45 pm

sent docs of 29th September and still no news and no payment taken?? We paid by debit card and told the bank to make a note of high transaction taken place. Has anyone went over there 24/27 month spouse visa and still got the visa as I understand they cant do anything if they hold your documents while your exisiting spouse visa has expired while in their possession.

samnick
Newly Registered

Post by samnick » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:25 pm

Hi,

Set(O)-WP(5 YEARS)+1 DEPENDANT

here is the timeline

Application sent-2nd Oct 2010
Ack letter recvd-5th Oct 2010
Money taken by HO-5th Oct 2010

Still waiting.

if anyone has applied in the similar dates ,pls update as it seems to be an awful wait

Magichoneybird
Newly Registered

Post by Magichoneybird » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:07 am

gidoc wrote:No payment taken usually means an issue in collecting it, hence non-progression of application. How did you send payment?
Best regards
Gave debit card details, notified bank of a high transaction coming out for £840. Phone bank every week to see if they have declined the payment and they say no, no payment has been presented yet. Its been 11 weeks now. No payment taken, nothing.

Magichoneybird
Newly Registered

Post by Magichoneybird » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:09 am

AzimScot wrote:sent docs of 29th September and still no news and no payment taken?? We paid by debit card and told the bank to make a note of high transaction taken place. Has anyone went over there 24/27 month spouse visa and still got the visa as I understand they cant do anything if they hold your documents while your exisiting spouse visa has expired while in their possession.
We also sent our documents on this day and gave debit card details too and no payment taken either. Glad someone else is in the same boat ragrding the payments, I can understand why they havent taken the payment out yet. Its been 11 weeks nearly, and nothing whatsoever.

aa123

Post by aa123 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:16 am

Azim, Was your case complicated?

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:29 am

no case at all just a straight forward application cant understand why some people money has been taken after 2-3 weeks and ours its been 11 weeks and not taken??

Dont know if this helps but if your spouse visa expires while in application they extend it.

devet
Newly Registered

Post by devet » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:47 pm

<<Application Type: SET(O) 5 yr WP
Mailed (Special Delivery): 30 Sept 2010
Funds Withdrawn (Had Used Maestro Card): 01 Oct 2010 (funds allocated by bank in response to UKBA request) 04 Oct 2010 (funds actually removed from account)
Ack Letter: Rec'd 20 Oct 2010, but dated 01 Oct 2010! >>

Hello,

I am pleased to say that I did receive my approved ILR today. Initial delivery attempt 10th December and I had to collect this morning. It arrived with all the documents I had submitted and my passport (with ILR stamp) with a date of 3rd Dec.

Documents submitted for my application were:

1) Passport
2) Pass Cert for Life in the UK Test
3) Pay Slips for 1 yr and P60's for approx 5 years (NO bank statements were submitted as I bank online and didn't have time acquire proper statements before app due)
4) Very nice letter from employer.
5) I also submitted my council tax statements for the last 5 years although this may have been surplus to the requirement.

No solicitor.

It was potentially a complicated application as there was problems with my work permit and my FLR not initially synchronised *before* it was all sorted with a new work permit and synchronised FLR at the start of the 5 year work permit (e.g. there was technically an over-stay before the 5 year ILR period started).

I hope this helps. Best of luck to everyone and thanks for all the info!

Pamela.

Magichoneybird
Newly Registered

Post by Magichoneybird » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:37 pm

we submitted three months of bank statements and payslips, council tax and phone bills, tax credits letters, DVLA licences and letters, passports and marriage certificate. Alot of our documents other than bank statements and tax credits letters are not in joint names, maybe this is the problem, we also for the first of the two years did not have alot of documents, and we also moved house this year which may cause problems with them. Still no money been taken, just going to have to wait and see whether they send all the documents back.

aa123

Post by aa123 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Azim, your immigration status is still valid when the home office is deciding your case,so you don't need to worry about that.

Magichoneybird,it doesn't matter if you moved as long as you can provide documents that both you and your partner lived at all addresses that you stated in the application.

lumera
- thin ice -

Re: Congratulations on your ILR...

Post by lumera » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:53 pm

devet wrote:<<Application Type: SET(O) 5 yr WP
Mailed (Special Delivery): 30 Sept 2010
Funds Withdrawn (Had Used Maestro Card): 01 Oct 2010 (funds allocated by bank in response to UKBA request) 04 Oct 2010 (funds actually removed from account)
Ack Letter: Rec'd 20 Oct 2010, but dated 01 Oct 2010! >>

Hello,

I am pleased to say that I did receive my approved ILR today. Initial delivery attempt 10th December and I had to collect this morning. It arrived with all the documents I had submitted and my passport (with ILR stamp) with a date of 3rd Dec.

Documents submitted for my application were:

1) Passport
2) Pass Cert for Life in the UK Test
3) Pay Slips for 1 yr and P60's for approx 5 years (NO bank statements were submitted as I bank online and didn't have time acquire proper statements before app due)
4) Very nice letter from employer.
5) I also submitted my council tax statements for the last 5 years although this may have been surplus to the requirement.

No solicitor.

It was potentially a complicated application as there was problems with my work permit and my FLR not initially synchronised *before* it was all sorted with a new work permit and synchronised FLR at the start of the 5 year work permit (e.g. there was technically an over-stay before the 5 year ILR period started).

I hope this helps. Best of luck to everyone and thanks for all the info!

Pamela.
Many thanks Pamela...
Others please post ur experiences so that others will be encouraged!

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:03 am

lumera wrote:Applied for ILR SET(O) - HSMP JR + 2 Dependent
Documents sent: 12th October, 2010
Document recieved by HO: 13th October, 2010
Ack letter recieved dated: 13th October, 2010
Payment made by postal orders as I understood this was the fastest method to commence treating of application.

I was under the impression that HSMP JR applications are being treated in 15-21 days...

I am worried this is taking longer than anticipated...

Anyone out there who submitted about the same time?

It is 6th December today... still waiting to eagerly for GOOD NEWS...

Please share recent experiences...
HSMP JR application .... straight-forward application....

Waiting two(2) months already... this is a mentally-challenging exercise....
...divine intervention required here!

samnick
Newly Registered

Post by samnick » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:48 am

Thanks Pamela.that is very assuring!

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:10 pm

samnick wrote:Thanks Pamela.that is very assuring!
samnick, Fingers crossed, yours should be arriving any moment from now...

Good luck!

samnick
Newly Registered

Post by samnick » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:22 pm

lumera,thanks!.still awaiting eagerly..

Hope urs is on the way too.

AzimScot

Temp Passport

Post by AzimScot » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:04 am

If you have an emergancy and need to leave the country while ILR is processing can the home office give you a temp passport?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Temp Passport

Post by geriatrix » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:16 am

AzimScot wrote:If you have an emergancy and need to leave the country while ILR is processing can the home office give you a temp passport?
A passport (for a foreign national resident in UK) is issued by the embassy of the country the person is a citizen of, not UK Home Office!

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:44 pm

Well a temporary leave I meant? What if someone is dying and needs medical treatment oversees?

Anyway the home office says depending on valid reasons that meets their criteria quote on quote they give leave but it withdraws their application and you require to reapply.

Also, listen up everyone guess what my 14 weeks is not up yet YET they give me information took my ILR reference number and she even made a request to another department to chase up my application and fee payment. She said that 95% of applications for ILR take 6 months most of the time only premium services take quicker. She also said the the order of applications is by the date they receive them not alphabetically which I heard from some before but think this maybe an outdated process due to the number of applications.

Payment should be taken within the first few weeks within a waiting period. This is what made me fume she said if the payment doesnt go through because of the bank refuses it or account has no funds at time of request or say u lose your card you will have to reapply. This is a cause for concern incase someone loses their card or has even £1 less that there ILR fee!

She couldnt give me a timescale when the home office will write to me. She also said that if your visa expires while within application it doesnt go against you it just runs on. Also, a british citizen can have their passport back without any problems?? But not the spouse whos applying.

She was very nice and helpful compared to the first advisor i got she was a monster and said we have no information about you as its NOT NOT 14 weeks they what most say if you show your worry they will help you depends on the adviser you get. I am now thinking looking at all things in prospective that making an application in person okay you pay a little extra but will aviod all this nonsense and lesser risk your application going missing with home office or royal mail plus you dont have to wait for 6 months alot can happen a death a wedding you need to attend a job you accepted but cant start because you need ID. I will know for future. My friend made an application in person for her husband and because she worked for the council she applied in person and they gave her husband an ILR in 10 mins they didnt even look at the ID documents they just wanted them out asap! Thats the home office for you guys.

Magichoneybird
Newly Registered

Post by Magichoneybird » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:17 pm

azimscot, what is the number you rang as its been 12 weeks now and still no money taken from the account either and we are starting to get worried,

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Actually phone the bank and ask them has a request been made from the home office before you call home office. Tell them to put a note on the system of a high transaction put the amount they may take. Call back a 2nd time and make sure its been actioned through another advisor.

number we rang was

Home Office Customer Services 0870 606 77 66 Option 2

have your ILA reference number on you plus the date you applied. They will try and get you off the phone because its not been 14 weeks yet but be strong say your worried sick its an emergancy and they will give you info.