ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:44 pm

hi hun hpe ur all good? i have tried all this hun me n my hubby have emailed them so many times even today and ther just keep saying u will just have to wait for the vac mirpur office to call u for the collection plz plz do dua that my hubby gets a call this week u dnt understand am sooooo stresssed u gt a cALL ON ur 16th week on a thursday i think am i right? may be my hubby might get a call this week and its postive news inshallah[/quote]

I’m ok hun thanx, I really feel our frustration and worry, I just wish there was more you could do, but it’s one of those scenarios that’s out of our control unfortunately. What you need to do in this case is get your MP involved he/she should be able to contact UKBA on your behalf and hopefully chase it up for you.

I really hope and pray you hear the good news soon inshaallah, has you husband called the Mirpur office, maybe if he tries to speak to someone there to find out what’s happening?

You’re in my duas sweety, I know it is really hard and difficult being away from your loved one, but do plenty of dua and inshallah sab behtar hoga.

Keep faith and your wait will be worth it :)
Submitted Mirpur: 25/06/2010
Under process at BHC: 16/07/2010
Decision Made: 06/09/2010
Ready for Collection: 14/10/2010
Passport collected = VISA: 15/10/2010

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:57 pm

awww thankx zahida sooo sweet of u inshallah i will hear good news this week jus keep me in ur duas.....he rang on that number u gave me for islambad ambssy they were jus soooo rude did even listen and just transfered the call to the answer machine and it just kept on saying go gerrys website etc etc......so no we nt gt mirpur office number. but he emailed them today so did i they jus said you have to wait until we dont get ur documents they cant do much any way.

allah will inshallah do all good and it will be postive news to inshallah :D

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:19 pm

Congratulations Corrado :)

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:21 pm

@Yasmin...Try calling Gerrys one more time. We called them and they said they haven't received our documents yet. A few hours later and the status changed. Worth another go?

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:36 pm

[quote="Q4sim"]@Yasmin...Try calling Gerrys one more time. We called them and they said they haven't received our documents yet. A few hours later and the status changed. Worth another go?[/quote]

thankz qasim but i have not got mirpur gerry office number bcoz the documents will cum ther bcoz thaz were my hubby gave his case i only have this numbers is for islamabad only

bhi33
Newly Registered

Post by bhi33 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:54 pm

just to let every one knw my wife got her visa today! and thank you all for your help and support. I do dua for everyone who is still waiting inshallah you will soon get the call! the wait is defiantly worth it!!

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:04 pm

[quote="bhi33"]just to let every one knw my wife got her visa today! and thank you all for your help and support. I do dua for everyone who is still waiting inshallah you will soon get the call! the wait is defiantly worth it!![/quote]

congratz to u nad ur wife masallah thaz great new wish u both a happy married life!!!!

plz do dua for me that my hubby gets a call this week....i am hoping inshallah he wil :D

riz.raja
Newly Registered

VISA

Post by riz.raja » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:42 pm

HAHAHA Alhumduillah WE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~

I'm going to pak to pick up my wife....

Take care
I wish you all the best....

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:48 pm

congrats again :D great news masallah

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:00 pm

congrats to all those who hav received gud news today...really happy 4 u all

inshallah i shud hear something soon...13 weeks today...stil no employer contact...sent my new job letter yesterday...shud hav received it today as sent it recorded delivery...

i have emailed them asking whether a decision has been made or not, also told my partner to email...lets c...wil kp u all updated..

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:10 pm

i am really worried about my partners tb cert expiring..can they refuse it just because of this, or would they simply advise him to get another test done?

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:13 pm

Hi all, just a quick question how r u counting the weeks? are u doing it by working days or just as a normal week, seem to be starting to count the hours at the moment but have got a long way to go i think....i rlly dnt know how u guys get through such along amount of time.....
calling letter 21/06/2011
forwarded to brittish embessy 27/06/11
Under process at BHC 11/07/11

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:15 pm

shazaz wrote:i am really worried about my partners tb cert expiring..can they refuse it just because of this, or would they simply advise him to get another test done?

TB test certificate is valid for 6 months from the date it was issued so hopefully your partner's certificate will be still valid by the time you receive your decision,and they cant refuse visa if certificate expires while application is in process and even if it does expire then they will simply ask your partner to get another one :) (Normally in appeal cases applicants have to get another one before they submit their passport) so just dont worry about it.

I am into my 14 week and still waiting,so far there has not been an employer contact,received only 3 generic replies so far.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

VisaAhmad10
Newly Registered

Need some help?

Post by VisaAhmad10 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi,

I have been reading this forum for a while now and my wife is about to apply for her settlement visa to the UK and I have a few questions as I am worried about some of these issues that might be problematic.

It would be really helpful if I can get answers to these questions.

1. Our Nikah Nama certificate was translated in english and I have been told that it needs to be recognised by the british high commision but I'm not sure if the translation is correct.

The english translation is signed and dated by the translator and been stamped with the following information.

"Translated Compared & Attested to be True Copy"
"Advocate, Attested, Notary Public, Distt. Gujrat, Pakistan"
"Seal, Nikah Register"

Does this information look good enough? I read somewhere that the contact details of the translator should be there too, is this required?

2. Only realised this recently, but I have been calling my wife with international phone cards and so they can't be used as evidence for calls (access number is 0800, this doesn't appear on my phone bill either) so what should be done in this case?

Should I write in the sponsorship statement that I called her using phone cards and say I know that they cannot be tracked, will clearance officer trust this as I will not be able to get more information about the calls and I have been calling her almost every 2-3 weeks for the last 10 months or so.

3. My wife on the other hand has been calling me from her mobile and she does have her phone bill showing calls to me, but the bill is under her brother's name (who works in a phone shop) becase the sim is registered in his name. So what can she do here?

Should she write in the "additional information" section on the form, that the mobile phone is hers but the sim is registered in her brother's name.

4. Does she need to get her TB vaccination well before she hands in the application or can she get it at the Mirpur office?

I'm hoping none of these things will reject the application but am worried.

Thanks

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:24 pm

dilseabbassi wrote:Hi all, just a quick question how r u counting the weeks? are u doing it by working days or just as a normal week, seem to be starting to count the hours at the moment but have got a long way to go i think....i rlly dnt know how u guys get through such along amount of time.....
Your waiting time starts from the day application is submitted so you need to count the total number of calender days and then just convert them into weeks.(seven days=1 week).
You can also count the number of working days by just leaving all weekends and any other public holidays e.g. bank holidays etc.

Remember the advertised waiting time period is just straight 12 weeks from the day application was submitted.

12 weeks = 84 total calender days =60 working days

:)

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: Need some help?

Post by navalaviator » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:44 pm

VisaAhmad10 wrote:Hi,

I have been reading this forum for a while now and my wife is about to apply for her settlement visa to the UK and I have a few questions as I am worried about some of these issues that might be problematic.

It would be really helpful if I can get answers to these questions.

1. Our Nikah Nama certificate was translated in english and I have been told that it needs to be recognised by the british high commision but I'm not sure if the translation is correct.

The english translation is signed and dated by the translator and been stamped with the following information.

"Translated Compared & Attested to be True Copy"
"Advocate, Attested, Notary Public, Distt. Gujrat, Pakistan"
"Seal, Nikah Register"

Does this information look good enough? I read somewhere that the contact details of the translator should be there too, is this required?

Well i assume its enough but i recommend you get it attested by the Ministry of foreign affairs in Islamabad as well and this attestation is regarded as authentic and recognized by the BHC.
I read somewhere that the contact details of the translator should be there too, is this required?
Hmmm cant say anything specifically about this bit of you query so Batleykhan might answer it,recently they have started to contact the Union councils to verify the Nikkah Namas and any other documents included by applicant e.g.applicant's bank statement or his or father's statement (ONLY if it has been included to bolster the financial strength of the application)

2. Only realised this recently, but I have been calling my wife with international phone cards and so they can't be used as evidence for calls (access number is 0800, this doesn't appear on my phone bill either) so what should be done in this case?

Should I write in the sponsorship statement that I called her using phone cards and say I know that they cannot be tracked, will clearance officer trust this as I will not be able to get more information about the calls and I have been calling her almost every 2-3 weeks for the last 10 months or so.
Well normally calling cards are NOT accepted as a legitimate or a proper evidence of contact but recently there were few people here on this forum who claimed that they were issued visas without any itemized phone bills,emails or letters etc which is quite surprising as well, if you cant provide any other evidence of contact other then the calling cards then just explain it in your written statement that you used calling cards instead of the conventional land line or mobile phone to talk to your wife because they are economical etc.(try to get some emails)

3. My wife on the other hand has been calling me from her mobile and she does have her phone bill showing calls to me, but the bill is under her brother's name (who works in a phone shop) becase the sim is registered in his name. So what can she do here?

Should she write in the "additional information" section on the form, that the mobile phone is hers but the sim is registered in her brother's name.

Yes explain it that SIM is registered on her brother's name and that should be fine as long as the bills show your number dialled quite frequently.

4. Does she need to get her TB vaccination well before she hands in the application or can she get it at the Mirpur office?
Application is NOT accepted without a valid TB test certificate so the applicant need to get one before application is submitted(Applicant needs to book a separate appointment for TB test screening and it MUST be done before application is submitted for the above reason and these tests are done at a separate venue NOT at the VAC)

I'm hoping none of these things will reject the application but am worried.

Thanks
:wink:

corrado

Post by corrado » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:56 pm

Thank you to all those who have congratulated me, it seems everyone on here who collected today got the visa, congratulations and best wishes for the future for a happy and peaceful marriage to riz.raja and bhi33.

Yasmin786 the status changed online and my wife got a text minutes later. Insha'Allah you will have good news for us this week too.

I will continue praying for those who are still waiting. I know how hard it is! And I will try and help out where I can although there are many more knowledgable people on here than me!

My full time line below: (Sixteen and a half weeks from submission to collection).

Application submitted at Islamabad VAC 2/7/10
Under process at BHC 16/7/10
Employer contacted 29/9/10
Employer replied 5/10/10
Email application processed 13/10/10
Ready for collection 18/10/10
Collected with visa granted Alhamdulillah 19/10/10

The visa is dated 12/10/10

corrado

Re: Need some help?

Post by corrado » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:58 pm

The English translation must include the translator's contact details.

You must include the original documents and a photocopy of each document. You will also need to provide a translation of any supporting documents which are not in English, or your application may be refused. Each translated document must:

be dated;

include the translator's name and signature; and

include confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document.

From the UKBA website

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... checklist/

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:07 pm

Corrado congratulations mate :D

I am into my 14th week since i submitted my application and hopefully i might hear a positive outcome very soon at anytime Inshallah.

corrado

Post by corrado » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:09 pm

navalaviator wrote:Corrado congratulations mate :D

I am into my 14th week since i submitted my application and hopefully i might hear a positive outcome very soon at anytime Inshallah.
Thank you. Insha'Allah you will hear soon, it may be another week or so though. I will remember everyone waiting in my prayers.

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:12 pm

corrado

thanks i really hope they do call this week inshallah it will be postive news to i hope so jus do dua and every1 is in my dua's

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:13 am

corrado wrote:Alhamdulillah my wife got the visa.

She sent a family member with a letter of authority.

I pray everyone else waiting also has a positive outcome and thanks for all your help and support.

By sheer coincidence this is also my 100th post!
Well done and congratulation on your success :wink:

Zahida

Re: VISA

Post by Zahida » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:53 am

riz.raja wrote:HAHAHA Alhumduillah WE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~

I'm going to pak to pick up my wife....

Take care
I wish you all the best....
Congratulations, thats great news, all the best :D

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:00 am

bhi33 wrote:just to let every one knw my wife got her visa today! and thank you all for your help and support. I do dua for everyone who is still waiting inshallah you will soon get the call! the wait is defiantly worth it!!
Congratulations, all the best for the future :D

corrado

Post by corrado » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:03 pm

batleykhan wrote:
corrado wrote:Alhamdulillah my wife got the visa.

She sent a family member with a letter of authority.

I pray everyone else waiting also has a positive outcome and thanks for all your help and support.

By sheer coincidence this is also my 100th post!
Well done and congratulation on your success :wink:
Thank you. And thanks again also for your kind assistance. :D