ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:08 pm

yh kammy it is a nightmare i still cant get over it that my hubby did nt get the visa after 4months wait. am jus sooo upset and stressed out

but its life tho. jus going to sort the appeal out ASAP inshallah

the reason they refused the visa woz bcoz we did nt send the land registery of the house. they said they did not have proof that the house me and my husband going to live is owned by that person the owner.

i never new if we needed to send the land registery. i just sent the inspeaction letter that the council sent and the owner of the house just gave a letter saying me and my husband can live in the house etc etc

kazmataz
Newly Registered

Post by kazmataz » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:40 pm

Assalamualaikum,

I understand that lots of people are waiting up to 4 months for spouse visas.

A few people I know have managed to get theirs in 2 and 6 days.

I am very worried as my wife's application has not yet been submitted but I don't think I could wait 4 months :S

Also does anyone have any experience applying at Karachi? The experience I have of them so far is that they are very corrupt and do what they can to squeeze every last rupee out of you.

Last question, is it wise to get biometric testing done in advance (i.e. if she gets it done now whilst shes waiting for me to send the paperwork) or does this expire?

Thanks in advance for replies.

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:31 am

yasmin786 wrote:navalaviator thanks

the reason they refused the visa woz bcoz we did nt send the land registery of the house. they said they did not have proof that the house me and my husband going to live is owned by that person the owner.

i never new if we needed to send the land registery. i just sent the inspeaction letter that the council sent and the owner of the house just gave a letter saying me and my husband can live in the house etc etc

but this is nt the first time were sending papers for settlement we have called my sister in laws from pakistan but never sent the land registery.

first time this has happend to us. but allah will do all good inshallah

good luck to every1 inshallah u will get good and postive news [/list]

yasmin did you send any mortgage statements??
submitted at:islamabad vac
application date:06/08/10
forwarded to oc 06/08/10
being processed 27/08/10
Visa granted 12/11/2010

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:59 am

yasmin786 wrote:navalaviator thanks

but this is nt the first time were sending papers for settlement we have called my sister in laws from pakistan but never sent the land registery.

first time this has happend to us. but allah will do all good inshallah

good luck to every1 inshallah u will get good and postive news [/list]
Well its highly likely that the initial decision will get overturned as the reason is just a minor one and i hope that you will not have to wait much longer for visa InshAllah :)
Provide your land registry document and explain it thoroughly so that they overturn it and issue visa. :)
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:47 am

Yasmin inshallah the decision should get overturned as it is only a minor point, get your appeal in ASAP and provide the necessary documents, and if this is their only reason for refusal it should get overturned inshallah.

Goodluck, i'm still shocked after all this wait they refused the visa.
Submitted Mirpur: 25/06/2010
Under process at BHC: 16/07/2010
Decision Made: 06/09/2010
Ready for Collection: 14/10/2010
Passport collected = VISA: 15/10/2010

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:58 am

thankz every1 inshallah. jus do dua that dnt have to wait to long :(

does any1 know were i can get the appeal form from bcoz i hav to do the appeal from here (u.k) nw.

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:00 am

[quote="sensazn"

yasmin did you send any mortgage statements??[/quote]

no i did not :(

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:41 am

yasmin786 wrote:thankz every1 inshallah. jus do dua that dnt have to wait to long :(

does any1 know were i can get the appeal form from bcoz i hav to do the appeal from here (u.k) nw.
Your husband should have been given teh appeal form and refusal notice. He needs to send it to you here in UK, as you the sponsor will have to appeal on your husbands behalf.

You can download it from here IF YOU WANT (IAFT2)
http://www.tribunals.gov.uk/Immigration ... idance.htm

You need to get the title deeds of the property where you intend to live. They will normally be with a solicitor or the banks if there is a mortgage on it.If there is a mortgage on it you will need to prove the payments are upto date ( bank statements/confirmation will prove this).

Remember you have 28 days ( from day you were served the notice, not the date on teh refusal) noticeto get appeal in.

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:49 am

[quote="batleykhan"][quote="yasmin786"]thankz every1 inshallah. jus do dua that dnt have to wait to long :(

does any1 know were i can get the appeal form from bcoz i hav to do the appeal from here (u.k) nw.[/quote]

Your husband should have been given teh appeal form and refusal notice. He needs to send it to you here in UK, as you the sponsor will have to appeal on your husbands behalf.

You can download it from here IF YOU WANT (IAFT2)
http://www.tribunals.gov.uk/Immigration ... idance.htm

You need to get the title deeds of the property where you intend to live. They will normally be with a solicitor or the banks if there is a mortgage on it.If there is a mortgage on it you will need to prove the payments are upto date ( bank statements/confirmation will prove this).

Remember you have 28 days ( from day you were served the notice, not the date on teh refusal) noticeto get appeal in.[/quote]

thanks for that yh.....yh my husband did get it jus spoke to him nw. so am confused wt date do the 28day start from? not from the date he collected his passport. his case was processed on the 12th of october it took 10 days to cum to gerry office.

could u tell me from wt day shall i start counting the 28days from?

safia

yasmin

Post by safia » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:30 am

salam yasmin , i just wanted to ask you know the property you and your husband were going to live in when he comes to the uk is it owned by your parents?
'SOF'

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Yasmin 28 days start from the day he was handed the refusal notice and collected his documents 9 which if I am correct was in teh last few days) NOT from the date on the refusal notice.

Yasmin you still havent clicked on this "qoute thing" have you. All you have to do if you want to quoute someones post is before you strat typing click on the quote button and hopefully it will o[pen the message body up and you can add your comment underneath the quote. It should be ok then

VASEY

Re: visa refused

Post by VASEY » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:14 pm

batleykhan wrote:
VASEY wrote:Hi Guys just a quick query,

My cousins wifes visa was refused because he failed to submit proof of paying tax, He is self employed etc, He managed to get the correct paperwork and sent it to the address on the notice Croydon and BHC Islamabad.
He was hoping the ECO overturns the original decision saving an appeal
He hasn't heard anything back as of yet, do they acknowledge receipt of the paperwork and if so how long do they take.

Kind Regards
Did he formally appeal on the AIT2 form, or did he just write a letter and send the documents to Croydon or AIT in Leicester?.

If he did latter then I think he has cocked it up slightly ( sorry). He shoud have done the first thing. The first is the formal procedure to appeal against a decison. If he hasnt done that that and 28 days have elapsed since the refusal, it will mean that it will be to late for him now to appeal and his only option left is to make a fresh application.

If he did appeal the correct way , it will take 2- 3 months before he hears whether th edecision has been overturned or not. If he did it the other way then the ECO is under no obligation to respond to applicant, because he did not follow the correct procedure and the ECO may well just ignore the letter and additional documents that the applicant sent.
Hi he did do it via the AITform and sent it by recorded delivery to the address on refusal notice in Croydon, However he has been advised now this was the wrong address and he should have sent it to Loughborough, hes worried as 28 days may have run out.

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:33 pm

kazmataz wrote:Assalamualaikum,

I understand that lots of people are waiting up to 4 months for spouse visas.

A few people I know have managed to get theirs in 2 and 6 days.

I am very worried as my wife's application has not yet been submitted but I don't think I could wait 4 months :S

Also does anyone have any experience applying at Karachi? The experience I have of them so far is that they are very corrupt and do what they can to squeeze every last rupee out of you.

Last question, is it wise to get biometric testing done in advance (i.e. if she gets it done now whilst shes waiting for me to send the paperwork) or does this expire?

Thanks in advance for replies.
Salaam

Yeah the average waiting time is 3-4 months, in some cases the decision is made and you still don’t hear anything for another few weeks, in my case it was 6 weeks after decision was made!

I don’t know of anyone who received their Visa’s in 2 or 6 days, are you sure these were settlement cases? :?

Don’t have any experience of Karachi, but the only money you should be paying is the application fee when you submit this nothing more. There have been a few instances where some members/partners have received calls from Islamabad VAC saying their visa’s have been refused and if they pay money they will get the visa, don’t get conned by people like these as they cannot issue a visa anyway, all the decision making is done in the UK.

Finally she needs to have all the biometric information to submit with the application, when she gets this done all depends on how long it takes for you to get the documents ready. I beleive the TB test is valid for 6 months.

It will be a long and frustrating time but inshallah it will be worth it when the result is a positive one, just make sure you have all the necessary documents etc.

Good luck :)
Submitted Mirpur: 25/06/2010
Under process at BHC: 16/07/2010
Decision Made: 06/09/2010
Ready for Collection: 14/10/2010
Passport collected = VISA: 15/10/2010

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:37 pm

[quote="batleykhan"]Yasmin 28 days start from the day he was handed the refusal notice and collected his documents 9 which if I am correct was in teh last few days) [size=18]NOT [/size]from the date on the refusal notice.

Yasmin you still havent clicked on this "qoute thing" have you. All you have to do if you want to quoute someones post is before you strat typing click on the quote button and hopefully it will o[pen the message body up and you can add your comment underneath the quote. It should be ok then[/quote]

lol i do click on the quote thing and them message that the other person sent comes but it still does cum in the white background still dnt knw why tho lol

my hubbys paper were ready for collection on the friday 22/10/2010 but as they phoned him in the afternoon it wAS to late to go on the same day so he went on monday which was yesterday 25/10/2010 so shALL i start to count my 28days from 25/10/2010?

no its my brothers house were we going to live[/quote]

yasmin786

Re: yasmin

Post by yasmin786 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:39 pm

[quote]safia"]salam yasmin , i just wanted to ask you know the property you and your husband were going to live in when he comes to the uk is it owned by your parents?[/quote]

hi hun its my borthers house were going to live and is owned by him

newbie21

Post by newbie21 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:15 pm

http://imm.ksul.co.uk / Jun/Jul applications

hi guys

just wanted to let you know that on friday my employer was contacted and when i emailed the UKBA they said that decision was made on the application on the same day.

navalaviator and shaz im in the same boat as you guys.

:D :) 8)

newbie21

Post by newbie21 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:27 pm

application submitted 27/07/10
application forwarded to BHC 10/08/10
Employer contacted 22/10/10
Decision made 22/10/10
Outcome ???

my twelve weeks were up last tuesday

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:44 pm

newbie21 wrote:http://imm.ksul.co.uk / Jun/Jul applications

hi guys

just wanted to let you know that on friday my employer was contacted and when i emailed the UKBA they said that decision was made on the application on the same day.

navalaviator and shaz im in the same boat as you guys.

:D :) 8)
Wel I still havnt heard anything..status is stil showing as under process..inshallah shud hear something this week.

14 weeks today..

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:29 pm

lol i do click on the quote thing and them message that the other person sent comes but it still does cum in the white background still dnt knw why tho lol

my hubbys paper were ready for collection on the friday 22/10/2010 but as they phoned him in the afternoon it wAS to late to go on the same day so he went on monday which was yesterday 25/10/2010 so shALL i start to count my 28days from 25/10/2010?

Yes thats right. You have untill 21/11/10 to get the papers in.

no its my brothers house were we going to live

You will need a letter from your brother to say that you can stay there rent free untill such a time that you can afford your own. You need to attach title dees for this property along with confirmation in writting that all mortgage payments are up to date.

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:40 pm

thanks batleykhan
inshallah will be sorting it out all this week so send the papers (asap)

good luck every1 inshallah all of use will get postive news :)

TAJManchester
Newly Registered

Post by TAJManchester » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:00 pm

Hello everyone

well my status changed to collection last nite but i didnt receive any sms or email... I waited till noon today and then called the gerrys office... the person thr told me that ur doc r ready for collection so just go to gerrys office frm 2 to 5 and collect them... I got thr at 2 and collected my doc by 3 with the visa stamped on my passport :) ... Thank God i got the visa.... My husband is kuming on the 10 th n v'll leave for uk aftr eid :)

i wish everyone gets a positive response... Tc and all the best... N yasmin dun worry just focus on the appeal and inshAllah u'll get together wid ur partner soon :)

batleykhan

Re: visa refused

Post by batleykhan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:47 pm

VASEY wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
VASEY wrote:Hi Guys just a quick query,

My cousins wifes visa was refused because he failed to submit proof of paying tax, He is self employed etc, He managed to get the correct paperwork and sent it to the address on the notice Croydon and BHC Islamabad.
He was hoping the ECO overturns the original decision saving an appeal
He hasn't heard anything back as of yet, do they acknowledge receipt of the paperwork and if so how long do they take.

Kind Regards
Did he formally appeal on the AIT2 form, or did he just write a letter and send the documents to Croydon or AIT in Leicester?.

If he did latter then I think he has cocked it up slightly ( sorry). He shoud have done the first thing. The first is the formal procedure to appeal against a decison. If he hasnt done that that and 28 days have elapsed since the refusal, it will mean that it will be to late for him now to appeal and his only option left is to make a fresh application.

If he did appeal the correct way , it will take 2- 3 months before he hears whether th edecision has been overturned or not. If he did it the other way then the ECO is under no obligation to respond to applicant, because he did not follow the correct procedure and the ECO may well just ignore the letter and additional documents that the applicant sent.
Hi he did do it via the AITform and sent it by recorded delivery to the address on refusal notice in Croydon, However he has been advised now this was the wrong address and he should have sent it to Loughborough, hes worried as 28 days may have run out.
I would not worry at all, you can either send it to Croydon or AIT in Loughbrough.

You did the right thing by sending it to Croydon as that is the post who refused it in the first place.

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:41 pm

TAJManchester wrote:Hello everyone

well my status changed to collection last nite but i didnt receive any sms or email... I waited till noon today and then called the gerrys office... the person thr told me that ur doc r ready for collection so just go to gerrys office frm 2 to 5 and collect them... I got thr at 2 and collected my doc by 3 with the visa stamped on my passport :) ... Thank God i got the visa.... My husband is kuming on the 10 th n v'll leave for uk aftr eid :)

i wish everyone gets a positive response... Tc and all the best... N yasmin dun worry just focus on the appeal and inshAllah u'll get together wid ur partner soon :)
Congrats..wen was ur docs submiitetd and at which vac?

corrado

Post by corrado » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:46 pm

yasmin786 I'm very sorry to hear about your refusal, make sure your appeal paperwork is watertight and insha'Allah it will be overturned without a hearing.

I would suggest you download a copy of the title deeds and title plan from the land registry website (about £8 for both), include the latest mortgage statement if applicable, the latest council tax bill and maybe also one utility bill such as water rates. (As well as the letter stating you and your husband can live there free of charge from your brother as suggested by Batleykhan.) I presume you already submitted the inspection letter from the council?

corrado

Post by corrado » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:47 pm

TAJManchester wrote:Hello everyone

Masha'Allah. Many congratulations to you both :)