ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Fri May 03, 2013 12:47 pm

rec212 wrote:Can a person ask for a reconsideration of the case eventhough there is no appeal?
I have been here for 6 months now.
How long have you been married and where did you marry? My solicitor told me that you need at least 2 proven years of cohabitation with your British partner to have a strong case. Now I'm not sure what the deal is if you are legally married - I'm not married but have been living with my partner for 3+ years.

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Fri May 03, 2013 1:18 pm

Prince74 wrote:
rec212 wrote:Can a person ask for a reconsideration of the case eventhough there is no appeal?
I think those with both British spouse and British children are those whose applications are likely to be successful[/quote

My Daughter is British, im not with her father anymore. My daughter lives with me and visits her father weekly. I took him to court to get a court order and i sent it to the UKBa with my application. well i sent a certified copy using my solicitor.

There is no consistency with these people though. they cant take my daughter away from me or kick her out of the country. i provide everything for her and i work full time as well. she is 5 turning 6 in September and is in school as well

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Fri May 03, 2013 1:26 pm

pepper04 wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
I think those with both British spouse and British children are those whose applications are likely to be successful[/quote

My Daughter is British, im not with her father anymore. My daughter lives with me and visits her father weekly. I took him to court to get a court order and i sent it to the UKBa with my application. well i sent a certified copy using my solicitor.

There is no consistency with these people though. they cant take my daughter away from me or kick her out of the country. i provide everything for her and i work full time as well. she is 5 turning 6 in September and is in school as well
Hi rec212
So sorry to hear dat you have been refused. You need to be strong and refuse to give up and remain positive.
There's always light at the end of the tunnel.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Fri May 03, 2013 1:27 pm

pepper04 wrote:
Prince74 wrote:

NO way your application will be refused , you will be granted it's just a matter of time .

rec212

Post by rec212 » Fri May 03, 2013 2:05 pm

Thanks to everyone for the support. I will stay positive and fight for my rights

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Fri May 03, 2013 2:09 pm

justice12 wrote:
pepper04 wrote:
Prince74 wrote:

NO way your application will be refused , you will be granted it's just a matter of time .
Thank you justcie, your kind words really do help. its just so frustrating becuase life is on hold and you cant plan your future. Im just grateful i am in work at the moment otherwise it would be hard to look after my daughter.

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Fri May 03, 2013 2:10 pm

rec212 wrote:Thanks to everyone for the support. I will stay positive and fight for my rights
hi darling, thats the spirit, dont give up sometimes they think people dont know what they are entitled to and are probably hoping you`ll just leave quietly. After watching the dispatch programme, i dont beleive all the case workers know the rules and what you are entitled to. they just look at things on the surface. Just see what your solicitor says and go from there. Good luck :)

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Fri May 03, 2013 2:19 pm

pepper04 wrote:
justice12 wrote:
pepper04 wrote:
Prince74 wrote:

Thank you justcie, your kind words really do help. its just so frustrating becuase life is on hold and you cant plan your future. Im just grateful i am in work at the moment otherwise it would be hard to look after my daughter.
Just make sure you will get the next 3ys not something else . they may try to put you on the 10 ys family route , and that is not the case , you my start to speak with your solicitors about this .

rec212

Post by rec212 » Fri May 03, 2013 2:21 pm

justice12 wrote:Just make sure you will get the next 3ys not something else . they may try to put you on the 10 ys family route , and that is not the case , you my start to speak with your solicitors about this .
Is that message for me?

@Pepper04, thank you so much, your message alleviated my depression.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri May 03, 2013 3:04 pm

@Prince...I'm sorry to hear about your refusal and yeah,do appeal and reckon this time around you will positive results after waiting too long for ur application.All the best with your appeal and do keep us posted.

@Cookie...all the best doll with your application.

@Rec....your welcome and will keep you in my prayers!

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Fri May 03, 2013 3:06 pm

Keisha wrote:@Prince...I'm sorry to hear about your refusal and yeah,do appeal and reckon this time around you will positive results after waiting too long for ur application.All the best with your appeal and do keep us posted.

thank you Keisha!! :wink:

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Fri May 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Keisha wrote:@Pepper....I feel you doll but reckon u will get a response soon.Don't let this issue be a hinderance despite anxiously waiting for the results.I'm also anxiously waiting and pray all goes well hey!

@Rec....I'm sorry to hear about that and seems like you had a quick response within 2months.Surely,sounds like something is amiss...where does the 20yrs come in now??How long have u been here??

Don't panic,surely there might be a plan and ask solicitor what's another option?
Aww abe thank you very much. It really is about keeping positive, its hard sometimes but i`ll try. Thank God for you guys on this forum. you really are amazing. i hope things work out for all of us. :)

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Fri May 03, 2013 3:10 pm

@Pepper04, thank you so much, your message alleviated my depression.[/quote]

Im glad to hear it. you guys do the same for me too. we just have to keep encouraging each other and thats the only way we can educate ourselves regarding all the immigration changes etc

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri May 03, 2013 3:19 pm

@Pepper...true,encouraging one another helps as all of us are either in similar or same situation.We just need to be optimistic and hope for the best results.I always tell myself that despite all,God will see me through this and through Him,everything is possible.So,let each day bring a smile and don't let UKBA get under ur skin.I truly pray that all goes well for us and to also those who are going to appeal!!!

Its really true: Sharing is Caring!

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Fri May 03, 2013 3:43 pm

Keisha wrote:@Prince...I'm sorry to hear about your refusal and yeah,do appeal and reckon this time around you will positive results after waiting too long for ur application.All the best with your appeal and do keep us posted.

My solicitor called me now to tell me that a caseworker at the Home Office called them to tell them that they are now dealing with my application and there was a letter he wanted my solicitor to fax to him. She has faxed it to them. The caseworker apologised for the length of time it has taken the Home Office to reconsider my application. My solicitor told the caseworker about my mother's death. We will get a decision from the Home Office next week.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri May 03, 2013 3:48 pm

@Prince...I thank God that ur application is being processed speedily.That's really good news and I pray they grant you a stay!Also sorry about your mom and may God comfort you and your family during this trying times!

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Fri May 03, 2013 3:58 pm

[/quote]
Last edited by justice12 on Fri May 03, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Fri May 03, 2013 3:59 pm

[/quote]
Last edited by justice12 on Fri May 03, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:00 pm

justice12 wrote: My solicitor called me now to tell me that a caseworker at the Home Office called them to tell them that they are now dealing with my application and there was a letter he wanted my solicitor to fax to him. She has faxed it to them. The caseworker apologised for the length of time it has taken the Home Office to reconsider my application. My solicitor told the caseworker about my mother's death. We will get a decision from the Home Office next week.
Prince sorry to hear about your mum , my god give you all the strength to carry on with your life , and i hope you will have a good news by next week so you will be able to go home at least .[/quote][/quote]

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Keisha wrote:@Prince...I thank God that ur application is being processed speedily.That's really good news and I pray they grant you a stay!Also sorry about your mom and may God comfort you and your family during this trying times!
Nothing speedily about my application. It has been with them for 3 years - since May 2010. My prayer is for them to grant me 3 years DLR based on the old policy which was in place when my application was submitted rather than the 2.5 years which they are currently giving to those that applied post-July 2012.

rec212

Hello

Post by rec212 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:38 pm

Update: I got in touch with my solicitor who said that I can push forward a spouse visa application once I get a removal notice.

Do you think this is a rational course of action?
Do you think it'd be better to go back to my home country and then apply?
I do not want to be apart from my wife :(
Second FLR(o) sent: 5th June
Acknowledgement: 13th June
Bio dated: 13th June
Bio sent: 27th June
Waiting:...

cookies
Scotland

Re: Hello

Post by cookies » Fri May 03, 2013 4:40 pm

rec212 wrote:Update: I got in touch with my solicitor who said that I can push forward a spouse visa application once I get a removal notice.

I would do what your solicitor says, I believe that you have a right to appeal once you get the removal letter. am I right, guys? Or did I misunderstand that part? I understood that all removal letters give you a right to appeal.

bishop007
Newly Registered

Post by bishop007 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:42 pm

rec212 wrote:Update: I got in touch with my solicitor who said that I can push forward a spouse visa application once I get a removal notice.

Sorry to hear about the result of your application, i think your solicitor is quite right there, if you've being served with a removal notice, thats when your spouse situation comes in, (i mean her health condition and you been in genuine relationship with your partner )

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:52 pm

bishop007 wrote:

Sorry to hear about the result of your application, i think your solicitor is quite right there, if you've being served with a removal notice, thats when your spouse situation comes in, (i mean her health condition and you been in genuine relationship with your partner )
That's not entirely correct. Spouse situation must have been presented with the application which was refused. Removal notice only affords you the right of appeal which the HO did not give you, and you can then present your case to an independent immigration judge.

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Fri May 03, 2013 4:52 pm

My solicitor has just emailed me to tell me my application was sent this afternoon by special delivery post! I'm so nervous, now the wait begins, fingers crossed and good luck to everyone as well!! :shock: