ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iHope

Post by iHope » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi everybody!
just wanted to ask that does anyone know a story where someone applied for SET LR/O when they were two, three or more months short of 10 years and got ILR because they established 10 years of lawful residence during the process of application? please i would really appreciate if someone share a success story on this one.
Last edited by iHope on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucky13

Re: 10 years (LR) ILR

Post by lucky13 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:32 pm

khizarm wrote:Hi everyone,

I just sent my application for ILR using SET (LR) forms:

Application Sent: 17/09/2013
Payment Method: Credit Card
Acknowledgement letter: 19/08/2013
Biometrics letter received: TBC
Biometrics enrolled: TBC
Approved Date (On Letter): TBC
Passport/Approval Letter Received: TBC
Biometric Card Received: TBC

Documents Sent:
Passports (x3).
Life in the UK Test Result.
Payslips.
bank statement with bank letter showing current balance with opening date of account.
current bills.
covering letter.

My route to 10 years residence is 5 years student visa + 2 years PSW + 2 years Tier 1 (General) + 3 years Tier 1 ( General expire 10/10/2015). All I sent in the post was three passports, with visas and residence permit spanning last 10 years.
Hi khizarm, if you are applying for 10 year long residence why you send Payslips,
bank statement with bank letter showing current balance with an opening date of the account
and current bills?
I updated on SkyDrive.
Good Luck.

woolf
Newly Registered

Post by woolf » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:55 am

I need advice please help me, almost 26th week (6 months) since submitting my application. waiting for the outcome, what can i do now to ?????

i will be contacting local MP

goodies901

Re: Wife's application

Post by goodies901 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
goodies901 wrote:Hi guys,

I received my ILR last week and needs to apply for my wife.
She's been here for almost 7 years - Student dependant for 2 years, PSW dependant for 2 years and Tier 1 General dependant for almost 3 years now. She currently have Tier 1 visa dependant visa until 2016 (based on my previous Tier 1 Visa).

In short, what form should i use to apply for her and can her application be processed at PEO?

Any help/response will be very much appreciated.
Since she's already been as your dependent for more than 2 yrs on Tier1 dependent, I have an impression that she can apply for her settlement if she's already got her LITUK certificate.

Read this post to understand how and what to do.
Thanks Damanisshallo, so the usual SET (O) might do the trick. Also, as the category isn't clear, could she apply for same day service as PEO?

Cheers.

khizarm
Pakistan

Post by khizarm » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:19 pm

goodies901 wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:
goodies901 wrote:Hi guys,

I received my ILR last week and needs to apply for my wife.
She's been here for almost 7 years - Student dependant for 2 years, PSW dependant for 2 years and Tier 1 General dependant for almost 3 years now. She currently have Tier 1 visa dependant visa until 2016 (based on my previous Tier 1 Visa).

In short, what form should i use to apply for her and can her application be processed at PEO?

Any help/response will be very much appreciated.
Since she's already been as your dependent for more than 2 yrs on Tier1 dependent, I have an impression that she can apply for her settlement if she's already got her LITUK certificate.

Read this post to understand how and what to do.
Thanks Damanisshallo, so the usual SET (O) might do the trick. Also, as the category isn't clear, could she apply for same day service as PEO?

Cheers.
Your wife should go on FLR (M) visa once she get FLR (M) then immediately you can apply for ur indefinite visa based on she spent 2 years with you as dependent providing that she passed the LIfe in the UK test or ESOL level 2 with citizenship . you must apply with in 28 days of ur ILR visa.

john100v
Newly Registered

ILR Approved

Post by john100v » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Hello all,

I've received the ILR approval today (applied through solicitor).

This is my rough time line, will update the complete details sooner.

Application sent: 04/04/2013
Payment Method: Debit Card
Acknowledgement letter: 15/04/2013
Biometrics letter received:04/05/2013
Biometrics enrolled:09/05/2013

Biometric Card Received: 26/09/2013

Approved Date (On Letter):
Passport/Approval Letter Received:

Thank you

Benito

Re: ILR Approved

Post by Benito » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:33 pm

john100v wrote:Hello all,

Thank you
Congratulations, wish you all the best in the future

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Thank you
Congratulations mate your wait is over
ASJID

rajiv.80
Newly Registered

Post by rajiv.80 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Thank you
. Congratulations friend. Enjoy your freedom.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:19 am

khizarm wrote:you must apply with in 28 days of ur ILR visa.
Is this your assumption or have you got any reference. If so, could you please share it with everyone here.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

goodies901

Post by goodies901 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:06 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
khizarm wrote:you must apply with in 28 days of ur ILR visa.
Is this your assumption or have you got any reference. If so, could you please share it with everyone here.
I was wondering same as I didn't know there is a time limit for her to change her leave to remain?

@Khizam, can help with other infor you might have?

lucky13

Post by lucky13 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Thank you

Congratulations ....

cheeta
Newly Registered

Post by cheeta » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:36 pm

Thank you
many congratulations

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:24 pm

Thank you

Dear ,

Many Congratulations!!

if you dont mind can i ask you was your case straightforward ? i have heard from some friends that if you apply through solicitor ,UKBA reply you early means HO take less time to decide the out come of an application ....if you have any idea about please let me know !

Thanks ,

john100v
Newly Registered

Post by john100v » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:56 am

Thank you all for your wishes!
if you dont mind can i ask you was your case straightforward ? i have heard from some friends that if you apply through solicitor ,UKBA reply you early means HO take less time to decide the out come of an application ....if you have any idea about please let me know !
I'm not sure whether my case is straight forward or not, had one appeal 5 years back regarding my work permit and I was covered under temporary leave (3c) by then. Apart from that keeping a solicitor won't make a big difference, I guess. In my case my solicitor just filled the application and posted on my behalf. But If your waiting time is more than 6 months then the solicitor can help in the communication part with the HO.

As I have been following this board, the HO follows a decision time in an order for atleast 70 to 80% applications. So if you are lucky (or if the probability works on your way) you are sure to get your ILR around the time of 5 to 6 months.

It is really painful to wait blindly. There should be some mode of tracking for the waiting time, which the HO should consider at least for the long waiting ILR applications.

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:23 pm

iHope wrote:Hi everybody!
just wanted to ask that does anyone know a story where someone applied for SET LR/O when they were two, three or more months short of 10 years and got ILR because they established 10 years of lawful residence during the process of application? please i would really appreciate if someone share a success story on this one.
Hi iHope applying three or more months before completing 10 years is bet tricky and i think its gamble as well i had three months short from 10 years entered UK 13/04/2003 and last visa was expiring on 10/01/2013 so short of about three month and if apply 28 days before than about two months i went to see many solicitors some of them told i can not apply short of time but some told me that i can apply and explain that if you apply before the end of your previous leave you are going to be covered by 3c leave till home office decide your application and home office take about 5/6 months to decide applications but there is a chance that if a casework unit notice its early application they may decide it early but i have been told that still i will get right of appeal as i will make a in time application which will attract right of appeal and by the time i will get court hearing date i will complete 10 years eventually and then i can make an other application and if home office take it normal time 5/6 months at the time of decision i wil be over 10 years and according to the law i should get ILR i had other option to make a application to cover 3 months and then vary that application to ILR which i did i applied for tier 1 visa and when i completed 10 years i varied that application to ILR and i am still waiting for the outcome of my application its just gone over 5 months now and hopefully will get positive result in my opinion this way is more safe though its more costly. there will be some one who knows more then me about this situation come on guys have your say as there will be may people in this situation.
ASJID

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:38 pm

On the Set LR page of the UKBA it says:"Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your 10-year qualifying period. If you do, we may refuse your application and we will not refund the fee"

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... rmset(LR)/

iHope

Post by iHope » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:57 pm

asjid73 wrote:
Hi iHope applying three or more months before completing 10 years is bet tricky and i think its gamble as well i had three months short from 10 years entered UK 13/04/2003 and last visa was expiring on 10/01/2013 so short of about three month and if apply 28 days before than about two months i went to see many solicitors some of them told i can not apply short of time but some told me that i can apply and explain that if you apply before the end of your previous leave you are going to be covered by 3c leave till home office decide your application and home office take about 5/6 months to decide applications but there is a chance that if a casework unit notice its early application they may decide it early but i have been told that still i will get right of appeal as i will make a in time application which will attract right of appeal and by the time i will get court hearing date i will complete 10 years eventually and then i can make an other application and if home office take it normal time 5/6 months at the time of decision i wil be over 10 years and according to the law i should get ILR i had other option to make a application to cover 3 months and then vary that application to ILR which i did i applied for tier 1 visa and when i completed 10 years i varied that application to ILR and i am still waiting for the outcome of my application its just gone over 5 months now and hopefully will get positive result in my opinion this way is more safe though its more costly. there will be some one who knows more then me about this situation come on guys have your say as there will be may people in this situation.
ASJID
Hi Asjid! thanks very much for your response. I understand what you are saying. I have exactly the same situation but i have dependants as well with no option of extending on point based system. i could apply directly for IRL and even if get refused, I could win in appeal as you explained BUT safer option for me is to apply FLR (O) and during the process, I can vary my application once 10 year mark is passed or within 28 days of 10 years limit. thanks again and good luck

iHope

Post by iHope » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:58 pm

asjid73 wrote:
ASJID
Hi Asjid! thanks very much for your response. I understand what you are saying. I have exactly the same situation but i have dependants as well with no option of extending on point based system. i could apply directly for IRL and even if get refused, I could win in appeal as you explained BUT safer option for me is to apply FLR (O) and during the process, I can vary my application once 10 year mark is passed or within 28 days of 10 years limit. thanks again and good luck

iHope

Post by iHope » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:01 am

Babz wrote:
On the Set LR page of the UKBA it says:"Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your 10-year qualifying period. If you do, we may refuse your application and we will not refund the fee"

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... rmset(LR)/
Thank you @Babz for clarification.

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:55 am

iHope wrote:
asjid73 wrote:
ASJID
Hi Asjid! thanks very much for your response. I understand what you are saying. I have exactly the same situation but i have dependants as well with no option of extending on point based system. i could apply directly for IRL and even if get refused, I could win in appeal as you explained BUT safer option for me is to apply FLR (O) and during the process, I can vary my application once 10 year mark is passed or within 28 days of 10 years limit. thanks again and good luck[/quote

Hi iHope i think you are right FLR(0) is very good option that's going to be a safe bridge for you to reach 10 years compilation.There is one point which is very important do every effort to make a valid FLR(0) application take extra care about HO fee payment photos and correct application form any mistake at this stage can be problem if you need any information regarding variation process you are more then well come, God bless you i wish you best of luck.
ASJID

bobby_das
Newly Registered

HELP NEEDED -ILR DEPENDENT

Post by bobby_das » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:48 pm

HI Everyone.

I recently received my ilr on 10 year basis.(4years sudent+3years workpermit+3years tier1dependent)
can anyone please advice on my case.which visa should i apply for my wife ,who is on her tier1 visa still valid for one more year.she was earlier 2 years dependent on my work permit visa .can i apply set (o) application or flr(o).

please advice best way to go.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: HELP NEEDED -ILR DEPENDENT

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:00 pm

bobby_das wrote:HI Everyone.

I recently received my ilr on 10 year basis.(4years sudent+3years workpermit+3years tier1dependent)
can anyone please advice on my case.which visa should i apply for my wife ,who is on her tier1 visa still valid for one more year.she was earlier 2 years dependent on my work permit visa .can i apply set (o) application or flr(o).

You can try reading this post to understand how and what to do.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

bobby_das
Newly Registered

Re: HELP NEEDED -ILR DEPENDENT

Post by bobby_das » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:30 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
bobby_das wrote:HI Everyone.

You can try reading this post to understand how and what to do.
Thank you Damanisshallo for your advice.
can you please send details of solicitor ,so i can approch him.
do i need to use set(o) or set (m).
i will try going direct to peo crydon.
and let you know the out come.

opty88

update

Post by opty88 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:03 pm

Application sent: 03-09-2013
Application Received: 04-09-2013
Payment taken out from bank account: 06-09-2013
Acknowledgement letter: 13/9/13
Biometrics letter received: 24/9/13
Biometrics enrolled: 28/9/13