ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hoeny123
Newly Registered

Post by hoeny123 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:53 pm

imranh wrote:
hoeny123 wrote:
khan786 wrote:
hoeny123 wrote:
Well i am quite freshy as compare to you guys as my wife applied only three weeks ago.... :)

Is there anyone else who applied in october ??
Yes i applied in october too.. wait is killing me.

Also if they contact employers how long after submitting application do they contact, because i want to start another job at end of year in january.
Khan, I note your application status from the correspondence and wondering how come your status got changed to visa under process so early.... I applied just over three weeks ago and it still says forwarded to islamabad oc....bit confused on whats going on :?

Also it seems like we are in the same boat as i too may have to change my employer by the start of next year and still don't know what to do....some fellows from this forum suggested to inform them through email about this change of employer....now don't know if it is right to do ??? whats your opinion on that ???
if you are going to change jobs within 12-16 weeks from your submitted application date then i would definitely notify them by sending to their croydon office new employment detail letters. Before doing that though I would email them to notify them and they should advise you what to do (i.e. send new emmployment details).

This is what I did and insha allah it should not be a problem
Thanks imran for valueable contribution to this discussion. when you sent them an email informing them of your change of employer then what exactly they asked you to do and what and how did you do that. can you please advise a little bit in more detail ???

also when did you apply for the visa ???

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:48 pm

Salaam kaammy and shazaz. Any further progress? Status still the same for me.
Spouse Settlement Visa (Islamabad)
26/07/10: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
25/10/10: Employer contacted

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:00 pm

zar2009 wrote:Salaam kaammy and shazaz. Any further progress? Status still the same for me.
Stil the same for me too..

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:28 pm

heys guys to let u knw i hav sent my husbands appeal off so plz all do dua that every thing is right.

inshallah u will all get good news very soon and will be postive to......the wait is jus a killer i hav been through it and is going through it again.....i hpe they dnt take long for the appeal nw.

good luck again every1 ur all in my dua's

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Does anyone know whether checks r made in pakistan, as i receivd an email today stating that my partners application is bein processed by collegues in islamabad. I am rather confused nw as they told me on the 21/10/10 that the application had been processed. Now they are saying its getting processed in islamabad. I reali dnt undrstand wt is goin on

The call my partner received has really worried me..but someone has said to me that it may be that the bhc are checking up on us, whether it is genuine or not. Would bhc really make an enquiry by asking for money??

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:32 pm

yasmin786 wrote:heys guys to let u knw i hav sent my husbands appeal off so plz all do dua that every thing is right.

inshallah u will all get good news very soon and will be postive to......the wait is jus a killer i hav been through it and is going through it again.....i hpe they dnt take long for the appeal nw.

Thats xcellent hun, praying for u. U hav waitd very long, but atleast u hav gt the appeal in and inshallah u wil get some gud news. I pray it gets overtrnd.

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:19 pm

zar2009 wrote:Salaam kaammy and shazaz. Any further progress? Status still the same for me.
W/SALAAM Zar2009
Im tired of logging in everyday to see the same message. Mine and yours has not changed since then. Ive had no employer contact, no call, no email.
You have had employer contact at least someone is looking at it lol.
Yours should change very soon now, maybe Friday.
Shazaz still same I guess.
Cant be that long now I guess. I say by end of week if not defo next week Insha Allah a positive result.

Please everyone do dua for us.
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

hoeny123
Newly Registered

Post by hoeny123 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:49 pm

shazaz wrote:Does anyone know whether checks r made in pakistan, as i receivd an email today stating that my partners application is bein processed by collegues in islamabad. I am rather confused nw as they told me on the 21/10/10 that the application had been processed. Now they are saying its getting processed in islamabad. I reali dnt undrstand wt is goin on

The call my partner received has really worried me..but someone has said to me that it may be that the bhc are checking up on us, whether it is genuine or not. Would bhc really make an enquiry by asking for money??
well Shazaz, i personally don't think that somebody from bhc could give you a ring and ask for money to establish that whether you are genuin case or not.. but i do feel that they don't do everything at croydon office and do bit of the work from ISB like checking marriage registration certificates, Nadra records, any employment references from pak in case somebody showed wife' employment there etc etc....so may be they are processing something like this at ISB and if this is the case then your application is very close to a decision i guess...

well i would say good luck and don't feel alone as our prayers are with you all the way... :)

hoeny123
Newly Registered

Post by hoeny123 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:54 pm

K44MYY wrote:
W/SALAAM Zar2009
Im tired of logging in everyday to see the same message. Mine and yours has not changed since then. Ive had no employer contact, no call, no email.
You have had employer contact at least someone is looking at it lol.
Yours should change very soon now, maybe Friday.
Shazaz still same I guess.
Cant be that long now I guess. I say by end of week if not defo next week Insha Allah a positive result.

Please everyone do dua for us.
well this excercise of checking status would make us remember the log on details till death, i feel.... :lol:

but don't worry Kammy, be patient and Insha'Allah everything will be alright...

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:39 am

Hi guys i have a quick question, how long after status changed to under process do they dontact ur employer? and do they phone like head office or my actual manager? as i work for quite a big company im not sure who they would contact?? just over six weeks left untill my 12th week is up its so hard waiting it seems to be taking forever :(
calling letter 21/06/2011
forwarded to brittish embessy 27/06/11
Under process at BHC 11/07/11

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:57 am

dilseabbassi wrote:Hi guys i have a quick question, how long after status changed to under process do they dontact ur employer? and do they phone like head office or my actual manager? as i work for quite a big company im not sure who they would contact?? just over six weeks left untill my 12th week is up its so hard waiting it seems to be taking forever :(

Average waiting time is 12-16 weeks. They may not contact ur employer if they r satisfied with ur paprwrk..so every case just varies..

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:58 am

It was 15 weeks yestrday..i am sooo frustrated!

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:46 am

hoeny123 wrote:
shazaz wrote:Does anyone know whether checks r made in pakistan, as i receivd an email today stating that my partners application is bein processed by collegues in islamabad. I am rather confused nw as they told me on the 21/10/10 that the application had been processed. Now they are saying its getting processed in islamabad. I reali dnt undrstand wt is goin on

well Shazaz, i personally don't think that somebody from bhc could give you a ring and ask for money to establish that whether you are genuin case or not.. but i do feel that they don't do everything at croydon office and do bit of the work from ISB like checking marriage registration certificates, Nadra records, any employment references from pak in case somebody showed wife' employment there etc etc....so may be they are processing something like this at ISB and if this is the case then your application is very close to a decision i guess...

well i would say good luck and don't feel alone as our prayers are with you all the way... :)
shazaz

hoeny123 is right they will not ask for more money , this is basically some corrupt person that works in islamabad who is trying ta make some easy money by taking advantage of this stiuation. Its happened a few time before on this forms as well and in all cases they had already recieved the visa. This fraud can only be done to the people we have already recieved the visa from bhc , then the person calling pretends the applicant didnt get the visa and tells them he can get them the visa if they pay him.

In regards to further check by islamabad i believe these are done before the documents are sent to croydon. When i applied for my mrs visa, the ISB contacted the marriage reg place to check our marriage certificate. After this was done then the doc were sent to croydon .

The best thing would be to keep emailing bhc so they do somthing about this. Personally i would email at the following:

ukhub.pakistansettlementenquiriesandcomplaints@fco.gov.uk

tell them it been 15 weeks since application and ask them if a decison as been made on your case, tell them that you have recieved different reply's everytime sometime they say its been processed and sometimes they say its still under process. Tell them your not happy with the service you have recieved and you want a proper reply .

If they say a decison has been made then you will know 100% that ISB is not doing any check cuz once a decision is made they cannot do anything.

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:54 am

zeddy zed wrote:
hoeny123 wrote:

shazaz

hoeny123 is right they will not ask for more money , this is basically some corrupt person that works in islamabad who is trying ta make some easy money by taking advantage of this stiuation. Its happened a few time before on this forms as well and in all cases they had already recieved the visa. This fraud can only be done to the people we have already recieved the visa from bhc , then the person calling pretends the applicant didnt get the visa and tells them he can get them the visa if they pay him.

In regards to further check by islamabad i believe these are done before the documents are sent to croydon. When i applied for my mrs visa, the ISB contacted the marriage reg place to check our marriage certificate. After this was done then the doc were sent to croydon .

The best thing would be to keep emailing bhc so they do somthing about this. Personally i would email at the following:

ukhub.pakistansettlementenquiriesandcomplaints@fco.gov.uk

tell them it been 15 weeks since application and ask them if a decison as been made on your case, tell them that you have recieved different reply's everytime sometime they say its been processed and sometimes they say its still under process. Tell them your not happy with the service you have recieved and you want a proper reply .

If they say a decison has been made then you will know 100% that ISB is not doing any check cuz once a decision is made they cannot do anything.

Thank u for ur detailed reply. I reali appreciate it. I have emailed them many times. If they say that i can confirm that ur partners application was processed on 15/10/10, surely that means a decision has been made. Now they keep saying that they hav no control on when the vac will contact applicant. I hav made formal complaint, contactd RALON, but just feel nothing is being done abt it. All i can do is wait now.

Thay hav said to me that they may not reply to any more of my emails in regard to my partners application.. Wt sort of service is this..im reali worried now :(

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:59 am

This is the first email they sent me

Dear xxxxxx

Thank you for your email. All settlement applications are lodged in Pakistan and processed in the UK.  I have checked on the status of your application and can confirm that your application was processed on 15th Oct 2010.

The VAC will be contacting you shortly when your paperwork is ready for collection. Please do not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

Regards

UK Visa Section

This is the second email they sent me

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for your email the contents of which have been noted. As explained in our email sent to you on 21/10/2010 your husband's application was processed on 15th Oct 2010.

Please note that UKBA does not charge fees outside of that which is charged with the visa application. The VAC will be contacting your husband shortly when the paperwork is ready for collection. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a time scale for how long the VAC will take in processing the paperwork. Please do not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team

And this is the last email they sent me

Dear xxxxxx

Thank you for your, email the contents of which have been noted and are receiving attention. As stated in our previous email sent to you on 21st and 27th Oct your husband's application is being processed by our colleagues in Islamabad.

Thank you for informing us about your concerns regarding your husband's visa application. We have also contacted RALON and are making internal investigations regarding the incident you have reported to us. Please can you note that we are not able to discuss what enquiries we are making regarding this.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a time scale for how long the VAC will take in processing the paperwork. As explained in our previous email please can you allow time for the VAC to process the paperwork and not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

In order for us to provide a better service to all of our customers, you may not receive a reply to any further enquiries about the progress of your husband's application.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:05 am

From these emails wud u assume that a decision has been made?

The first and second email show that they hav confirmed it was processed.
The last email states that it is being processed.

Its so confusing!

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:06 am

shazaz wrote:This is the first email they sent me

Dear xxxxxx

Thank you for your email. All settlement applications are lodged in Pakistan and processed in the UK.  I have checked on the status of your application and can confirm that your application was processed on 15th Oct 2010.

The VAC will be contacting you shortly when your paperwork is ready for collection. Please do not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

Regards

UK Visa Section

This is the second email they sent me

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for your email the contents of which have been noted. As explained in our email sent to you on 21/10/2010 your husband's application was processed on 15th Oct 2010.

Please note that UKBA does not charge fees outside of that which is charged with the visa application. The VAC will be contacting your husband shortly when the paperwork is ready for collection. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a time scale for how long the VAC will take in processing the paperwork. Please do not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team

And this is the last email they sent me

Dear xxxxxx

Thank you for your, email the contents of which have been noted and are receiving attention. As stated in our previous email sent to you on 21st and 27th Oct your husband's application is being processed by our colleagues in Islamabad.

Thank you for informing us about your concerns regarding your husband's visa application. We have also contacted RALON and are making internal investigations regarding the incident you have reported to us. Please can you note that we are not able to discuss what enquiries we are making regarding this.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a time scale for how long the VAC will take in processing the paperwork. As explained in our previous email please can you allow time for the VAC to process the paperwork and not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

In order for us to provide a better service to all of our customers, you may not receive a reply to any further enquiries about the progress of your husband's application.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

from the e-mail its clear that its been processed so a decison as been made, so clearly ISB cant do any further check , there is no point once a decison as been made.

In third e-amil they are basically saying its being processed in the sense that they are getting your doc ready for collection not that its still under process.

Well dont worry its been 15 weeks now and i dont think they would be able to hold your docs much longer. You should be getting a positive reply soon inshallah

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:24 am

yasmin786 wrote:heys guys to let u knw i hav sent my husbands appeal off so plz all do dua that every thing is right.

Good luck hun and inshallah it will be good news, I do pray that you don’t have to wait much longer and inshallah your husband is granted the visa, you are in my duas.

All the best :)
Submitted Mirpur: 25/06/2010
Under process at BHC: 16/07/2010
Decision Made: 06/09/2010
Ready for Collection: 14/10/2010
Passport collected = VISA: 15/10/2010

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:33 am

Shazaz your husband' application has been processed as they have advised you of the date it was processed, and i doubt it they need to do anymore checks at BHC as decision has already been made. What they will be doing in BHC is just getting your docs ready for collection, they will not need to do any further checks, however i can understand your confusion from the emails received. When i was emailing UKHUB to find out when my husband can collect the passport they kept on saying to me that the VAC will contact us and they cannot advise how long they will take, they also said to me that they may not reply to any further emails from me, like you i was very fustrated with the responses and felt like there was nothing i could do. But mashallah on the 16th week the status changed to ready for collection, so hang in there hun as i don't think it will be much longer. Inshallah the wait will be worth it - good luck :)
Last edited by Zahida on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Submitted Mirpur: 25/06/2010
Under process at BHC: 16/07/2010
Decision Made: 06/09/2010
Ready for Collection: 14/10/2010
Passport collected = VISA: 15/10/2010

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:38 am

Thanks Zeddy Zed for reassuring me, i was starting to think that bhc are processing the application now. So hopefully a decision has been made and I dont have to wait much longer.

I was going to email them again asking them to confirm whether it has been processed or still being processd, but dnt think theres any point now, dont want to annoy them!

Thanks again!

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:42 am

Zahida wrote:Shazaz your husband' application has been processed as they have advised you of the date it was processed, and i doubt it they need to do anymore checks at BHC as decision has already been made. What they will be doing in BHC is just getting your docs ready for collection, they will not need to do any further checks, however i can understand your confusion from the emails received. When i was emailing UKHUB to find out when my husband can collect the passport they kept on saying to me that the VAC will contact us and they cannot advise how long they will take, they also said to me that they may not reply to any further emails from me, like you i was very fustrated with the responses and felt like there was nothing i could do. But mashallah on the 16th week the status changed to ready for collection, so hang in there hun as i don't think it will be much longer. Inshallah the wait will be worth it - good luck :)

Thank u hun, yeh i know im trying to b patient but its just getting frustrating now.. But inshallah i hope it wil b gud news!

hoeny123
Newly Registered

Post by hoeny123 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:51 pm

imranh wrote:
hoeny123 wrote:
khan786 wrote:
hoeny123 wrote:
Well i am quite freshy as compare to you guys as my wife applied only three weeks ago.... :)

Is there anyone else who applied in october ??
Yes i applied in october too.. wait is killing me.

Also if they contact employers how long after submitting application do they contact, because i want to start another job at end of year in january.
Khan, I note your application status from the correspondence and wondering how come your status got changed to visa under process so early.... I applied just over three weeks ago and it still says forwarded to islamabad oc....bit confused on whats going on :?

Also it seems like we are in the same boat as i too may have to change my employer by the start of next year and still don't know what to do....some fellows from this forum suggested to inform them through email about this change of employer....now don't know if it is right to do ??? whats your opinion on that ???
if you are going to change jobs within 12-16 weeks from your submitted application date then i would definitely notify them by sending to their croydon office new employment detail letters. Before doing that though I would email them to notify them and they should advise you what to do (i.e. send new emmployment details).

This is what I did and insha allah it should not be a problem
Imran, pls could you advise a bit more about how did you deal with your change of employer....what exactly you asked them in the first email and what they replied.....also what information/documents did they ask you to send them in order to satisfy them about change of employer...

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:41 pm

i emailed the uk visa section about the fact that i was changing jobs on 18/10/10 and my wife applied 30/08/10. they replied stating that i should provide p45, employment letters, bank statements showing wage going in, wage slips. i replied by stating i can only provide employment letters and p45 as i wont get paid till mid november (first monthly pay). they then replied by stating provide any documents which would help the officer decide your case and if they need more info they may contact you.
i sent the docs to the address they provided in croydon. i then sent a follow up to check whether they have received my docs but they replied with the generic email.

thats my story then...check the posts in early/mid october aswell for good info.

is £23k-£27k enough in terms of salary and benefits??

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:48 pm

thanks zahida plz keep me in ur dua's inshallah he will get the visa......n dnt take long

take cre hun

hoeny123
Newly Registered

Post by hoeny123 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:17 pm

imranh wrote:i emailed the uk visa section about the fact that i was changing jobs on 18/10/10 and my wife applied 30/08/10. they replied stating that i should provide p45, employment letters, bank statements showing wage going in, wage slips. i replied by stating i can only provide employment letters and p45 as i wont get paid till mid november (first monthly pay). they then replied by stating provide any documents which would help the officer decide your case and if they need more info they may contact you.
i sent the docs to the address they provided in croydon. i then sent a follow up to check whether they have received my docs but they replied with the generic email.

thats my story then...check the posts in early/mid october aswell for good info.

is £23k-£27k enough in terms of salary and benefits??
Thanks imran for providing valuable informaiton onece again.

well my situation is that my wife applied about three weeks ago from lahore and unwillingly I have to change my employer. The company is just being closed down soon and the trading will be ceased by the end of this month and due to this there will be no one at the company to take any calls I feel which means that if i leave it like this and the ECO makes a call to confirm my employment refernce then the results could be disastrous. I am not worried about the job as I have already arranged another job and may have to start sometime in the begining of next month but i am more worried now what to do..... but the info you have provided is quite helpful and make quite a good sense...i can surely provide them all the documents like p45, new job offer letter, new employment contract, payslips, new bank statements showing wages from new employer, a letter from my current employer stating they are ceasing trading etc....but the most concerning thing in your reply is whether they would be able to link these new documents with the application. I have asked UKHUB in the email about it and they replied that they cannot gurantee that the documents would be linked to the application due to the enormous amount of paper they receive.....which is a bit worrying for me now :?

regarding your question whether 23k-27k is enough, i think its more than enough because all they like to see is whether you are working and earning enough to meet your expenses and would not recourse to public funds....