ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maphubs
Newly Registered

Congratulations

Post by maphubs » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:20 am

Would you mind telling me your birth citizenship country. This sometimes define how long it will take to process.

lloyd wrote:SET (LR)
6yrs student visa + 3yrs DLR and another 1 year into new 3 year DLR

App Sent - 14 Aug
App Recieved - 15th Aug
Bio recieved and completed -27th Aug
Approval Recieved - 17th Oct
Bio Recieved - waiting

I would say it was a straightforward application. less than 200 days absence within the 10years.

I pray and hope that the rest of you waiting will recieve yours soon.

Someone be kind enough to please add to skydrive. Thanks

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:06 am

Hello Folks,

I have been a silent reader in this forum for some time and I must say it is an invaluable source of information and comfort for those who have applied or those who are in the process of doing so.

I am about to send my 10years (8.5 years student + 1.5 year PSW) long residence ILR application this week. I have a few question I was wondering if some senior members or gurus can answer them please.

1) I am paying the application fee by bankers draft, I got it drafted by HSBC last week. On the payment form after I tick the appropriate box for paying by draft, it then forwards me to these Questions:

A7( Account Number)-------A8(Sort Code) --------A9(Cheque Number)

In these questions, am I supposed to put the account number, sort code and cheque number that is on the draft or is it my own bank account number that I should put down here? I only chose bankers draft as opposed to card as this is a guaranteed payment option.

2) My previous BRP which contained my Tier 4 leave to remain was retained by UKBA as my application for current leave to remain was granted after my previous one had expired. I have a scanned copy of the previous BRP and the home office letter of approval for the current leave to remain which clearly states that they have retained the previous BRP as it is no longer valid. Does it seem sensible to enclose these with the application and explain on the covering letter?

3) I am sending the following documents in support of my application:

i) All previous passport covering the previous 10 years leave to remain (except for the previous leave to remain which was on a BRP and was retained by UKBA).

ii) Current BRP

ii) Approval letter from HO

iii) 2 x passport photos

iv) Life in the UK pass notification.

Is this right set of documents that I should send? Should I be sending other documents too? I know they only require all previous passports and current BRP and if either aren't available then they ask for a whole list of other documents like the doctors letter, P60, council tax etc.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read through this long post. I really appreciate the effort.

Best Wishes,
Gryphon
Gryphon

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:10 am

App Sent - 14 Aug
App Recieved - 15th Aug
Bio Recieved - waiting

I would say it was a straightforward application. less than 200 days absence within the 10years.

Congrats lloyd,
Can you please share what documents you sent? Thanks in advance.

Soban

Post by Soban » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:33 pm

@gryphon

1) The sort code and acc number would be the ones given on the cheque

2) HO will have record of all your previous BRPs. Therefore it isn't essential for you to include a photocopy

3) The docs listed by you should be sufficient. But if you want to, you can send last few months bank statements and payslips. They aren't mandatory though
--

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:01 pm

I sent my application for ilr 10 years on the 28th of sept and received acknowledgement letter dated 2nd of oct. But I haven't received invitation letter for biometrics. I had my previous bio in Sept last year when I applied for extension. Some body told me that biometrics r done only once and not every time. Thanks if any one can answer.

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:02 pm

I sent my application for ilr 10 years on the 28th of sept and received acknowledgement letter dated 2nd of oct. But I haven't received invitation letter for biometrics. I had my previous bio in Sept last year when I applied for extension. Some body told me that biometrics r done only once and not every time. Thanks if any one can answer.

Soban

Post by Soban » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:02 pm

sabidh12 wrote:I sent my application for ilr 10 years on the 28th of sept and received acknowledgement letter dated 2nd of oct. But I haven't received invitation letter for biometrics. I had my previous bio in Sept last year when I applied for extension. Some body told me that biometrics r done only once and not every time. Thanks if any one can answer.
You will get a biometric invitation soon. It has to be done with very application
--

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi

Thanks a lot Soban taking the time to reply.
Another quick question if I may ask, the questions asking about the BRP on page10, questions C7 to C10 are they asking about the BRP of current leave to remain or the previous leave for which the BRP has been retained by UKBA.

Can someone please help me with this. Please.

Gryphon

Soban wrote:@gryphon

2) HO will have record of all your previous BRPs. Therefore it isn't essential for you to include a photocopy

3) The docs listed by you should be sufficient. But if you want to, you can send last few months bank statements and payslips. They aren't mandatory though
Gryphon

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:03 pm

sabidh12 wrote:I sent my application for ilr 10 years on the 28th of sept and received acknowledgement letter dated 2nd of oct. But I haven't received invitation letter for biometrics. I had my previous bio in Sept last year when I applied for extension. Some body told me that biometrics r done only once and not every time. Thanks if any one can answer.
You will definitely give biometrics again for this application.

You should receive biometrics letter soon.

Sometimes it arrives longer, sometimes faster, about two weeks after application on average.

You have to give biometrics every time, not once.

Soban

Post by Soban » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:05 pm

gryphon wrote:Hi

Another quick question if I may ask, the questions asking about the BRP on page10, questions C7 to C10 are they asking about the BRP of current leave to remain or the previous leave for which the BRP has been retained by UKBA.

Gryphon

Think they are asking for the current one as there is an option which says " submitting it with this application"
--

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:16 pm

Thank you Soban & Maxwell for ur quick responses.
Last edited by sabidh12 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:17 pm

I thought so, but the heading for the section says:

"These questions will ask you for information about the Biometric residence permit (BRP) that have previously been issued to you. If you have lost or had a BRP stolen then you should have reported this to the Police."

Plus there is an option which says expired and returned to ukba. What do you reckon.

Any other thoughts from other members?
Soban wrote:
gryphon wrote:Hi

Gryphon

Think they are asking for the current one as there is an option which says " submitting it with this application"
Gryphon

Soban

Post by Soban » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:23 pm

@gryphon

I would say that they are asking about the most recent one
--

lloyd
Newly Registered

Re: Congratulations

Post by lloyd » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:57 pm

Ghanian....Not sure if nationality makes any difference
maphubs wrote:Would you mind telling me your birth citizenship country. This sometimes define how long it will take to process.

App Sent - 14 Aug
App Recieved - 15th Aug
Bio Recieved - waiting

lloyd
Newly Registered

Post by lloyd » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:03 pm

Followed the form guidiance. ..
Old and current passports with photocopies of data page and previous visa page
life in uk test..did not photocopy
previous biometric card and photocopy
raholptl wrote:

App Sent - 14 Aug
App Recieved - 15th Aug
Bio Recieved - waiting

Congrats lloyd,

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:14 pm

I would say that they are asking about the most recent one
Thanks Soban :)
Gryphon

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:37 pm

raholptl wrote:

App Sent - 14 Aug
App Recieved - 15th Aug
Bio Recieved - waiting

Congrats lloyd,
Thanks lloyd, you said you were on DLR for 3 yrars. What is DLR? Thanks in advance.

khizarm
Pakistan

Post by khizarm » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I just sent my application for ILR using SET (LR) forms:

Application Sent: 17/09/2013
Payment Method: Credit Card
Acknowledgement letter: 19/08/2013
Biometrics letter received: 11/10/2013 dated 07/10/2013
Biometrics enrolled: 11/10/2013
Approved Date (On Letter): TBC
Passport/Approval Letter Received: TBC
Biometric Card Received: TBC

Documents Sent:
Passports (x3).
Life in the UK Test Result.
Payslips.
bank statement with bank letter showing current balance with opening date of account.
current bills.
covering letter.

My route to 10 years residence is 5 years student visa + 2 years PSW + 2 years Tier 1 (General) + 3 years Tier 1 ( General expire 10/10/2015). All I sent in the post was three passports, with visas and residence permit spanning last 10 years.

kadd
Newly Registered

Status for my new born

Post by kadd » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:55 am

I recently received my ILR(10 Year Rule),on the 16/October/2013----But I also got a daughter born on the 25/September/2013.
The mum to this new born is still trying to sort her papers with the Home Office,as of current.
My Question to the Guru's of this helpful forum is---Can I now, apply for British Citizenship for this new born ????----I have read on the forum about form MN1,but I got slightly confused.
Any one with such knowledge can advise !!

For those waiting for their ILR(10 Year rule)---I can only say that,I had a torturing and painful wait,without work, for 5 months and 3 days----My application to me, didn't seem straight forward either---as I mentioned earlier in my previous post.

When my visa got refused in August 2009--I lost both appeals in the lower and upper tribunal---partly because I represented myself---I later got a lawyer involved---And just one letter, to the Home Office,threatening more legal action,by way of a judicial review--- then did, the Home Office concede defeat----But, I had to wait for 1 year and 4 months, to get my leave extended.

Later,whilst applying for ILR---this period came back to haunt me,in a form and shape of a ''Gap''---a Gap many thought was too long,way off the mark---I even believed it,that my chances of an ILR under 10 year window was next to impossible.

The contrast was my friends,I felt also that, this so-called ''Gap'' was not my fault,it was the Home Office to blame--they didn't consider all the evidence in front of them, in 2009 when my visa got rejected,They acted negligently, as they always do--Yet,we pay lots in fees

Though both Judges,dismissed my case,as I said earlier----in both tribunals,they agreed that,it was not the fault of a student studying, if a College or University lost it licence----And the Home Office should have given me 60 days to find another education provider---which clearly they didn't----They should have used their '''Discretion''' later on, when dealing with my application.

So--don't worry,you can still make it, to the final line---Explain to the Home Office what caused your ''Gap'' and may be,you will have a story similar to mine.

Lastly---If I had quit,when the Home Office refused my visa in 2009 and gone back to Uganda(As intended by the UKBA then),I would have lost out, on my ILR(10 year rule)
Keep fighting on,Don't give up---however painful the hour,however frustrating the moment-----Your destined to win
Last edited by kadd on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:08 am, edited 6 times in total.

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:38 am

DLR DISCRETIONARY LEAVE TO REMAIN

Soban

Post by Soban » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:46 am

zabizabi wrote:DLR DISCRETIONARY LEAVE TO REMAIN
What about it?
--

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:48 am

gryphon wrote:Hi Damanishallo

Just read some of your posts, I was wondering if you could help me clarify some matters on the application form for long residence ilr (Set LR).

I am paying the application fee by a bankers draft. Where it says on the form to put in the cheq no., acc no., sort code, do they mean put these details straight from the draft or is it the personal account?

From the draft.

Just needed to ask you about some questions on the application form. There are few questions on page 10 questions C7 to C10 where they ask about previous BRP's issued. Are they asking about the BRP with current leave to remain or are they asking about BRP's with previous leave to remain that may have expired?

Most recent

I'm sorry this sounds random that I'm asking you these questions. I'm only doing so as I saw some of your posts and you come across as someone who knows about these things. Really appreciate your effort reading this msg.

Gryphon
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Status for my new born

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:55 am

kadd wrote:I recently received my ILR(10 Year Rule),on the 16/October/2013----But I also got a daughter born on the 25/September/2013.
The mum to this new born is still trying to sort her papers with the Home Office,as of current.
My Question to the Guru's of this helpful forum is---Can I now, apply for British Citizenship for this new born ????----I have read on the forum about form MN1,but I got a slightly confused.
Any one with such knowledge can advise !!

Yes, MN1 is the right form. Had your baby born on or after 16/10/2013 she'd have been British by birth. Just out of curiosity, What date was your ILR issued (Not received date)?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

kim91v
Newly Registered

Permit recieved

Post by kim91v » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:05 am

Hi all. I have finally received my long-waited IRL permit. This is for 10 years with student visa.
I would like to share with you the timeline of the process.

Application sent: 13th May 2013
Biometrics Done: 28th May 2013
Passport received: 16th October 2013
IRL permit received: 19th October 2013

Thank you all for the supports.
And
Best of luck to all who is still waiting.

xshayaanx

updated on skydrive

Post by xshayaanx » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:13 am

raholptl wrote:

App Sent - 14 Aug
App Recieved - 15th Aug
Bio Recieved - waiting

Congrats lloyd,
Applied 17-12-13
Forwarded to BHC 03-01-14
Waiting...