ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rec212

Hey

Post by rec212 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:59 pm

@ everyone, thank you guys so much for your suggestions :)

1st of all I did not know that I could get the right of appeal with the removal notice. My visa runs out on the 12th of May so when am I supposed to get it?

2nd How long does the spouse visa application take? I do not want to overstay and consequently breach the immigration law...

Thank you.

cookies
Scotland

Re: Hey

Post by cookies » Fri May 03, 2013 5:01 pm

rec212 wrote:@ everyone, thank you guys so much for your suggestions :)

1st of all I did not know that I could get the right of appeal with the removal notice. My visa runs out on the 12th of May so when am I supposed to get it?

2nd How long does the spouse visa application take? I do not want to overstay and consequently breach the immigration law...

Thank you.
Ooh, I see, well I don't think you'll be getting a "removal letter" if your visa is still valid. :)

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri May 03, 2013 5:16 pm

@Prince...let's hope they give you the 3yrs instead of this 2.5yrs which I don't understand at all.

@Cookie...reckon u will be receiving a letter of confirmation from UKBA in 2 weeks time.All the best!

@Rec...so,are you going to apply for the spouse visa?All he best and please do keep us posted.

rec212

Post by rec212 » Fri May 03, 2013 5:33 pm

Guys, please try to answer these questions:

Do you get the right to appeal for sure in every removal notice? because I did not get one this morning with my document.

my solicitor said that I am supposed to receive it on Tuesday.

I do not know what to do now because I only have till the 12th of May to make flight arrangements :(

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Fri May 03, 2013 5:35 pm

cookies wrote:

Thank you.
Ooh, I see, well I don't think you'll be getting a "removal letter" if your visa is still valid. :)
As you are making your application whilst you have existing visa, you would get right of appeal.

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Fri May 03, 2013 5:36 pm

rec212 wrote:Guys, please try to answer these questions:

Do you get the right to appeal for sure in every removal notice? because I did not get one this morning with my document.

my solicitor said that I am supposed to receive it on Tuesday.

I do not know what to do now because I only have till the 12th of May to make flight arrangements :(
Hey Rec, sorry if I missed this, but what visa are you on now?

rec212

Post by rec212 » Fri May 03, 2013 6:30 pm

@ cookies, I am on a prospective student visa. it is expiring on the 12th of May. I have been refused FLR(O) today with no right to appeal. my solicitor said I should expect a removal notice on Tuesday which will include a right of appeal if I am lucky but it will probably not because I did not have a right to appeal in my refusal letter today so I am confused right now :(

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Fri May 03, 2013 6:35 pm

rec212 wrote:@ cookies, I am on a prospective student visa. it is expiring on the 12th of May. I have been refused FLR(O) today with no right to appeal. my solicitor said I should expect a removal notice on Tuesday which will include a right of appeal if I am lucky but it will probably not because I did not have a right to appeal in my refusal letter today so I am confused right now :(
Oh I see, what part of the flr(0) did you apply for? Did you use the Article 8 section of flr(o)?

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Fri May 03, 2013 6:36 pm

rec212 wrote:@ cookies, I am on a prospective student visa. it is expiring on the 12th of May. I have been refused FLR(O) today with no right to appeal. my solicitor said I should expect a removal notice on Tuesday which will include a right of appeal if I am lucky but it will probably not because I did not have a right to appeal in my refusal letter today so I am confused right now :(
Why does your solicitor think you will get removal notice on Tuesday ?

rec212

Post by rec212 » Fri May 03, 2013 6:36 pm

I have applied under article 8 which states the eligibility to have a private life in the UK

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Fri May 03, 2013 6:40 pm

rec212 wrote:I have applied under article 8 which states the eligibility to have a private life in the UK
If you applied under section 8 H, then I believe that's why you were refused, you need to prove that you've been living in the UK for 20 years. You should have applied under 8L (other purposes) :(

8H: Applications on the basis of private life - evidence of 20 years’ continuous residence.
If you are applying for an extension of stay after completing at least 20 years’ continuous residence in the
UK, in addition to the relevant documents in 8A, documents such as those listed below showing that
your stay here has been continuous for this period.

I hope you get the right to appeal! Did your solicitor help you with the application??? if so, I think it's time to get a new solicitor! please keep us posted!

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Fri May 03, 2013 6:47 pm

After 1 year wait . I was refused today . Basically , they say I didn't show enough evidence that I play any active role in my child's upbringing . I included a letter from a her school, doctor,relatives and her mum personally drafted a letter that i play an active role . I included photos of me and her from when she was a baby up till now ( 6 yrs old ) . The ukba demanded to see her original British passport and her mums British passport , 2 weeks ago which I sent!
All these wasn't enough to convince the bloody case worker , i was refused with no right to appeal !! My solicitor said he will surely appeal or will take the zambrano route . What to u guys think ?

rec212

Post by rec212 » Fri May 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Can you get the right to appeal even if you are not allowed?

it's strange.

rec212

Post by rec212 » Fri May 03, 2013 6:51 pm

Does all removal letters contain appeals? because i don't wanna wait for it and eventually get a letter without the appeal

MRLAOLU
Nigeria

Post by MRLAOLU » Fri May 03, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi Prince

I'm sorry about the passing of your mum. I wish you and the rest of your family the grace to bear the irreparable loss.

Concerning the appeal, I thought it is when you still have a valid LTR like Rec212 that they don't give appeal rights as you're not been sent out of the country as a result of the refusal. Do you know where I can find this fact. I'm just confused.

Thanks.
Prince74 wrote:
cookies wrote:

Thank you.
As you are making your application whilst you have existing visa, you would get right of appeal.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Fri May 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Hello everyone, I am a new member.

Date Applied/Docs sent: 2/10/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 31/10/12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 8/02/2012
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 14/02/2012
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Waiting
Date Biometrics received : Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(0)

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Fri May 03, 2013 7:04 pm

rec212 wrote:Does all removal letters contain appeals? because i don't wanna wait for it and eventually get a letter without the appeal

I think there is something that UKBA is ignoring in your case or may be you did not disclose the all fact to them. You have a visa which is running and before they send you a removal letter, they will have to revoke or allow that visa to run out. And I think, because of that visa, they should allow you to appeal.

Please get a second educated advice before you do anything.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Fri May 03, 2013 7:20 pm

Why lie wrote:After 1 year wait . I was refused today . Basically , they say I didn't show enough evidence that I play any active role in my child's upbringing . I included a letter from a her school, doctor,relatives and her mum personally drafted a letter that i play an active role . I included photos of me and her from when she was a baby up till now ( 6 yrs old ) . The ukba demanded to see her original British passport and her mums British passport , 2 weeks ago which I sent!
All these wasn't enough to convince the bloody case worker , i was refused with no right to appeal !! My solicitor said he will surely appeal or will take the zambrano route . What to u guys think ?
sorry to hear that why lie.
are you the biological father of your child ?
are you legally married ?
if you are the biological father why they ask about the upbringing of your child !

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Fri May 03, 2013 7:23 pm

justice12 wrote:
Why lie wrote:After 1 year wait . I was refused today . Basically , they say I didn't show enough evidence that I play any active role in my child's upbringing . I included a letter from a her school, doctor,relatives and her mum personally drafted a letter that i play an active role . I included photos of me and her from when she was a baby up till now ( 6 yrs old ) . The ukba demanded to see her original British passport and her mums British passport , 2 weeks ago which I sent!
if you are the biological father why they ask about the upbringing of your child !
Yes I'm the biological father . I don't know why . It just doesn't make no sense to me .

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Fri May 03, 2013 7:26 pm

.sorry for the refusal rec212.am sure you must have used the wrong form for yr flro application.i guess you applied for private life instead of family life and thats why ukba says on your refusal letter that you have not been in the country for at least 20 years. since you still have a valid visa,you are suppose to get a full right of appeal

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Fri May 03, 2013 7:33 pm

Why lie wrote:
justice12 wrote:
Yes I'm the biological father . I don't know why . It just doesn't make no sense to me .
sorry for the refusal why lie.have you got any criminal record and do you still live with your partner?

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Fri May 03, 2013 7:37 pm

)(
Last edited by justice12 on Fri May 03, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Fri May 03, 2013 7:44 pm

[quote/]Yes I'm the biological father . I don't know why . It just doesn't make no sense to me .[/quote]

wowww they are going to far with this now ! clearly the decisions makers are amateurs from the job center , anyway all this refusals will get back to them in the futures as another big backlog , that all they want we can do that is very easy .[/quote]

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Fri May 03, 2013 7:45 pm

justice12 wrote:]Yes I'm the biological father . I don't know why . It just doesn't make no sense to me .
wowww they are going to far with this now ! clearly the decisions makers are amateurs from the job center , anyway all this refusals will get back to them in the futures as another big backlog , that all they want we can do that is very easy .[/quote]

No I don't have no criminal record , never been involved with the police !

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Fri May 03, 2013 7:49 pm

Why lie wrote:
justice12 wrote:]Yes I'm the biological father . I don't know why . It just doesn't make no sense to me .
wowww they are going to far with this now ! clearly the decisions makers are amateurs from the job center , anyway all this refusals will get back to them in the futures as another big backlog , that all they want we can do that is very easy .

No I don't have no criminal record , never been involved with the police ![/quote]are you still together with your spouse?