ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Majy05

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Majy05 » Mon May 05, 2014 3:45 pm

How long do they reply once they have received further documents, is it about 2 months....alot of people get there visas asap...

Nadizee

Post by Nadizee » Mon May 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Majy05 wrote:How long do they reply once they have received further documents, is it about 2 months....alot of people get there visas asap...
Yes if u know let me know as well,,,as I hav to send some document next couple of week,,,,,hope it's work and I gt Rply ASAP,,,,,,

muskaan1987

Post by muskaan1987 » Mon May 05, 2014 4:31 pm

muskaan1987 wrote:hi all

we recieved letter today

saying our application is on hold

however all the documents u sent have been accepted

but the tax paid is only for 13k

if you have any other documents that support that u earn 19k then send in 21 days

my Q

does this mean i just need to send the hmrc tax paid letter (which i paid after i submited the application ) ?

because i did not have it when i submited the application.

or do i need the accounted to make all the last 6 month accounts for the tax paid?

applied 30/10/13
under process 12.11.2013

on hold april 30 2014

thankyou for anyones help and in put
looks like alot of us people on this forum are on the same boat

they want additional documents

Nadizee

Post by Nadizee » Mon May 05, 2014 4:35 pm

muskaan1987 wrote:
muskaan1987 wrote:hi all

we recieved letter today

saying our application is on hold

however all the documents u sent have been accepted

but the tax paid is only for 13k

if you have any other documents that support that u earn 19k then send in 21 days

my Q

does this mean i just need to send the hmrc tax paid letter (which i paid after i submited the application ) ?

because i did not have it when i submited the application.

or do i need the accounted to make all the last 6 month accounts for the tax paid?

applied 30/10/13
under process 12.11.2013

on hold april 30 2014

thankyou for anyones help and in put
looks like alot of us people on this forum are on the same boat

they want additional documents
YeAh u right.... Hope that decision come out ASAP,,,,,,,loads of people suffering ,,,,don,t know y they r playing with our life...

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon May 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Muskaan1987, send them documents which show you earn 19k. If you have paid tax on the £19k you've earned, and can prove this, then send them this. They may accept it because you were earning £19k at the time of application, it's just you did not have the letter to show this, which is now available to show. So I would send them it. The worst that can happen is they may not accept it.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon May 05, 2014 5:18 pm

abdulraheem123 wrote:
musriz wrote:
abdulraheem123 wrote:has anyone on here applied for the spouse visa about a week or two after the marriage while your still in Pakistan?
Yes I applied within the same week of our marriage.
I did attach a covering letter from myself explaining I am applying very early after my marriage as I will be in Pakistan for 1 month and am hopeful that this case will be dealt with quickly so I can take my spouse back with me, without any gaps in us living together after our marriage. However, I must say I had substanstial evidence of our communication prior to our marriage. Quite a few months of daily skype calls, telephone calls and emails. Not just between me and my spouse but between him and my parents too.
Thanks for the advice about stating on the application form that I will be waiting for the application to be accepted before i go back to uk. I will do that myself

Please note, I had 1 month paid leave from my employers. So my stay in Pakistan did not affect my income. I included a letter from my employers clarifying my holidays and that they were paid holidays.
If you plan on staying for a long time make sure it will not affect your income.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Mon May 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Thanks musriz,

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Mon May 05, 2014 5:46 pm

does anyone know how long you may have to wait when you book the appointment to go hand in your application at the visa center?

shah1991

Post by shah1991 » Mon May 05, 2014 6:00 pm

Hello,

Has any one applied as self employed for settlement visa. Every one is allowed £8000 none taxable profit personal allowances as self employed would that count towards financial requirement or you would have to earn earn 18600 excluding the personal allowance.

Please reply if you have applied as self employed.

Thanks

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Mon May 05, 2014 6:08 pm

shah1991 wrote:Hello,

Has any one applied as self employed for settlement visa. Every one is allowed £8000 none taxable profit personal allowances as self employed would that count towards financial requirement or you would have to earn earn 18600 excluding the personal allowance.

Thanks
Yes.
your personal tax free allowance as self employed would count towards the financial requirement of 18600.
i am applying as cat F also, and thats what my accountant has done for me

muskaan1987

Post by muskaan1987 » Mon May 05, 2014 6:58 pm

abdulraheem123 wrote:

Thanks
Yes.
your personal tax free allowance as self employed would count towards the financial requirement of 18600.
this is wiered

my eco has calculated my tax wrong then

because my accounted has shown i earn 20k and i paid 1400 tax on it
and another 700 in january

but i have been put on hold

muskaan1987

Post by muskaan1987 » Mon May 05, 2014 6:59 pm

and rest of my documents have been accepted

it was only the tax issue they have

stuoid eco

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:04 pm

muskaan1987 wrote: this is wiered

paying 2100 tax on 20k seems about right,
everyone has a personnel tax free allowance, whether you are employed or self-employed

shah1991

Post by shah1991 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:13 pm

muskaan1987 wrote:
abdulraheem123 wrote:

Thanks
Yes.
this is wiered

I paid £4452.42 tax on £15k plus my personal allowance of £8k which makes my total income of upto £23k and i am on hold.
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (53.67 KiB) Viewed 1005 times

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:17 pm

shah1991 when there requested extra info, what did there ask for?

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:23 pm

Has anyone on here applied for a divorce in the kashmir court on here?
i need to know how long it can take and what steps to take?

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Mon May 05, 2014 7:58 pm

abdulraheem123 wrote:Has anyone on here applied for a divorce in the kashmir court on here?
Last edited by zeeh on Mon May 05, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Mon May 05, 2014 7:59 pm

[quote="zeeh"][quote="abdulraheem123"]Has anyone on here applied for a divorce in the kashmir court on here?
Last edited by zeeh on Mon May 05, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Mon May 05, 2014 7:59 pm

zeeh wrote:
zeeh wrote:
abdulraheem123 wrote:Has anyone on here applied for a divorce in the kashmir court on here?
Mian Biwi Razi Te ki Kare Ga Qazi

It can be finish in week. or years

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon May 05, 2014 8:22 pm

abdulraheem123 wrote:does anyone know how long you may have to wait when you book the appointment to go hand in your application at the visa center?
I submitted my online application on the 13th Jan.
I was given an appointment to hand in my documents on the 17th Jan.
Hope this helps.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon May 05, 2014 8:29 pm

There is a divorce procedure through the Union Council in Pakistan. It takes 90 days.
Please understand the law in Pakistan and Azad Kasmir are different and UKVI are aware of both laws.
It all depends where both people are living at the time of divorce. If both are present in AK then they accept the verbal and written divorce through the Mirpur Union Council.
If either one are in UK then unfortunately they will only accept the UK divorce via courts here.
You will have go through the union council where that marriage was registered and get a divorce certificate through them.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Mon May 05, 2014 10:12 pm

musriz wrote:
There is a divorce procedure through the Union Council in Pakistan. It takes 90 days.
Please understand the law in Pakistan and Azad Kasmir are different and UKVI are aware of both laws.
It all depends where both people are living at the time of divorce. If both are present in AK then they accept the verbal and written divorce through the Mirpur Union Council.
If either one are in UK then unfortunately they will only accept the UK divorce via courts here.
You will have go through the union council where that marriage was registered and get a divorce certificate through them.
law in Pakistan and Azad Kasmir are different. didn't know that :roll: but in Pakistan you don't need 90 days if both parties are agreed................... got money no problems.

fn286

Post by fn286 » Mon May 05, 2014 11:21 pm

muskaan1987 wrote:and rest of my documents have been accepted

it was only the tax issue they have

stuoid eco
Dear Muskaan1987

How BHC found out about your tax was paid on 13K? did you submit any HMRC letters?

I know BHC have authority to check directly with HMRC UK and they do quite often these days...they do reject cases on the basis of current situation...if someone submitted application months ago and then lost the job or business and if BHC checked with HMRC, they will reject the application as no longer employed...this is my understanding... I always suggest attaching HMRC letters instead of just p60...

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon May 05, 2014 11:38 pm

zeeh wrote:
musriz wrote:
law in Pakistan and Azad Kasmir are different. didn't know that :roll: but in Pakistan you don't need 90 days if both parties are agreed................... got money no problems.

All the information regarding what type of divorce UKVI will accept is all on their website. It has to be according to the law of the country you are. Pakistan divorce law is according to the Muslim Family Law Ordinance 1961 which clearly states divorce procedure through an arbitration council via Union Council. AK do not have this same law.
I read about it on the UKVI website.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Tue May 06, 2014 12:37 am

musriz wrote:
i will be present in kashmir when i process the divorce through the courts,
this is what the guidelines says

"An overseas divorce will be recognised if:

* it is obtained by means of judicial or other proceedings in any country outside
the United Kingdom; and

* it is valid in that country; and

* either spouse was habitually resident in, or was a national of that country"

my ex-wife is habitually resident in that country and has never been to UK.

so my understanding is that as long as i go to kashmir and do the divorce there by "judicial or other proceedings" it should be accepted. there dont accept bare talaq divorce if i am domiciled in UK, it needs to be by "judicial proceedings"