ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:23 pm

Congrats to all those who have got their visas in the past few days. The wait is hard but you have to get used to it. I hope those who are applied in september don't get tangled with the christmas delays.
Last edited by ali2102 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaad

Post by shaad » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:38 pm

shazaz wrote:Im reali nervous bwt my partnr collecting the passport on monday..im reali scared..wnt to hear gud news!

Hi Shazaz,

I am sure he will get his visa, by judging what all has happened with you it seems apparent that it was issued already and this is why you had received this call.
All the best and inshallah all will be well.

tameena
Newly Registered

Post by tameena » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:27 pm

does anyone know if your visa gets granted after november would the spouse coming from pakistan have to take the english test to come into the country

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:39 pm

shaad wrote:
shazaz wrote:Im reali nervous bwt my partnr collecting the passport on monday..im reali scared..wnt to hear gud news!

Hi Shazaz,

I am sure he will get his visa, by judging what all has happened with you it seems apparent that it was issued already and this is why you had received this call.
Thnx shaad,
I reali hope it is good news..wil kp u all updated..aftr 9am here i shud hear something..partnr is also very nervous..

I did speak to the visa section bhc regarding the fonecall..she sed ur "application seems to b fine"..i was so nervous that i forgot to ask her what was the outcome..dnt think she wud hav told me ovr the fone anywy!

Just hav to wait til tmrw
Zar009- speak to bhc, our cases hav tkn far longer..inshallah praying for all those waiting.

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:42 pm

Shazaz gud look for tomorrow, Allah will bring us good news on Hajj day. And Insha Allah Zar2009 will hear good news also.

Nothing can change as the process is all over, either visa issued or rejected.
All I know is that Allah does everything for a reason.

Keep you updated.....
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm

K44MYY wrote:Shazaz gud look for tomorrow, Allah will bring us good news on Hajj day. And Insha Allah Zar2009 will hear good news also.

Nothing can change as the process is all over, either visa issued or rejected.
All I know is that Allah does everything for a reason.

Keep you updated.....

Thnx kammy..gud luck to u too. Inshallah wil b gud news!

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:43 pm

shazaz wrote:
shaad wrote:

Hi Shazaz,

Thnx shaad,
I reali hope it is good news..wil kp u all updated..aftr 9am here i shud hear something..partnr is also very nervous..

I did speak to the visa section bhc regarding the fonecall..she sed ur "application seems to b fine"..i was so nervous that i forgot to ask her what was the outcome..dnt think she wud hav told me ovr the fone anywy!

Zar009- speak to bhc, our cases hav tkn far longer..inshallah praying for all those waiting.
Salaam shazaz

very best of luck to both you and kaamyy. inshAllah it will be good news.

shazaz what is the number for the bhc and who do i speak to?
Spouse Settlement Visa (Islamabad)
26/07/10: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
25/10/10: Employer contacted

ImranOne

Post by ImranOne » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:35 pm

tameena wrote:does anyone know if your visa gets granted after november would the spouse coming from pakistan have to take the english test to come into the country
If you apply after the rule change (29 Nov) then u will have to take the test.

On your application status does it say under process at BHC or does it just say forwarded to islamabad oc?

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:49 pm

zar2009 wrote:
shazaz wrote:
shaad wrote:

Hi Shazaz,

Thnx shaad,

Salaam shazaz

shazaz what is the number for the bhc and who do i speak to?
Salaam zar009

Thank u..im really nervous..its reali stresful..but inshallah i hope its good news

The telephone numbr is 00 92 51 201 2000 …thats the switchboard..i asked to b put through to the visa section..spoke to a lady who checked for me and called me back saying ur application is fine status will change within 1,2 days..so seemed like that fake call to my partner held our documents, as he did say application had been deferred.

Worth giving them a call, wish i called them earlier.
Anyhow ur status wil inshallah change within few days..

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:36 pm

Zar009- [/quote]

Salaam shazaz

shazaz what is the number for the bhc and who do i speak to?[/quote]

Thanks Zar2009, I really hope insha Allah your status changes. Seems like they changing a few at end of 16th week.

You can only collect after 2pm? so Insha Allah by lunch time I should have an answer.
Hope Hajj day brings us good luck and for yourself, make sure you email them and ring them. Send a proper email to them when they reply to you with a standard email.
Read my email I sent them below:
K44MYY

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:49 pm

I sent this email first:

Dear Sir/Madam
I applied for a settlement visa for my wife on xx/xx/2010 and I am awaiting the outcome on the application. I was advised to e-mail after 12 weeks for an update on the case. It has now been over 16 weeks and as yet I have not heard anything, nor has my wife been contacted in regards to collecting her passport.
I have been on online and the status just shows: Status Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on xx/xx/2010

Please could you tell me if a decision has been made, if and when, and the outcome?

Details are below

Kind Regards

Mr xxxxx xxxxxxx

Passport No. : xxxxxxxx
Online Ref No. : QML/xxxxxx/0xxxx/x
Name : xxxxxxxx xxxxx
DOB: xx/xx/xxxx
Sponsor's name: xxxxxx xxxxxx
Sponsor' Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxx , UNITED KINGDOM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the reply I got from them a few hours later: as you can read a generic response.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. Details regarding processing times can be found on Gerry’s website www.ukvacpk.com under ‘Guide to processing times. The advertised processing time for settlement applications is 12 weeks from the date of application however unfortunately they are currently taking longer than 12 weeks to process - further details are available on Gerrys website. We do apologise for any inconvienience caused.

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team

Straight away I was fuming, angry, annoyed, cheesed off. So what I went and did was replied and cc other email address with the following response:

===============================================
To Visa Section Team,

Thank you for your reply. This generic email does not answer my question. I received this email on the 12th week of my application and now I’m receiving the same response.
According to John Vine CBE QPM, Independent Chief Inspector of the UK Border Agency I should have received a more tailored response. In his report:

An inspection of the UK
Visa Section: Pakistan
settlement applications
January – April 2010

http://icinspector.independent.gov.uk/w ... ations.pdf

According to this study section 7.22 (page36)

“Local management told us the email inbox was the main source of correspondence into the UK
Visa Section. They added Entry Clearance Assistants were responsible for monitoring this inbox and
deciding whether the correspondence was an enquiry or a complaint. If they treated the enquiry as
correspondence (typically for enquires where the application had not reached the 12-week customer
service standard), they would issue a reply using a standard template letter. If the enquiry related to
an application that had exceeded the 12-week customer service standard, they would issue a more
tailored response
â€
K44MYY

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:30 am

Salaaam

Just got up and its 6.29 precise, lol todays the day for me and Shazaz. kept a fast on day of 'Arafah', prayed my Fajr and spoke to Mrs as shes gonna be leaving in a short while.

I just pray to Allah it goes well, and its a good result. Just counting the last few hours :?

Keep you updated.....

Zar2009 want news from you today Insha Allah
K44MYY

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:40 am

K44MYY wrote:Salaaam

Just got up and its 6.29 precise, lol todays the day for me and Shazaz. kept a fast on day of 'Arafah', prayed my Fajr and spoke to Mrs as shes gonna be leaving in a short while.

I just pray to Allah it goes well, and its a good result. Just counting the last few hours :?

Keep you updated.....

Zar2009 want news from you today Insha Allah

Just got up too! Got butterflies..im so nervous..partner lives in lahore..so wont b travelling mch..
May b a silly question bt do u just check the passport in order to knw the outcome, or is there some sort of letter?

Best of luck to kammy n his mrs..inshallah we wil hav some good news in few hrs..it shouldnt tk too long to collect..i think i wil knw by 9.30-10am.

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:00 am

SHAZ: Just got up too! Got butterflies..im so nervous..partner lives in lahore..so wont b travelling mch..
May b a silly question bt do u just check the passport in order to knw the outcome, or is there some sort of letter?

Best of luck to kammy n his mrs..inshallah we wil hav some good news in few hrs..it shouldnt tk too long to collect..i think i wil knw by 9.30-10am.[/quote]

YEP have to check passport to see if stamped or not, they do have letter but when I was there in pakistan they were just ripping the packaging apart and checking their passports, come in like a grey/black bag. Smile indicates yes got it, lol and you know the rest.
The letter does state if app been rejected then they would have a report as to reason why?

been exactly 3 months, 3 weeks, 3 days, or I should say 116 days for this day to come been a hell of a journey waiting for the outcome. All I can say is May Allah bless us and unite us with our partners. Ameen
And may this blessed day bring us good news. Ameen

All the best.
K44MYY

Amo2012
United Kingdom

visa and appeal refusal

Post by Amo2012 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:16 am

hi all,
please visit the topic 'VISA and APPEAL REFUSAL' if any one of you have any experience, comments or reference to share........i will be grateful...

here is the link to save your time....

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=66589

thanks and regards.

minty

Re: visa and appeal refusal

Post by minty » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:48 am

ultragujar wrote:hi all,
please visit the topic 'VISA and APPEAL REFUSAL' if any one of you have any experience, comments or reference to share........i will be grateful...

here is the link to save your time....

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=66589

thanks and regards.
UltraGujjur

I have had discussions with a similar person to you on this immigration site last year. He was going through a similar position, ie refusal because he did not have a divorce absolute at the time of his second marriage in Pakistan. He used the Fiance route and was successfull as can be seen on the forum.

His Nick is psychopomp1. You can view all his posts on the forum by doing a search on his name. I also have his email address somewhere, so if you can contact me privately somehow I can pass it on.

There is a link below to one of the threads, follow it through and as you can see his wife Alhmd did get the Fiance visa and did come to the UK

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#218252

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:48 am

Alhamdullilah

Visa granted!!!!

Im so happyyy!

Best of luck kammy

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:52 am

shazaz wrote:Alhamdullilah

Visa granted!!!!

Im so happyyy!

Best of luck kammy
Oh wow mashAllah. congratulations!!!!!!!!

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:50 am

zar2009 wrote:

Visa granted!!!!

Im so happyyy!

Best of luck kammy
masha Allah.congarats, what date did it have on it plus the visa stamp what did it have on it.
im still waitin to hear from Mrs
K44MYY

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:48 am

Visa granted!!!!

Im so happyyy!

Best of luck kammy
Congratulations hun, that is excellent news, mashallah your wait has paid off :D
Submitted Mirpur: 25/06/2010
Under process at BHC: 16/07/2010
Decision Made: 06/09/2010
Ready for Collection: 14/10/2010
Passport collected = VISA: 15/10/2010

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:03 pm

Thnk u so much

I cant believ it..partnr has to hav tb done again
Was stamped 16oct, meaning that man that had called partner had held our documents..

Aftr how long does he hav to travl within?

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:06 pm

shazaz wrote:Thnk u so much

I cant believ it..partnr has to hav tb done again
Was stamped 16oct, meaning that man that had called partner had held our documents..

Aftr how long does he hav to travl within?
Aw no, that's not fair, especially seeing as documents were held. He has to travel within 3 months, but it doesn't take long to get TB test done so shouldn't be a problem.

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:07 pm

Alhamdulillah my husband has now been here for over a week, came on last Friday. I still can’t believe it he is actually here after all that waiting and worrying, it was one of the most stressful times of my life, but mashallah it definitely was worth it.

Anyway he didn’t have any problems at the airport and wasn’t asked to show his TB certificate. The only thing he had to do was fill in a little slip on the plane confirming some contact details including a UK address, but I believe anyone with a Pakistani passport has to do this.

Good luck to those waiting particularly Kammy and Zar2009, inshallah it will be good news :)

minty

Post by minty » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:57 pm

sammad. Does ur tracking number have isb as a prefix or something else?

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:04 pm

K44MYY wrote:
zar2009 wrote:

Visa granted!!!!

Im so happyyy!

Best of luck kammy
masha Allah.congarats, what date did it have on it plus the visa stamp what did it have on it.
im still waitin to hear from Mrs
Any news????