ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Al Haqq

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by Al Haqq » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:28 pm

@elastep
Thank you. very kind of you.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:30 pm

@dapsonlee, spot on. you have hit the nail on the head.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:55 am

Al Haqq wrote:@Rina
that is good, a step forward. Hopefully, they will be sensible.
@ Alhaqq thanks and I hope so too..
@ Dapo Thanks for the support my friend it is all up to the Almighty now.
@ Elastep Thanks hun just do not want this business of "withdraw your JR" and then you get duped in the end so to be honest only God knows now. Hardly think they will respond to the PAP given their record so will continue to pray and hope for the best.

Thanks guys.

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:21 am

@elastep,

Many thanks for the response. You've made it much clearer than how my Sol explained it.

God bless you hun :)

elastep wrote:
ThisYear wrote:Wow! @alhaq...I truly empathise with you. I guess there is a silver lining since this refusal generates a right of appeal.

Hopefully the amoebas will see reason when it gets to the tribunal. Keep the 'chin' up, your expectations will not be cut short.

Update on my JR, the HO requested for 21 days which ended yesterday with no feedback from them so my solicitor is saying the next step will be Oral hearing. HAs anyone been through this before and what should I be expecting?
@ThisYear
Your application for JR will first be determined on paper and if your application is refused, you can then pay £215 for Oral reconsideration hearing. If your solicitor is saying that the next step is Oral hearing this means that he/she opted straight for Oral hearing instead of paper hearing first.
If this is the case, you should receive a letter telling you of the hearing date and you should read it and follow the instruction on it. Make sure you have a barrister who will be representing as they know case law and can file a proper skeleton argument.
I hope this helps.
Stay blessed.
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:55 pm

@Al Haqq
After the second refusal, did the HO gave you right of appeal .And how long does it normally takes to get to the tribunal? God bless you all.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:55 am

9@ikeron,
Yes, after I withdrew the JR, they reconsidered, then refused which generated a right of appeal. I am still filling the appeal form as I can not afford a lawyer.

I do not know how long it takes. However, I believe not less than 3 months. Recently (December) 2 people filed for appeal, one did oral and the other did paper. The one that did the paper already has an appeal decision. while the one for oral is still waiting for a date. I hope this helps. Otherwise look at their website, this will give you an estimate of their turn over.

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:49 pm

Al Haqq wrote:9@ikeron,
Yes, after I withdrew the JR, they reconsidered, then refused which generated a right of appeal. I am still filling the appeal form as I can not afford a lawyer.

I do not know how long it takes. However, I believe not less than 3 months. Recently (December) 2 people filed for appeal, one did oral and the other did paper. The one that did the paper already has an appeal decision. while the one for oral is still waiting for a date. I hope this helps. Otherwise look at their website, this will give you an estimate of their turn over.
@Al Haqq
Thank you and God be with you.

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:53 pm

@Al Haqq
Thanks and God be with you.

winners

Post by winners » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:03 pm

@ Al Haqq

Could you please kindly clarify this for me.

What is the different btw JR and Right of Appeal?

Anyone can also clarifies it for me too please

Many thanks
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:20 pm

@ winners
The HO will give you a right of appeal (to appeal against their decision)in cases where you have a valid leave to remain. and the this type of case is handles by the immigrations tribunal.

However, Judicial Review is the one you use when a govt. body has made a wrong decision, not taken the right steps e.t.c

I am sure there are other technicalities .

But I guess in terms of us. As an immigrant applying to HO you tend to use JR when you have no right of appeal.

I hope I have not confused you more. :?

winners

Post by winners » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:40 pm

Al Haqq wrote:@ winners
The HO will give you a right of appeal (to appeal against their decision)in cases where you have a valid leave to remain. and the this type of case is handles by the immigrations tribunal.

However, Judicial Review is the one you use when a govt. body has made a wrong decision, not taken the right steps e.t.c

I am sure there are other technicalities .

But I guess in terms of us. As an immigrant applying to HO you tend to use JR when you have no right of appeal.

I hope I have not confused you more. :?
Really appreciate your clarification.

But in your case did you still have leave to remain when you apply for FLR(O) as you are given Right of Appeal?
Or is because of your children that were born in you UK?

Though i heard that child born UK should be given right of appeal even if their application is refused including their parent

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:45 pm

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentleman,

Hope you had a weekend and still soldiering on.May we find favour in the sight of God and in the sight of those who are handling our immigration cases in Jesus name.

@Nile....lol...hiya,hope u still keeping the faith despite amoeaba's dodgy tendencies.I reckon next month the HO will have more amoebarish rules in place...*rollseyes* and I rebuke them in Jesus name!

@Elastep...Hiya,ur prayers are much appreciated and may God bless you!

Have a blessed week eerbady and to the Usual Suspects...*waves*

@Rina...All the best with ur PAP and hope they reply you.As for me,they didn't bother to reply hence I sent a JR

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Keisha wrote:Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentleman,

Hope you had a weekend and still soldiering on.May we find favour in the sight of God and in the sight of those who are handling our immigration cases in Jesus name.

@Nile....lol...hiya,hope u still keeping the faith despite amoeaba's dodgy tendencies.I reckon next month the HO will have more amoebarish rules in place...*rollseyes* and I rebuke them in Jesus name!

@Elastep...Hiya,ur prayers are much appreciated and may God bless you!

Have a blessed week eerbady and to the Usual Suspects...*waves*

@Rina...All the best with ur PAP and hope they reply you.As for me,they didn't bother to reply hence I sent a JR

Hey miss Keisha,

My thank you for your prayers... They go a long way with the hope of getting a response soon and I pray that The Lord will meet you at your point of need resulting in a favorable outcome. The skelewu choreography is in practice mode lol.

Summer is almost here, last one left and still wAiting on a decision from initial application since January 2013. May the good lord help us all.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:12 pm

@winners initially when I applied for FLR (O) when the HO refused me they claimed I had overstayed so they did not give me right of appeal. It was the JR that created the right of appeal that I have now.

Thanks for the information about appeal for those born in the UK.

I hope this clarifies your question.

majojo

Post by majojo » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:31 am

To be honest I think it all depends on where u apply n favour I got refused in nov I sent my appeal first week in dec I got a date the following 2 weeks just that it's in August lol .

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:09 am

@majojo

thank you for the information.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:20 am

I hope I get my date on time too once I submit. Thanks

elastep

Post by elastep » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:29 am

Hello @All, I hope everyone is hanging in there, keeping the faith and praying.

Just an update. I don't know what is going on but my solicitor just called me to let me know that they have received a new hearing date for my second JR hearing. It will be on the 2 week of March. they have not received any kind of decision from the HO. So it baffles me that I have a new court date and frankly I'm happy as anything that speeds up my case, I will take as a positive thing.
May good things come our way and stay blessed.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:34 am

@Dapsonlee....Hiya,hope all is well with u.Keep on practising the skelewu choreography and by His grace will be doing it for aunty T May since your uncle Mark Harper took an early exit...lol.May God bless you with a breakthrough so to receive your visa!We shall prevail!

Who watched the Big Immigration Row last night on channel 4?Never got to watch it properly!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:49 am

Keisha wrote:@Dapsonlee....Hiya,hope all is well with u.Keep on practising the skelewu choreography and by His grace will be doing it for aunty T May since your uncle Mark Harper took an early exit...lol.May God bless you with a breakthrough so to receive your visa!We shall prevail!

Who watched the Big Immigration Row last night on channel 4?Never got to watch it properly!
Amen, Amen and Amen. And I pray your appeal falls through so we can at least have joyful summer. I have faith that we all will.

The debate on channel 4 was totally crazy with some appalling opinions. It goes to show that immigration itself is a topic that has both no head and a tail but an excellent market structure to score political point especially from what was shown from 1965 with trying to restrict people from coming in.

In my opinion in the modern day, if you want to be heard just take a shopping bag and head to the immigration market, piss people off, get blood boiling, turn people against one another to win people to your political side. So much dearly beloved remarks from that program which shows that this immigration stuff is way too complex and no one is really cutting the problem by the root but exiting the building for the next person to deal with the crap once they have satisfied the real kingpin behind the scenes.

majojo

Post by majojo » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:24 pm

Al Haqq wrote:@majojo

thank you for the information.
You are welcome. What's your story
Mine .. Cane 2011 in student visa applied in 2013 15 days before mu visa expired. My wife couldn't reach 18600 but when u combine mine n hers we did but it was only up 2 three months payslips we had. I was refused n told to go back home but with right if appeal . Appeared n given oral date in August . Amstillsllowed to wirk so still working full time but in temporary basis as I am no more in term MRI
E n I applied before my visa expired. My company have been soo supportive . Now combining my salary b wife's we exceed 18600 by the time I meet the judge so I hope the judge will consider my salary as that's the only way we exceed the salary thing. Only God.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:11 pm

elastep wrote:Hello @All, I hope everyone is hanging in there, keeping the faith and praying.

Just an update. I don't know what is going on but my solicitor just called me to let me know that they have received a new hearing date for my second JR hearing. It will be on the 2 week of March. they have not received any kind of decision from the HO. So it baffles me that I have a new court date and frankly I'm happy as anything that speeds up my case, I will take as a positive thing.
May good things come our way and stay blessed.
Waow! Congratulations in advance. Do not be baffled, this is a favour from God.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:17 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
Keisha wrote:@Dapsonlee....Hiya,hope all is well with u.Keep on practising the skelewu choreography and by His grace will be doing it for aunty T May since your uncle Mark Harper took an early exit...lol.May God bless you with a breakthrough so to receive your visa!We shall prevail!

Amen, Amen and Amen. And I pray your appeal falls through so we can at least have joyful summer. I have faith that we all will.

The debate on channel 4 was totally crazy with some appalling opinions. It goes to show that immigration itself is a topic that has both no head and a tail but an excellent market structure to score political point especially from what was shown from 1965 with trying to restrict people from coming in.

In my opinion in the modern day, if you want to be heard just take a shopping bag and head to the immigration market, piss people off, get blood boiling, turn people against one another to win people to your political side. So much dearly beloved remarks from that program which shows that this immigration stuff is way too complex and no one is really cutting the problem by the root but exiting the building for the next person to deal with the crap once they have satisfied the real kingpin behind the scenes.
TRUE TALK @ dapsonlee.
You have hit the nail on the head, it is a hot cake and it will sell to those people who have not been privileged to leave the four corners of the city they live in or even know how the British empire amassed her wealth. :x

Tom no engine
Newly Registered

Post by Tom no engine » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:39 am

Hello..Im an overstayer..I have a 8 yr old daughter with my first partner and a 1 yr old son with my current partner..my first partner has no status and so does my second.. we are both illegal.. I have a joint residential order for my daughter shared between me and my mother who has indefinite leave to remain..both my kids where born in the UK ..I applied for residency based on article 8 and the fact that my daughter has lived in the UK for 7 continuous years on the 23rd of Dec 2013..I also applied for a fee exemption due to my destitute situation since I am not able to work..I received a confirmation letter from UKBA dated 27/12/2013..I have not received anything else to date..it's been 2 months.. is this normal and in your opinion do I have a strong case to get some kind of leave? Thank you..I have to admit after surfing the net and reading this thread my hopes of getting a visa where crushed

winners

Post by winners » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:58 am

Tom no engine wrote:Hello..Im an overstayer..I have a 8 yr old daughter with my first partner and a 1 yr old son with my current partner..my first partner has no status and so does my second.. we are both illegal.. I have a joint residential order for my daughter shared between me and my mother who has indefinite leave to remain..both my kids where born in the UK ..I applied for residency based on article 8 and the fact that my daughter has lived in the UK for 7 continuous years on the 23rd of Dec 2013..I also applied for a fee exemption due to my destitute situation since I am not able to work..I received a confirmation letter from UKBA dated 27/12/2013..I have not received anything else to date..it's been 2 months.. is this normal and in your opinion do I have a strong case to get some kind of leave? Thank you..I have to admit after surfing the net and reading this thread my hopes of getting a visa where crushed
I would say you may be granted if you have sole responsibility over your child .because .Most people that were refused have joint responsibility with their child/children.

That is my opinion