ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mcss
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by mcss » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:11 pm

Thank you all for the sharing... Those last two weeks were really stressful... I hope everybody receive great news soon!!
Good luck to everybody!!

toto91

Post by toto91 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:22 pm

(applied 10 june, biometric on 27 june, CoA at about 13 July.

=> with the COA, does it give a right to work ? can i aply for a NI number ? (the coa mention something about you can work for 6 month...)

Why people ask for passport back if you are not traveling? (at least why asking passport before receiving a CoA ?)
what's the risk ?
what could happen, i mean it's not like they can deport when we have a right to stay, the worst is they reject an application but they have to give back the passport whatever happen, i guess.

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:11 am

toto91 wrote:(applied 10 june, biometric on 27 june, CoA at about 13 July.

=> with the COA, does it give a right to work ? can i aply for a NI number ? (the coa mention something about you can work for 6 month...)

Why people ask for passport back if you are not traveling? (at least why asking passport before receiving a CoA ?)
what's the risk ?
what could happen, i mean it's not like they can deport when we have a right to stay, the worst is they reject an application but they have to give back the passport whatever happen, i guess.
Toto, the COA in itself says whether or not you can accept job offers. The NI number will depend on whether or not you need to do it in person or not, but if you do it over mail, they will need a scan of your passport...but, like you say, employers can take you up to six months without one.

A far as the passport goes, I for one had to ask for it because the bank lost the original paperwork I sent in to open an account and needed ro re-submit.
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months:

darlynn
Newly Registered

Post by darlynn » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:43 pm

Hi, been reading the forum and saw many of you have requested the passports after COA received, just wondering if this will slow the process down or it does not really matter? we are having a baby soon and may need the passport for the register of birth. Thanks in advance

about my application - EEA FM - spouse RC
application sent 19 June 2015
application fee debited 23 June 2015
biometrics enrollment letter dated 24 June 2015
coa dated 14 July 2015

raja4
Newly Registered

Post by raja4 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:35 am

Hello every one
my question is with the persons who are waiting for rc.
after how many days of cao receiving HO start the
verification of job and other like visit to home or interview ect.

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:37 am

raja4 wrote:Hello every one
Raja, I am waiting for the RC...my COA was issued 31.03 and I am yet to receive a visit or any contact from the HO.

As far as verification of Job, what exactly do you mean?

raja4
Newly Registered

Post by raja4 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:46 pm

Mileman wrote:
Raja, I am waiting for the RC...my COA was issued 31.03 and I am yet to receive a visit or any contact from the HO.

You yet not receive a visit ?

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:14 pm

raja4 wrote:
Mileman wrote:

You yet not receive a visit ?
Raja, the visit is not universal, there are lots of people who receive their RC without receiving a visit.

I am guessing visits are more likely for recent marriages/relationships, or if they find something on the application that may need further research.

I think my application was pretty straightforward, but, you never know, I may receive a visit within the next couple of weeks...

Stones
Newly Registered

Post by Stones » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Raja4

Inbox me your name and DOB and I will ensure you get a visit as you appear to be asking for it.

Kind regards

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:13 pm

Hi Guys

I was away for a while.
How are the processing times atm? getting faster or slower?
when are april applicants expect their RCies?

Enlighten me guys:)

musassco
Newly Registered

Post by musassco » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:06 pm

Hello guys, finally gping to get my Rc :)
Timeline:
EEA2 app: 14/11/14
Received HO: 17/11/14
COA isseyd : 02/12/14, rec: 05/12/14
Since then I heard nothing till I contract my pm after
Going to 8 months.
I went to mp 26 of june 15 and I got letter from mp after 2 weeks saying she wrote them behalf of me and they should get
Back to me by 8weeks but God so good same day she wrote them I got home visit 10 of july which I guess they are making move for visiting as well. But unfortunately I was not at home when they came but they found my wife at home and my daughter. 3 officers came 2 women and 1men and they ask for me she said I was in friends house helping for paint and they check my baby dob and my cloths and pics on the phone. I think they all happy about it and spend 5mins and leaved so I was so worried till 17th mp send me the email they send her saying I was been issued on the 14th of july so therefore I should get my Rc in 10 days time .
So what I wanna say to ppl on here is never give up and Allah will make easy for you . As long you are are real couples:)
Waiting for rc now I got all my docs my lawyer called me now
Issued rc separately now

RC022015

Post by RC022015 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:27 pm

Hi,

Any news from late Feb applicants?
I am not sure why last week was slow...
Anyone got any response?

Pursuitofhappiness
Newly Registered

Post by Pursuitofhappiness » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:36 pm

RC022015 wrote:Hi,

Any news from late Feb applicants?
I am not sure why last week was slow...
Anyone got any response?
Not me :? it will be 5mnths in a couple of days..we just have to wait and see..

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:27 pm

bilirserdar wrote:Hi Guys

I was away for a while.

bili, last couple of weeks have definetely been rather slow, and the holiday season starting will not be one bit helpful.

jpa
Newly Registered

Post by jpa » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:32 am

Hi guys,

My wife sent his application on the 11 June.

So far we got the biometrics letter on the 22 June and we went to the post office on the 23.

We still haven't got the COA on the post. I was waiting for the COA before asking for the passports to be return, but since we are travelling on the 1st (I'm starting to lose hope tbh :lol:) we need the passports, and knowing it takes 10 days minimum I asked for them on the 13 July. So far no word from the Home Office regarding this.

Is this normal and can the passport request before COA affect the application? Should I call them next Monday (10 days after) if I got nothing this week?

Zedy
Newly Registered

Post by Zedy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:20 am

Hi!

I'm one of the late Feb applicants! I originally applied First week of January with the older form but I got declined. Apparently I don't have sufficient balance in my account which is odd because I'm for certain that I have money more than £55 and my wages are going straight in it. Another suspicious thing is that our Marriage certificate was ripped when they sent me back my documents on the second week of February. I suspect they just want me to use the new form for some reason nevertheless Here's my timeline:

Sent to HO: 24-02-15
COA received: 04-03-15 dated 02-03-15
Requested for Passports: 26-05-15
RC: God Knows
No Home visit
Married since Nov 2014 living together for almost 3 years.

On my second application, I asked my wife who is from EU to apply for Registration Certificate hoping that it will hasten our application. Obviously it's not the case. We changed our Home address last week of May. Few days later I called them if they updated our address and to ask how our application was. So our address was changed but they haven't started dealing with our application apparently. Last week my wife tried to call for update but they just said they can't tell her as we're still in the 6month frame. The funny thing is I have a pending permanent position in NHS because they can't employ me until I have the visa apparently HomeOffice told them that they can't accept any forms of letter(COA in my case) as form of working permit so they are waiting too. At the moment I'm employed as bank staff under NHS as well but different hospital beacuse COA is good enough for bank position I suppose. Last week, I was so hoping that visa will come that everyday I'm waiting for the post to arrive but no luck at all. Anyway I'm trying not to think about it now because I'm getting mental lol!

RC022015

Post by RC022015 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:33 am

Hi Zady,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Hopefully you're going to get the RC asap.

And I agree with you, the wait is horrendous.

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:42 am

Mileman wrote:

I was away for a while.

bili, last couple of weeks have definetely been rather slow, and the holiday season starting will not be one bit helpful.
Hi Mileman
I have called them today to confirm my address change.At the same time I wanted to ask about processing times, I have been told that applicants after mid march might take up to 7-8 months as they dont have enough officers and new app. forms.

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:03 am

bilirserdar wrote:
Mileman wrote:

I was away for a while.

Hi Mileman
I have called them today to confirm my address change.At the same time I wanted to ask about processing times, I have been told that applicants after mid march might take up to 7-8 months as they dont have enough officers and new app. forms.
Wow, that is a bucket of ice water I wasn´t expecting...7/8 months...which means we will all probably need to get new COA´s if we approach the 6 month line and God knows how long that may take.

Not a great way to start the day... :(

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:18 am

bili, last couple of weeks have definetely been rather slow, and the holiday season starting will not be one bit helpful.[/quote]

Hi Mileman
I have called them today to confirm my address change.At the same time I wanted to ask about processing times, I have been told that applicants after mid march might take up to 7-8 months as they dont have enough officers and new app. forms.[/quote]

Wow, that is a bucket of ice water I wasn´t expecting...7/8 months...which means we will all probably need to get new COA´s if we approach the 6 month line and God knows how long that may take.

Not a great way to start the day... :([/quote]
You know it might be trick to keep people like me away from telephone enquiries. You never know.
But I am sure it wont be 4-4,5 months as before due to holiday season. Very annoying.

Can you share your thoughts about how to go holidays with passport and coa within EU, as spain?

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:37 am

bilirserdar wrote:bili, last couple of weeks have definetely been rather slow, and the holiday season starting will not be one bit helpful.
Hi Mileman
I have called them today to confirm my address change.At the same time I wanted to ask about processing times, I have been told that applicants after mid march might take up to 7-8 months as they dont have enough officers and new app. forms.[/quote]

You know it might be trick to keep people like me away from telephone enquiries. You never know.
But I am sure it wont be 4-4,5 months as before due to holiday season. Very annoying.

Can you share your thoughts about how to go holidays with passport and coa within EU, as spain?[/quote]

Bili, as far as travel goes, I have heard all kinds of stories...apparently the safest way to travel is to have your Passport, your COA and ideally to be travelling with your EEA sponsor.

If you do it by yourself, maybe a marriage certificate or something of the sort may help!

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:30 pm

musassco wrote:Hello guys, finally gping to get my Rc :)
Timeline:
EEA2 app: 14/11/14
Received HO: 17/11/14
COA isseyd : 02/12/14, rec: 05/12/14
Since then I heard nothing till I contract my pm after
Going to 8 months.
I went to mp 26 of june 15 and I got letter from mp after 2 weeks saying she wrote them behalf of me and they should get
Back to me by 8weeks but God so good same day she wrote them I got home visit 10 of july which I guess they are making move for visiting as well. But unfortunately I was not at home when they came but they found my wife at home and my daughter. 3 officers came 2 women and 1men and they ask for me she said I was in friends house helping for paint and they check my baby dob and my cloths and pics on the phone. I think they all happy about it and spend 5mins and leaved so I was so worried till 17th mp send me the email they send her saying I was been issued on the 14th of july so therefore I should get my Rc in 10 days time .
So what I wanna say to ppl on here is never give up and Allah will make easy for you . As long you are are real couples:)
Waiting for rc now I got all my docs my lawyer called me now
Issued rc separately now
Congratulations musassco!! It must have been a very exhaustive waiting period for you :/
Could you be more specific about the home visit you had : what time was it ? How long did it last for ? And what questions did they ask ?
As im afraid neither me or my wife are at home during normal working hours ... :/
Application sent: 25.06
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:34 pm

Mileman wrote:
bilirserdar wrote:bili, last couple of weeks have definetely been rather slow, and the holiday season starting will not be one bit helpful.
Hi Mileman

Can you share your thoughts about how to go holidays with passport and coa within EU, as spain?[/quote]

Bili, as far as travel goes, I have heard all kinds of stories...apparently the safest way to travel is to have your Passport, your COA and ideally to be travelling with your EEA sponsor.

If you do it by yourself, maybe a marriage certificate or something of the sort may help![/quote]

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi Mileman

If you do it by yourself, maybe a marriage certificate or something of the sort may help![/quote]

YEs mileman we are planning some holidays together for 1 week. As my marriage certificate is in UKVI. I cant travel with it.

So If i fly to spain with passport and COA , all will be ok?
You think they ll let me plane when I am boarding from spain back to UK?
Do you know some people who did in this way?

Dirk

Post by Dirk » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:50 pm

EEA FM, SS route.

Sent: 4/7/15
Received HO: 7/7/15
Money deducted: 9/7/15
Biometrics Letter: 15/7/15 (dated 10/7/15), Biometrics submitted the same day.
Still waiting for COA but we phoned them yesterday (20th) and they said "next week".

It seems 2 weeks after biometrics seems to be the norm for a COA right now meaning 3-4 weeks after the initial application. A big slow down from the past timelines posted on here.